PDA

View Full Version : Linda Blair taking on the city of Denver on Pit Bull genocide

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 02:10 PM
On celebrity justice in just a few minutes on the West coast and 3:30PM on 36/6-/KSCC out there.

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0505/19c.html

Actress Fights to Save Pit Bulls
May 19, 2005
In response to a series of fatal dog attacks, the City of Denver, Colorado, is now going after the animals, specifically Pit Bulls, but actress Linda Blair says Denver has got it all wrong.

When dogs attack, Blair says they unfairly bear the brunt of the blame. "It is not the breed, it is the deed, the deed of the owner," she told us. "Irresponsible ownership is the worst problem that we have in America for any dog or pet owner, and they're the ones we need to go after."

She added, "Because of fear in society, people sometimes create bad laws."

Linda introduced us to Max, a 1-year-old Pit Bull rescued by her World Heart Foundation. He's a member of a breed Linda says has been misunderstood for years. "I know the dog as cuddling, loving, humorous, the greatest companion," she told. "They are, some say, the closest to a human's emotions."

Denver officials would disagree. On May 9th, animal control officers began to enforce a citywide ban on Pit Bull ownership in Denver. According to Linda, "They're going door to door, and they are saying, ‘We are here to confiscate and euthanize your dog."

The ban allows officers to put a Pit Bull to sleep if its owner has previously committed Pit Bull violations. Otherwise, officers will give the owner a chance to relocate the dog. But in any case, man and best friend must part ways.

The ban is being enforced after a bitter battle between the City of Denver and the State of Colorado. Last year, the state determined that breed-specific bans were unconstitutional. Denver sued the state and won the right to enforce its Pit Bull ban.

"These are their companions," Linda insisted to us. "They feel that every Pit Bull is going to hurt you, and it's not. They were never, ever bred to be human aggressive."

Howie Rodriguez of California K9 is one of the nation's most respected animal trainers. He believes the answer is education. "Dogs don't bite for no reason," he insisted. "They bite for a reason. They are provoked."

And Rodriguez is not alone in his opinion. Tia Torres Cardello runs California's Villalobos Pit Bull rescue, the largest of its kind in the country. "We've been working with these dogs for 15 years," she said. "Myself, including my children and my employees, have never been bitten by a Pit Bull."

"Simply put, what's going on in Denver is a form of prejudice," Rodriguez said. "It's a form of genocide. It's unconstitutional. It needs to stop."

And Denver Pit Bull owners like Ben Wilson, agree. "We don't want Buddy to get euthanized," Wilson insisted to us. "Our city is not going to be any safer because of the breed ban. We need to target the owners of these dogs that make them mean."

"Go after the criminals," Linda begged. "Please leave the good Samaritans alone who have registered their dog."

Visit these websites to learn more about the Pit Bull ban and how you can help save dogs:

• American Canine Foundation and Education: http://acf2004.tripod.com/index.html

• Linda Blair's Animal Outreach: www.lindablairworldheart.com

• California K9 Academy: www.californiak9.com

• Villalobos Rescue Center: www.vrcpitbull.com

eazyb81
05-20-2005, 02:22 PM
awesome......good job Linda!

:bravo:

NewChief
05-20-2005, 02:26 PM
These stinking Hollywood libbies. Always sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong.

shakesthecat
05-20-2005, 02:27 PM
Wow!

BD climbing into bed with a Hollywood liberal. :p

What's the world coming to.

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 02:31 PM
Wow!

BD climbing into bed with a Hollywood liberal. :p

What's the world coming to.

ROFL I wasn't aware that she was a liberal but I now know she spends a lot of her time saving the breed.

shakesthecat
05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
ROFL I wasn't aware that she was a liberal but I now know she spends a lot of her time saving the breed.

I honestly have no idea if she is or isn't. I just assume they all are.

Either way, I'm sure you're happy to have a celeb stepping up to the plate for this cause.

I'm not a big fan of dogs in general, but I agree with you in that the Pit law in Denver is completely idiotic.

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 03:03 PM
I honestly have no idea if she is or isn't. I just assume they all are.

Either way, I'm sure you're happy to have a celeb stepping up to the plate for this cause.

I'm not a big fan of dogs in general, but I agree with you in that the Pit law in Denver is completely idiotic.

Show was pretty good. I agree with what she said mostly except for the fact that she wants you to register your dog. Why would you promote that after this? My favorite part came from a lady that runs the biggest pit bull rescue in the US down in southern california. "I've been doing this 15 years and had all these dogs around my children and family and none of us has ever been bitten by a pit bull" I think that pretty much says it all. I still remember posting pictures of pit bulls with their kids on our own Chiefs Planet and having people call that needless endangerment saying that those kids should be pulled out of that home.

Duck Dog
05-20-2005, 03:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/duckdog/IdHitIt.jpg

BIG_DADDY
05-20-2005, 03:29 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/duckdog/IdHitIt.jpg

yep

Uncle Fester
05-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah, Linda Blair is gonna save'em! ROFLROFL

Can't shoot the owners of killer dogs, kill the dogs of idiot owners! :):)

MOhillbilly
05-20-2005, 04:38 PM
"It is not the breed, it is the deed, the deed of the owner," she told us. "Irresponsible ownership is the worst problem that we have in America for any dog or pet owner, and they're the ones we need to go after."

Holy shit did i just read that?

Clint in Wichita
05-20-2005, 04:55 PM
I guess when a celebrity (using the term loosely in this case) actually agrees with largely right-wing opinion, they're OK.

If some cross-eyed Dixie Chick spouts off about the President, look out!

eazyb81
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
I guess when a celebrity (using the term loosely in this case) actually agrees with largely right-wing opinion, they're OK.

I don't think saving pit bulls from mass euthanasia is really right-wing, but whatever.

stevieray
05-20-2005, 05:40 PM

ya, only one "side" does this... :rolleyes:

tommykat
05-20-2005, 09:15 PM
I use to have a pet sitting business........pit bulls was one dog I would not take care of! The problem is enter? breeding and the fools that rasie them!

It's not the dogs fault really.......just what people have done to them.

BIG_DADDY
05-21-2005, 12:42 AM
The problem is enter? breeding and the fools that rasie them!

Trying to figure out what exactly your saying there?

C-Mac
05-21-2005, 05:56 AM
I use to have a pet sitting business........pit bulls was one dog I would not take care of! The problem is enter? breeding and the fools that rasie them!

Inbreeding or Inner breeding :thumb:

trndobrd
05-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Howie Rodriguez of California K9 is one of the nation's most respected animal trainers. He believes the answer is education. "Dogs don't bite for no reason," he insisted. "They bite for a reason. They are provoked."

....and they crave the taste of human flesh.

RedNeckRaider
05-21-2005, 09:21 AM
I think she is nails on, it is the owner not the dog. I have a few friends who own pits, they are cool and so are their dogs. I have known some assholes who own pits and guess what their dogs are assholes also. Go figure.

C-Mac
05-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I think she is nails on, it is the owner not the dog. I have a few friends who own pits, they are cool and so are their dogs. I have known some assholes who own pits and guess what their dogs are assholes also. Go figure.

Bingo!
Works with children very much the same way.

2bikemike
05-21-2005, 10:31 AM

Guns don't kill people idiots with guns kill people.

C-Mac
05-21-2005, 10:42 AM
Guns don't kill people idiots with guns kill people.

Actually its bullets that kill people. :p

2bikemike
05-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Actually its bullets that kill people. :p

Ok Bullets don't kill people idiots with bullets kill people! :p

RedNeckRaider
05-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Ok Bullets don't kill people idiots with bullets kill people! :p
Hey 2bm long time no type how ya been?