PDA

View Full Version : Legal Advice Needed (a$$hole cop)

ILChief
05-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Ok, I get clocked going 56 in a 45. the cop gets behind me but doensn't turn his lights on, I don't pull over. then he turns his lights on and I pull over. Then he acts like I was running from him. Anyways he gives me a ticket but on the back of the ticket, he doesn't write the amount of the fine. I thought about paying via mail and including a check for $0.00 and put a note that I am paying the fine in full in accordance with amount on the citation. Do I have any ground to stand on?

Boozer
05-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Short answer: Nope.

Ebolapox
05-21-2005, 11:23 AM
prolly not--

on a related note, I got stopped a few weeks back, supposedly going 39 in a 25--the cop was sitting in a 45 mph zone, and the way his gun would've have to have been, it would've been almost impossible to have gotten me at 39 in the supposed 25--

so basically, I'm going to fight it--it's ridiculous, I was going BELOW the speed limit where he claims to've gotten me on radar, and I've got witnesses to prove it... f*cking cops

-EB-

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 11:27 AM
The police are your friends.

|Zach|
05-21-2005, 11:29 AM
prolly not--

on a related note, I got stopped a few weeks back, supposedly going 39 in a 25--the cop was sitting in a 45 mph zone, and the way his gun would've have to have been, it would've been almost impossible to have gotten me at 39 in the supposed 25--

so basically, I'm going to fight it--it's ridiculous, I was going BELOW the speed limit where he claims to've gotten me on radar, and I've got witnesses to prove it... f*cking cops

-EB-
Where were you?

Boozer
05-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Not tax collecters with guns?

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Not tax collecters with guns?
Of course not. They protect and serve.

mlyonsd
05-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I think your only chance would be to show up in court and tell the judge the officer didn't tell you what the fine was. He might throw it out seeing you took the time to come to court.

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I'll bet Bob_Dole respects the police.

bricks
05-21-2005, 11:51 AM

two words: protect and serve

1adam1238
05-21-2005, 12:06 PM
The police keep me in business.......I work on a max sec prison.

Frazod
05-21-2005, 12:08 PM
Ok, I get clocked going 56 in a 45. the cop gets behind me but doensn't turn his lights on, I don't pull over. then he turns his lights on and I pull over. Then he acts like I was running from him. Anyways he gives me a ticket but on the back of the ticket, he doesn't write the amount of the fine. I thought about paying via mail and including a check for $0.00 and put a note that I am paying the fine in full in accordance with amount on the citation. Do I have any ground to stand on?

Did you get the ticket in Illinois? If so, you can plead guilty and request supervision. You may have to waste a Saturday by going to driving school for an extra $30 (at least it was an extra $30 four years ago), but if you don't get another ticket for six months, it won't go on your driving record and cause your insurance rates to go up. There is a number on the ticket you can call. And the ticket itself will probably be $75 (unless they've gone up).

If you got the ticket in another state, you can't get supervision, and you'll get the double whammy of getting f#cked by the cops and your insurance company.

And yes, both entities suck equally. At least the insurance agent isn't armed.

dtebbe
05-21-2005, 12:15 PM

Or is that: patronize and annoy?

DT

bricks
05-21-2005, 12:17 PM
Or is that: patronize and annoy?

DT

Always trust the men in blue! :rolleyes:

StcChief
05-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Or you can get a Lawyer pay more to have it reduced to a non-moving violation. No point on your record and insurance won't be raised. Tickets last for 3 years on your insurance rate increase. Do the math what is cheaper.

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 12:57 PM
ppppssstttt .... bricks .... that's 3 words.

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Canadians can't count.

bricks
05-21-2005, 01:42 PM

protect, serve

bricks
05-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Canadians can't count.

Sure we can. Just ask Bowser.

rockchalkgirl
05-21-2005, 01:45 PM
For those of you who may travel on the Kansas Turnpike, heed my warning. KHP has been sitting at the eastern terminal, clocking people in the speed zone around the toll gate. It drops from 70 to 35 mph and if they clock you at the top of that zone, you're toast. :cuss:

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 01:59 PM
For those of you who may travel on the Kansas Turnpike, heed my warning. KHP has been sitting at the eastern terminal, clocking people in the speed zone around the toll gate. It drops from 70 to 35 mph and if they clock you at the top of that zone, you're toast. :cuss:
Hey, look, a Jayhawk. A real live girl Jayhawk. Welcome to the board but be careful. There are MUrons lurking around this place.

|Zach|
05-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey, look, a Jayhawk. A real live girl Jayhawk. Welcome to the board but be careful. There are MUrons lurking around this place.
A new Jayhawk fan, good times.

The power of Bucknell compels you.

TRR
05-21-2005, 02:03 PM
Best advice....Pay the ticket and move on. Unless your driving record is horrible, your insurance won't raise significantly.

chiefs4me
05-21-2005, 02:21 PM
They won't come get you anyway, so do what you said. Hell it's worth a try, and then if they accept it, good for you. If they don't, they will send you a bill.

luv
05-21-2005, 02:28 PM
They won't come get you anyway, so do what you said. Hell it's worth a try, and then if they accept it, good for you. If they don't, they will send you a bill.

Is that true in Missouri? I always thought that, if you didn't pay the fine or show up for your court date, then there would be a bench warrant issued.

|Zach|
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Is that true in Missouri? I always thought that, if you didn't pay the fine or show up for your court date, then there would be a bench warrant issued.
Yup, it happened to a buddy of mine.

4th and Long
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
They would issue a bench warrant for your arrest in Missouri.

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2005, 03:56 PM
ya thats BS when a cop sits there before a speed limit increase and clocks you if you speed up for it too early. It happened to a buddy of mine while I was in the car. It was 40 MPH and he was about to enter a 55 MPH zone and he started speeding up because he could see the 55 speed limit sign about a couple 100 feet away and the cop pulls him over and starts screaming at him. The cop said:

"YOU WERE GOING 45 IN MY 40 MILE PER HOUR ZONE!!!"

and my friend was kinda shocked that the cop was screaming at him and responds:

"excuse me"

"I SAID YOU WERE GOING 45 IN MY 40 MILE PER HOUR ZONE!!"

and the cop started to yell something else at him and my friend just goes "FINE OK" and hands him the drivers license and insurance.

a lot of cops are bastards

I tried asking a cop in Florida for directions to a bridge I was looking for that I need to cross, I just pulled over next to him because he was standing by his car doing nothing and I said "excuse me, could you tell me how to get to blah blah blah street with a big bridge on it"

and he responds:

"nah"

Simplex3
05-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Or you can get a Lawyer pay more to have it reduced to a non-moving violation. No point on your record and insurance won't be raised. Tickets last for 3 years on your insurance rate increase. Do the math what is cheaper.
No need for a lawyer, though they want you to think you need them. Just call up the prosecutor in the case and tell them you want to plead the ticket down to a non-moving violation. Some of them may ACT like they don't know what you're talking about, just be polite and say you'd like to make arrangements to plead down, "maybe if I pay an increased fine or something". I've done it by myself in three states, worked every time.

In KS and MO they typically double the fine. In Lamoni County, Iowa you have to pay a lawyer (or show up for court), double the fine, AND make a donation to either the library or firefighters. That cost me over $200 to get out of a $40 ticket.

rockchalkgirl
05-21-2005, 05:54 PM

More likely, they will send you a notice that your license is suspended, and you'll get to pay an extra chunk of change to get your license reinstated. That's assuming, of course, that your current address is on your DL, and you get the notice to know that your license is suspended in time to fix the problem before you are pulled over for something stupid like your headlight being out and get arrested for driving while suspended.

Either bite the bullet and hire an attorney to take care of it for you, or show up yourself and talk to the prosecutor. The plan in your header is a bad idea.

Thanks for the welcome, Skip.

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 06:50 PM
More likely, they will send you a notice that your license is suspended, and you'll get to pay an extra chunk of change to get your license reinstated. That's assuming, of course, that your current address is on your DL, and you get the notice to know that your license is suspended in time to fix the problem before you are pulled over for something stupid like your headlight being out and get arrested for driving while suspended.

Either bite the bullet and hire an attorney to take care of it for you, or show up yourself and talk to the prosecutor. The plan in your header is a bad idea.

Did you hear about Giddens? Do you have any naked pictures of yourself to share?

jettio
05-21-2005, 06:51 PM
No need for a lawyer, though they want you to think you need them. Just call up the prosecutor in the case and tell them you want to plead the ticket down to a non-moving violation. Some of them may ACT like they don't know what you're talking about, just be polite and say you'd like to make arrangements to plead down, "maybe if I pay an increased fine or something". I've done it by myself in three states, worked every time.

In KS and MO they typically double the fine. In Lamoni County, Iowa you have to pay a lawyer (or show up for court), double the fine, AND make a donation to either the library or firefighters. That cost me over $200 to get out of a $40 ticket.

Most, maybe all, of the Kansas jurisdictions around Kansas City will let you amend without a lawyer.

Far as I know, none of the Missouri jurisdictions around Kansas City let you amend unless you have a lawyer.

Not sure why but it probably traces back to the Burning of Lawrence and all of that Bloody Kansas business.

DaMook
05-21-2005, 06:58 PM
First of all I don't know what you do for a living IlChief, but I doubt people call you an A-Hole for doing it correctly.
I always say that when I am not keeping husbands and wifes from beating eachother, patrolling neighborhoods, asissting EMS in saving someone's life, investigating crimes (from stealing to robbery to murder), clearing up a traffic accident (often caused by speeding), taking a drunk of the road (often indicated by speeding), giving directions to a lost citizen, or giving a baseball card to a kid so he won't grow up to think cops are A-Holes; part of my job is to hide in the dark and issue traffic tickets. Not because it is fun or I want to be an A-Hole, but because it is part of my job. 95% of all crime is detected through traffic stops and most of the 130 or so Officers that die in the line of duty every year die during traffic stops, not from guns or violence, but by being struck by other vehicles that are not paying attention. While trsffic stops are a routine part of our job they can also be the most deadly. A little extra caution often comes off as being a jerk, and I understand that. I am the first to admit some cops are A-Holes but some people at every job are A-Holes.
Here are some tips for avoiding traffic tickets: OBEY all the traffic laws. Don't speed, don't run stop signs, use your blinkers, etc. Also when approaching a sign that indicates a change in the speed limit it is not valid until you pass it. Not 200 ft. before it, not 5 ft. before it.
So if you read all this the pay off is this: Go to court plead not guilty, ask to see the officer's radar certification and recent calibration of the radar gun. 10 to 1 they will not have it, then ask for a dismissal. Even if they do have it most Judges like a good fighter and will reduce the charge or fine at that point.
If you do not pay it at all (in missouri) your license will be suspended and you will be arrested probably at a bad time (home, work, on a date with that speacial someone). The fine usually isn't on the ticket but you can call the court clerk and get it and mail it in most of the time. Not trying to be an A-hole just venting a little. Drive safe and have a nice day.

DaMook

Pants
05-21-2005, 07:07 PM
Did you hear about Giddens? Do you have any naked pictures of yourself to share?

ROFL

Skip Towne
05-21-2005, 07:15 PM
They let cops post here? I thought this was a humans only board. :p

DaMook
05-21-2005, 07:23 PM
They let cops post here? I thought this was a humans only board. :p

It's an experiment. If it doesn't work out I have to quit my job. :)

chiefs4me
05-21-2005, 07:54 PM

Who the heck are you talking to? You quoted me, replied to IlChief, and said thanks to Skip........:hmmm:

jagerdrinker
05-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Why do I get the distinct feeling that DaMook stands about 5'6", wears ridiculously mirrored shades, and drives around listening to Junior Brown's "Highway Patrol" while on the job. Lighten up, man!

Ultra Peanut
05-21-2005, 10:58 PM
(a$$hole cop) (wet water)

™ Brock

sparkky
05-21-2005, 11:31 PM
From my experiences with cops I have determined Andy has retired and Barney is in charge now.

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 01:04 AM
Has anybody noticed that the only friends cops have are other cops? If you watch the show "COPS" they will tell you they have camaraderie with each other. I think it is because nobody else will have anything to do with them.

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2005, 01:06 AM
If you watch the show "COPS" Every time I see that show, it pisses me the hell off.

trndobrd
05-22-2005, 01:13 AM

There should be a number on the ticket somewhere for the Clerk of the Court. Give it a few days to get the ticket processed, then call and ask what the fine amount is. If you don't want to pay that much, just ask to be scheduled on the next available court date. Show up, talk to the prosecutor and be ready to work out a deal.

Better yet, pay an attorney $250 to do the same thing.

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 01:23 AM
There should be a number on the ticket somewhere for the Clerk of the Court. Give it a few days to get the ticket processed, then call and ask what the fine amount is. If you don't want to pay that much, just ask to be scheduled on the next available court date. Show up, talk to the prosecutor and be ready to work out a deal.

Better yet, pay an attorney $250 to do the same thing.
I just refuse to let an ignorant cop cost me $250. If you have any kind of defense such as an out of date calibration of the radar unit.....use it. But don't even let the court (or the cop) know you are going to show up for court. Just show up, put the cop on the stand and ask for documentation of the radar unit and hope he doesn't have it with him.

trndobrd
05-22-2005, 01:32 AM
I just refuse to let an ignorant cop cost me $250. If you have any kind of defense such as an out of date calibration of the radar unit.....use it. But don't even let the court (or the cop) know you are going to show up for court. Just show up, put the cop on the stand and ask for documentation of the radar unit and hope he doesn't have it with him.

Unless the initial court date is written on the back of the ticket, you'll need to set it up. When the cop does have documentation, then what? Well?

If someone just has a speeding ticket, your plan is probably OK. Although I get consistently better deals than Joe Schmoe walking into the Court House, if it's a first or second ticket, it's probably cheaper in the long run not to hire an attorney. Try to get a diversion or plea on your own.

If there are additional issues, like multiple tickets, driving while suspended, or a CDL is on the line, spend the $$$'s for an attorney.

BigRedChief
05-22-2005, 01:38 AM
WTF is with the members here whining about getting caught speeding?

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Unless the initial court date is written on the back of the ticket, you'll need to set it up. When the cop does have documentation, then what? Well?

If someone just has a speeding ticket, your plan is probably OK. Although I get consistently better deals than Joe Schmoe walking into the Court House, if it's a first or second ticket, it's probably cheaper in the long run not to hire an attorney. Try to get a diversion or plea on your own.

If there are additional issues, like multiple tickets, driving while suspended, or a CDL is on the line, spend the $$$'s for an attorney.
The court date is on the ticket on the few I've gotten. If the cop shows up (on his own time usually) you just hope he doesn't have the documentation. If he does, you lose. But it is your only chance. I had a buddy beat a DUI that way and the courtroom was full of MADD mothers. He laughed last.

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2005, 01:41 AM

ROFL No

rockchalkgirl
05-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Who the heck are you talking to? You quoted me, replied to IlChief, and said thanks to Skip........:hmmm:

Chiefs4me, I quoted you because you were concurring in ILChief's bad idea. Generally, I think that it is better to offer advice that doesn't result in the person seeking advice getting in a worse position rather than a better one. I said thanks to Skip because that is what one does in polite society when welcomed...that was my first post. I saw no reason to split it into two posts.

chiefs4me
05-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Chiefs4me, I quoted you because you were concurring in ILChief's bad idea. Generally, I think that it is better to offer advice that doesn't result in the person seeking advice getting in a worse position rather than a better one. I said thanks to Skip because that is what one does in polite society when welcomed...that was my first post. I saw no reason to split it into two posts.

Because YOU think it's better............I can agree or disagree with whatever or whomever I want. Remember that and we will get along fine. Just don't tell me again what I should agree with and not, my opinion is mine, not yours.

chiefs4me
05-22-2005, 11:01 AM

One other thing.....this board is not a polite society.......ROFL

Saggysack
05-22-2005, 11:11 AM
The court date is on the ticket on the few I've gotten. If the cop shows up (on his own time usually) you just hope he doesn't have the documentation. If he does, you lose. But it is your only chance. I had a buddy beat a DUI that way and the courtroom was full of MADD mothers. He laughed last.

Your buddy beat a DUI because the officer didn't have his radar calibrated? :spock:

I guess the blow test, or blood test if he refused to blow and the field sobriety test wasn't as good as proving he was drunk as his radar being calibrated...

I never knew calibration documentation of radar guns prove whether someone is drunk or not.

Boyceofsummer
05-22-2005, 11:11 AM
First of all I don't know what you do for a living IlChief, but I doubt people call you an A-Hole for doing it correctly.
I always say that when I am not keeping husbands and wifes from beating eachother, patrolling neighborhoods, asissting EMS in saving someone's life, investigating crimes (from stealing to robbery to murder), clearing up a traffic accident (often caused by speeding), taking a drunk of the road (often indicated by speeding), giving directions to a lost citizen, or giving a baseball card to a kid so he won't grow up to think cops are A-Holes; part of my job is to hide in the dark and issue traffic tickets. Not because it is fun or I want to be an A-Hole, but because it is part of my job. 95% of all crime is detected through traffic stops and most of the 130 or so Officers that die in the line of duty every year die during traffic stops, not from guns or violence, but by being struck by other vehicles that are not paying attention. While trsffic stops are a routine part of our job they can also be the most deadly. A little extra caution often comes off as being a jerk, and I understand that. I am the first to admit some cops are A-Holes but some people at every job are A-Holes.
Here are some tips for avoiding traffic tickets: OBEY all the traffic laws. Don't speed, don't run stop signs, use your blinkers, etc. Also when approaching a sign that indicates a change in the speed limit it is not valid until you pass it. Not 200 ft. before it, not 5 ft. before it.
So if you read all this the pay off is this: Go to court plead not guilty, ask to see the officer's radar certification and recent calibration of the radar gun. 10 to 1 they will not have it, then ask for a dismissal. Even if they do have it most Judges like a good fighter and will reduce the charge or fine at that point.
If you do not pay it at all (in missouri) your license will be suspended and you will be arrested probably at a bad time (home, work, on a date with that speacial someone). The fine usually isn't on the ticket but you can call the court clerk and get it and mail it in most of the time. Not trying to be an A-hole just venting a little. Drive safe and have a nice day.

DaMook

I catch hell all the time from my wife for being a "slow-poke." I've been hit twice within the last year. I can't stress enough following traffic laws. When something unexpected happens it may save you money (ins.) or your life. Everybody is in a hurry on the streets and hiways. Slow down! It's not worth it.

ILChief
05-22-2005, 11:35 AM

DaMook

I don't have that big of a problem with him giving me a ticket. It was his jackass attitude, insinuating that I was running from him that I had the problem with. I get tired of the whole "we're protecting you so it's OK to be an A-hole attitude". I appreciate real cops that fight crime, not jackasses with a radar gun.

Earthling
05-22-2005, 11:44 AM
ya thats BS when a cop sits there before a speed limit increase and clocks you if you speed up for it too early. It happened to a buddy of mine while I was in the car. It was 40 MPH and he was about to enter a 55 MPH zone and he started speeding up because he could see the 55 speed limit sign about a couple 100 feet away and the cop pulls him over and starts screaming at him. The cop said:

"YOU WERE GOING 45 IN MY 40 MILE PER HOUR ZONE!!!"

and my friend was kinda shocked that the cop was screaming at him and responds:

"excuse me"

"I SAID YOU WERE GOING 45 IN MY 40 MILE PER HOUR ZONE!!"

and the cop started to yell something else at him and my friend just goes "FINE OK" and hands him the drivers license and insurance.

a lot of cops are bastards

I tried asking a cop in Florida for directions to a bridge I was looking for that I need to cross, I just pulled over next to him because he was standing by his car doing nothing and I said "excuse me, could you tell me how to get to blah blah blah street with a big bridge on it"

and he responds:

"nah"

A cop yelled at my brother and he told the cop " Don't talk to me in that tone of voice!" and he quit yelling at him. Theres no reason to let anyone, even a cop, disrespect you.

Earthling
05-22-2005, 11:47 AM
Did you get the ticket in Illinois? If so, you can plead guilty and request supervision. You may have to waste a Saturday by going to driving school for an extra $30 (at least it was an extra $30 four years ago), but if you don't get another ticket for six months, it won't go on your driving record and cause your insurance rates to go up. There is a number on the ticket you can call. And the ticket itself will probably be $75 (unless they've gone up).

If you got the ticket in another state, you can't get supervision, and you'll get the double whammy of getting f#cked by the cops and your insurance company.

And yes, both entities suck equally. At least the insurance agent isn't armed.

At least it doesn't go against your point total for the state. (At least not in Colorado anyway)

Boyceofsummer
05-22-2005, 12:16 PM
that I am no threat to him when I get stopped. Both hands in full view with my glove box open. They have enough to deal with. Having said that, many cops in my home town are guilty of driving outside the law in a reckless manner. Human nature, I guess.

Ebolapox
05-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Where were you?

in sparta visiting a pal of mine who I hadn't seen in a long time--sparta cops really suck

-EB-

ILChief
05-22-2005, 03:25 PM
I've decided to wait a couple of days and call the court house and see how much the fine is and send the payment. then write a letter to the police department kindly explaining what an a$$hole they have working for them.

Simplex3
05-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Hahaha, a DUI ROFL :LOL: That's f**king hilarious!!!!

Your buddy is a tool. Those MADD mothers should have pulled his nut sack up over his head and suffocated him with it. Anybody that thinks driving with a buzz is more important than the danger they present to the rest of the world while they're doing it should be shot repeatedly in the extremities.

Simplex3
05-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I've decided to wait a couple of days and call the court house and see how much the fine is and send the payment. then write a letter to the police department kindly explaining what an a$$hole they have working for them.
Dude, when you make the call ask about pleading it down. Doesn't cost anything to ask.

ILChief
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Here is the letter I wrote (the names have been changed to protect the innocent):

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in regard to a citation I received on May 21, 2005 (Case # XXXX), and more specifically, the officer that issued the citation. The officer’s badge number is XXX/XXXX. I would include his name, but it is illegible on the citation.

The citation is for speeding. I do not deny that I was slightly exceeding the speed limit (although other people were passing me but maybe they weren’t from out of state), but I do not feel that is justification for the arrogance and unprofessionalism of this officer.

I was traveling on XYZ Road heading from the mall area toward <CITY> Ford when, according to the citation, I was clocked going 56 mph in the 45 mph hour zone. My wife was traveling in a car directly behind me. The officer pulled out behind her without his lights on, followed us into <CITY> Ford’s parking lot without his lights on, and then followed my truck into their service garage (actually INSIDE the garage). Only when he entered the garage, did he turn his lights on. I had gotten out of my vehicle and was filling out the paperwork (again his lights had not been turned on so I did not think he was trying to pull me over) when the officer approached me and asked me to return to my vehicle. He asked me if I did not see him, insinuating that I was running from him. I said I did not see him. Later on, he asked again if I didn’t see him. If he would have had his lights on, I would have saw him and pulled over immediately. He then asked for my license, registration, and proof of insurance. I gave him my license and registration and was looking for my proof of insurance when he returned to his patrol car. At this point, I had still not been told why I was pulled over. I had to ask him when he returned. He then returns with a citation for speeding and failure to show proof of insurance. When he returned, I provided proof of insurance and he said he would remove the no insurance violation from the citation. I thought he would return with an updated ticket showing the second violation removed. Instead, he got back in his car and drove off. I then read the citation and turned it over and the amount of the fine area on the reverse side of the citation is blank. Now I have to call the District Clerk’s Office to see how much to pay.

I was reading the website of the <CITY> Police Department (http://xxx.xxx), and came across your Values Statement. It is my opinion that this officer did not exemplify three of your five values:

Professionalism:
From your website --
“We will be professional in our daily actions, our behavior and our performance to the department, its members and to the community we proudly serve”
I hardly believe this officer acted professionally when he waited until he actually drove into <CITY> Ford’s Service Garage before turning his lights on. I believe he was trying to make a spectacle of this situation. More than one of the <CITY> Ford Service Department employees commented on the arrogance and unprofessionalism of this officer. They were also not happy that his car was blocking the entrance to their Service Department.

Respect:
From your website –
“We will treat citizens and co-workers with respect, regardless of the degree of respect we receive.”
I feel this officer showed me little, if any, respect in this situation. He insinuated that I was fleeing from him. I also believe he attempted to embarrass me by pulling into the garage and turning on his flashing blue lights, causing everyone in the service department to come out and see what was going on. He could have very easily approached me and explained the situation without making such a scene.

Communication:
From your website –
“We will communicate effectively and courteously with our co-workers and the members of the community we proudly serve.”
Sadly, this is the value I feel that the officer failed in the most. I always believed the primary purpose of the flashing blue lights on top of patrol cars was to let someone know they are supposed to pull over. His lights weren’t on, so I didn’t notice him. He also failed in communication by not telling me why I was being stopped to begin with. He also didn’t give me an updated citation that told the amount I owed. These three instances are hardly what I would call effective and courteous communication.
In closing, I don’t deny that I exceeded the speed limit. However, I hardly feel my exceeding the speed limit was justification for this behavior. I have always respected police officers and the job they do. I also don’t believe I disrespected this officer in any way. I do not believe that this is simply a case of me being over-sensitive as other people who were present commented about this officer’s arrogance and the disrespect he showed me. Again, I respect police officers, but I also expect to be respected by them. I understand a rough attitude is necessary when dealing with criminals. However for a simple speeding violation, I feel this was out of line. I hope this officer’s attitude is not indicative of the entire <CITY> Police Department.

Thank you,
------------------------------------

So what do you all think?

Pants
05-25-2005, 06:41 PM
Hahahaha. OWNED. Awesome letter.

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Your buddy beat a DUI because the officer didn't have his radar calibrated? :spock:

I guess the blow test, or blood test if he refused to blow and the field sobriety test wasn't as good as proving he was drunk as his radar being calibrated...

I never knew calibration documentation of radar guns prove whether someone is drunk or not.
He beat the DUI because the alcohol test machine was out of certification.

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 06:57 PM
Hahaha, a DUI ROFL :LOL: That's f**king hilarious!!!!

Your buddy is a tool. Those MADD mothers should have pulled his nut sack up over his head and suffocated him with it. Anybody that thinks driving with a buzz is more important than the danger they present to the rest of the world while they're doing it should be shot repeatedly in the extremities.
Simpleton, you are an idiot. I was commenting on the fact that the police have to have their equipment calibrated and certified.

Frazod
05-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Well written letter. Nice job.

Should give whoever opens it a chuckle before it's shitcanned.

Like these pricks care how the common citizenry is abused. They just want their money.

Skip Towne
05-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Well written letter. Nice job.

Should give whoever opens it a chuckle before it's shitcanned.

Like these pricks care how the common citizenry is abused. They just want their money.
I agree about wanting the money but I think that letter will make it's way into the cop's personnel file. I always write in on them if they even look at me wrong.

Inspector
05-25-2005, 09:23 PM

DaMook

I'm sure there are some good cops out there, I've just rarely run across one. I can only think of one over the past 30 - 40 years of seeing or knowing them.

And that has nothing to do with them "doing their job".

I won't even get into it, but due to past experience I have no use for cops - period. Your bad buddies make all of you look bad. I would rather just carry a gun and protect myself. I can at least fight back against common criminals, but the organized, uniformed criminals are too much. You just can't win.

Maybe you could try to clean up your coworkers. The things I have seen............

Inspector
05-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Every time I see that show, it pisses me the hell off.

Man, that makes two of us.

Er..I mean...I should just say....that makes two of us!

Inspector
05-25-2005, 09:29 PM

That will probably get him a raise and a promotion.