PDA

View Full Version : Madden questions

mcan
05-20-2005, 12:14 PM
OK guys I know you all play online and stuff. Some of you might even be pretty good. So I'm asking:

1. How do you stop the flag routes? (like a post but to the sideline).
I double the guy and it doesn't matter, the corner doesn't follow him, and the safety is clueless. If I manually control the safety, then people just throw to the other side (who is doing the same thing). It's frustrating because people can score and/or convert every third down at will, and I stop everything else that they do....

2. How do you run more effectively against Dime and Quarter defenses. In real life, if you line six or seven defensive backs against a goal line defense, you will get your ass pounded up the middle for seven yards ever time. But in Madden, defensive backs come flying through all the gaps and tackle you in the backfield... It's retarded.

AeroSquid
05-20-2005, 12:18 PM
When you switch to Counter Strike: Source I will answer all your questions. :p

TRR
05-20-2005, 12:19 PM
1. Play zone coverage so that your 2 starting CB's are playing soft zone. You will then have a CB before the WR and a safety behind him requiring the QB to make a perfect throw...(Surtain thrives in this coverage on Madden).

2. I form big or goal line. Pound it right up the middle. Have two Goal line plays on your audible list. One to go straight up the middle...and the other the goal line sweep.

***When your playing a soft zone (against another human), other WR's will get open, so switch up your coverage from zone to man on occasion. If the CPU/Man is still getting the better of you on the flag route, you may have to play your CB's off the line of scrimmage.

CanadianChief
05-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I still don't understand why Knight is rated at 81 and Woods and Wesley are around 90. Did Knight have a bad year in Miami?

royr17
05-20-2005, 01:01 PM
I still don't understand why Knight is rated at 81 and Woods and Wesley are around 90. Did Knight have a bad year in Miami?

Where did you get these ratings at ?

CoMoChief
05-20-2005, 01:02 PM
I'll play a 3-4 defense and then when the offense sets up in mult. TE forms I use Trio Sky (I think it's called) and shadow the RB with one of my ILB (depending on which on is better, or if their O-line shifts to whichever direction).

When the offense is choosing plays with only one RB in the backfield and mult. WR's I will play a 3-4 zone coverage and then depending whichever there's the extra LB or DB not covering a guy, I'll blitz.

On All-Madden level I'm always 1st in every defensive category, as well as offense (except 1st downs - I score alot on big plays).

Also if youre in a goaline stance and the offense is in a single back set of some sort for some reason, use goaline blitz C, then shift line to "your" right and move DE out a little bit then blitz, almost everytime is a sack or stop in backfield.

TRR
05-20-2005, 01:02 PM

No, Woods had a Pro Bowl season the year before. I believe Knight and Woods are closely rated on the updated rosters available online.

TRR
05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll play a 3-4 defense and then when the offense sets up in mult. TE forms I use Trio Sky (I think it's called) and shadow the RB with one of my ILB (depending on which on is better, or if their O-line shifts to whichever direction).

When the offense is choosing plays with only one RB in the backfield and mult. WR's I will play a 3-4 zone coverage and then depending whichever there's the extra LB or DB not covering a guy, I'll blitz.

On All-Madden level I'm always 1st in every defensive category, as well as offense (except 1st downs - I score alot on big plays).

Also if youre in a goaline stance and the offense is in a single back set of some sort for some reason, use goaline blitz C, then shift line to "your" right and move DE out a little bit then blitz, almost everytime is a sack or stop in backfield.

I like to keep my Madden games lifelike. So I never play 3-4, because the Chiefs never play 3-4.