PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else find DV interviews annoying?

Logical
05-20-2005, 12:55 AM
I am OK with him as a head coach but I find a ton of his interview answers annoying as hell.

Anyone else?

Count Alex's Losses
05-20-2005, 12:58 AM
Better than the homer tripe that Gunther used to spout.

tk13
05-20-2005, 01:02 AM
Eh, I could care less. I've never understood this board's fascination with how a coach answers questions to be honest. If I wanted an entertaining interview subject we'd hire Robin Williams to coach the team. :)

kcfan88
05-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I am OK with him as a head coach but I find a ton of his interview answers annoying as hell.

Anyone else?

I like DV alot. He whines a little too much for me sometimes though. Kind of embarrassing at times. He also seems to be extra hard on some rookies. I do have faith in his coaching ability.

BTW...I liked Marty too, just wouldn't take enough chances.

wildcat09
05-20-2005, 01:05 AM
DV answers are a little too PC for me. Tell me the real answer. i love the guy though. its obvious that he truly cares for his players.

Logical
05-20-2005, 01:33 AM
Eh, I could care less. I've never understood this board's fascination with how a coach answers questions to be honest. If I wanted an entertaining interview subject we'd hire Robin Williams to coach the team. :)

Now that would be great, he should be the designated HC for interviews.:D

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 06:31 AM

Anyone else?

Bob Dole think that annoying might be a little strong. You know, a little strong.

nmt1
05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
There's a very simple solution if you don't like his interviews. Don't read them.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 07:27 AM
There's a very simple solution if you don't like his interviews. Don't read them.

If the head coach is interviewed, reading them is a requirement, it's a requirement just like breathing. The words of the head coach are meaningful, quite meaningful, especially what he doesn't say.

nmt1
05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
If the head coach is interviewed, reading them is a requirement, it's a requirement just like breathing. The words of the head coach are meaningful, quite meaningful, especially what he doesn't say.

Ah, the "I have no control over myself" defense and in DV speak. Beautiful!

KChiefs1
05-20-2005, 07:39 AM
I notice he has a habit of chewing gum while answering questions...he doesn't annoy me at all...I love to hear him when he gets going...

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 07:42 AM

If you don't count the twitching, Bob Dole has control over himself, has displayed plenty of self-control over himself (as opposed to self-control over his other self) this offseason. It's time to go to work now, and the interviews are a big part of that, play a significant roll in preparation for this season.

(Had to get the misspelling in there for kcchiefs.com authenticity purposes.)

cadmonkey
05-20-2005, 07:42 AM
yes

Otter
05-20-2005, 08:46 AM
DV's interviews are like trying fill an empty stomach with rice cakes.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 09:07 AM
DV's interviews are like trying fill an empty stomach with rice cakes.

Perhaps, but when you think about rice cakes, really concentrate on the composition of the rice cakes and consider their contribution to your total nutrition, your overall dietary consumption, aren't rice cakes really a lot like pie?

whoman69
05-20-2005, 09:21 AM
DVs statements are much like a politicians. He isn't saying much, and he generally isn't trying to tick anyone off. He has only once used the media to light a fire under a player, and that backfired. He whines about alot of things. About the only time he is informative is when he talks about historical tendencies. At times I believe he says things just to make the media look stupid, for example when asked about Fujita moving away from the strong side, he says we don't really use strong side/weak side, that we have left/right side. Well there's something new. You can find all sorts of articles talking about SAM, MIKE AND WILL LBs and now we don't have them all of a sudden because one of our players might be asked to switch sides? Does it make a difference since unless you have a left handed QB, the strong side and the weak side are going to be the same anyway? Its all smoke and mirrors to him. He lies, withholds facts, and rarely gives out useful info. You're not running for Congress, DV. You're a coach in the NFL and when you talk to the media, you are doing it to pass information to your fans.

Otter
05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Perhaps, but when you think about rice cakes, really concentrate on the composition of the rice cakes and consider their contribution to your total nutrition, your overall dietary consumption, aren't rice cakes really a lot like pie?

Bob Dole's in rare form today.

Explain your need to interject your opinion on how "we" should handle our viewpoints regarding this team everytime someone makes a remark that involves emotion.

Do you do realize you're contradicting your whole philosiphy in doing so don't you?

You sometimes remind me of my old, single aunt at the family reunions who can't let a conversation slide by without inserting some kind of crooked compliment.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 09:44 AM
DVs statements are much like a politicians. He isn't saying much, and he generally isn't trying to tick anyone off. He has only once used the media to light a fire under a player, and that backfired. He whines about alot of things.

It was just a bottle of wine, a very nice bottle of wine, and it was an isolated incident. He addressed that incident, as well as it could be addressed while being aired in the media, the media that latches on to every insignificant thing, and the team moved on, moved right on to the issues at hand, the ones that were truly pressing, pressing as in immediate, right now they need to be focused, really focused, on the issues that really matter.

Cormac
05-20-2005, 09:48 AM
DV is extremely loyal - he's not going to publicly berate his players. That is something I respect. I also don't believe for a second that that automatically means he acts similarly behind closed doors. He has high expectations and I think all his players respect that. I also think they play hard for him.....with some opssible exceptions like Greg Wesley last year? IMO DV is a master at getting the most out of his players because they enjoy playing for him.

In his interviews I think his attitude has turned 180 degrees going into this year. He started getting really short with the media last season when it went poorly. This year he is very pessimistic. He won't be heard saying "the defense will be improved" or anything like that. I think training camp is going to be a lot different this year. I think he blames himself for exiting TC last year feeling less than confident/happy with the state of the team. That's not going to happen again.

Skip Towne
05-20-2005, 09:55 AM
It was just a bottle of wine, a very nice bottle of wine, and it was an isolated incident. He addressed that incident, as well as it could be addressed while being aired in the media, the media that latches on to every insignificant thing, and the team moved on, moved right on to the issues at hand, the ones that were truly pressing, pressing as in immediate, right now they need to be focused, really focused, on the issues that really matter.
Could you elaborate on that please?

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Could you elaborate on that please?

Bob Dole feels that the answer addresses the question, adequately answers the question as posed, as originally posed by the individual who asked the question. You may not agree, your opinion may differ, but that doesn't change the fact that an answer was given, a pretty good answer, and that closes the book on the issue as far as Bob Dole is concerned. It's a closed matter and we're moving on, moving forward, moving on to the unanswered questions, and that's what we need to focus on to be a playoff team, to be playing in the postseason tournament.

shaneo69
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Bob Dole feels that the answer addresses the question, adequately answers the question as posed, as originally posed by the individual who asked the question. You may not agree, your opinion may differ, but that doesn't change the fact that an answer was given, a pretty good answer, and that closes the book on the issue as far as Bob Dole is concerned. It's a closed matter and we're moving on, moving forward, moving on to the unanswered questions, and that's what we need to focus on to be a playoff team, to be playing in the postseason tournament.

Guys, the schedule-makers didn't do Lamar (Hunt) any favors this year, no favors. No team has ever been asked to play a green team, then a blue and orange team, then a black and silver team, then a blue and yellow team in the first four games, never happened before. But hey, that's the schedule. We have no control over those things, no control. We just have to keep our focus on having a good start, go 2-2 or 3-1 in the first quarter. You know, no Missouri team has ever gone 1-3 or 0-4 in the first quarter and then made it to the Super Bowl. So we're looking at long odds, long odds.

Mr. Laz
05-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Anybody else find DV interviews annoying?
yes ... he's pretty disingenuous imo

nmt1
05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Explain your need to interject your opinion on how "we" should handle our viewpoints regarding this team everytime someone makes a remark that involves emotion.

Do you do realize you're contradicting your whole philosiphy in doing so don't you?

You sometimes remind me of my old, single aunt at the family reunions who can't let a conversation slide by without inserting some kind of crooked compliment.

I'm not telling anyone how to think. I made a suggestion to avoid something that seems to bother the original author. It's something I do all the time.
I find it odd that some find things so annoying that they spend the time telling others about it yet they continue to read or watch the offensive content. It's kind of like those parents that complain about sex and violence on TV yet have the TV on 12 hours a day in their homes or use the TV as a babysitter.
My comments to Bob about his answer to my original post were commentary on my part about the excuses put forth by those I describe above.