PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Golf Match

philfree
05-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Any body want to play? How bout you Mr. Stinger? You Up for a friendly round of golf? I'm not trying to be a cock just trying to find a decent game. Skippy is to old apparently but if we could get up a foursome it'd be great fun. I'll take on any challengers. I prefer Deer Lake because they have a bar and a goody cart with a pretty girl named Monica driving it but we can play River Cut or even go down to the "Valley"(hidden Valley) or any country club anyone can get us on. If we get up a game maybe I can get us a C.C. track if we play morfe then once. So who's up for some golf?

PhilFree:arrow:

Stinger
05-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Any body want to play? How bout you Mr. Stinger? You Up for a friendly round of golf? I'm not trying to be a cock just trying to find a decent game. Skippy is to old apparently but if we could get up a foursome it'd be great fun. I'll take on any challengers. I prefer Deer Lake because they have a bar and a goody cart with a pretty girl named Monica driving it but we can play River Cut or even go down to the "Valley"(hidden Valley) or any country club anyone can get us on. If we get up a game maybe I can get us a C.C. track if we play morfe then once. So who's up for some golf?

If your up for a friendly game to play, yes I am up for playing. If you are wanting to play to try and prove something (that is between you and Skip) then no I have use for that. I been there and done that and have no use for it anymore. It is much more enjoyable to go out and and enjoy the day with good company.

I am pretty busy until the end of next month though. Just took 4 days on a golf trip to Oregon. Kids school ends next week so we are going to try and go on a family vacation after Mermorial Weekend. I may have some time though towards the middle or end of June though. Let me know if we can get together I enjoy meeting planeteers, and enjoy it more when golf is involved.

philfree
05-19-2005, 09:57 AM
If your up for a friendly game to play, yes I am up for playing. If you are wanting to play to try and prove something (that is between you and Skip) then no I have use for that. I been there and done that and have no use for it anymore. It is much more enjoyable to go out and and enjoy the day with good company.

I am pretty busy until the end of next month though. Just took 4 days on a golf trip to Oregon. Kids school ends next week so we are going to try and go on a family vacation after Mermorial Weekend. I may have some time though towards the middle or end of June though. Let me know if we can get together I enjoy meeting planeteers, and enjoy it more when golf is involved.

Skippy started all that on his own I ain't got nothing to prove anybody. Yeah I'm heading out as soon as my daughter is through with her school so the middle of June is fine with me. A friendly wager would be nice though and maybe a skins game. Small stakes of course. I'll bring the thread back up when it gets closer to that time and we'll set up a tee time.

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:07 AM
Skippy started all that on his own I ain't got nothing to prove anybody. Yeah I'm heading out as soon as my daughter is through with her school so the middle of June is fine with me. A friendly wager would be nice though and maybe a skins game. Small stakes of course. I'll bring the thread back up when it gets closer to that time and we'll set up a tee time.

:toast: Cool looking forward to it. Any other planeteers wanna join? Would be nice to get a foursome or two. Sounds like it should be a fun day golf and good company.

Iowanian
05-19-2005, 10:08 AM
I've never lost a golf match.

I've never finished 9 holes either.........If anyone got ahead of me, I'd chop block them with the cart.

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:11 AM

I've never finished 9 holes either.........If anyone got ahead of me, I'd chop block them with the cart.

Hehe the Toyna Harding of the Links ...

philfree
05-19-2005, 10:18 AM

Sounds like you'd make a good caddy. "Iowanian, I'm 3 down. You know what to do! Just be sure it looks like an accident."

Iowanian
05-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I guarantee I've hit more lugnuts than golf balls with golf sticks. I can drive a lug nut 200 yards and bust the window out of the car I'm aiming for.

Golf isn't for me. I'm positive I'm a stick breaker, and the only time I tried to play with some friends, I was pretty close to wrapping a stick around the heads of the jerkoffs playing behind us that were bitching, but wouldn't play through....and then on the far corner,getting bitched at for Pissing in the Trees.

Golf isn't for me, but I'm pretty good at the Cart driving thing as long as there is beer.....that, and Critisism and sarcasm if you hit a ball poorly. that I can do.

ptlyon
05-19-2005, 10:20 AM
Skippy is to old apparently but if we could get up a foursome it'd be great fun.

Dandy...

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:21 AM
Sounds like you'd make a good caddy. "Iowanian, I'm 3 down. You know what to do! Just be sure it looks like an accident."

ROFL

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:24 AM
, but I'm pretty good at the Cart driving thing as long as there is beer.....that, and Critisism and sarcasm if you hit a ball poorly. that I can do.

Man you halfway there. That last part is a must for any golfer. :) See golfing is not that hard

HemiEd
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
Springfield is too far for me but speaking of Golf, I had a great time yesterday afternoon. We had our annual "Ten man shootout." We have two qualification weeks and the low ten scores are selected to compete in it. It is always my favorite event, I had won it one year and second another. You tee off with ten guys and one is eliminated on each hole until the ninth hole the two survivors are playing the last hole. I got second again. A lot of Alcohol had to be consumed afterwards rehashing everything, lots of fun! :toast:

JimNasium
05-19-2005, 10:27 AM
I might be persuaded to play if you promise not to make fun of my game.

|Zach|
05-19-2005, 10:28 AM
I would love to join up but I am heading out of town in a few hours. I will be playing a few rouns in the next few days in KC.

philfree
05-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Springfield is too far for me but speaking of Golf, I had a great time yesterday afternoon. We had our annual "Ten man shootout." We have two qualification weeks and the low ten scores are selected to compete in it. It is always my favorite event, I had won it one year and second another. You tee off with ten guys and one is eliminated on each hole until the ninth hole the two survivors are playing the last hole. I got second again. A lot of Alcohol had to be consumed afterwards rehashing everything, lots of fun! :toast:

A Derby! Those are always fun to play in or just watch.

ptlyon
05-19-2005, 10:32 AM
I might be persuaded to play if you promise not to make fun of my _____.

Look! The Match Game is back!

HemiEd
05-19-2005, 10:34 AM
A Derby! Those are always fun to play in or just watch.

I agree, we have numerous events each season but that is my favorite. It is all about surviving. :p

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:37 AM
I would love to join up but I am heading out of town in a few hours. I will be playing a few rouns in the next few days in KC.

Ah come on join up it looks like it is not going to be until the middle of next month.

Springfield is too far for me but speaking of Golf, I had a great time yesterday afternoon. We had our annual "Ten man shootout." We have two qualification weeks and the low ten scores are selected to compete in it. It is always my favorite event, I had won it one year and second another. You tee off with ten guys and one is eliminated on each hole until the ninth hole the two survivors are playing the last hole. I got second again. A lot of Alcohol had to be consumed afterwards rehashing everything, lots of fun! :toast:.

Sweet .. Congrats on that. Those events are a blast. When something is set up come on and join us.

I can only promise not to do it for 3 holes. After that you are fair game. :p Actually the more the marrier and I will do my best, besides who cares what your game looks like if your having a good time.

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:39 AM
It is all about surviving. :p
Are you talking on the course or in the bar afterwards? ROFL

|Zach|
05-19-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh not till next month?

I will prob be in then. I have to invoke the JimNasium clause of not being made fun of to much for my golf uhhh "skills"

philfree
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM

We wouldn't do that.

HemiEd
05-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Sweet .. Congrats on that. Those events are a blast. When something is set up come on and join us.

Thanks, I will keep an eye on this and hope I can work it out!

HemiEd
05-19-2005, 10:49 AM
Are you talking on the course or in the bar afterwards? ROFL

Both actually, wheew. Drove home with ZZ-top blasting away! I was really in for a shock when I stuck the key in the ignition this morning. ROFL

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:54 AM
Oh not till next month?

I will prob be in then. I have to invoke the JimNasium clause of not being made fun of to much for my golf uhhh "skills"

Eh If you have or don't have golf skills, I don't care and I am sure whoever plays won't either. I prefer to play with those who want to enjoy the day and don't take golf or things too seriously.

The more the merrier, I would love to have a foursome* or two, or even a couple of threesomes* of Planet members ( * golf terms folks get your head out the gutter rest of Chiefs Planet :p ).

Iowanian
05-19-2005, 10:55 AM
Do Springfield Country Clubs require both things for the Dress code? You know....Cut off bluejeans with appropriate amount of Fringe and 5" min mullet?

ptlyon
05-19-2005, 11:02 AM
...enjoy the day and don't take golf or things too seriously.

I'll probably think of that line right after I throw my pitching wedge tonight in league.

Stinger
05-19-2005, 11:09 AM
I'll probably think of that line right after I throw my pitching wedge tonight in league.

Well if it make you feel any better you :D

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98808

ROFL ROFL

Sorry Will ... by the way how is this rant not in the Hall of Classics yet?

HemiEd
05-19-2005, 01:49 PM
Well if it make you feel any better you :D

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98808

ROFL ROFL

Sorry Will ... by the way how is this rant not in the Hall of Classics yet?

That was some fun reading. :clap: I remember throwing a club my first year playing. Of course it took me a long time to find it so have not done it since.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 06:59 PM
I assume no one would want TK as a handicap? Papasmurf plays golf also.....any takers on me? ;)

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I assume no one would want TK as a handicap? Papasmurf plays golf also.....any takers on me? ;)
I'd take ya on in a second if I still lived around there. Just go with Papasmurf and drive the cart for him. Topless would be best.

philfree
05-19-2005, 07:31 PM

Don't sell yourself short. The most important thing is to talk and laugh during everyones swing but mine.

Herzig
05-19-2005, 07:34 PM
I'd take ya on in a second if I still lived around there. Just go with Papasmurf and drive the cart for him. Topless would be best.

I'd drive up there for that.

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 07:39 PM
I'd drive up there for that.
See, TK, a lot of folks want you to show up.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 08:37 PM
See, TK, a lot of folks want you to show up.

Yeah topless.........lol, not happening.:shake:

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 08:39 PM

tips are good;)

tommykat
05-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Don't sell yourself short. The most important thing is to talk and laugh during everyones swing but mine.

No fun..........laughter is the best medicine~So I assume laughter with me would be you all rolling on the ground from it. Did I mention, my clubs are about 25 years old? ROFL No chit...........but when I played they still did the job. Wish I had the flex ones.......oh I shot like he/double LL when I played with them at Lodge of the Four Seasons............you just play with what you got tho.....sniffle :deevee:

tommykat
05-19-2005, 08:42 PM
tips are good;)

Will KC sports bra work? ;)

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Will KC sports bra work? ;)

tips (not b..bs) will probably be a bit smaller.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 08:51 PM
tips (not b..bs) will probably be a bit smaller.

:harumph: So you going to put into play?

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 08:55 PM
:harumph: So you going to put into play?

with what?:p

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:09 PM
with what?:p

Friskey little chit tonight aren't you?

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Friskey little chit tonight aren't you?

nah just horney. :banghead:

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:15 PM
nah just horney. :banghead:

Call 1-900-BABE..........ROFL

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 09:17 PM
Call 1-900-BABE..........ROFL

had to leave a message.

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
You're no fun.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:20 PM
You're no fun.

I'm a lady Skippy :harumph:

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:22 PM
had to leave a message.

Well CHIT.........long night...Find a hankie or sock........ROFL

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 09:23 PM

Does that work????????????

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Does that work????????????

I assume it did when you were young........ROFL

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=tommykat]I assume it did when you were young........ROFL[/QUOTyou know what ass u me does.

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 09:34 PM
Now THAT is direct and to the point.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM

you betcha....ROFL

papasmurf
05-19-2005, 09:38 PM

not exactly direct too the POINT

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
you betcha....ROFL
You're no fun.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
not exactly direct too the POINT

Your daughter is going to be so emberssed to read this.........shame on you.:deevee: LOL

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:41 PM
You're no fun.

I believe you said that earlier..........FOOOOOOOOOO CHIT on you!

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 09:44 PM
I believe you said that earlier..........FOOOOOOOOOO CHIT on you!
And older women bitch when older guys go for younger women. Young chicks will do ANYTHING. And we like that.

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:47 PM
And older women bitch when older guys go for younger women. Young chicks will do ANYTHING. And we like that.

WHATEVER...........:rolleyes: I have class!

Stinger
05-19-2005, 09:49 PM
WHATEVER......... I have a great ass!

:eek:

ROFL
:D

tommykat
05-19-2005, 09:51 PM
:eek:

ROFL
:D

ROFL good one..........rep on it's way~

farout
05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
i'll play....if i'm in town

farout

Stinger
05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
i'll play....if i'm in town

farout

Sweet I hope it works out. :thumb:

Skip Towne
05-19-2005, 10:01 PM
WHATEVER...........:rolleyes: I have class!
Sorry, there is just no demand for class.

farout
05-19-2005, 10:13 PM
Sweet I hope it works out. :thumb:

look forward to it

farout

Goodys
05-20-2005, 06:16 AM
I'll watch for the thread for date and time, I'll be there if I can.