PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my first custom mcfarlane

Big Chief Homer
05-20-2005, 09:42 PM
Just made a custom Dante Hall,came out pretty good too,

If I do say so Myself :clap: :clap: .(trying to get the camera to work so i can get some feedback).

Working on the next,trying to turn a Roy Williams into Patrick Surtain.

Then onto Jared Allen and Eddie Kennison.

Anyone else make these???

its not as hard as I thought it would be,but pretty time consuming.

Beats paying $50.00 a pop for someone else to make them.

Collection now consists of

Trent Green
Tony Gonzalez
priest holmes 1 and 2
Rich Gannon
Derrick Thomas
Tony Richardson
Derrick Johnson(longhorns uni)
Derrick Johnson(Chiefs Uni)
and now Dante Hall.

Valiant
05-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Just made a custom Dante Hall,came out pretty good too,

If I do say so Myself :clap: :clap: .(trying to get the camera to work so i can get some feedback).

Working on the next,trying to turn a Darren Woodsen into Patrick Surtain.

Then onto Jared Allen and Eddie Kennison.

Anyone else make these???

its not as hard as I thought it would be,but pretty time consuming.

Beats paying $50.00 a pop for someone else to make them.

Collection now consists of

Trent Green
Tony Gonzalez
priest holmes 1 and 2
Rich Gannon
Derrick Thomas
Tony Richardson
Derrick Johnson(longhorns uni)
Derrick Johnson(Chiefs Uni)
and now Dante Hall.

cool pictures... :harumph:

StcChief
05-20-2005, 10:44 PM
Post them.

TRR
05-20-2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah post those bad boys! I would love to have a Patrick Surtain. What is the best way to make them....etc? Do you have to sand them down? How do these people on Ebay get them back in boxes?

Big Chief Homer
05-21-2005, 06:28 AM
sorry guys cant get the damn camera software working right.(keeps saying no pics in the camera).

Big Chief Homer
05-21-2005, 06:33 AM
Yeah post those bad boys! I would love to have a Patrick Surtain. What is the best way to make them....etc? Do you have to sand them down? How do these people on Ebay get them back in boxes?

Its actually pretty easy.I bought the #'s and decals off a guy on ebay.He sent a set of directions with them.I also bought one of those e-books on how to make them but,the dirctions that came with the decals work just as good.step by step.

You dont have to sand them down,just prime them with white craft paint.Ive got the Surtain drying now.

The ones Ive bought off ebay,the guys put a small slit in the side of the package and pulled them out and replaced them,but the package is still open.

TRR
05-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Its actually pretty easy.I bought the #'s and decals off a guy on ebay.He sent a set of directions with them.I also bought one of those e-books on how to make them but,the dirctions that came with the decals work just as good.step by step.

You dont have to sand them down,just prime them with white craft paint.Ive got the Surtain drying now.

The ones Ive bought off ebay,the guys put a small slit in the side of the package and pulled them out and replaced them,but the package is still open.

That's pretty cool. I saw a Chris Webber (Michigan) for sale where the guy claimed he sanded the figures head down so he could have Webber bald. It looked nice.

TRR
05-21-2005, 12:44 PM
What you need to do is buy the original Kendrell Bell (Steelers) figure, and customize it into a Chiefs figure. The face would be perfect.

TRR
05-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Also, does the Deion Sanders figure fit the Surtain mold better than Roy Williams? (too late now I guess...)

Big Chief Homer
05-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Also, does the Deion Sanders figure fit the Surtain mold better than Roy Williams? (too late now I guess...)

Yeah,The Deion fig.looks better.I didnt think of using him.

I think the deion is a limited edition,the williams only cost me $4.95.

If I can get one cheap.I think he might make a nice Sammy Knight.