PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Tropical Storms/Hurricane Names

CosmicPal
05-17-2005, 10:22 PM
What? No Hurricane CosmicPal?

Dumb names for this season. Somehow Hurricane Wilma or Hurricane Rita don't sound very dangerous. And Gert? WTF kind of name is Hurricane Gert?

2005 Atlantic, Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico names

Arlene
Bret
Cindy
Dennis
Emily
Franklin
Gert
Harvey
Irene
Jose
Katrina
Lee
Maria
Nate
Ophelia
Philippe
Rita
Stan
Tammy
Vince
Wilma

Rain Man
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
What's the deal with the order? Do they not just go in alphabetical order any more?

And Hurricane Gert sounds scary. It sounds like a bag-lady type of hurricane that wanders around in a sweater even in the summer and dresses its cats up in strange little costumes for holidays that don't exist. You don't mess with a hurricane like that.

CosmicPal
05-17-2005, 10:32 PM
What's the deal with the order? Do they not just go in alphabetical order any more?

Doh...they are supposed to be in alphabetical order. I copied it from the website and the names on the right moved to the left. I'll fix it.

TEX
05-17-2005, 10:34 PM
I bet this hurricane season is the worst in history simply because I'm having a house built. It's scheduled to be finished the first week in September. So that leaves plenty of time for tropical disturbances to mess things up for me... :cuss:

Stinger
05-17-2005, 10:35 PM
What? No Hurricane CosmicPal?

Dumb names for this season. Somehow Hurricane Wilma or Hurricane Rita don't sound very dangerous. And Gert? WTF kind of name is Hurricane Gert?

It is short for Gertrude. It reminds me of the kind of name an aunt would have. I think the hurricane would probably be like your aunt - it won't do much damage but it will bug the crap out of listening to it.

Edit ~~Rain man beat me to the punch

Ultra Peanut
05-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Philippe FeeReep!