PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Poll for AFC WEST team Fans

Kerberos
05-19-2005, 01:14 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=1345

Go to the above link and make your picks.

:D

Vote: AFC West Preview
SportsNation

The AFC West will be an interesting division to watch this season as the Raiders, 5-11 last season, are all the talk this season after acquiring wide receiver Randy Moss from the Vikings.

The Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs have attempted to upgrade their defense while the Chargers stood pat for the most part, apparently satisifed in Drew Brees and coach Marty Schottenheimer's ability to return to the playoffs.

Will Moss help lead the Raiders back to the playoffs? Will the Chiefs new defense help Dick Vermeil win in what is likely his final season? Did Brees overachieve last season?

Cast your vote now and see how your opinion stacks up to the rest of SportsNation!

1) Will Drew Brees replicate his success from last season and lead the Chargers to the playoffs?

Yes
No

2) Broncos coach Mike Shanahan will try to win with a recycled Browns defensive line including Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren and Ebenezer Ekuban. Will it work?

Yes, he can make them winners.
No, a change of scenery won't help.

3) Does the addition of Patrick Surtain, Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight bolster the Chiefs defense enough to contend for the AFC crown?

Yes
No

4) What will Randy Moss do for the Oakland Raiders (5-11 in '04) this season?

Super Bowl
Playoffs
A few more wins
Not much

5) Which AFC West CB will have the most success against Randy Moss?

Kansas City's Patrick Surtain
Denver's Champ Bailey
San Diego's Quentin Jammer

6) Which AFC West team improved the most this offseason?

Denver (Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren)
Kansas City (Patrick Surtain, Kendrell Bell)
Oakland (Randy Moss, LaMont Jordan)
San Diego (Shawne Merriman, Luis Castillo)

7) Who will win the AFC West?

Denver
Kansas City
Oakland
San Diego

alpha_omega
05-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Attention...the answer to #5 is NOT Champ Bailey!

Rain Man
05-19-2005, 01:36 PM
How is Oakland the leader in "most improved team this offseason"? I'm not sure they improved at all. They got Moss, but they lost Buchanan and their starting LB (blanking on his name at the moment). Their first-round pick isn't a guaranteed world beater, either.

ArrowheadHawk
05-19-2005, 01:44 PM
what is with the oakland love fest?

Donger
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Heh.

30.7% San Diego
26.4% Kansas City
25.2% Oakland
17.6% Denver

InChiefsHell
05-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Its not the Oakland love fest...its the Moss love fest...this should be obvious given the fact that the only frickin' thing they did was pick him up...

...I will laugh when the Faiders finish in the basement...

alpha_omega
05-19-2005, 01:51 PM
How is Oakland the leader in "most improved team this offseason"? I'm not sure they improved at all. They got Moss, but they lost Buchanan and their starting LB (blanking on his name at the moment). Their first-round pick isn't a guaranteed world beater, either.

Agreed!

Lzen
05-19-2005, 02:36 PM
For the record, the Raiduhs also picked up Lamont Jordan from the Jets, Derrick Burgess from Philly, Renaldo Hill from Arizona, and a few other lesser players. So, they did do a few things. Will it be enough? I seriously doubt it. I think they lost a lot of talent. I don't see them being much better this season.

Big Slick
05-19-2005, 02:43 PM
Oakland thinks they know how to do something that KC and Indy can't; win a championship with great offense, crappy defense. Guess what, it ain't gonna happen. Why the press fails to call them out on it, who knows, insert your favorite media conspiracy idea. My favorite: build them up artificially now, so you can tear them down later...

Hydrae
Heh.

30.7% San Diego
26.4% Kansas City
25.2% Oakland
17.6% Denver

1) Will Drew Brees replicate his success from last season and lead the Chargers to the playoffs?

52.1% No

47.9% Yes

So how does that work? :hmmm:

ArrowheadHawk
Its not the Oakland love fest...its the Moss love fest...this should be obvious given the fact that the only frickin' thing they did was pick him up...

...I will laugh when the Faiders finish in the basement...tied with the donkeys

Sam
05-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, this is just WRONG!

5) Which AFC West CB will have the most success against Randy Moss?

47.6%Denver's Champ Bailey
27.6%Kansas City's Patrick Surtain
24.8%San Diego's Quentin Jammer

6) Which AFC West team improved the most this offseason?

55.5%Oakland (Randy Moss, LaMont Jordan)
31.7%Kansas City (Patrick Surtain, Kendrell Bell)
6.7%San Diego (Shawne Merriman, Luis Castillo)
6.1%Denver (Courtney Brown, Gerard Warren)

29.9%San Diego
27.9%Oakland
25.6%Kansas City
16.6%Denver

Total Votes: 6,823

Mile High Mania
05-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Nice Hydrae! This is obviously very scientific...