PDA

View Full Version : So... what do you think of Evanescence??

ZepSinger
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
I heard these guys(and girl) for the first time driving my stepdaughter's car the other day(she has the CD)... KILLER! This is the first new band in YEARS that I'm actually excited about(the last band I had a real buzz on was NIN back in the 90's). Opinions?

|Zach|
05-20-2005, 03:32 PM
I haven't listened to them in a good long while but I emjoyed the album a lot. I should prob find a few of those songs again on the ol' ITunes library.

MOhillbilly
05-20-2005, 03:35 PM
lame and overrated

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 03:40 PM
I heard these guys(and girl) for the first time driving my stepdaughter's car the other day(she has the CD)... KILLER! This is the first new band in YEARS that I'm actually excited about(the last band I had a real buzz on was NIN back in the 90's). Opinions?

New?

Bob Dole caught them at Juanita's in Little Rock before they were signed. Amy Lee has an amazing voice.

big nasty kcnut
05-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Amy lee got a stunning voice. Plus seem to be a nice girl.

ZepSinger
05-20-2005, 03:45 PM
New?

Well, new to me. I'm not exactly on top of the latest music scene anymore. Mortgages, kids and minivans tend to overshadow those types of things..
:)

Scorp
05-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Zepsinger u should check out the band Seether. I have had that cd in my stereo for about 6 months straight now.

DeepSouth
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Didn't they do a song and video for the movie DareDevil ?

Taco John
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Evanescence puts on a really energetic stage show. My wife and a friend caught their act for free at Bumbershoots in Seattle two Summers ago, and were pleasantly suprised at how awesome a time we had. It was really fun when they closed the show with an encore of some cover tunes coming from her very capable and distinct voice. She was doing some Nirvana, some Weeser, and some Metallica! It was a ball!

All around, I thought it was a five star performance, and will catch them if they ever come to the area again.

big nasty kcnut
05-20-2005, 03:53 PM
deep yes it was my immortal.

|Zach|
05-20-2005, 03:54 PM
Evanescence puts on a really energetic stage show. My wife and a friend caught their act for free at Bumbershoots in Seattle two Summers ago, and were pleasantly suprised at how awesome a time we had. It was really fun when they closed the show with an encore of some cover tunes coming from her very capable and distinct voice. She was doing some Nirvana, some Weeser, and some Metallica! It was a ball!

All around, I thought it was a five star performance, and will catch them if they ever come to the area again.
That would be a good time.

Rausch
05-20-2005, 03:55 PM
I like 'em.

Someone just recomended cradle of filth's "nymphetamine" as well. Pretty good, kind of a Stevie Nicks + Marilyn Manson kind of sound.

KC Kings
05-20-2005, 04:02 PM
The one song they sing where she is quiet, and then they start playing fast and the guy starts screaming in the back ground.... anyway I was in a Chick Filet in North Carolina, and all they play is Christian music in stores a restaraunts down there, and on the Christian radio station they played an accoustic version of that song. I really can't understand the words enough to know what she is saying, but maybe they are on one of the POD/Creed type Christian bands?

SCTrojan
05-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Really like Amy Lee's voice. Loved their album when it first came out. Some of the songs get a lot of play, so I'm a bit tired of 'em. But I like their music.

On a side note, Emil Brown has one of their songs playing when he comes up to the plate. That has got to go.

Braincase
05-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I like them and other bands in the genre, but it will be interesting to see where the songs go in Ben Moody's absence.

ChiefFripp
05-20-2005, 06:10 PM
I think they suck. They are Linkin Park with a female singer. I'm pretty sure they were fabricated by a record company, it just seems like an obvious ploy...add a female vocalist to a trendy style of music and dupe people into thinking it's an original idea.

Oh and the main reason I don't like them...their music sucks (imo).

big nasty kcnut
05-20-2005, 06:15 PM
KC Kings they are not a christain rock group.

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Zepsinger u should check out the band Seether. I have had that cd in my stereo for about 6 months straight now.

Was already tired of them before they signed with a label and changed their name from "Saron Gas."

Bob Dole thought he was old and slow...

Bob Dole
05-20-2005, 06:38 PM
I think they suck. They are Linkin Park with a female singer. I'm pretty sure they were fabricated by a record company...

Bob Dole can guarantee you that is not the case.

foxman
05-20-2005, 06:41 PM
They need to put out a second disk, but I hear the Guitar player and the singer broke up and she has lost her passion. Not saying it's truth, just what I heard.

EDIT* Oh and don't tell me they have a second disk, because that second one is the first one live, so it really doesnt count.

|Zach|
05-20-2005, 11:46 PM
I think they suck. They are Linkin Park with a female singer. I'm pretty sure they were fabricated by a record company, it just seems like an obvious ploy...add a female vocalist to a trendy style of music and dupe people into thinking it's an original idea.

Damn record companies in a big plot to create a sound that was not around and was fairly unique.

Or something.

chappy
05-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Broken by seether feat. amy lee is great also

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Damn record companies in a big plot to create a sound that was not around and was fairly unique.

Or something.ROFL

Awesome response, and I don't even listen to Evanescence.

Gaz
05-21-2005, 06:29 AM
I bought “Fallen” because of “Bring Me To Life.” There are several good tunes [I particularly like “Going Under” and “My Immortal”] and Lee’s voice is a perfect fit for the genre.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not consider it a masterpiece, but likes it.

ZepSinger
05-21-2005, 08:36 AM
I bought “Fallen” because of “Bring Me To Life.” There are several good tunes [I particularly like “Going Under” and “My Immortal”] and Lee’s voice is a perfect fit for the genre.

xoxo~
Gaz
Does not consider it a masterpiece, but likes it.

Check this out- we're actually covering 'Bring Me To Life' tomorrow at my church band gig! In keeping with the latest series, 'pop culture's search for truth'...

luv
05-21-2005, 12:00 PM
The one song they sing where she is quiet, and then they start playing fast and the guy starts screaming in the back ground.... anyway I was in a Chick Filet in North Carolina, and all they play is Christian music in stores a restaraunts down there, and on the Christian radio station they played an accoustic version of that song. I really can't understand the words enough to know what she is saying, but maybe they are on one of the POD/Creed type Christian bands?

Well, POD is a Christian band where Creed is not (if someone says they're not, then I won't argue). Amy is a proclaimed Christian, but the band is not a Christian band. Christian radio stations have gotten to where they will play almost anything by anyone, proclaimed Christian or not, as long as they don't cuss in it.

Did I say Christian enough...lol.

Braincase
05-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Well, POD is a Christian band where Creed is not (if someone says they're not, then I won't argue). Amy is a proclaimed Christian, but the band is not a Christian band. Christian radio stations have gotten to where they will play almost anything by anyone, proclaimed Christian or not, as long as they don't cuss in it.

Did I say Christian enough...lol.

I got the impression that Ben was a wee bit more devoted, while Amy was starting to get effected by the stardom, and that was part of the reason for the breakup. But then again, Ben went off to write songs for Avril Lavigne, and if she's not effected, I don't know who is.

Valiant
05-21-2005, 01:04 PM

I think they are a great band, got backstage tickets to her a few years ago... My only complaint about the band... Is they have a tendency to have their songs sound the exact same on two or three per album... Thats about it...

There is a new country singer "cowboy troy" He is a big black cowboy(he is from big and rich), is his mantra... He is kind of kid rockish, just more on the country side.. He did this with about four or five of his songs on the album...Has three really great songs though...

One of my favorite underated bands still is hed p.e.

Whosurdaddy
05-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Imo chevelle is as good as it gets...

morphius
05-21-2005, 02:21 PM

The Male voice in the background you hear is part of a decent band, 12 Stones, that I believe is considered Christian, but really their songs don't come off as "Christian" tunes.

luv
05-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Hello, whosurdaddy...

Welcome to the Planet.

morphius
05-21-2005, 02:24 PM
As far as Evenescence, Amy Lee has a great voice, and I'm a sucker for a female with a great voice, especially when the music rocks. It's one of the few albulms my wife and I can agree to listen to in the car.

I would like to hear some of the heavier stuff that Bob Dole keeps talking about though.

Gravedigger
05-21-2005, 02:33 PM
Well one thing that people who don't like the band and refuse to go to their concerts do not know is that they are really hard in their concerts. But still they lost their guitarist that wrote most of their songs on their first album so it will be interesting to listen to their second.

Whosurdaddy
05-21-2005, 03:28 PM
thanx for the welcoming, i wasn't really impressed with evanessance when they were in LR...nice voice, but doesn't have that certain something that makes a group awesome...

Frankie
05-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Any link to a sample?

Prince22
05-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Amy lee got a stunning voice. Plus seem to be a nice girl.

Are you sure you are a writer for KStatefan.com. :hmmm:

KCWolfman
05-21-2005, 06:56 PM

Linkin' Park? They had one tune with 12 Stones singing backup (12 Stones are similar to Linkin').

I think you have only heard one tune.

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Are you sure you are a writer for KStatefan.com. :hmmm:So, which regular's sockpuppet are you? ROFL

ChiefsOne
05-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Amy Lee's song with that guy from Seether is pretty damn good!