PDA

View Full Version : Whew... congrats to Reggie Miller

tk13
05-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Whew... I'm not even a Pacers fan really, but it's sad to see Reggie's career come to an end tonight. He basically carried the team on his back tonight, right to the end. 27 points, 11-16 shooting against the defending World champs. Seemed like nobody could hit a bucket in the 4th quarter, except for Reggie, and it just wasn't enough in the end. It's why we watch sports, to see guys... that when everything on the line, they somehow step it up to another level, and there are very few athletes in any sport who did it as well as Reggie. All 18 years with one team, which is an accomplishment in itself. It's a shame it had to end tonight. It's really been something to be able to watch him almost every game growing up here in Indiana, the NBA needs more players like Reggie, pro sports in general could probably use more athletes like Reggie Miller.

jagerdrinker
05-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah, thanks Reggie...

on another note, they laughed at me in Vegas when I took the Pistons in 6...who's laughing now?

big nasty kcnut
05-19-2005, 10:11 PM
Reggie Miller enjoy life you were a good player.

Braincase
05-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Yeah, thanks Reggie...

on another note, they laughed at me in Vegas when I took the Pistons in 6...who's laughing now?

I am, but it has more to do with your haircut. :p

Fat Elvis
05-19-2005, 11:15 PM
I am, but it has more to do with your haircut. :p

Heh, you should see my haircut....

the locks are gone.

SNR
05-19-2005, 11:43 PM
The Western Conference is pretty weak.

Unthinkable... could the fight in Detroit have costed Reggie Miller his championship ring he never got?

Reaper16
05-19-2005, 11:45 PM

Imagine anyone saying that a year ago... nope. I got nothing.

tk13
05-19-2005, 11:56 PM

Unthinkable... could the fight in Detroit have costed Reggie Miller his championship ring he never got?
It's a shame, Artest would've helped. That's one of the reasons the fight started in the first place... the Pacers were blowing the Pistons out of their building, the Pistons got frustrated, Ben Wallace hit Artest in the face, and downhill it went...

Goapics1
05-20-2005, 07:07 AM
It's hard to believe now, but back in the day when the Pacers drafted him, he was booed. The locals here wanted homeboy Steve Alford. Guess where Coach Alford is now? It is sad to see Reginald go, but is remarkable he has played 18 yrs. Peace.

Cochise
05-20-2005, 07:09 AM
Always liked watching him play when I was younger, respect the guy. He's the last one left out of all the great players of his day it seems like.

RedNFeisty
05-20-2005, 08:50 AM
I haven't watched basketball in a few years, but that seemed to always be Reggie's roll. When the team was unable to get it done, there was Reggie popping in the threes.

I agree with Cochise, Reggie was one of the last greats left. Will miss hearing his name on Sports Center.

Cochise
05-20-2005, 08:55 AM
Someone once had a huge picture of that shot of his, against the Knicks, where you can see him just about to release the ball, and everyone in the crowd has this "OH NO" look on their faces, that was great... anyone know where to find it?

SNR
05-20-2005, 09:04 AM
It's hard to believe now, but back in the day when the Pacers drafted him, he was booed. The locals here wanted homeboy Steve Alford. Guess where Coach Alford is now? It is sad to see Reginald go, but is remarkable he has played 18 yrs. Peace.Alford wasn't even the star player on Knight's championship team, was he?

Goapics1
05-20-2005, 09:13 AM
Someone once had a huge picture of that shot of his, against the Knicks, where you can see him just about to release the ball, and everyone in the crowd has this "OH NO" look on their faces, that was great... anyone know where to find it?

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www2.indystar.com/users/multimedia/galleries/2005/02/rmiller11a/photo01.jpg

Goapics1
05-20-2005, 09:15 AM
Alford wasn't even the star player on Knight's championship team, was he?

Yes he was. He ended up being drafted by the Mavericks and played (bench warmed) 4 yrs in the NBA.

SNR
05-20-2005, 09:16 AM
Is this what you are referring to?

http://www2.indystar.com/users/multimedia/galleries/2005/02/rmiller11a/photo01.jpg
ROFL

I love the guy in the center-right who has his hands up to his face like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone.

Goapics1
05-20-2005, 09:21 AM
ROFL

I love the guy in the center-right who has his hands up to his face like Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone.

That is funny. And also seeing Spike Lee's little ass in lower left hand corner screaming like a little girl.

Coogs
05-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Whew... I'm not even a Pacers fan really, but it's sad to see Reggie's career come to an end tonight. He basically carried the team on his back tonight, right to the end. 27 points, 11-16 shooting against the defending World champs. Seemed like nobody could hit a bucket in the 4th quarter, except for Reggie, and it just wasn't enough in the end. It's why we watch sports, to see guys... that when everything on the line, they somehow step it up to another level, and there are very few athletes in any sport who did it as well as Reggie. All 18 years with one team, which is an accomplishment in itself. It's a shame it had to end tonight. It's really been something to be able to watch him almost every game growing up here in Indiana, the NBA needs more players like Reggie, pro sports in general could probably use more athletes like Reggie Miller.

It was really something to see the Pistons take the TO and all join in on the standing O given to Reggie.

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Someone once had a huge picture of that shot of his, against the Knicks, where you can see him just about to release the ball, and everyone in the crowd has this "OH NO" look on their faces, that was great... anyone know where to find it?I think I posted the one apics posted when it was first announced that he was retiring. It's an awesome shot, and pretty much personifies those great Pacers-Knicks battles. Suck it, Spike.

I actually got to talk to my friend's dad (originally from Indiana) after the game ended (I wasn't watching it, we were getting ready to do a DJ gig) about his career and how great he was. Weird, since I hadn't had a conversation about Reggie in real life in forever. My favorite NBA player of all time.

Congrats on an unbelievably great career, Reggie.

chiefs4me
05-20-2005, 09:20 PM
18 years and no ring......:shake: I am sorry for you Reggie. I watched the end of the game last night, and Larry Brown showed he is a class act by using his teams own timeout so the crowd could finish cheering on Reggie. Times like this is when I am over joyed to be a sports fan.

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/1024_reggie_knicks.jpg

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2005, 09:36 PM
Check out Tattoo in the red tank top. "Boss, de pain! De pain!"