PDA

View Full Version : Breathe, breathe in the air.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
:)

ChiefFripp
05-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Fred Durst is so deep.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Fred Durst??

Shiiiiit...

No.

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Did I mention SACD is the absolute shiznit???

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
This has changed my entire outlook on life.

I'm off to join the merchant marines.

|Zach|
05-18-2005, 02:07 PM
This has changed my entire outlook on life.

I'm off to join the merchant marines.

Good luck with that. Don't do to many polls in the first week. Who ever is sailing with you will throw you overboard. Not a lot of people can handle all of those questions.

KC Kings
05-18-2005, 02:08 PM
Did I mention SACD is the absolute shiznit???
They still sell SACD? I went with a Panasonic DVD player with 6 channel audio outs for DVD audio instead of a player with SACD because the last time I was in Best Buy they had just gotten rid of all of their SACD cd's.

BTW, I got "Best of Stevie Knicks" and "Eagles Greatest Hits" dvd audio, and it sounds so awesome I want to crap my pants.

Uncle Fester
05-18-2005, 02:12 PM
My favorite group of all time! :)

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
They still sell SACD? I went with a Panasonic DVD player with 6 channel audio outs for DVD audio instead of a player with SACD because the last time I was in Best Buy they had just gotten rid of all of their SACD cd's.

BTW, I got "Best of Stevie Knicks" and "Eagles Greatest Hits" dvd audio, and it sounds so awesome I want to crap my pants.
Though there are constant threats of it becoming 'niched' for the hi-fi set, there's still a good bit of support behind it. They put a lot of effort into DSotM, and just came out of Wish You Were. Also, my favorite label, Telarc, is foresquare behind it.
It is a superior format for fidelity. Hope the support, at least for the genres and labels I like, continues.
I don't need a super hi-fi version of the latest U2 or Velvet Revolver. Just so long as I have access to great classical, jazz and live recordings.

ChiefFripp
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Fred Durst??

Shiiiiit...

No.

Whatever, those are the exact lyrics to " Where be my bitches wit my bling bling chicken wing" only with about 200 explicit words removed.

KC Kings
05-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Though there are constant threats of it becoming 'niched' for the hi-fi set, there's still a good bit of support behind it. They put a lot of effort into DSotM, and just came out of Wish You Were. Also, my favorite label, Telarc, is foresquare behind it.
It is a superior format for fidelity. Hope the support, at least for the genres and labels I like, continues.
I don't need a super hi-fi version of the latest U2 or Velvet Revolver. Just so long as I have access to great classical, jazz and live recordings.

Have you compared SACD to DVD Audio using 6-channel outs? If so, do you rate SACD a higher quality?

I am going to get stuck buying Robert Cray's old album again as well as the new one coming out next week. He re-released "Time Will Tell" in DVD audio just in time to sucker everybody when the new album comes out.

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Have you compared SACD to DVD Audio using 6-channel outs? If so, do you rate SACD a higher quality?

I am going to get stuck buying Robert Cray's old album again as well as the new one coming out next week. He re-released "Time Will Tell" in DVD audio just in time to sucker everybody when the new album comes out.
1. Places offering quality comparisons between SACD and DVD-A at all, let alone 6 channel-v-2 channel, are few and far between.
2. It's gonna be tough to compare the absolute fidelity of a 6 channel system. It's tough enough to tune your ears to subtle differences in two channels, let alone get the time alignment and ambience microchanges in a surround format. Even tougher to tell if the difference are due to the format, the listening environment, or the system.
3. Where I think it's superior is 2-channel. Certainly the science is behind it, particularly if the master is DSD. Sampling rate, bit rate, dynamic range, frequency range, just so much more capability.
I have vinyl, cassette CD and SACD versions of DSotM and the SACD is the only format that out-analogs vinyl. It's the best version, 2 or 6 channel, that I own. Can't wait to get ahold of WYWH.

4th and Long
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Ooooo ... a breathing thread. I wanna play too!

Breathe in Breathe out
Breathe in Breathe out
breathe in
breathe in

tied to a wheel
fingers got to feel
I spin on a whim
I slide to the right
I felt you like electric light
for our love
for our fear
for our rise against the years
and years and years

got a machinehead better than the rest
green to red
machinehead
green to red machine head

and I walk from my machine
I walk from my machine

deaf dumb and thirsty
starting to deserve this
leaning on my conscience wall
blood is like wine
unconscious all the time
if I had it all again
I'd change it all

green to red
machinehead
green to red

and I walk from my machine
I walk from my machine

breathe in breathe out
breathe in breathe out
breathe in
breathe in
breathe in

green to red
machinehead
green to red

Better than the rest
Better than the rest
Machinehead

and I walk form my machine
I walk form my machine

Baby Lee
05-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Ooooo ... a breathing thread. I wanna play too!
That peterpuffer doesn't deserve Gwen!!!

4th and Long
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
That peterpuffer doesn't deserve Gwen!!!
ROFL

Easy there big fella. Have a valium. or 6.

:D

Nzoner
05-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Whatever, those are the exact lyrics to " Where be my bitches wit my bling bling chicken wing" only with about 200 explicit words removed.

Just another fine example of an original artist at work.