PDA

View Full Version : Attn Topeka Residents

ptlyon
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
I will be in your lovely town next week for the NHRA drags (May 27-29th).

If any of you are going to the races or would like to possibly meet up for a beverage, PM me.

I love Heartland Raceway. I've been there 3 times, Chicago, Las Vegas, Denver, and Phoenix and it blows them all away.

****NOTE**** We have an extra tickets available for the races, one for each day of the event (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

If anyone is interested in going to one or all of the days they are more than welcome to.

ptlyon
05-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Shameless mid-weekend bump

RedNeckRaider
05-21-2005, 11:12 AM
I have heard it is a blast, friends of mine have tried to talk me into going for years. It is not that far from where I live, when is it?

ptlyon
05-21-2005, 11:41 AM
I have heard it is a blast, friends of mine have tried to talk me into going for years. It is not that far from where I live, when is it?

Hey RNR - haven't seen you post in awhile. Hope everything is going well for you.

You would have a blast if you love horsepower and loud engines. Almost 8,000 h.p. in one of these engines. Think of one NASCAR engine per cylinder.

It is next weekend, Memorial Day weekend. Here is the schedule:

Date/Time: May 26-29, 2005

TICKET PRICING & EVENT SCHEDULE

Spectator Ticket Pricing
Adult General Admission $28
Junior GA (6-12 Years Old) $10
Adult Reserved $36
Junior Reserved (6-12) $18
Child Reserved (5 & Under) $8
Adult Reserved (Chairback) $41
Junior Reserved (Chairback) $23
Child Reserved (Chairback) $13
Top Eliminator Club (4-Day Ticket) $275
Four-Day Adult GA Special $99
Four-Day VIP Parking $40
One-Day VIP Parking $20

Schedule for Friday, May 27 Pit/Spectator Gates Open 8 a.m.
Final Pro/TAD-FC/Comp Tech 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
Sportsman Qualifying/Eliminations 9 a.m.
Sport Compact Qualifying (2) 10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Comp Eliminator Qualifying (2) 11:30 a.m. & 2:30 p.m.
TAD/TAFC Qualifying 3 p.m.
Pro Stock Qualifying 4 p.m.
Nitro Qualifying 4:30 p.m.
TAD/TAFC Qualifying 5:30 p.m.
Pro Stock Qualifying 6:30 p.m.
Nitro Qualifying 7 p.m.
Secure Track 8:30 p.m.

Spectator Ticket Pricing
Adult General Admission $40
Adult Reserved $50
Junior Reserved (6-12) $20
Child Reserved (5 & Under) $10
Adult Reserved (Chairback) $55
Junior Reserved (Chairback) $25
Child Reserved (Chairback) $15
Four-Day VIP Parking $40
One-Day VIP Parking $20

Schedule for Saturday, May 28
Pit/Spectator Gates Open 7 a.m.
Sportsman Eliminations 8 a.m.
Sport Compact Qualifying 9:30 a.m.
Comp Eliminator-Rd 1 10:30 a.m.
TAD/TAFC Qualifying 11 a.m.
Pro Stock Qualifying 12 p.m.
Nitro Qualifying 12:30 p.m.
Comp Eliminator-Rd 2 1:30 p.m.
Sportsman Eliminations 2 p.m.
Pro Stock Qualifying 2:30 p.m.
Nitro Qualifying 3 p.m.
TAD/TAFC-Rd 1 4 p.m.
Sport Compact-Rd 1 5 p.m.
Secure Track 5:30 p.m.

Spectator Ticket Pricing
Adult General Admission $43
Adult Reserved $53
Junior Reserved (6-12) $20
Child Reserved (5 & Under) $10
Adult Reserved (Chairback) $58
Junior Reserved (Chairback) $25
Child Reserved (Chairback) $15
Four-Day VIP Parking $40
One-Day VIP Parking $20

Schedule for Sunday, May 29 Pit/Spectator Gates Open 8 a.m.
Sportsman Eliminations 9 a.m.
Pre-Race Ceremonies 10 a.m.
Final Eliminations 11 a.m.
Secure Event 4:30 p.m.
*Schedule Subject to Change

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 11:46 AM
It says May 27-29 in the topic header. Can't Raider fans read?

stumppy
05-21-2005, 12:26 PM
It's been awhile since I've been. But it was a blast every time. Last time I went was when ...Can't even remember his name now, a funny car broke the 300 mph mark for the first time. I think it was Epler. And if I remember right, the same weekend someone broke the 4 second mark. Oh well, got some killer pics. Me and a buddy with John Force. Me and Eddie Hill. Hard to remember it all. Best place to be when the top fuellers are running is next to the biggest set of nipples on a woman you can find.:D The concussion from those engines will make them babies hard enough to cut glass.

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Can anybody race or do you have to qualify? I've got a buddy with a 10 second '55 Chevy that might like to go.

ptlyon
05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Can anybody race or do you have to qualify? I've got a buddy with a 10 second '55 Chevy that might like to go.

I am pretty sure that they have those classes Skip.

Might be the Sportsmans class.

Lzen
05-24-2005, 10:09 AM
Heh, funny thing is that I've lived here since the track was built (late 80s) and I've never been to a race. I'm not much into racing but I'd like to go just for the Hell of it one of these days. Can't this weekend, though. I'm going to your state to visit some friends (my good friend who lived in Florida has just moved to Cedar Rapids).

chief husker
05-24-2005, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=ptlyon]I will be in your lovely town next week for the NHRA drags (May 27-29th).

If any of you are going to the races or would like to possibly meet up for a beverage, PM me.

WARNING! Topeka residents! Do not feed my large friend whiskey. Do not agitate him. Do not put your hands between the bars. Consider yourself warned.

ptlyon
05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Heh, funny thing is that I've lived here since the track was built (late 80s) and I've never been to a race. I'm not much into racing but I'd like to go just for the Hell of it one of these days. Can't this weekend, though. I'm going to your state to visit some friends (my good friend who lived in Florida has just moved to Cedar Rapids).

Figures!

Too bad - we have an extra ticket too!

If you like raw horsepower and don't mind the loudness, you'd be in heaven!

In the pits while they warm up the top fuelers is awesome.

You get that whiff of nitro and your eyes are watering so bad you can't see, the burning in your lungs and you can't breathe, it's awesome!

ptlyon
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
WARNING! Topeka residents! Do not feed my large friend whiskey. Do not agitate him. Do not put your hands between the bars. Consider yourself warned.

Now husker I only get uptight when I am drinking whiskey after watching the Purple Pukes debacle.

I still can't believe we made it out of there alive.

chief husker
05-24-2005, 10:25 AM
Now husker I only get uptight when I am drinking whiskey after watching the Purple Pukes debacle.

I still can't believe we made it out of there alive.

Get Bent! Ah, memories.

ptlyon
05-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah...

ptlyon
05-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Shameless day before leaving bump.

****NOTE**** We have an extra tickets available for the races, one for each day of the event (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

If anyone is interested in going to one or all of the days they are more than welcome to.

HemiEd
05-25-2005, 08:58 AM

For a National Event, like this, you have to accumulate points by attending regional and divisional races. The NHRA has gotten to the point that they could give a "Rats Ass" about sportsman racers like your friend. It is all about the big boys in the thre Pro Classes. Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock. That is what makes good TV and Spectator viewing. FWIW

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 09:08 AM
For a National Event, like this, you have to accumulate points by attending regional and divisional races. The NHRA has gotten to the point that they could give a "Rats Ass" about sportsman racers like your friend. It is all about the big boys in the thre Pro Classes. Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock. That is what makes good TV and Spectator viewing. FWIW
Well, OK, I would like to politely tell them to go f*ck themselves.

HemiEd
05-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, OK, I would like to politely tell them to go f*ck themselves.

Yes, they treat the sportsman racers like cattle. It is a rip to watch though, one of my Buddies has won the Division 5 ET finals twice.
As the thread starter and Stummpy mentioned , watching these Pro Racers is truly a thrill. You can feel the power actually thump you in the chest from quite a distance. I go to both annual National events here at Route 66 Raceway, but would not want to put up with the hassle of racing in Sportsman classes there.

ptlyon
05-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Shameless last chance for night crew bump