PDA

View Full Version : Another observed difference between men and women.

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I was walking home yesterday, and there was a woman strolling on the other side of the street. It occurred to me that she was doing something that is (in my experience) uniquely female.

She was walking with her arms crossed.

I occasionally see women do it, but I have never seen a man walk with his arms crossed. I have no theory about why this occurs, other than that it could possibly be boob-related.

Can anyone else corroborate or refute my observation?

ptlyon
05-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Men cross their arms all of the time, especially if they are introvert, but I have never seen a man walking crossarmed, unless it was in the middle of a couple of guys talking and then "strolling" a few steps.

tyton75
05-18-2005, 02:49 PM
I have never seen a dude walking down the street with his arms crossed.. if I did, I would probably have to point him out, then inexplicably yell out "QUEER!!"... then look around like it didn't come from my pie hole

JimNasium
05-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Arms crossed equates to defensiveness in body language terms. Perhaps you exhibit a constant and insidious threat to women. I know that you scared the hell out of me. Iím sure if we had video of my visit you would find my arms crossed over 50% of the time.

ptlyon
05-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I know that you scared the hell out of me. Iím sure if we had video of my visit you would find my arms crossed over 50% of the time.

I would have been blocking something else other than that I would guess.

Donger
05-18-2005, 03:04 PM
I've noticed that women walk with their arms crossed for two reasons:

1. They are upset or feel threatened, and for some unfathomable reason it makes them feel more secure. Perhaps it's the feamle equivalent of some mens' tendency to put part of their hand down their pants when watching TV.

2. Tittie hard-on coverup.

Goapics1
05-18-2005, 03:10 PM
I was walking home yesterday, and there was a woman strolling on the other side of the street. It occurred to me that she was doing something that is (in my experience) uniquely female.

She was walking with her arms crossed.

I occasionally see women do it, but I have never seen a man walk with his arms crossed. I have no theory about why this occurs, other than that it could possibly be boob-related.

Can anyone else corroborate or refute my observation?

Great post. I never noticed until you mentioned. I see a ton of women walk with arms crossed, but do not recall seeing a man do it.

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Reducing the bounce.

As Bob Dole so eloquently pointed out in another thread, everything in life that matters eventually has at its root, big titties.

DeepSouth
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Men will cross their arms when they are tired of listening. Take notice in a meeting. If the individual speaking is interesting or entertaining, less men have their arms crossed. Compared that with someone speaking that's boring as grass growing and you'll notice that almost all the men will have their arms crossed over their crest.

jspchief
05-18-2005, 04:16 PM
As has been mentioned, it was probably tit related. Either to ease the bounce, cover the meat erasers, or just because she feels like men are always looking at them.

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 04:25 PM
It's because women can be pissed off at anything even when they're walking alone. Men will let that s**t go unitl it's appropriate to bring it back up.

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 04:34 PM
I think it has to do with tits.

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 04:44 PM
I think it has to do with tits.
As a man you think

1. purchasing new underwear has something to do with tits.
2. purchasing new car insurance has something to do with tits.
3. eating dinner has something to do with tits.
4. working has something to do with tits.

All correctly, I might add. Everything has something to do with tits.

ck_IN
05-18-2005, 04:49 PM
When my wife does it it's to hide the nips poking through the blouse. I always make a point to ask her loudly 'why her arms are crossed, is she cold?' when I see her do it.

It's a good thing that woman loves me, otherwise she'd kill me. ROFL

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM
So if I see a woman walking with her arms crossed, I should make a point of asking for change for a dollar or something, just to make her uncross her arms?

Jenson71
05-18-2005, 04:58 PM
Good topic. Recently I went to my grandpa's house and we talked a little about his dad, Mathias. Mathias fought in WWI. I guess he liked to stand/walk with his hands clasped behind his back. Lately, I've been trying it out, just standing. I usually stand with my arms crossed, like in the lunch line.

ck_IN
05-18-2005, 05:01 PM
<i>So if I see a woman walking with her arms crossed, I should make a point of asking for change for a dollar or something, just to make her uncross her arms?</i>

I would if I were you. My personal pick is to ask the time. It has much the same effect and doesn't involve money which the woman could claim she doesn't have.

Donger
05-18-2005, 05:04 PM
So if I see a woman walking with her arms crossed, I should make a point of asking for change for a dollar or something, just to make her uncross her arms?

I'll make you a bet.

If you do the above to a woman walking on the streets of downtown Denver, I bet that she will (while continuing to keep her arms crossed) twist her body away from you without stopping.

I George Zimmer it.