PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP! Who has Word Perfect?

Fried Meat Ball!
05-18-2005, 08:45 PM
OK... so I have a problem. I have a guy that brought me a disk for a brochure, which is, of course in Word Perfect... I've tried everything from Word 2003 to Open Office to get this stupid thing translated and I can't do it. So, my two options are to find someone who has WP or recreate the whole damn thing... anyone?

It's a HUGE file, so I can either put on my website and let you download it from there or I can compress it (ZIP) and e-mail it to you... I need it translated to Word (2001) or PDF (which would be best). THANKS!

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
OK... so I have a problem. I have a guy that brought me a disk for a brochure, which is, of course in Word Perfect... I've tried everything from Word 2003 to Open Office to get this stupid thing translated and I can't do it. So, my two options are to find someone who has WP or recreate the whole damn thing... anyone?

It's a HUGE file, so I can either put on my website and let you download it from there or I can compress it (ZIP) and e-mail it to you... I need it translated to Word (2001) or PDF (which would be best). THANKS!
What version of WP?

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 09:51 PM
I have a couple of apps that claim to be able to open and convert WP, just shoot me the link and I'll see what I can do.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Version 9.

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 10:14 PM
Version 9.
Should be good to go, that's an older version.

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 10:38 PM
Well, I opened it in a couple of different viewers/converters, all of them gave me the same thing. The only thing that changed was pagination. Hope that helps. I must admit I'm curious how the f**k WP makes 3 pages of text at 10% coverage a 10MB file. You should probably verify with him that he doesn't have embedded pictures or some other crap in there.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to HAVE to have WP...

Simplex3
05-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to HAVE to have WP...
Make him convert it. Every version of WP I can remember could save as MS Office.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Well, this guy I had a hard time convincing him that he couldn't just "save as" to a CD... the guy's pretty illiterate when it comes to computers.

Manila-Chief
05-18-2005, 11:21 PM
I have WP if you still need my help!!! I have WP 10

Yes, every WP I've had does save to Word and a variety of other formats.

BTW ... WP is a much better word processing program that Word!!!!

Bob Dole
05-18-2005, 11:55 PM
Save stuff as RTF and it should be portable.

Simplex3
05-19-2005, 01:00 AM
So is a pad of Post-Its and a #2 pencil. What's your point?

Fried Meat Ball!
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM
This file DOES have embedded clipart/pix, so an RTF won't work... which is also why my translations are only giving me text. Anyone that wants a crack at it, give me a PM. THANKS!

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 12:11 PM

Put down the crack pipe and step away from the whore. Get yourself cleaned up and check into rehab.:p

Manila-Chief
05-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Put down the crack pipe and step away from the whore. Get yourself cleaned up and check into rehab.:p

Have you used WP?

GMitch
05-19-2005, 08:05 PM
The only people I've ever met that liked Word better than Word Perfect are people who haven't used WP. We got forced into converting over to Word 3 or 4 years ago. There isn't a day goes by that I don't cuss Word and wish I had WP back. The same goes for everybody else in my office.

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM
Have you used WP?
I'm an I.T. professional who has done years (back in the day) of desktop support for WP. Its a fine product. The issue is compatibility. Just like the one you are facing. Same with running Mozilla or Firefox browsers. Nothing wrong with the product besides compatibility issues. From a support standpoint and as a business why bang your head against the wall. It's Bill's world. It's a done deal.