PDA

View Full Version : It's The Star Wars anti-hype that I'm sick of

jarjar
05-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Every time.

Man saying you don't like Star Wars and that Lucas is an idiot is apparently the coolest shit to do when these movies come out.

If nobody had ever heard of Star Wars before these sequels were made, then most people would enjoy them, some people would hate them and some would think they were awesome. Then it would be just like every other movie, and that would be better I think.

If you ask me, the wisest crowd are the ones who enjoy it for what it is and move on.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Man saying you don't like Star Wars and that Lucas is an idiot is apparently the coolest shit to do when these movies come out.

Pretty much.

I don't go in to "Survivor" threads and say "This is the ****ing stupidest concept in the history of television, and only middle aged losers who can't tell this shit is fake watch it". I just ignore them, and move on.

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Pretty much.

I don't go in to "Survivor" threads and say "This is the ****ing stupidest concept in the history of television, and only middle aged losers who can't tell this shit is fake watch it". I just ignore them, and move on.

But you know, survivor is pretty god damned gay.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
But you know, survivor is pretty god damned gay.
Pretty much everything on network TV is pretty god damned gay. At the top of my list is "Friends". That has to be the worst show to ever make it past a few seasons. Any of the "competition" based reality shows are pretty weak too. I can't stand listening to the actors (yes, they are actors) talk about their strengths and weaknesses, and how they think they can win the competition. Its so labored and retarded.

jspchief
05-18-2005, 01:10 PM
I like the people that refuse to watch any of them. It really makes a lot sense to dismiss something that has appealled to such a massive protion of the population. Clearly it has nothing to offer.

I refuse to look at the Mona Lisa because of all the stiff shirts that like that kind of art.

I refuse to listen to the Beatles, because of all the dorky old people that like them.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:13 PM
I like the people that refuse to watch any of them. It really makes a lot sense to dismiss something that has appealled to such a massive protion of the population. Clearly it has nothing to offer.

I refuse to look at the Mona Lisa because of all the stiff shirts that like that kind of art.

I refuse to listen to the Beatles, because of all the dorky old people that like them.
I don't care about that. There is a reason people choose not to watch them, and usually at the top of the list its "I don't like Sci-Fi". Don't like it? No big deal. Its the same reason I chose not to watch movies like "Meet the Parents/Fockers". I don't find them funny at all, even if 97% of the American population say otherwise.

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:14 PM
Funny how that works. On the other hand Family Guy is funny as hell.
And Meet the Fockers wasn't that bad.

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Every time.

If nobody had ever heard of Star Wars before these sequels were made, then most people would enjoy them, some people would hate them and some would think they were awesome. Then it would be just like every other movie, and that would be better I think.

If you ask me, the wisest crowd are the ones who enjoy it for what it is and move on.
Oh I don't limit it to Star Wars. I'm pretty much anti-pop culture in general so take your light saber and shove it up your ass.

:p

jspchief
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
I don't care about that. There is a reason people choose not to watch them, and usually at the top of the list its "I don't like Sci-Fi". Don't like it? No big deal. Its the same reason I chose not to watch movies like "Meet the Parents/Fockers". I don't find them funny at all, even if 97% of the American population say otherwise.I guess that makes sense. I just think of all the great movies I've seen, that I didn't think would appeal to me, but watched anyway just to see what all the hype was about. Hype doesn't guarantee you'll enjoy it, but usually these things are that popular for a reason. Just seems closed minded to never give it a chance.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 01:17 PM
That can't be sanitary.

Nzoner
05-18-2005, 01:23 PM
I guess that makes sense. I just think of all the great movies I've seen, that I didn't think would appeal to me, but watched anyway just to see what all the hype was about. Hype doesn't guarantee you'll enjoy it, but usually these things are that popular for a reason. Just seems closed minded to never give it a chance.

There are those of us that have given it a cahnce though and didn't care for it.For instance,I've seen the first Star Wars and the first two LOTR and for my tastes personally,I have no intentions of watching the others.

GermtheWorm
05-18-2005, 01:27 PM
Its funny people are so sick of the hype yet they post a thread and talk about it over and over... :shake:

Im new:drool:

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:31 PM
Its funny that the backlash irritates the StarDorks, who are irritating the non-stardorks to the point of them saying their irritated.

Maybe, just maybe if stardorks just went to the movie, and 35 year olds who lived in their mothers basement were saber jousting in every direction, tehre wouldn't be a reaction.

It doesn't bother me that people like the genre....I liked the first 3 when I was younger........but Its almost to the point of being like having Dense making an yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak bugle in the car with no radio.

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 01:32 PM
That can't be sanitary.

Sure it is... it's a laserbeam, so the wound would be instantly cauterized ;)

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 01:33 PM
Its funny that the backlash irritates the StarDorks, who are irritating the non-stardorks to the point of them saying their irritated.

Maybe, just maybe if stardorks just went to the movie, and 35 year olds who lived in their mothers basement were saber jousting in every direction, tehre wouldn't be a reaction.

It doesn't bother me that people like the genre....I liked the first 3 when I was younger........but Its almost to the point of being like having Dense making an yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak bugle in the car with no radio.
I don't know what the last half of this post was about but it made me laugh out loud.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:35 PM
I've seen the first 3 a couple of 3 times a piece over the years.....I enjoyed them.

The one with the Kid on the fly Bike.....sucked. I knew then(via HBO) that I was done with Stardorks.

I've never seen any of the LoTR series....I did read the Hobbit, and always figured I'd try it....but didn't, probably mostly because I was tired of hearing about it, before it came out.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
I haven't seen LOTR yet. I plan on it someday...

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Well the truth is something pretty obvious, and it's fun to point out because it instantly invalidates the snobbishness of those of you who hate things just to be cool.

All forms of entertainment require the spectator to be a willing participant.

This is important because it explains the reason people like things despite there being a ton of evidence that said thing is actually pretty good. Just like some people like country and hate rap, and it has little to do with the actual quality of the music in either case. It's an image thing. It's about preconcieved notions we have about the things we "like". Someone doesn't like pop-culture because he isn't "mindless pop-culture sheep" like everyone else. Or someone doesn't like country because they aren't an ignorant redneck, or doesn't like rap because they aren't an ignorant thug who wears baggy clothes.

Skip doesn't like Star Wars because only juvenile little annoying little nerdy bastard like that bullshit.

That's all most of this posturing is, and that's why I hate anti-hype. It's far far more bullshit than someone who just comes out and says they enjoy something, or just think it's okay. But regardless, the Star Wars movies are not bad enough that you can genuinely hate them unless you're full of shit in my opinion.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM
I have a friend, who has 2 little boys.....almost 3 and almost 5.

Every time I see them, they bust into some kind of Karate moves, strike a pose of some type and say "I'm a Power Ranger".

I usually laugh, because they're 4.

Its not as funny when 35 year olds make their robot beeping noises or glggglllllllllglglllllllllllll wookie howel every time I see them.

I'm sure that saul and gochiefs bust into the Robot dance and talk like a mechanical Mrs Doubtfire every day. thats probably why their coworkers bought those new MP3 players they wear all the time.

GermtheWorm
05-18-2005, 01:39 PM

Wow! Ive seen some sharp wit and strong opinions before.... but... Wow!

:drool:

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 01:41 PM

Every time I see them, they bust into some kind of Karate moves, strike a pose of some type and say "I'm a Power Ranger".

Its not as funny when 35 year olds make their robot beeping noises or glggglllllllllglglllllllllllll wookie howel every time I see them.

ROFL

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Well the truth is something pretty obvious, and it's fun to point out because it instantly invalidates the snobbishness of those of you who hate things just to be cool.

All forms of entertainment require the spectator to be a willing participant.

This is important because it explains the reason people like things despite there being a ton of evidence that said thing is actually pretty good. Just like some people like country and hate rap, and it has little to do with the actual quality of the music in either case. It's an image thing. It's about preconcieved notions we have about the things we "like". Someone doesn't like pop-culture because he isn't "mindless pop-culture sheep" like everyone else. Or someone doesn't like country because they aren't an ignorant redneck, or doesn't like rap because they aren't an ignorant thug who wears baggy clothes.

Skip doesn't like Star Wars because only juvenile little annoying little nerdy bastard like that bullshit.

That's all most of this posturing is, and that's why I hate anti-hype. It's far far more bullshit than someone who just comes out and says they enjoy something, or just think it's okay. But regardless, It's not bad enough that you can genuinely hate it unless you're full of shit in my opinion.
Sounds like a bunch of rationalizing bullshit to me. But then again what do I know. I'm one of those anti-pop culture bastards.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:42 PM

I'm sure that saul and gochiefs bust into the Robot dance and talk like a mechanical Mrs Doubtfire every day. thats probably why their coworkers bought those new MP3 players they wear all the time.

Kinda the way I feel about full grown men wearing Cowboy hats and shitkickers. Maybe they want to replay Deliverance in the barn in the back yard, or maybe they want to go rope some goats. For what? Only the misses knows for sure.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Just look at this resident blowhard. Think he gets any tang other than whats at the local petting zoo?

http://www.hdprint.co.uk/ftp/Colorado/304%20-%20Cowboy%20Harry.jpg

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Sounds like a bunch of rationalizing bullshit to me. But then again what do I know. I'm one of those anti-pop culture bastards.

Nobody likes to be transparent.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Heh. Do we all get Star Wars handles in honor of the movie, now?

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:46 PM
The difference is, some of those full grown men, work on ranches, where your jesus joggers and yoda-toga aren't exactly realistic attire.

Where's Sauldo?
You'd have a better point, if those guys couldn't today, in any state of the union use the cowboy hat to keep the rain and sun off of their neck and face, keep their feet dry with the boots, ride a horse, rope a cow or ride a bull. I'll conced that its the same, the first time you and Lando cal prissian share a beer with a 500 year old Booger who knows kung fu.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Nobody likes to be transparent.

Now you tell me!

http://www.baua.de/dasa/ae0_glasmann.jpg

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:51 PM
The difference is, some of those full grown men, work on ranches, where your jesus joggers and yoda-toga aren't exactly realistic attire.

Where's Sauldo?
You'd have a better point, if those guys couldn't today, in any state of the union use the cowboy hat to keep the rain and sun off of their neck and face, keep their feet dry with the boots, ride a horse, rope a cow or ride a bull. I'll conced that its the same, the first time you and Lando cal prissian share a beer with a 500 year old Booger who knows kung fu.
I can guarantee you that most of them don't. Most of them just wear that goofy shit because they think they are "a little but cun-try..". Its ridiculous looking, as are stormtrooper outfits. I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in either of em.

Tell you what, go to the mall this weekend and ask the resident hicks in their goofy clown shoes and dinner-plate sized beltbuckles if they've ever "roped a cow" for something other than sexual pleasures, and see what kinda response you get. This is after of course they are done shopping at Old Navy, and before they get in their new shiny Ford Expedition.

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:52 PM

Where's Sauldo?

You could do it in genes and a t-shirt though, honestly. When you dress like the guy in the picture it is a bit of grown-up play time isn't it?

JimNasium
Heh. Do we all get Star Wars handles in honor of the movie, now?
How about 'adopt a Star Wars character'? That would be really annoying.

Saulbadguy
I get Admiral Ackbar. It's a trap!

Taco John

I'm with you man.. F*** dorky old people. :cuss:

Count Zarth

It would be, wouldn't it?

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:53 PM
Find a pic of 1 real life dorktrooper. How about a living Wookie?

Taco John
I'm adopting Padme

Count Zarth
I get Admiral Ackbar. It's a trap!

IT'S NOT EVEN JUNE!

Saulbadguy
You could do it in genes and a t-shirt though, honestly. When you dress like the guy in the picture it is a bit of grown-up play time isn't it?
The people I know that work on farms and ranches (I live in Kansas..I know plenty of em) don't dress like that. They got their dickies, and carpenters jeans. Thats about it for the most part.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Find a pic of 1 real life dorktrooper. How about a living Wookie?
I'm not even gonna ask what they are about to do to that animal.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 01:56 PM
I can guarantee you that most of them don't. Most of them just wear that goofy shit because they think they are "a little but cun-try..". Its ridiculous looking, as are stormtrooper outfits. I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in either of em.

Tell you what, go to the mall this weekend and ask the resident hicks in their goofy clown shoes and dinner-plate sized beltbuckles if they've ever "roped a cow" for something other than sexual pleasures, and see what kinda response you get. This is after of course they are done shopping at Old Navy, and before they get in their new shiny Ford Expedition.

Better yet.

You get a friend with a cam corder........and YOU go find 5 grown men in cowboy hats, and tell them that. Post the video here.

I'd like you to do a couple of different test areas though........Go ahead and try it with your Johnson county wannabe, and then go 200 miles west.

I'll tape myself, telling the first 10 guys I see in starwars gettups what I think. triumph was Gentle.

Post the clips.

jarjar
05-18-2005, 01:58 PM
God damned bullshit. What the **** kind of stupid shit system lets mods **** around with the users for their entertainment?

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm adopting Padme

TJ = Woody Allen.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Better yet.

You get a friend with a cam corder........and YOU go find 5 grown men in cowboy hats, and tell them that. Post the video here.

I'd like you to do a couple of different test areas though........Go ahead and try it with your Johnson county wannabe, and then go 200 miles west.

I'll tape myself, telling the first 10 guys I see in starwars gettups what I think. triumph was Gentle.

Post the clips.
I don't see how me getting my arse kicked (I hope thats all they do) would prove your point. They are both dorks who are trying to be something they aren't.

Better yet..why do people get dressed up in a certain attire to go to football games? To show some enthusiasm, me thinks..not because they want to be Priest Holmes or Tony G. Same thing the people dressing up to go see a movie are doing..showing enthusiasm.

Saulbadguy
God damned bullshit. What the **** kind of stupid shit system lets mods **** around with the users for their entertainment?
Whoooa...lighten up Francis!

jspchief
God damned bullshit. What the **** kind of stupid shit system lets mods **** around with the users for their entertainment?Hahaha. Welcome to the Planet.

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:02 PM

meesa thinkum yousa getting <i>annngry</i> annie?

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:05 PM

Its looks to me like that guy was probably working on some Touristy train thing for the old west. If you go to the O.K. Corral show, you're probably expecting to see someone with a lid on. Get back to me when that guy is wearing that at Pricechopper......or to say the Next kevin Costner movie with Indians in it.

If I go to Disneyland, I'd better see a midget in a Mickey Mouse Outfit.

Every time Stardorks releases another verse, anywhere close to a theater looks like a Circus run by Gregorian Monks is in town.

My favorite part, is when I make fun of some Stardork fan, and they hold their hand up like they're giving me "the claw" or are "pinching my head" and are trying so hard, they blow a blood vessel in their eye.

Theres a chance that the guy in the Stetson actually believes it to be every day attire, might work on a ranch(thats as much his culture as your FUBU or in your case Jordash Jeans) or might be a Rodeo Cowboy, who just might open your head like a chew can.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 02:07 PM
meesa thinkum yousa getting annngry annie?ROFL

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
heh, I used to work with a "poseur cowboy". He wore the gear and talked the talk, but had never been on a horse! Frickin posuer.

Hell, I played in punk and death metal bands, had blue mohawk, shaved my head to skin, and even had green spiked hair... sported tattoos, cammo and combat boots and <i>I've</i> worked on a goddamn ranch before (that's some hard frickin work too, let me tell you... and scary as hell when you have to pen the cattle... esp the bulls). I was more of a cowboy than that puke ever dreamed of being ;)

Nzoner
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM

So much for the force being with you.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:11 PM

control your anger you must, young skydorker hmmmm.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM

Me-sa gettin' berry berry scared!

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
heh, I used to work with a "poseur cowboy". He wore the gear and talked the talk, but had never been on a horse! Frickin posuer.

Hell, I played in punk and death metal bands, had blue mohawk, shaved my head to skin, and even had green spiked hair... sported tattoos, cammo and combat boots and <i>I've</i> worked on a goddamn ranch before (that's some hard frickin work too, let me tell you... and scary as hell when you have to pen the cattle... esp the bulls). I was more of a cowboy than that puke ever dreamed of being ;)
Yep, all the bullshit is on the inside of the boots.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Every city has the "county fair Cowboys". I probably see things differently as I grew up around cattlemen, ranchers, farmers and rodeo cowboys. You'll probably find that Johnson County doesn't exactly have the same core group of Lid-wearers as say, the Feedlots out west.

I'll probably be working cows and calves this weekend. You definitely get kicked alot sorting pen and ally when pushing calves. Thats still easier than holding tails for the Castration or branding.

I have a straw hat, but don't wear it much........alot less now than when I was doing the rodeo phase.

I'll say that it makes more sense to me than alot of the "Urban wear" I see all over the place. It can't look any funnier than the Suburban cracker in the Puff Daddy cloths with the straight billed NBA hat on sideways.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I'll say that it makes more sense to me than alot of the "Urban wear" I see all over the place. It can't look any funnier than the Suburban cracker in the Puff Daddy cloths with the straight billed NBA hat on sideways.
Yep...or people wearing camo pants. I always joke with whomever is standing next to me at the time "WTF is with that floating torso over there?"

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
Yep, all the bullshit is on the inside of the boots.

ROFL
I'm stealing that one

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:20 PM
Yep...or people wearing camo pants. I always joke with whomever is standing next to me at the time "WTF is with that floating torso over there?"

Hey, rip-stop is some comfortable shiznit.
Of course, I don't wear the full BDU pant... I cut 'em off into shorts. You can make fun of me if you want... I'll just give you the finger and tell you to go f*ck yourself :D

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't even really give a shit about Star Wars, that was kind of the point.

Anyway, there are a lot of people around here who dress like cowboys, some are cowboys and some aren't. In neither case do they have to dress like that though, it's just preference. A lot of people see it as stupid, those people also hate country music. It's the same preconceived notions, and it's pointless. People would be better off if they were a bit more rational.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
I don't even really give a shit about Star Wars, that was kind of the point.

Anyway, there are a lot of people around here who dress like cowboys, some are cowboys and some aren't. In neither case do they have to dress like that though, it's just preference. A lot of people see it as stupid, those people also hate country music. It's the same preconceived notions, and it's pointless. People would be better off if they were a bit more rational.

You re-registered. ROFL

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:26 PM

do they get a "fee saul-hall pass" if they've been or are in the military?

How about if say, I just climbed out of a tree from 4hrs of bow hunting and came to town for a sammich, and get ready to go back out? Does that offend your delicate balance of socially acceptable comfort?

I think that people dressing like starwars is one thing, but the REAL tools are these goatfornicaters that walk around in these queerass purple KSU shirts. Might was well have the Telle-Tubby Horn on top of the head.

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
You re-registered. ROFL

Yeah, yeah I did. Why wouldn't I?

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM

They would have changed your username back.

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:31 PM
They would have changed your username back.

Or I could just do it myself.

jspchief
Yeah, yeah I did. Why wouldn't I?Dude, you may need thicker skin if you're going to last long here.

Donger

This one shows promise.

jidar
Dude, you may need thicker skin if you're going to last long here.

I've got it. I'm holding back because I don't want to be banned and this is the best place I know for consolidated daily Chiefs news.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:32 PM
do they get a "fee saul-hall pass" if they've been or are in the military?

How about if say, I just climbed out of a tree from 4hrs of bow hunting and came to town for a sammich, and get ready to go back out? Does that offend your delicate balance of socially acceptable comfort?

I think that people dressing like starwars is one thing, but the REAL tools are these goatfornicaters that walk around in these queerass purple KSU shirts. Might was well have the Telle-Tubby Horn on top of the head.
ROFL

I suppose if you want to walk around town dressed up like the forest, go right ahead. It provides us "shittty folk" with countless hours of entertainment. Does the Golden Corral have a place you can check in your pea shooter and dusters?

jspchief
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
I've got it. I'm holding back because I don't want to be banned and this is the best place I know for consolidated daily Chiefs news.
If you have to "hold back to keep from getting banned" over something as harmless as a username change in jest, then I'd say you don't have thick skin.

Nzoner
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM

Damn,I can't wait to see what you're holding back.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Now they can't change your name back, since you re-registered. Smooth move.

mlyonsd
05-18-2005, 02:41 PM
We're missing a "Who were the three best Star Wars characters?" poll.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
We're missing a "Who were the three best Star Wars characters?" poll.

RAIN MAN....DO IT! DO IT!

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Now they can't change your name back, since you re-registered. Smooth move.

I'm not really sure why that's important.. I have my name now. Because I lost my avatar and sig? Wasn't that attached to them.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not really sure why that's important.. I have my name now. Because I lost my avatar and sig? Wasn't that attached to them.

You can use those with your new name if you want. The only thing you changed was registration date and post count.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Or I could just do it myself.

I see that someone is setting himself up to be the new planet teatherball.

Want to play me Pedro?

Wait until until one of the mods shows back up and pulls your whiskers again, Kip.

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
If you have to "hold back to keep from getting banned" over something as harmless as a username change in jest, then I'd say you don't have thick skin.

And I'd suggest you're a f a g g o t.

If I hit you in the face and you dont hit me back do you have thick skin or are you just a pussy? The mods can **** with me but the only avenue I have to fight back is to use words, and one avenue is to creatively insult people. (here is where you point out that calling somoone faggot isn't creative, go ahead, you know you want to). I just prefer to play the game as opposed to being played with.

SPchief
05-18-2005, 02:49 PM
heh

this could get interesting

Nzoner
05-18-2005, 02:50 PM

If I hit you in the face and you dont hit me back do you have thick skin or are you just a pussy? The mods can **** with me but the only avenue I have to fight back is to use words, and one avenue is to creatively insult people. (here is where you point out that calling somoone pillowbiter isn't creative, go ahead, you know you want to). I just prefer to play the game as opposed to being played with.

Yep,calling someone a f a g g o t is very creative.

Iowanian
Yep..........

Class, We've located the new Sportin' gal.

I'm curious to see this "creative insult" skill. Color me interested, butt trencher.

If you're this worked up, over this little bit of sport at your expense...you're bound to be the center of a planet bukake party soon.

jspchief

If I hit you in the face and you dont hit me back do you have thick skin or are you just a pussy? The mods can **** with me but the only avenue I have to fight back is to use words, and one avenue is to creatively insult people. (here is where you point out that calling somoone pillowbiter isn't creative, go ahead, you know you want to). I just prefer to play the game as opposed to being played with.Jeezuz...A changed username really chafes the labia for some people. Maybe you can rub some of mothers milk on it to soothe the burn.

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:52 PM
I see that someone is setting himself up to be the new planet teatherball.

Want to play me Pedro?

Wait until until one of the mods shows back up and pulls your whiskers again, Kip.

Heh. There is something about corn and cowshit that turns people into mental midgets. I'm not really sure who could objectively keep score, but I don't know what it takes to not be banned either so I'd be playing with one hand tied behind my back either way. I guess that still gives me pretty good odds against you though, Hustler.

jidar
05-18-2005, 02:53 PM
Jeezuz...A changed username really chafes the labia for some people. Maybe you can rub some of mothers milk on it to soothe the burn.

heh. I was just kidding.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Seems this isn't the first time some newb has been "going to OWN me"......seems not to be the first time, that slapped down Sally, blubbering on teh megabyte used the "I might get banned" or I'd reeeeeally give it to you.

I'll tell you what.........you go ahead and say whatever you need to, at my expense, and I make sure you won't be banned for it.

I'd encourage you to look through some archives and study for this test first though. Maybe start out with the JV.

As for "playing with 1 hand", I'd guess thats pretty common activity for you, on the days when the new Walmart ad with the small boys clothing section comes out. You're probably aching for those sensual 'back to school' ads to be released.

You're not allowed to use the email chainletter smack this time either ghostof.

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 03:00 PM
It would appear that Goatcheese, Slayer and lil' Roy get another reprieve.

jidar
05-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Holy shit, I've ran into the resident bad boy. It's the Internet tough guy, this is his turf and I'd better learn my place quick or he might open a can of something or other on my you-know-what.

Listen ****er, I don't give a shit about you or the fact that you have your ego tied up around how cool you are on these boards and how many newb's you "slapped down".

I was just making a rational point and someone decided to **** with me, I responded in kind. I don't see where I flew off the handle at all really. In the meanwhile, if it makes you feel better I'll bow down to your messageboard might and admit that you can slap down the best of 'em, all right champ?

SPchief
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Easy there tiger

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Heh. There is something about corn and cowshit that turns people into mental midgets. I'm not really sure who could objectively keep score, but I don't know what it takes to not be banned either so I'd be playing with one hand tied behind my back either way. I guess that still gives me pretty good odds against you though, Hustler.
I'm goin' after some popcorn.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Whatever jarjar.

You're not the first asshat to swagger in here, fly off the handle and talk big about how bad your smack is going to be. You're not the first to indicate that you're going to "own" someone....

if you can't take a reasonable amount of joke at your expense, and keep the manchowder off of your chin....you're in for an enjoyable planet experience.

There was nothing "rational" about your responses.

You're the one that busted out the "you guys better not tease me, or I'll call you names in creative ways". I've seen this riverdance before, sally, and you look like shit in tights.

yeah....you're prooving a Tool. Feel free to take whoever you want to school. You were just telling JSP that you're the contender...lets see you work the bag Sport.

jspchief
05-18-2005, 03:09 PM
heh. I was just kidding.Wow, barely touched gloves, and you're already folding like a freshly greased lawn chair.

Whatsa matter? Did it just occur to you that pouting like a 10 year old girl who just got stood up her dirty uncle wasn't making a good impression? Or just run out of quality material after that "f a g g o t" slam? I hear there's going to be a tiff on the local playground at 4:30. Maybe if you let Jimmy out of the janitor's closet early, you can sneak out there and eavesdrop for some more quality smack.

A Mod was playing around with you, and you got bent out of shape over it. I was just trying to let you know it was all in fun and that you needed to lighten up. Pretty sure I was wasting my time, judging by the display you just put on. You might check the Sesame Street BB, they play nice. Who knows, you might even pick up some fresh smack.

stevieray
05-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Holy shit, I've ran into the resident bad boy. It's the Internet tough guy, this is his turf and I'd better learn my place quick or he might open a can of something or other on my you-know-what.

Listen ****er, I don't give a shit about you or the fact that you have your ego tied up around how cool you are on these boards and how many newb's you "slapped down".

I was just making a rational point and someone decided to **** with me, I responded in kind. I don't see where I flew off the handle at all really. In the meanwhile, if it makes you feel better I'll bow down to your messageboard might and admit that you can slap down the best of 'em, all right champ?

I think kind of proves why there is anti-hype...all this over a made up story??

ROFL

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 03:17 PM
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

jarjar is just upset that I don't think his new action figure is neato, nor am I impressed that he's using his starfish as a garage for it.

jidar
05-18-2005, 03:22 PM
Really, I've just got a problem with mod abuse. I realize changing a name is harmless, but that's not the point. The point is it's a means of expression outside of what is allowed to normal users. You've all accepted this system though so I'm really not going to be convincing anyone of anything.

It should be enough to say that it's going to be difficult to make a coherent argument that concerns Star Wars in any manner when your name is jarjar. Yeah I put a little bit of thought into my posts so it was annoying to have it invalidated like that.

Instead I'll get gang banged by people who identify with toughness by how many newbs they "smack down" on messageboards. If I werent' such a nancy boy I'd go along and play swords with you two lovers, because why does discussion matter when we can just screw with each other?

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Its a joke Gomer.........Its a joke thats been played 500 times in the 4 years prior to your arrival.

they only reason anyone gets "gangbanged" here, is for being a complete, irrational, brownstar.

You're the one who mentioned the might of you Smack sword, and when you had your Panties pulled down, now all you can do is scream about just being in the Pool, and the water was cold.

Starwars still sucks, Peewee.

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Really, I've just got a problem with mod abuse. I realize changing a name is harmless, but that's not the point. The point is it's a means of expression outside of what is allowed to normal users. You've all accepted this system though so I'm really not going to be convincing anyone of anything.

It should be enough to say that it's going to be difficult to make a coherent argument that concerns Star Wars in any manner when your name is jarjar. Yeah I put a little bit of thought into my posts so it was annoying to have it invalidated like that.

Instead I'll get gang banged by people who identify with toughness by how many newbs they "smack down" on messageboards. If I werent' such a nancy boy I'd go along and play swords with you two lovers, because why does discussion matter when we can just screw with each other?

You type pretty well for a Gungan.

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM

If you've never had your name changed on this board, you're probably not very well liked.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 03:27 PM

ROFL

Nerd alert!

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Good Lord, will the giggle material never stop! ROFL ROFL ROFL

SPchief
05-18-2005, 03:28 PM

Tell us how you really feel

jidar
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Its a joke Gomer.........Its a joke thats been played 500 times in the 4 years prior to your arrival.

Yeah well, I've found firsthand that it sucks. I feel myself trembling about your keyboard of doom though.

DOOOOOOooooM

jidar
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Tell us how you really feel

Ok now that was just weak. seriously. heh

Donger
05-18-2005, 03:30 PM
If you've never had your name changed on this board, you're probably not very well liked.

Excellent.

Oh, wait a moment...

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Mods...here's my generous donation for jidar binks new avatar...

Bowser
05-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Chaos on a Star Wars thread! If that guy dressed as Obi-Wan by the theater would just pick up the phone, and if Lucas would stop throwing politics into his movies, and if gochiefs would move out of his folks' basement, none of this would have happened!!!11!

ENDelt260
05-18-2005, 03:40 PM
I like the people that refuse to watch any of them.

I refuse to watch them... not because of the douchebags who idolize the flicks (though, that would dissuade me from going on opening day), but because sci fi doesn't appeal to me.

ENDelt260
05-18-2005, 03:44 PM
usually these things are that popular for a reason.

My assumption is that a vast majority of the general population are brain dead idiots. If something doesn't appeal to me, but millions of people are throwing away their cash on it, it in no way compels me to join in.

ENDelt260
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
There are those of us that have given it a cahnce though and didn't care for it.For instance,I've seen the first Star Wars and the first two LOTR and for my tastes personally,I have no intentions of watching the others.

I've seen parts of the old trilogy here and there. I don't think I've ever made it through all of any of them, though.

ENDelt260
05-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Hahaha. Welcome to the Planet.
Holy smokes. That's word for word what I was about to type.

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 03:52 PM
It's understandable. There are no fat chicks in Star Wars, either.

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Excellent.

Oh, wait a moment...
You're the exception. Yours was goofy enough right out of the box.

jspchief
05-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I refuse to watch them... not because of the douchebags who idolize the flicks (though, that would dissuade me from going on opening day), but because sci fi doesn't appeal to me.I guess it's that's hard for me to fathom because I give just about anything a shot. I can respect avoiding it if it's not your thing. I certainly avoid plenty of chick flicks, regardless of popularity.

Overall, I have pretty eclectic tastes when it comes to everything, so I figure most things are worth a chance. Star Wars is widely regarded as one of the great movies of the last few decades, even by those who aren't wearing storm trooper suits over their yoda under-roos. It's just one of those movies that I feel everyone should see once. After that, if it doesn't float your boat, the rest certainly won't do anything for you.

Donger
05-18-2005, 04:00 PM
You're the exception. Yours was goofy enough right out of the box.

What the hell's goofy about Donger?

jspchief
05-18-2005, 04:05 PM
What the hell's goofy about Donger?You really don't know?

Donger is slang for dick.

Iowanian
05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
The Keyboard of Doom is anxious with anticipation.

the Jartard is obviously a worthy adversary.

Donger
05-18-2005, 04:07 PM
You really don't know?

Donger is slang for dick.

Bullsh*t. Donger refers to the classic asian character Long Duck Dong in Sixteen Candles.

jspchief
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Bullsh*t. Donger refers to the classic asian character Long Duck Dong in Sixteen Candles.And the humor in Long Duck Dong's name is that "dong" is American slang for dick.

Hence the quote: "What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork"

note: "Dork" is slang for dick also

Count Zarth
05-18-2005, 04:11 PM
DONG is slang for dick.

Donger
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
And the humor in Long Duck Dong's name is that "dong" is American slang for dick.

Hence the quote: "What the hell are you bitchin' about? I gotta sleep under some Chinaman named after a duck's dork"

note: "Dork" is slang for dick also

ROFL

ENDelt260
05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
ROFL ROFL

Saulbadguy
11-30-2005, 11:22 AM

ROFL

Duck Dog
11-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Never seen any of them. So that's at least one more thing I can't be made fun of for.

KCChiefsMan
11-30-2005, 01:25 PM
I have not watched a single episode of survivor, I don't buy that any of those people are in any kind of danger or in a struggle to survive.

Now the bachelor.....that's a damn good show! j/k

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Funny how that works. On the other hand Family Guy is funny as hell.
And Meet the Fockers wasn't that bad.Why can't they just come out and say it, "Meet the ****ers". I mean, how retarded is that? Why is it funny to say, Hey you Dumb Focker? Everyone laughs because their brain got teased with the bad word? That is not humor, that is juvenile immaturity.

The Dumb Fockers that made that show are focked up.

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 03:27 PM
I haven't seen LOTR yet. I plan on it someday...ROFL

jidar
11-30-2005, 03:31 PM
LOL!
God damn this faggot thread.

listopencil
11-30-2005, 04:09 PM
Eh, the problem is that the new Star Wars movies as a group just aren't all that good. If the first new one was the first in the series no sequels would have been made. The second new one was ok and the third new one was good. Still, the new ones sucked compared to the old ones.

beavis
11-30-2005, 04:45 PM
Why can't they just come out and say it, "Meet the ****ers". I mean, how retarded is that? Why is it funny to say, Hey you Dumb Focker? Everyone laughs because their brain got teased with the bad word? That is not humor, that is juvenile immaturity.

The Dumb Fockers that made that show are focked up.
Yeah, but who has ever heard of someone with the last name F*cker? Be realistic dude.

kcfanintitanhell
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, but who has ever heard of someone with the last name F*cker? Be realistic dude.
Wasn't there a German WWII fighter plane called a Fokker? Maybe the Fockers are related, altered their name when they moved to America...

Calcountry
11-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Yeah, but who has ever heard of someone with the last name F*cker? Be realistic dude.Who ever heard of someone with the last name focker?

ENDelt260
11-30-2005, 05:44 PM
So, what inspired this bump, Saul?

Count Zarth
11-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Cool thread.

I know no one will believe this, but I've only seen Episode III once.

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2005, 07:59 PM
but the REAL tools are these goatfornicaters that walk around in these queerass purple KSU shirts.

Yea, those goatfu.....

wait a minute...