UTChief
05-19-2005, 10:22 AM
http://www.810whb.com/shows/default.asp?id=bp

Wile_E_Coyote
05-19-2005, 10:53 AM
Sammy Knight ROFL

ct
05-19-2005, 10:57 AM
can't listen at work, anyone willing to recap?

Wile_E_Coyote
05-19-2005, 11:05 AM
can't listen at work, anyone willing to recap?

IMO the Knight interview needs to be heard with no spoilers. For me it has the sound bite of the year

KC Dan
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
IMO the Knight interview needs to be heard with no spoilers. For me it has the sound bite of the year
Humor us - What'd he say?

Rain Man
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY?

TRR
05-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Whatever it takes to play the sound bites, I don't have it. Probably Windows Media Player. Any other way I can listen to it?

Stinger
05-19-2005, 11:15 AM
TTIWWQ

This Thread Is Worthless Without Quotes

Knob
05-19-2005, 11:30 AM
Hey UTchief what part of utah you in? Salt Lake City here.

Idahored
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Damn mormons......

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
WHAT? WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY?

You post a link, start a thread like this be prepared to provide information or else.....:shake:

Knob
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Mormons rock dude :clap:

Knob
05-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Damn potatoes...

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 11:36 AM
Damn mormons......

They call you Tator Red out there?

UTChief
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
Sorry I had to go out side for a wile. you need windows media play.
Basicly the Interviews were short talked about fitting in with the other players on the team and asked sammy how he felt about having a productive offence on the other side of the ball. how the team looked going into the third day of practice, nothing major but nice to listen to.

since you asked I live 2 hours north of saltlake almost to the Idaho border.

Idahored
05-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Damn potatoes...

:D Touche!

Idahored
05-19-2005, 11:50 AM
They call you Tator Red out there?

That's Tator Salad to you.........

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 12:04 PM
That's Tator Salad to you.........

I heard it used to be Tator Tot but there was that incident with the Cheez-Whiz and the arrest. You changed your last name to salad and moved into hiding among the other tators.

Rausch
05-19-2005, 12:12 PM
Sorry I had to go out side for a wile. you need windows media play.
Basicly the Interviews were short talked about fitting in with the other players on the team and asked sammy how he felt about having a productive offence on the other side of the ball. how the team looked going into the third day of practice, nothing major but nice to listen to.

since you asked I live 2 hours north of saltlake almost to the Idaho border.

Where's the funny?...

bricks
05-19-2005, 12:14 PM
Humor us - What'd he say?

I managed to hear the interview. I'll break down everything he said in point form for everybody. Here goes:

-says coaching staff, organization, and overall team in general, sold him to be a Chief

-Says most importantly, the bottomline is, he wants to help us win, he wants to bring leadership to the team, work with the younger guys, get communication involved in our defense, and everybody has to be on the same page.

-Says playing with Surtain is a lot easier for him. They know how to communicate to each other without talking. they know each others games real well, and are aware of each others strengths and weaknesses.

-Says Gunther is intense. He says something, and will come right at you.
System is similar to the one in New Orleans, and suits his strengths better.

-Says he wants the offense to trust the defense. Feels they shouldn't have to score 35 points per game to win.

-Says he wants the defense to get back to the good old days. Is aware that their was a great legacy of good defensive football players in Kansas City. Mentioned a few names, Albert Lewis, Deron Cherry, and Dale Carter.

-says he wants to bring that legacy of good defensive players back.

-Says he wants the defense to be as good as the offense. Most important, he wants everybody to communicate, understand each other, everybody has to be on the same page.

-Says the Chiefs want to be the best team in the league.

*For the humor part, John and Fescoe we're talking about him getting all settled in and what it was like having to move, shop and stuff. They then asked, will Gunther go out and help you shop for stuff?

-Knight's response was---yeah he'll come back with Gun powder.

The guy is a leader with a good sense of humour. I love it!

BigRedChief
05-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I managed to hear the interview. I'll break down everything he said in point form for everybody. Here goes:

-says coaching staff, organization, and overall team in general, sold him to be a Chief

-Says most importantly, the bottomline is, he wants to help us win, he wants to bring leadership to the team, work with the younger guys, get communication involved in our defense, and everybody has to be on the same page.

-Says playing with Surtain is a lot easier for him. They know how to communicate to each other without talking. they know each others games real well, and are aware of each others strengths and weaknesses.

-Says Gunther is intense. He says something, and will come right at you.
System is similar to the one in New Orleans, and suits his strengths better.

-Says he wants the offense to trust the defense. Feels they shouldn't have to score 35 points per game to win.

-Says he wants the defense to get back to the good old days. Is aware that their was a great legacy of good defensive football players in Kansas City. Mentioned a few names, Albert Lewis, Deron Cherry, and Dale Carter.

-says he wants to bring that legacy of good defensive players back.

-Says he wants the defense to be as good as the offense. Most important, he wants everybody to communicate, understand each other, everybody has to be on the same page.

-Says the Chiefs want to be the best team in the league.

*For the humor part, John and Fescoe we're talking about him getting all settled in and what it was like having to move, shop and stuff. They then asked, will Gunther go out and help you shop for stuff?

-Knight's response was---yeah he'll come back with Gun powder.

The guy is a leader with a good sense of humour. I love it!

You get UTChiefs rep.:clap:

Chief Henry
05-19-2005, 12:37 PM
You get UTChiefs rep.:clap:

No Doubt about that...Rep to BRICKS

bricks
05-19-2005, 01:00 PM
I managed to get the Derrick Johnson interview as well. I'll break this one down as well. Here goes:

-Says things at camp are wonderful. Just being able to get together with everybody.

-Says Grob taught him the NFL schemes in college. Helped him out real well, gave him an edge. He says he has an idea of how coaches in the NFL coach.

-Says camp is what he expected. A lot of communication out there on the field. Need to know a lot overall. Need to know more what you have to do at the pre-snap.

-Says Chiefs Football is like college atmosphere, good atmosphere, loves the city.

-John and Fescoe asked him if he is like a Lawrence Taylor or Derrick Thomas. Johnson chuckled a little bit. He says he thinks he has a combination of both. Hopefully, he'll be like one of them.

-Says his game is sideline to sideline, says if he blitzes off the edge, he can get the sack.

-Says falling to #15 was great, and at the same time, regardless of where you go, your in the NFL and you have to make your mark.

-Says his mind set is to learn everything first, wants to play, and make a difference

-Says regardless of when he starts, if coach Cunningham trusts him, and plays him, he'll produce

-says he loves Cunningham. He coaches like he wants to play, and he explains things real well.

-Says Pagac is like a mini-Cunningham. He knows what he wants, and what to expect from his LBers.

-Says favorite player growing up is Lawrence Taylor.

-Says the Chiefs are playing him at LOLB

-Finally, John and Fescoe were at the camps and were completely amazed at how fast Derrick Johnson is. They say he is the fastest LBer they have seen in Kansas City. they say he is a Derrick Thomas, Lawrence Taylor, and Derrick Brooks. He has the ability to be something special. Intellegent guy, comes from a good football program, should be a good football player.

Hydrae
05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Says he wants the offense to trust the defense. Feels they shouldn't have to score 35 points per game to win.

He actually added to this that not only should the offense not need to score 35, he wants the defense to be good enough that 14 points will win the game! :clap:

alpha_omega
05-19-2005, 01:17 PM
...thanks bricks!!!!!!

Idahored
05-19-2005, 01:58 PM
I heard it used to be Tator Tot but there was that incident with the Cheez-Whiz and the arrest. You changed your last name to salad and moved into hiding among the other tators.
ROFL