PDA

View Full Version : YODA YOU SISSY!

Tuckdaddy
05-20-2005, 04:39 PM
Get back in the fight and kill that MUTHA FOCKER!

It was good and alot more darker and evil feeling than the others.

beer bacon
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Get back in the fight and kill that MUTHA FOCKER!

It was good and alot more darker and evil feeling than the others.

Evil Anakin is much better then emo Anakin.

Count Zarth
05-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Yoda knew he had blown his only chance. Palpatine was off to collect Vader shortly anyway, and there's no way Yoda could have beaten them both together.

"Luke. Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor, or suffer your fathers fate, you will." - Yoda, Return of the Jedi.

He wasn't kidding, was he?

Tuckdaddy
05-20-2005, 04:50 PM
The best part was Yoda stoping Palpatine at the door. "If so powerful you are? Then why leave?"

Gett'em you little tenacious monkey!

Count Zarth
05-20-2005, 04:52 PM
The best part was Yoda stoping Palpatine at the door. "If so powerful you are? Then why leave?"

Gett'em you little tenacious monkey!

Word.

DARTH SlDIOUS: I have waited a long time for this moment, my little green friend. At last, the Jedi are no more.

YODA: Not if anything I have to say about it.

Donger
05-20-2005, 04:53 PM
YODA: Not if anything I have to say about it.

Sh*t. I always knew Yoda would turn to the dark side of dyslexia eventually.

Donger
05-20-2005, 04:54 PM
BTW, I take it you are listing that riveting exchange as one of the best in the film? If so, what tripe.

Not that I'm surprised, but, damn.

beer bacon
05-20-2005, 04:56 PM
BTW, I take it you are listing that riveting exchange as one of the best in the film? If so, what tripe.

Not that I'm surprised, but, damn.

I thought it was good. Now for added fun, lets argue and insult each other over a movie!

Count Zarth
05-20-2005, 05:00 PM
OWNED:

siberian khatru
05-20-2005, 06:06 PM
OWNED:

That was a great little moment. Got the biggest audience reaction.

Tuckdaddy
05-20-2005, 06:25 PM
OWNED:
Did you get that from? Fabulous!

Sure-Oz
05-21-2005, 12:24 AM
awesome movie, loved it. Sure some parts are like wtf but toward the middle and to the end was intense esp the anakin vs obi wan fight and seeing the jedis getting taken out.

Logical
05-21-2005, 12:33 AM
I thought it was good. Now for added fun, lets argue and insult each other over a movie!Yo momma takes Darth up de butt, yo heah!

Spicy McHaggis
05-21-2005, 12:36 AM
just got back from it. I really liked the way Lucas ended with the Tatooine shot of Lars looking at the twin suns ala Luke in the beginning of A New Hope. Good choice.

-one thing that bothered me though. I was under the impression that the wookies on Kashyyk inhabited only the top of the trees in villages and the underneath was the Shadow Land. Am I wrong gochiefs?

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Palpatine-"he'll be more powerful than both of us"

question- If Anakin was the chosen one why didn't he kick Palpatine's ass in general . Instead of waiting for 30 years in Return Of The Jedi

J Diddy
05-21-2005, 04:50 AM
Yo momma takes Darth up de butt, yo heah!

ROFL

siberian khatru
05-21-2005, 06:54 AM

question- If Anakin was the chosen one why didn't he kick Palpatine's ass in general . Instead of waiting for 30 years in Return Of The Jedi

He even mentioned that to Padme at the end, something like: "I'll kill the emperor and you and I will rule the galaxy together!" I'm thinking, what's stopping you, Anakin?

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 07:18 AM
Because that would have put Lucas in the poor house. :D

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 07:26 AM

Anakin probably would have grown to become the most powerful ever, but his injuries prevented that. Vader can't even produce force lightning (because he has no hands).

Luke + Vader could still have probably overthrown Palpatine, which is why Vader was trying to tempt Luke in ESB.

And hey, eventually Vader DID overpower the Emperor, but it meant his death as well. :(

Terribilis
05-21-2005, 07:27 AM
someone told me that once anakin had lost his limbs, his metoclorian sp? count was too low, making him too weak to be able to beat the emperor.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 07:28 AM
I was under the impression that the wookies on Kashyyk inhabited only the top of the trees in villages and the underneath was the Shadow Land. Am I wrong gochiefs?

The expanded universe (comics, books, etc) are often shat all over by the movies.

1adam1238
05-21-2005, 09:49 AM
One thing I noticed with this flick is that Padme dies right at the birth. In Return of the Jedi, Luke asks Lea if she knew her mother...she says she died when she was young.....well real young.

Sure-Oz
05-21-2005, 10:59 AM
i will likely go see it again next week when a few friends come into town. what was your take gochiefs, since your the resident sw's expert.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 11:00 AM
i will likely go see it again next week when a few friends come into town. what was your take gochiefs, since your the resident sw's expert.

I dunno dude, I've made at least 25 posts on it since seeing it. Use the search function.

Amnorix
05-21-2005, 02:09 PM
And hey, eventually Vader DID overpower the Emperor, but it meant his death as well. :(

Can't agree with this. He snuck up behind the emperor and pretty quickly threw him over the rail for a long fall to his death. That's not what I call "overpowering". It wasn't like a mano-a-mano contest, and one NEVER had the feeling in the original Star Wars trilogy that Vader could have beaten his master.

Amnorix
05-21-2005, 02:11 PM
One thing I noticed with this flick is that Padme dies right at the birth. In Return of the Jedi, Luke asks Lea if she knew her mother...she says she died when she was young.....well real young.

I'm sure there are entire web sites devoted to the many inconsistencies that have resulted from these 3 new movies.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Can't agree with this. He snuck up behind the emperor and pretty quickly threw him over the rail for a long fall to his death. That's not what I call "overpowering". It wasn't like a mano-a-mano contest, and one NEVER had the feeling in the original Star Wars trilogy that Vader could have beaten his master.

Palpatine was helpless. It's not like he just shoved him.

I do agree there was no way Vader could have beaten Palps in a duel though.

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 02:14 PM
Palpatine was helpless. It's not like he just shoved him.
Pardon my lack of Star Wars geekness but, how was Palpatine helpless? If memory serves, he was busy zapping Luke with that lightning from the fingers trick when Vader simply walked up to him, hoisted him over his head and tossed him down a reactor shaft. Does that lightning from the fingers trick make you helpless from other attacks?

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:16 PM
Pardon my lack of Star Wars geekness but, how was Palpatine helpless? If memory serves, he was busy zapping Luke with that lightning from the fingers trick when Vader simply walked up to him, hoisted him over his head and tossed him down a reactor shaft. Does that lightning from the fingers trick make you helpless from other attacks?

No, but Vader pretty much just walked over, grabbed him, walked over to the shaft and threw him down it. There was nothing Palpatine could do to stop it. Palps is sitting there having an "oh shit" moment when it happens.

And this was AFTER Vader got PWNED by Luke in their duel.

Bowser
05-21-2005, 02:19 PM
Great flick. Hayden Christensen came pretty far from AOTC to this one. He does a good job. Another thing I liked was the CGI. In PM and AOTC, the shots of Corusant(sp?) looked really fake, from the background to the ships flying about everywhere, and to the city itself. But in this one, everything has a more "real" look and feel to it. That really helped the film, I think.

And, just in case nobody already knew, Lucas can't write a love scene for shit. The pedantic lovey-dovey babble between Padme and Anakin made me want to crawl into my own ears and rip the eardrums to shreds, right after I gouged my eyes out with a popcorn kernel. Brutal.

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 02:19 PM
No, but Vader pretty much just walked over, grabbed him, walked over to the shaft and threw him down it. There was nothing Palpatine could do to stop it. Palps is sitting there having an "oh shit" moment when it happens.

And this was AFTER Vader got PWNED by Luke in their duel.
See, that death scene was just too easy IMHO. Palpatine could have used the dark side of the force in many ways to prevent Vader from killing him. He could have used that "shove people away" trick or Vader's "choke you out" trick but no, he just yelled like a fool and then died. Didn't even try and put up a fight.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:23 PM
See, that death scene was just too easy IMHO. Palpatine could have used the dark side of the force in many ways to prevent Vader from killing him. He could have used that "shove people away" trick or Vader's "choke you out" trick but no, he just yelled like a fool and then died. Didn't even try and put up a fight.

Well, who knows. Maybe Vader was using some kind force ability to prevent Palpatine from doing any of that shit.

I think Palps was pretty "shocked" (no pun intended) too when his own force lightning came raining down on he and Vader.

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 02:27 PM
Well, who knows. Maybe Vader was using some kind force ability to prevent Palpatine from doing any of that shit.

I think Palps was pretty "shocked" (no pun intended) too when his own force lightning came raining down on he and Vader.
So what you're saying is, Palpatine suffered from the old "Deer in headlights" syndrome? ROFL

Perhaps. I still think could could have TRIED to at least DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

What was it Yoda said about that?

http://img72.echo.cx/img72/1481/yodadew8ig.jpg

:D :p

Bowser
05-21-2005, 02:29 PM
I haven't read all of you threads due to my limited time to be on here, gochiefs, but I have to ask what did you think about Zahn's Thrawn series, and do you think that it will ever make it to the big screen?

And on a side of that, I heard some reporter quoting Lucas yet again about how this is absolutely the last of the Skywalker family we will see from him, but Revenge of the Sith made 50 million in ONE DAY. Lucas might find himself under some big pressure to make Episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Hopefully, if he does it, there can be some way to incorporate Zahn's ideology into his world. That might work.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:29 PM
So what you're saying is, Palpatine suffered from the old "Deer in headlights" syndrome? ROFL

Perhaps. I still think could could have TRIED to at least DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

What was it Yoda said about that?

http://img72.echo.cx/img72/1481/yodadew8ig.jpg

:D :p

Wow, awesome. ROFL

And again, I think Vader MUST have been doing something to prevent Palpatine from getting loose. Besides, Vader obviously had the element of surprise going for him. Palps was so busy focusing his hatred and rage on Luke, he never saw it coming. Oops!

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I haven't read all of you threads due to my limited time to be on here, gochiefs, but I have to ask what did you think about Zahn's Thrawn series, and do you think that it will ever make it to the big screen?

And on a side of that, I heard some reporter quoting Lucas yet again about how this is absolutely the last of the Skywalker family we will see from him, but Revenge of the Sith made 50 million in ONE DAY. Lucas might find himself under some big pressure to make Episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Hopefully, if he does it, there can be some way to incorporate Zahn's ideology into his world. That might work.

Of course! I own the Zahn books and love 'em to death.

Sadly I don't think they will ever see the big screen. Lucas has said he won't do 7-9, and there's even proof in the book "Empire Building" that alot of the plot material for the sequels was crammed into ROTJ.

But we get the TV series! :)

Bowser
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Hell, Vader just got one of those Six Million Dollar Man arms around the Emperors' spine, and the guy couldn't think, just feel pain.

Bowser
05-21-2005, 02:34 PM
But we get the TV series! :)

What have you heard the series is going to be about? The days after Return of the Jedi, or Revenge of the Sith, or just a whole new tangent?

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 02:36 PM
What have you heard the series is going to be about? The days after Return of the Jedi, or Revenge of the Sith, or just a whole new tangent?

It's confirmed to be between Episode III and IV. I'm holding out hope for Boba Fett. There's no way they'd make it about Vader and I can't honestly think of another main character they'd make it about.

Yeah, I desperately want a Boba Fett TV show. I want to see the seedy intergalactic crime underbelly of the Star Wars universe. I want more Tatooine, more Jabba's palace. I want smugglers and crooks and bounty hunters.

Tribal Warfare
05-21-2005, 04:32 PM
Concerning Vader and Palpatine arguement. Who believes the prophecy was fullfilled? Personally I believe it was when Vader threw Palpatine down the energy core.

Spicy McHaggis
05-21-2005, 07:44 PM
It's confirmed to be between Episode III and IV. I'm holding out hope for Boba Fett. There's no way they'd make it about Vader and I can't honestly think of another main character they'd make it about.

Yeah, I desperately want a Boba Fett TV show. I want to see the seedy intergalactic crime underbelly of the Star Wars universe. I want more Tatooine, more Jabba's palace. I want smugglers and crooks and bounty hunters.

Its amazing that a guy with a total of about three lines in the original trilogy is so popular. Its all about the Mandalorian armor.

Count Zarth
05-21-2005, 08:31 PM
Its amazing that a guy with a total of about three lines in the original trilogy is so popular. Its all about the Mandalorian armor.

His EU storyline is pimp.