PDA

View Full Version : Bartee moved "permanently" to safety

beer bacon
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
He also had a pick covering Sammie Parker today.

Priest is back and he has a burst.

Woods still a no show.

Gonzo won't be practicing for a while.

Donger
05-18-2005, 02:13 PM
WTF does this have to do with Star Wars?

Spicy McHaggis
05-18-2005, 02:14 PM

Liar.

ptlyon
Next up, why women cheat, and why.

tk13
ROFL Hahahaha that is great. Couldn't get one in 4-5 years at CB, plays safety for a day and he's Deion Sanders.

beer bacon
WTF does this have to do with Star Wars?

Star Wars is actually just one big analogy for the Vermeil era Kansas City Chiefs.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:15 PM
BarteeNextRonnieLott

Spicy McHaggis
05-18-2005, 02:16 PM
Hey I hope the guy succeeds, as long as he is a Chief I won't ever wish him ill.

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
I have a feeling Woods is history. An interesting bit of speculation was brought up today on 610: in the interview from kcchiefs.com Knight was asked whether he had had a chance to sit down and talk to Wesley. No mention of Woods. It could be because Woods was not participating in OTAs, however I would think they would still ask him if Knight had had a chance to speak with Wesley <i>and</i> Woods.

Good to hear Bartee has been moved. He has the build/tackling ability to be a solid safety. He never should have been moved to CB to begin with.

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
I think Jerome Woods will be cut. I don't see any way he beats out Greg Wesley (DV said he had the best offseason he's seen out of Wesley). Woods' days are numbered.

Bartee is going to have to do a ton for him to make the team as a safety.

ChiefFripp
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
His head won't need to be on a swivle so he may do ok at that position.

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:22 PM

Woods still a no show.

Did you hear anything else??

beer bacon
05-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Did you hear anything else??

I am still listening. They talked about the Royals for a while. Then they talked about the Chiefs for a short time, and now they are back to the Royals.

Cochise
05-18-2005, 02:24 PM
He might make a great safety. He has corner speed and physical tools, he's just lacking in man-to-man abilities and ball skills over what you want in an NFL cornerback. Sounds like a player tailor-made for safety.

And FWIW, I think his play really improved last year. I'm rooting for him. He's the underdog and has really got beaten up around here, but bottom line, he's a Chief so I am rooting for him. And I think there is still something left there of what made him a 2nd rounder. He's young and has time to work it out.

Edubs
05-18-2005, 02:26 PM

Woods still a no show.

Bartee to Safety is a great move.

Skip Towne
05-18-2005, 02:28 PM
By "permanently" I assume you mean till June 2nd.

tk13
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
I would like to keep Bartee on the roster, even if it's a 4th CB or safety, because he's a good special teams player, and generally a solid tackler.

Bowser
05-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Bartee to Safety is a great move.

You bet! It keeps him away from corner!

Rain Man
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM

I'll bet everything suddenly froze as everyone stopped and stared at the strange sight of a football in William Bartee's hands. The birds stopped singing, people stopped moving, and far distant from Kansas City, a light rain began falling in the Atacama Desert.

beer bacon
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
I would like to keep Bartee on the roster, even if it's a 4th CB or safety, because he's a good special teams player, and generally a solid tackler.

He also got an interception.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Oh, great. Now everyone thinks Romey is chopped liver and Bartee is Roy Williams. :sulk:

BigRedChief
BarteeNextRonnieLott

You seem like a cool dude to me Saul. Why is your rep always in the red?

Phobia
How many years have the fans been calling for this move?

ptlyon
05-18-2005, 02:32 PM
I'll bet everything suddenly froze as everyone stopped and stared at the strange sight of a football in William Bartee's hands. The birds stopped singing, people stopped moving, and far distant from Kansas City, a light rain began falling in the Atacama Desert.

Must be a hoax, I didn't feel the earth move or anything...

ptlyon
05-18-2005, 02:32 PM

Or the other move.

ptlyon
05-18-2005, 02:33 PM

That post got me thinking. Maybe Gun actually feels that he has quality at CB now.

Edubs
05-18-2005, 02:34 PM
He also got an interception.

If Bartee get's an interception this year we should have a huge f-ing party. I will chug the rest of my big a$$ beer at the game if he makes a pic. I will probably cry in my beer as I chug it.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:35 PM
You seem like a cool dude to me Saul. Why is your rep always in the red?
Its the pecking order around here. Phil was threatened by my presence. He knows whats going down. Heh.

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:35 PM
We never thought the "Safety to CB conversion" would get reversed.

Bowser
05-18-2005, 02:36 PM

How many years has he been with the team?

Hey, waitaminnit! Get your bitch ass back out in the Arizona heat, and build Brians' deck! Whu-PAAAAA!

JakeT
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
I posted this in other Bartee thread for today oh what the h*ll I'll put it here too.

When evaluating Bartee - I think we need to remember how closely related corner and safety can be in the nfl. For example, in a cover 3, typically two safeties and one cb are responsible for the deep 1/3s. So depending on the set up Bartee or Warfield would have essentially been playing safety.

In cover 2, a cb normally tries to move his man inside and "mans up" on the w/o inside his zone if his side ends up being weak.

We all know Bartee has issues with man to man coverage - he can run step for step with the w/o and I think he does a good job of not looking in the backfield (unlike Warfield) he just can NOT at all get a read from the receiver to figure out when the ball is there.

However, in a strong side cover 2, the cornerback must again play like a safety and read the qb and play a zone -- especially when facing a typical high low attack.

My personal opinion of Bartee is that has some athletic ability he is good in run support, he can't read receivers and he can't read plays.

I bet Gun can find a place for him in the secondary in special situations where he can excel, but - he will not however all of the sudden become a great safety. We've seen enough of him to know how he plays.

ck_IN
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Damm how many safety's does that make now?

tk13
05-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Good point, we should let the fans make all the moves. Larry Johnson would be a Miami Dolphin and J.J. Moses would be our kick return guy, but we'd have control of the team! :)

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Good point, we should let the fans make all the moves. Larry Johnson would be a Miami Dolphin and J.J. Moses would be our kick return guy, but we'd have control of the team! :)
And we'd have a DOMINANT pass rush with Hugh Douglas and Grant Wistrom.

Phobia
05-18-2005, 02:40 PM
How many years has he been with the team?

Hey, waitaminnit! Get your bitch ass back out in the Arizona heat, and build Brians' deck! Whu-PAAAAA!

I was planning to have a Mexican today - apparently the Scottsdale Home Depot is too high class to allow them to hang out. I got stuck doing all the shitty dirty work myself. I really hate dirty work.

Wait until you see Brian's grill. OMG - you could grill a whole side of beef on the thing.

HC_Chief
And we'd have a DOMINANT pass rush with Hugh Douglas and Grant Wistrom.

That's DOMINATE pass rush...

ptlyon
Damm how many safety's does that make now?

How many safeties does it take to get into the middle of the NFL defensive rankings?

Saulbadguy
05-18-2005, 02:41 PM
That's DOMINATE pass rush...

Whoops..forgot to consult the Chiefsplanet lexicon.

HC_Chief
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Whoops..forgot to consult the Chiefsplanet lexicon.

If you ever forget, just check my sig. ;)

retart

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Right now we have Woods, Wesley, Knight, Harts, Pile, Connot, Crouch, Moore, Canonico....and now William Bartee.

Phobia
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM

I think the Chiefs should sell worthless stock certificates like the Packers. Then you'd see some "real" fan bitching out here.

BigRedChief
05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Right now we have Woods, Wesley, Knight, Harts, Pile, Connot, Crouch, Moore, Canonico....and now William Bartee.

Woods is more and more looking like a June 1st cut

Bowser
05-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Canonico? Who the hell?

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Woods is more and more looking like a June 1st cut

I really think Woods is gone as long as it makes sense financially. Both Woods and Morton are going to free up some space for a WR hopefully.

royr17
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
The Way it sounds about Woods, makes me start to think our safeties this year will be Wesley, Knight, Bartee, and Pile/Harts/Connott.

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Canonico? Who the hell?

#30 Eddie Canonico. FA 05' 6'1, 180...Sacramento State.

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
The Way it sounds about Woods, makes me start to think our safeties this year will be Wesley, Knight, Bartee, and Pile/Harts/Connott.

Unless Woods comes in and blows the doors off Arrowhead (River Falls) in TC, I think the starters are obviously Knight and Wesley, backed up by Pile and Harts. If KC wants to keep Bartee around as a 5th safety/5th CB, then he'll make it. Otherwise, Bartee is a longshot at this point.

morphius
05-18-2005, 02:56 PM
Canonico? Who the hell?
We needed an even number, that way it looks better when they do the Safety Dance.

Morphius
shoot me, shoot me now!

morphius
05-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Unless Woods comes in and blows the doors off Arrowhead (River Falls) in TC, I think the starters are obviously Knight and Wesley, backed up by Pile and Harts. If KC wants to keep Bartee around as a 5th safety/5th CB, then he'll make it. Otherwise, Bartee is a longshot at this point.
I don't know, the way the Connot has been playing in NFLE sounds like he has a pretty good shot of making the team as well.

TRR
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't know, the way the Connot has been playing in NFLE sounds like he has a pretty good shot of making the team as well.

Very well could be, but I don't see Scott Connot beating out Pile for the 4th Safety spot. Harts can play both safety spots, which really helps him.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in NFLE.

Bowser
05-18-2005, 02:59 PM
We needed an even number, that way it looks better when they do the Safety Dance.

Morphius
shoot me, shoot me now!

:spock:

Bowser
05-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Maybe Gunther is going to go with 9 safeties and 5 D-Linemen this year?

tk13
05-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Canonico? Who the hell?
We signed the gas station. Our secondary usually bursts into flames anyway so we decided to speed up the process.

Douche Baggins
05-18-2005, 03:04 PM
We signed the gas station. Our secondary usually bursts into flames anyway so we decided to speed up the process.

Wow! We're going to be on fire! I hope Gunther's foot is on the gas!

morphius
05-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Very well could be, but I don't see Scott Connot beating out Pile for the 4th Safety spot. Harts can play both safety spots, which really helps him.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in NFLE.
I guess Harts and Pile played okay, but to me niether were stand outs. Now I haven't seen Connot playing in Europe, but everything reads like he is all over the field and not just making plays, but making big plays. Of course the talent level there is less, but a ball hawk in a game against Jake Plummer? I mean that is a no brainer!

TRR
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I guess Harts and Pile played okay, but to me niether were stand outs. Now I haven't seen Connot playing in Europe, but everything reads like he is all over the field and not just making plays, but making big plays. Of course the talent level there is less, but a ball hawk in a game against Jake Plummer? I mean that is a no brainer!

LOL! I think Connot has a good chance of making the practice squad (is he eligibile?)..but I don't think he'll make the 53 man roster. I don't think William Bartee will make the 53 man roster either.

royr17
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I see the safeties now being, Wesley, Knight, Bartee, and Connott.

Harts has trouble diagnosing plays, and is always out of place. Pile is a ok backup. Woods has a very good chance at beating out Wesley but only if he returns to the Woods of old.

Unless Woods kicks ass, our Safeties will be Wesely, Knight, Woods/Bartee, Connott.

unlurking
05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I was planning to have a Mexican today - apparently the Scottsdale Home Depot is too high class to allow them to hang out. I got stuck doing all the shitty dirty work myself. I really hate dirty work.

Wait until you see Brian's grill. OMG - you could grill a whole side of beef on the thing.
I had a Mexican once, she gave me the runs.

TRR
05-18-2005, 03:48 PM
I see the safeties now being, Wesley, Knight, Bartee, and Connott.

Harts has trouble diagnosing plays, and is always out of place. Pile is a ok backup. Woods has a very good chance at beating out Wesley but only if he returns to the Woods of old.

Unless Woods kicks ass, our Safeties will be Wesely, Knight, Woods/Bartee, Connott.

I completely disagree. Connot has done nothing in the NFL. If every player that played well in NFLE dominated the NFL, life would be a lot easier. Connot will again struggle to make the team.

William Bartee has played Safety for one day in the NFL (practice). There is no way I can give Bartee the nod over Harts or Pile, who have actually played safety, and played decently well in the NFL.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
Wow. Safety Dance. I didn't even get that until just now.

tk13
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Wow. You aren't no friend of mine.

Bowser
05-18-2005, 04:10 PM

You earned it, as well.....

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2005, 04:13 PM
My apologies. I didn't mean to get Mr. Vega involved.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Wow. You aren't no friend of mine.
But... I dance! :deevee:

ZootedGranny
05-18-2005, 04:15 PM
It'll be funny if moving Bartee to safety is the catalyst. He comes out, and just starts beasting on opposing teams, averaging an interception and a broken WR collarbone per game.