PDA

View Full Version : I want Ivan Carter Back!

Dinny Blues
05-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Every time I read Liz Merrill's fashion report I feel like I have sat through an entire episode of "Will and Grace"

NTTAWWT, just sayin'......

Dinny

DeepSouth
05-20-2005, 07:36 AM
At least, up till now, she hasn't poluted her football articles with basketball and political views.

Manila-Chief
05-20-2005, 08:01 AM
Dinny,

My thoughts exactly!!! I really miss his football knowledge. Earlier today, after reading her "pettycoat" article, I was thinking about starting a similar thread. The least the Star could have done was to hire a real sports reporter. I get more information just by reading D.V.'s Q&A session than by reading her articles. She is a poor excuse for a sports reporter. All she gives us is "pretty frilley" stuff. And, ladies this is not a male versus Female item. I strongly support women having equal opportunities, but this is a sports page.

Yes, DeepSout, I, too, was disgusted with his BB stuff, but you gotta admit that at least he knew football. This gal doesn't. And, she seems to get worse each day. And when she writes I wonder if she knows what she is talking about or did she just repeat what other reporters were saying.

At least Ivan played the game in college, which enabled him to better understand the NFL. She sounds like she doesn't even know Pop-Warner football.

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 08:03 AM
You don't turn down the Washington Post to work here.

Manila-Chief
05-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Big Red, I understand Ivan leaving. But, I don't understand the Star replacing him with a non-sports reporter.

Of all things ... got to where I'm looking for Adam Teicher's articles... tsk, tsk, tsk!!!!!

Count Alex's Losses
05-20-2005, 08:08 AM
I should move to KC and submit my clip file.

Dinny Blues
05-20-2005, 08:31 AM
I would even prefer kcnut.

He may require some "interpolation", but I wouldn't have to wade through what people were wearing, if their clothes were properly pressed or how the room was decorated to get to some football.

It's just creepy somehow.

Dinny

jeffrho68
05-20-2005, 08:39 AM
You don't turn down the Washington Post to work here.Maybe he could be the Post's KC Chiefs beat writer...

Manila-Chief
05-20-2005, 09:06 AM
Maybe he could be the Post's KC Chiefs beat writer...

Now that is a positive suggestion!!!!

kc rush
05-20-2005, 09:09 AM
She is the JoPo of football. Rainbows, lollipops and all things warm & fuzzy.

Its getting to the point where I can't read the Star for sports anymore.

HC_Chief
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
She is the JoPo of football. Rainbows, lollipops and all things warm & fuzzy.

Its getting to the point where I can't read the Star for sports anymore.

lol

My impression of the KCStar Chiefs' beat writers:

Adam Teicher: "The Chiefs wear red. They may sign a player. They may cut a player. Arrowhead is in Kansas City. It is a stadium."

Liz Merrill: "Puppies!" :)

kc rush
05-20-2005, 09:22 AM
lol

My impression of the KCStar Chiefs' beat writers:

Adam Teicher: "The Chiefs wear red. They may sign a player. They may cut a player. Arrowhead is in Kansas City. It is a stadium."

Liz Merrill: "Puppies!" :)

Don't forget Fatlock : "Jeff George should be the next QB. Gates. Dr BA Homer told me that King Carl hates me because I'm black. Gates. More Gates. I'm going to run a marathon. Gates. I'm black and you don't know what its like to be me. Gates."

whoman69
05-20-2005, 09:43 AM
Big Red, I understand Ivan leaving. But, I don't understand the Star replacing him with a non-sports reporter.

Of all things ... got to where I'm looking for Adam Teicher's articles... tsk, tsk, tsk!!!!!
Teicher style for reporting is Captain Obvious. No real investigation there. He simply catalogues the events from the last few weeks and adds 2 + 2. Could be worse, could be the Cedar Rapids Gazette.

Manila-Chief
05-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Don't forget Fatlock : "Jeff George should be the next QB. Gates. Dr BA Homer told me that King Carl hates me because I'm black. Gates. More Gates. I'm going to run a marathon. Gates. I'm black and you don't know what its like to be me. Gates."

I fully agree with you re Jason..... but, he did play college ball and his football stuff does have more "footballness" to it than this woman's stuff. Besides, his job is commentary not reporting ... hers is to report the news of one of the 32 NFL teams ...

KcMizzou
05-20-2005, 10:05 AM
Liz Merrill: "Puppies!" :)ROFL

|Zach|
05-20-2005, 11:08 AM
I think they are pretty good.

jspchief
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
I think a lot of it has do with the amount of info we get from this BB. Anyone that visits this board regularly gets all the latest news, rumors, etc. By the time it's published in the paper, it's old news or doesn't seem very informative. I imagine there are a lot of people that don't use the internet for Chiefs news that get a lot out of these articles.

Basically, I'm not sure Chiefs Planet members are the demographic they are targeting.

shaneo69
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
I think a lot of it has do with the amount of info we get from this BB. Anyone that visits this board regularly gets all the latest news, rumors, etc. By the time it's published in the paper, it's old news or doesn't seem very informative. I imagine there are a lot of people that don't use the internet for Chiefs news that get a lot out of these articles.

Basically, I'm not sure Chiefs Planet members are the demographic they are targeting.

You're right, JSP. People who don't know what the hell is going on probably do think they are pretty good.