View Full Version : Tasteless, Racially Insensitive NASCAR Joke

vailpass
05-20-2005, 10:49 AM
Top Ten Reasons why there are no Black NASCAR
Drivers....

10) HAVE TO SIT UPRIGHT WHILE DRIVING.
9) PISTOL WON'T STAY UNDER FRONT SEAT.
8) ENGINES DROWN OUT THE RAP MUSIC.
7) PIT CREW CAN'T WORK ON CAR WHILE HOLDING UP PANTS AT THE SAME TIME.
6) THEY KEEP TRYING TO CARJACK DALE, JR.
5) POLICE CARS ON TRACK INTERFERE WITH RACE.
4) NO PASSENGER SEAT FOR THE HO.
3) THERE ARE NO SPONSORS FOR CADILLAC.
2) CAN'T WEAR HELMET SIDEWAYS.

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN NASCAR:
1) WHEN THEY CRASH THEIR CAR THEY BAIL OUT AND RUN.

Braincase
05-20-2005, 11:10 AM
Link posted to BET forums along with vailpass' personal information.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Link posted to BET forums along with vailpass' personal information.

What is BET?

cadmonkey
05-20-2005, 11:18 AM
Dave Letterman...Top Ten Reasons why there are no Black NASCAR
> >> > >Drivers....
> >> > >
> >> > >10) HAVE TO SIT UPRIGHT WHILE DRIVING.
> >> > >9) PISTOL WON'T STAY UNDER FRONT SEAT.
> >> > >8) ENGINES DROWN OUT THE RAP MUSIC.
> >> > >7) PIT CREW CAN'T WORK ON CAR WHILE HOLDING UP PANTS AT THE SAME
> > TIME.
> >> > >6) THEY KEEP TRYING TO CARJACK DALE, JR.
> >> > >5) POLICE CARS ON TRACK INTERFERE WITH RACE.
> >> > >4) NO PASSENGER SEAT FOR THE HO.
> >> > >3) THERE ARE NO SPONSORS FOR CADILLAC.
> >> > >2) CAN'T WEAR HELMET SIDEWAYS.
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > >AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY BLACKS CAN'T BE IN NASCAR:
> >> > >1) WHEN THEY CRASH THEIR CAR THEY BAIL OUT AND RUN.
> >> > >

ROFL

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 11:19 AM
What is BET?

I was about to ask the same thing.

Mile High Mania
05-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Black Entertainment Television

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM

I didn't know they wanted to carry NASCAR.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Okay...so Braincase is going to forward the copy of the e-mail joke I received along with my personal data to a televison network??? Why?
Do you think they might want to sign me up to replace Dave Chapelle?

ROYC75
05-20-2005, 11:23 AM
That is some funny but true shit .

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Okay...so Braincase is going to forward the copy of the e-mail joke I received along with my personal data to a televison network??? Why?
Do you thing they might want to sign me up to replace Dave Chapelle?

Yeah, that's it.

Pants
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Do you thing they might want to sign me up to replace Dave Chapelle?

We "thing" that some brothers might get pissed off and beat your little white ass in. WTF does Chappelle have to do with BET anyway?

KCChiefsMan
05-20-2005, 11:25 AM
The #1 reason should have been:

They would probably shoot all of those white trash people

Donger
05-20-2005, 11:27 AM
Where's the: Black people aren't stupid enough to particpate in the human equivalent of hamster racing.

vailpass
We "thing" that some brothers might get pissed off and beat your little white ass in. WTF does Chappelle have to do with BET anyway?

Spelling critiques on an internet BB indicate a disparity of substance in your response.
Who is "we"? I didn't see your name in the credits on BrainCase's post.

Question: How do you know what color I am?

Goapics1
Do you think they might want to sign me up to replace Dave Chapelle?
Vail,

FYI (For Your Information),

Chapelle is on Comedy Central not BET.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Vail,

FYI (For Your Information),

Chapelle is on Comedy Central not BET.

I know dude, thanks. It was all I could think of since I have no idea what BET is.
FWIW my brother owns a business that provides touring coaches for musical acts and media personalities. He had Chapelle on one of his buses for Dave's comedy tour last year. Said he is one of the brightest, funniest personalities he has ever encountered. I can't believe Chapelle is now in some nut hatch in South Africa.

Braincase
05-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Far be it from me to give a Broncos fan a hard time... but I made ya think, didn't I?

And, if you don't know what BET is, I'm going to go off the board for 200 and guess you're not of African heritage.

cadmonkey
05-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Where's the: Black people aren't stupid enough to particpate in the human equivalent of hamster racing.

but they play a sport that has a famous film of two rats playing basketball.........bad agrument Dong.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 11:36 AM
Far be it from me to give a Broncos fan a hard time... but I made ya think, didn't I?

And, if you don't know what BET is, I'm going to go off the board for 200 and guess you're not of African heritage.

You did make me think. I admit I was puzzled about the BET thing.

Is it a prerequisite to being African American that a person must be familiar with BET?
Black people must watch black TV?
Are there no black people who choose to read instead of watch/owwn TV?

Braincase
05-20-2005, 11:40 AM
You did make me think. I admit I was puzzled about the BET thing.

Is it a prerequisite to being African American that a person must be familiar with BET?
Black people must watch black TV?
Are there no black people who choose to read instead of watch/owwn TV?

It would be a stereotype to say there aren't. I also met an Asian who's bad at math, and a French guy who smelled ok. I also once met a Brtonco fan who thought cheating on the salary cap was bad and that Denver should forfeit their SB trophies.

COchief
05-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Jesus all the bitchin about a hilarious post, enjoy it.

I am sick of having to deal with white guilt. Anyone ever watch def comedy jam when it was on HBO? It was a half hour every week of this sort of material, only it was ok because it was black people making fun of whites.
Lighten up, it's funny cause it's true

ct
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
In the immortal words of Frank Barone - HOLY CRAP!!!

Great stuff!!

vailpass
05-20-2005, 11:43 AM
It would be a stereotype to say there aren't. I also met an Asian who's bad at math, and a French guy who smelled ok. I also once met a Brtonco fan who thought cheating on the salary cap was bad and that Denver should forfeit their SB trophies.

ROFL Nice work. You were on the edge of the stereotype cliff but backed away nicely.

I wonder why it's notokay to laugh at each other's funny tendencies? Why does that have to be racist? I am not going to let the PC police tell me what to laugh at; nor am I a racist for doing so.

Now come clean: you're just bullsh*tting about the French guy who smelled good aren't you?

Demonpenz
05-20-2005, 11:49 AM
well the kfc watermelon dodge was really fast today...

MOhillbilly
05-20-2005, 11:55 AM
White Power Brother Vailpass.

EDIT-Whoops wrong BB.

:p

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Call it what you want, just make the $1M checks out to "Simplex3".

Besides, how is NASCAR any dumber than Rap?

siberian khatru
05-20-2005, 12:11 PM
That's not a David Letterman Top Ten list. It was a rant by Denis Leary. Or George Carlin, I can't remember.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM
That's not a David Letterman Top Ten list. It was a rant by Denis Leary. Or George Carlin, I can't remember.

The original author is DL Hughley.

Now you can all laugh guilt-free.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:13 PM

I copy/pasted from an e-mail but you are right, definetely not Letterman.
I fixed it.
Thanks.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM
I also once met a Brtonco fan who thought cheating on the salary cap was bad and that Denver should forfeit their SB trophies.

Liar.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM

First I don't know what BET is and now this....
Who is DL Hughley?
(God I hope he's black)

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'd say he's unfunny enough to have some up with something of this quality.

Donger
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Call it what you want, just make the $1M checks out to "Simplex3".

Besides, how is NASCAR any dumber than Rap?

Peh. Michael Schumacher's going to make more than $1 billion in his career.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Google says DL Hughley is black as night.
Serious question to BrainCase, MetroLike, Donger and anyone else who took the PC stance that this is offensive humor:
Is it ok for us to laugh at this now that you know it's written by a black guy? Would you have offered to turn me in to BET so some"brothers could kick my white ass" had you known a brother wrote it?

Donger
05-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Serious question to BrainCase, MetroLike, Donger and anyone else who took the PC stance that this is offensive humor:
Is it ok for us to laugh at this now that you know it's written by a black guy? Would you have offered to turn me in to BET so some"brothers could kick my white ass"?

Huh? Where did I do that?

Anyway, sure it's funny. And I'll laugh at jokes about white stereotypes.

BTW, what do you call the Mexican workers that help you with your house again?

Goapics1
05-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Is it ok for us to laugh at this now that you know it's written by a black guy? Would you have offered to turn me in to BET so some"brothers could kick my white ass" had you known a brother wrote it?

I thought you were black.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 12:25 PM
I'd caution against taking a Bob Dole post seriously.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I'd caution against taking a Bob Dole post seriously.

Godamnit. Hook, line, and sinker.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I thought you were black.

Why did you think that?
How do you know I'm not?

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Huh? Where did I do that?

Anyway, sure it's funny. And I'll laugh at jokes about white stereotypes.

BTW, what do you call the Mexican workers that help you with your house again?

"Where's the: Black people aren't stupid enough to particpate in the human equivalent of hamster racing."
I took this statement, along with your past PC statments, to mean you were censoring this post as racist instead of humorous. If this was not your intent I apologize and stand corrected.

My yard guys were "The Bean Squad". I don't have them anymore; the english speaking one went back to Mexico. Too bad, I liked those guys.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I found this response from some message board when I Googled "Top 10 Reasons Why There Are No Black NASCAR Drivers"

Posted by; Kareem A. Wheat -- 1/18/05 10:48
Top 10 Reasons Why Fans Love NASCAR

10> LOUD! CARS! ROUND and ROUND! Yay!! Football make brain hurt!
9> If there's a crash, cousin Joe Bob might find a tooth donor.
8> My humble, grassroots, Southern Confederate heritage is only affirmed when watching millionaire celebrities race multi-hundred-thousand-dollar cars at billion dollar track events.
7> Roll bars make the ultimate gun rack.
6> For a brief moment, rednecks can believe the Dukes were real. Culture validated!
5> High octane fuel tastes just like moonshine!
4> Helmet and firesuit offer much more protection than a sheet with eye holes.
3> Let's face it, not many dress codes specify a wifebeater and Skoal cap as formal dress.
2> Where else are 70,000 good ol' boys and their barefoot-pregnant sister-wives going to go?

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY FANS LOVE NASCAR:

1> Chance to check out NASCAR team trailers for home improvement ideas.

Some pretty good ones there, Brotha Kareem ROFL

vailpass
05-20-2005, 12:47 PM
I found this response from some message board when I Googled "Top 10 Reasons Why There Are No Black NASCAR Drivers"

Some pretty good ones there, Brotha Kareem ROFL

About 20 minutes ago BobChief also thought this was funny enough to post. So he did. :)

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 12:53 PM
Is it true that NASCAR got its name from a guy seeing a souped-up stock car and telling its driver, "That theah's a nas car you got theah."

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 12:59 PM
About 20 minutes ago BobChief also thought this was funny enough to post. So he did. :)

Yeah, I saw that after the fact.:banghead:

Hey but I contibuted the name of the author.
:)

Donger
05-20-2005, 01:01 PM
"Where's the: Black people aren't stupid enough to particpate in the human equivalent of hamster racing."
I took this statement, along with your past PC statments, to mean you were censoring this post as racist instead of humorous. If this was not your intent I apologize and stand corrected.

My yard guys were "The Bean Squad". I don't have them anymore; the english speaking one went back to Mexico. Too bad, I liked those guys.

No. I was suggesting that NASCAR is equivalent to human hamster racing.

And it is.

Pretty amusing that you consider me to be PC. You may be alone in the universe on that one.

But, I do recall that you referred/refer to Mexicans as "beaners." Yes, to me, that is an ethnic slur. You stated something along the lines of, "They don't mind." I then asked if you really believed that, go ahead and start saying that to Mexicans on the street that are not employed by you.

Did you do that?

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:05 PM
Beaner's definitely a slur. But, depending on what part of town vailpass is in, he might get away with saying it to the first 10 Mexicans he saw. Say, if he lived next to a Home Depot... he's likely to run into 10 or 20 Mexicans before he finds one that speaks English.

way2kalm
05-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by [B]ROYC75

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. Normally, I enjoy visiting CP and reading everyone’s takes on the day to day operations of the Kansas City Chiefs as well as other bits of news that funnel through this great country we call home.

I hate to give a bad first impression, but after reading through this thread and seeing this post, I could not let this reply slide without me giving my 2 cents.

To me, this reply is very narrow-minded and insensitive, as well as some others. I chose this one, because it has my blood boiling. I would like to know how could anyone say something such as this? It sounds as if he agrees with the racially insensitive comments that started this thread. It sounds as if he believes that ALL Black people are crooks and murders. I bet he believes that ALL Blacks have criminal records, been to jail, sell drugs, etc.

I would have you to know, Sir, that in fact all Blacks are not like that. Not ALL Blacks have criminal records, sell drugs, murder people, or even wear pants half way down the legs. Believe it or not, MOST Black people want what every other American Citizen wants: Good Jobs that are suited for their talents, nice homes in nice neighborhoods, and good schools for their children. And believe it or not, MOST Blacks are very good people.

With your comments, I believe people like YOU are the main ones calling for the end of programs like Affirmative Action. But what you fail to realize is Affirmative Action is in place because of people like YOU. It is people like YOU that deny a qualified minority a good job just because YOU don't feel like dealing with due to some inaccurate stereotype, it is people like YOU who don't let in a over-qualified young minority student into an Ivy League University but let in a barely-make-it-out-of-high-school legacy white student because his ole man is an old frat buddy, it is people like YOU who make it scary for minorities to move their families to predominately White neighborhoods, and it is people like YOU why racial profiling exist.

Your reply, along a few others on this thread, insults me as Black man. That Bad joke does not apply to me or any of my friends (Minority and White). I am a Husband, Father, and an Engineer who does not have a criminal record and I don't have a gold tooth and wear my pants sagging off my a**.

In closing, I'm not one that believes that Whites cause ALL of the problems that Blacks face in this country. We have a lot of troubles we bring upon ourselves, BUT people like ROYC75 don't help Blacks or other Minorities either. With narrow minded thoughts like the one he displayed earlier, it's people like him that impede progress for better race relations which in the long run impedes AMERICAN progress.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
Quote:
-----------------------------------

You do realize that you have shown your own prejudices and stereotyping while in the process of pointing out someone else's.

Have you listened to black comedians lately? They literaly get away with racial slander and slurs ALL THE TIME.

Trust me, there many more NASCAR jokes that poke fun of whitey than the brothas.

And BTW, welcome.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:15 PM
That's odd... you don't seem way too calm.

Donger
05-20-2005, 01:19 PM
With your comments, I believe people like YOU are the main ones calling for the end of programs like Affirmative Action.

Do you consider Affirmative Action to be reverse discrimination?

Welcome, BTW.

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Mr. Mod,

I respectfully submit that this thread be moved to the romper room or to Washington. Too much emotion for the main page.

Sincerly,
Guy who now feels guilty because he thought the list was funny.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Highly achieving minority students denied entry to college? ROFL On what planet?

Affirmative Action ensures that under-achieving NON-ASIAN minorities get into college over qualified white and Asian students. Are we to assume that pisses you off too?

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Mr. Mod,

I respectfully submit that this thread be moved to the romper room or to Washington. Too much emotion for the main page.

Sincerly,
Guy who now feels guilty because he thought the list was funny.

No! No! It's just starting to get interesting.

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 01:33 PM
Highly achieving minority students denied entry to college? ROFL On what planet?

Affirmative Action ensures that under-achieving NON-ASIAN minorities get into college over qualified white and Asian students. Are we to assume that pisses you off too?
SEE. I'm always right. Tell my wife, please.

We need more poop and Star Wars threads on the front page.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
SEE. I'm always right. Tell my wife, please.

I'll tell her when I see her tonight.

(Sorry, that was too easy)

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 01:39 PM
I'll tell her when I see her tonight.

(Sorry, that was too easy)

Skips already done that one today. Are you saying you are on Skip's level of intelligence?

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:39 PM
Skips already done that one today. Are you saying you are on Skip's level of intelligence?
No, I think he's sayin' your lady's gonna be the crossbar on a multi-generational wobbly H.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 01:41 PM
No, I think he's sayin' your lady's gonna be the crossbar on a multi-generational wobbly H.
No way. The c**k has no co-stars.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Cause the wife has your nuts?

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Cause the wife has your nuts?
No, meaning when it comes to penises during sex there should be only one. Boobs may come in any multiple of two.

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 01:45 PM

Your not going to be doing any double teaming anytime soon huh?

I'm sure the female populace will find a way to go on with their lifes.

way2kalm
05-20-2005, 01:47 PM
You do realize that you have shown your own prejudices and stereotyping while in the process of pointing out someone else's.

How do you figure that I have shown my own prejudices while pointing out somenoe elses? I believe that I have not. I just simply called him out on a negative commit and exposed him, along with others, the truth about what I see going on all of the time. Now, I am not perfect, by no means, but believe me, I think before I speak.

And, yes Black Comedians use racially slurs all of the time, especially the N-bomb. I do not condone that word at all. It is a foul negative word and should never be taught to anyone. If most people ever thought about the origins of that word, they would not use it. And as far as calling Whites the "C" word, I don't condone or do that either.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Your not going to be doing any double teaming anytime soon huh?

I'm sure the female populace will find a way to go on with their lifes.
You think? ROFL

Donger
05-20-2005, 01:49 PM
And as far as calling Whites the "C" word, I don't condone or do that either.

Err, what "C" word?

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Err, what "C" word?
I'm assuming he means cracker.

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Cracka!

Cracka head Honkey....peckerwood(never did understand that one)

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 01:52 PM
How do you figure that I have shown my own prejudices while pointing out somenoe elses? I believe that I have not. I just simply called him out on a negative commit and exposed him, along with others, the truth about what I see going on all of the time. Now, I am not perfect, by no means, but believe me, I think before I speak.

And, yes Black Comedians use racially slurs all of the time, especially the N-bomb. I do not condone that word at all. It is a foul negative word and should never be taught to anyone. If most people ever thought about the origins of that word, they would not use it. And as far as calling Whites the "C" word, I don't condone or do that either.
Whats the "C" word? I don't think there is a racially offensive term for whites. Whitey just never caught on. Cracker. Nah :hmmm:

If you have been around here for a while then you know that you have to have thick skin to hang with this crowd. If not then don't hang because I don't see that changing.

Point being a mod(and a stinking Royals fan) just said this about my wife:

I also wouldn't want the mods to be muzzling anyone either. People get at it and each other in the Washington threads.

Plenty of room here for one more.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Cracka!

Hm... if you believe the racial slur database, it grew out of redneck.

http://www.rsdb.org/search?q=peckerwood

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
If I were a neckcar driver, I'd like my post race speeches to be like

"ah did right well ta-day...the Fightin' whitey-Colgate Ford ran real well out there. Additionally, I'd like to extend my gratitude to my Exceptional products provided by Trojan-ribbed for her pleasure Condoms---as they saved me from a terrible bout of Herpagonnasyphylrea from Trixie, the Pepsi-Cola-garage hooker.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B]ROYC75

To me, this reply is very narrow-minded and insensitive, as well as some others. I chose this one, because it has my blood boiling. I would like to know how could anyone say something such as this? It sounds as if he agrees with the racially insensitive comments that started this thread. It sounds as if he believes that ALL Black people are crooks and murders. I bet he believes that ALL Blacks have criminal records, been to jail, sell drugs, etc.

With your comments, I believe people like YOU are the main ones calling for the end of programs like Affirmative Action. But what you fail to realize is Affirmative Action is in place because of people like YOU. It is people like YOU that deny a qualified minority a good job just because YOU don't feel like dealing with due to some inaccurate stereotype, it is people like YOU who don't let in a over-qualified young minority student into an Ivy League University but let in a barely-make-it-out-of-high-school legacy white student because his ole man is an old frat buddy, it is people like YOU who make it scary for minorities to move their families to predominately White neighborhoods, and it is people like YOU why racial profiling exist.

People like you? ROFL

Come on, Man. He never mentioned any of this in his reply. He only said it was funny. Which it was. But had you read the top 10 list I posted, you would have seen that it is a two way street. The list poking fun of whitey for liking NASCAR was much funnier.

BTW, call me cracker. It won't offend me. I am whiter than wonder bread and I have zero soul in my dancin' shoes.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:01 PM
...the Fightin' whitey-Colgate Ford ran real well out there....

J-H-C!
ROFL

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 02:05 PM
People like you? ROFL

way2kalm
05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Do you consider Affirmative Action to be reverse discrimination?

It is infact reverse discrimination, BUT before you get too far ahead of youself, it is needed. Instead of just criticizing it too harshly, why don't you ask yourself, "Why is that law in place?" You do know that AA not only helps minorities, but it also helps ALL women. That law is in place because it is needed. I ask you, do some reseach into history and you will see why we needed it then and why we still need it now.

Racism and Sexism still exist, which is why we still need it.

Donger
05-20-2005, 02:13 PM
It is infact reverse discrimination, BUT before you get too far ahead of youself, it is needed. Instead of just criticizing it too harshly, why don't you ask yourself, "Why is that law in place?" You do know that AA not only helps minorities, but it also helps ALL women. That law is in place because it is needed. I ask you, do some reseach into history and you will see why we needed it then and why we still need it now.

Oh, I agree that it was needed. But, like many social engineering programs, it has become somewhat of a monster.

Sure they are. As you acknowledge, you seems to support a policy that is, by defintion, racist.

vailpass
05-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Sure they are. As you acknowledge, you seems to support a policy that is, by defintion, racist.

White people cannot suffer from racism, nor is there any such thing as discrimination against white people.
You see, white people are the majority and were never enslaved.
Haven't you read the handbook?

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:19 PM

And as long as programs like AA are around these two will alway's exist.

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Top Ten Reasons that Rai ders fans like Nascar.

10. Oil slicks remind them of Al Davis.
9. Yellow flags mean something other than a 15-yard penalty against the Rai ders.
8. Cars move quickly and in circles, just like the Oakland franchise.
7. High-tech engines tend to block signals from home detention ankle bracelets
6. Expensive hubcaps that can be removed in 20 seconds.
5. Cars have governors, and governors have the power to stop prison executions.
4. They like any sport that involves men in pits.
3. Noise masks screams for help from people being stabbed.
2. Gasoline fumes

And the #1 reason why Rai der fans like Nascar...

1. A fourth-place finish is still pretty good in Nascar.

way2kalm
05-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Come on, Man. He never mentioned any of this in his reply. He only said it was funny. Which it was. But had you read the top 10 list I posted, you would have seen that it is a two way street. The list poking fun of whitey for liking NASCAR was much funnier.

Obviously you missed the tail end of the reply. Here it is again:

That is some funny but true shit

The joke didn't piss me off. Actually the joke is worth a chuckle or two. It was the fact the He/She said "...but true shit.. That is what set me off. If that was left out, you would have not heard anything from me. Like I said, I think before I speak.

BTW, I won't call you a "C-bomb" because that shit ain't cool. Though I don't know who you are, you seem like a cool individual. You don't need soul to roll with me. As long as you are cool (good person), you are alright with me.

Don't worry, I'm not militant!!! I just like talking about sports...but I don't take shit either.

way2kalm
05-20-2005, 02:23 PM
And as long as programs like AA are around these two will alway's exist.

Well, it looks as if we ALL have some work to do to get rid of it, so we won't NEED it. Right?

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 02:24 PM

Certainly propping up one race or sex over another with crappy quota laws doesn't present itself as ammo for people who are going to be racist/sexist anyway.

Read these with an open mind and see if you still have the same opinion about it's necessity.

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles/03/aa.html

http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles/03/affirmativeaction.html

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Obviously you missed the tail end of the reply. Here it is again:

That is some funny but true shit

The joke didn't piss me off. Actually the joke is worth a chuckle or two. It was the fact the He/She said "...but true shit.. That is what set me off. If that was left out, you would have not heard anything from me. Like I said, I think before I speak.

BTW, I won't call you a "C-bomb" because that shit ain't cool. Though I don't know who you are, you seem like a cool individual. You don't need soul to roll with me. As long as you are cool (good person), you are alright with me.

Don't worry, I'm not militant!!! I just like talking about sports...but I don't take shit either.

OK the 'but true' shit was a tad over the line.

Hey the DC forum could use a militant. :p

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Top Ten Reasons that Rai ders fans like Nascar.

10. Oil slicks remind them of Al Davis.
9. Yellow flags mean something other than a 15-yard penalty against the Rai ders.
8. Cars move quickly and in circles, just like the Oakland franchise.
7. High-tech engines tend to block signals from home detention ankle bracelets
6. Expensive hubcaps that can be removed in 20 seconds.
5. Cars have governors, and governors have the power to stop prison executions.
4. They like any sport that involves men in pits.
3. Noise masks screams for help from people being stabbed.
2. Gasoline fumes

And the #1 reason why Rai der fans like Nascar...

1. A fourth-place finish is still pretty good in Nascar.

What do you call a goat tied up to a light pole in Oakland?:hmmm:

a recreation center

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Only on the Planet can a poop joke, turn into a disertation on proper testing techniques for Prostate cancer.

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 02:30 PM

I do agree with you that racism still exists. It's not (often) overt a la "whites only" water fountains, but it definitely still exists.

That said, I've done numerous evaluations of governmental affirmative action programs in my job, and my concern about them is that they're helping the wrong group of people. The people who benefit the most from them are inevitably the women or minority people who already have the tools to succeed, rather than the ones who need help even getting into the game. The first group is better positioned to take advantage of it.

In other words, what I've seen is that it doesn't help at all the people who are trying to reach the first rung of the ladder of success, and it's most often used by folks who are moving from "successful" to "rich." That's inevitable in any type of preferential treatment program, not just affirmative action.

So how do you address racism and its impacts? Heck if I know, but I'd sure start by making sure that elementary and secondary schools all receive equal funding, and by doing everything possible to make sure that children receive the infrastructure and support that they need for learning. That's not a quick solution, but I think it's better in the long run than affirmative action, which often and unfairly stigmatizes success by minorities and women.

jspchief
05-20-2005, 02:30 PM
I don't think there is a racially offensive term for whites.

That's because (most) white people don't let it bother them. Every time someone says n*gger in a derogatory way, and a black person is hurt/offended by it, that black person is helping empower the word. The more you let a word offend you, the more power you give to the person using that word.

It's like someone calling me a "poopy head". Obviously, I would just laugh at something like that, so they try things like f*g or pussy.

I realize there is a lot of history associated with the word, but you don't have to carry that history like baggage.

Jenson71
05-20-2005, 02:31 PM
NIGGA

Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished.

Peace out.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:33 PM
Well, it looks as if we ALL have some work to do to get rid of it, so we won't NEED it. Right?

I believe like any social program, the initial intentions are usually good but somehow it seems to snowball into something less desirable than its stated purpose.

Take the Farm Bill for example. Originally designed to help the small family farmer keep his farm away from the greedy bankers, the Farm Bill has proven to be nothing more than welfare for farmers.

Consequently the Farm Bill has hurt the small farmer, forcing them to sell to bigger outfits, or forcing them to lease their land.

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 02:34 PM
NIGGA

Never Ignorant Getting Goals Accomplished.

Peace out.
Your parents let you have a Tupac CD?

Jenson71
05-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Your parents let you have a Tupac CD?

Is that where that's from? I just saw it on a desk at school.

Rain Man
05-20-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't think there is a racially offensive term for whites.

Sure there is. It's "Irish."

(Ducking and running for cover.)

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Is that where that's from? I just saw it on a desk at school.
Thank God, our favorite child poster has arrived to impart his wisdom, gained from years of masturbating in his bed at his parent's house.

Iowanian
05-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Racism is still Rampant in this country. Have you ever seen the way Asians are treated?

I've seen Korean Business districts burned to the ground because they weren't of a specific ethnic group.

Unacceptable.

BigRedChief
05-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I believe like any social program, the initial intentions are usually good but somehow it seems to snowball into something less desirable than its stated purpose.

Take the Farm Bill for example. Originally designed to help the small family farmer keep his farm away from the greedy bankers, the Farm Bill has proven to be nothing more than welfare for farmers.

Consequently the Farm Bill has hurt the small farmer, forcing them to sell to bigger outfits, or forcing them to lease their land.

Welfare for Crackers?:p

ENDelt260
05-20-2005, 02:42 PM

Haha. Awesome.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Racism is still Rampant in this country. Have you ever seen the way Asians are treated?

I've seen Korean Business districts burned to the ground because they weren't of a specific ethnic group.

Unacceptable.
Nobody gives a s**t. It's NON-ASIAN MINORITIES we care about. Asians succeed on their own.

Jenson71
05-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Thank God, our favorite child poster has arrived to impart his wisdom, gained from years of masturbating in his bed at his parent's house.

Hey, don't make fun of my hobbies. :harumph:

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Nobody gives a s**t. It's NON-ASIAN MINORITIES we care about. Asians succeed on their own.

If my memory serves me correctly it was Non-Asian Minorities that did the burning. Yes?

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Welfare for Crackers?:p

I prefer Crackah.

Simplex3
05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
If my memory serves me correctly it was Non-Asian Minorities that did the burning. Yes?
Hell if I know.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 02:54 PM
Hell if I know.

Sure you do. Think back to LA riots.

At least that what I thought Iwonian was talking about.

Dinny Blues
05-20-2005, 02:59 PM

(Ducking and running for cover.)

I thought it was "French"

Dinny

jspchief
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
This thread is making me hungry for Chinese food.

MOhillbilly
05-20-2005, 03:21 PM
Cracka!

i like Wonderbread

Gravedigger
05-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Alls you had to say was nascar and we all would have understood. The whole racially insensitive tasteless thing just is a gimme.

dtebbe
05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
You have offended my Star Wars alter-ego:

http://tko.cc/pix/profile.jpg

DT

dtebbe
05-20-2005, 03:34 PM

Unacceptable.

Man he crazy! Come in, buy coke, then he buss up my stoe. Crazy!

One of my favorite scenes from Falling Down!

Price Cuts!

DT