PDA

View Full Version : What An A *hole

ChiefsFanatik88
05-21-2005, 03:34 PM
Colts | Manning Could have had 66 Touchdowns - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 20 May 2005 20:56:26 -0700

Tom James, reports for the Tribune-Star, after reviewing game films from the 2004 season Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning, offensive coordinator Tom Moore and quarterback's coach Jim Caldwell figured Manning could have had 66 touchdown passes last season. Manning said he had 17 "true misses" in addition to his 49 TD passes. "We talked about true misses, true either overthrows or drops or I threw it behind them and he would have gotten into the end zone or whatever it may be. And if we scored on that series, it was a wash. If we ran one [for a touchdown], it didn't count. But we counted 17 legitimate misses. So you say, 'Boy we threw a lot of touchdowns.' But you also say, 'Heck, we could have thrown even more,' " said Manning.

Woulda, Couda, Shouda.
Cry a river, you ass

TRR
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Why does this make him an *sshole again?

Douche Baggins
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Dear Peyton,

Try throwing a few more touchdowns against the New England Patriots.

Sincerely, Bill Belichick.

bricks
05-21-2005, 03:42 PM

Um....ditto!

Douche Baggins
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Peyton has always been an asshole.

bricks
05-21-2005, 03:45 PM

when?....please explain

Douche Baggins
05-21-2005, 03:49 PM
when?....please explain

http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Manning.jpg

Rain Man
05-21-2005, 03:56 PM
He could've had 400 illegal motion penalties, too.

ChiefsFanatik88
05-21-2005, 03:56 PM

By having the name Manning, isn't that good enough?
Plus the guy plays for the Colts.

Douche Baggins
05-21-2005, 03:58 PM
OK, I am just kidding. Here is the proof:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1694048

Valiant
05-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Shit I have never heard anything negative about him.. Hell some Chiefs fans at the game even said he was great for signing autographs while other chiefs fans cussed at him...

Bob Dole
05-21-2005, 04:06 PM

Exactly.

Goapics1
05-23-2005, 08:36 AM
By having the name Manning, isn't that good enough?
Plus the guy plays for the Colts.

What the hell does this mean?

HC_Chief
05-23-2005, 08:41 AM

Gawddamn right. Once under center, a QB is not supposed to start twitching and motioning and moving around... and not for the obvious reasons; that's suppoed to be a penalty.

I've heard that Peyton is a really cool, affible guy. His brother Eli, on the other hand, is a complete ass.

HemiEd
05-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Gawddamn right. Once under center, a QB is not supposed to start twitching and motioning and moving around... and not for the obvious reasons; that's suppoed to be a penalty.

How does he get by with this double standard? Ok, I know, he is the current Golden Boy.
It has really pissed me off and GoChiefs picture is a good example of it. I wish the officials would crack down on it.

Lzen
05-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Dear Peyton,

Try throwing a few more touchdowns against the New England Patriots.

Sincerely, Bill Belichick.

:LOL:

Cochise
05-23-2005, 11:12 AM
Who cares, really, if he's moving around and directing traffic? Manning is most definitely not the only QB who does this. If you start enforcing it on him, then you have to do it to everyone, and it's widespread in the league even if he does it the most noticably.

I know a lot of people tend to be haters, but it isn't his fault that his team has no defense and hasn't gotten to the Super Bowl. It's pretty ridiculous to take the one guy that carries the team the whole year, the one person that keeps them from being a 6-10 mess year in and year out, and blame him for 'only' getting them to the AFC title game or something. At some point, those other 53 people have to man up and get it done.

Including their defense... I'm not sure why it's hard for Chiefs fans to understand that you can't blame an offense for losing games when the defense sucks donkey balls. :spock:

Rain Man
05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
I actually don't have anything against Peyton, and respect him as both a top-notch QB and a student of the game. (I hate his snot-nosed little brother.)

At the same time, he moves around too much and gets away with it, and worse, his offensive linemen will move and turn around to hear what he's saying after they're in their stance. If Peyton's movement is in any way ambiguous, those linemen are definitely illegal. I can't understand why they don't get called on it, when other linemen can't move a muscle.

Goapics1
05-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Who cares, really, if he's moving around and directing traffic? Manning is most definitely not the only QB who does this. If you start enforcing it on him, then you have to do it to everyone, and it's widespread in the league even if he does it the most noticably.

I know a lot of people tend to be haters, but it isn't his fault that his team has no defense and hasn't gotten to the Super Bowl. It's pretty ridiculous to take the one guy that carries the team the whole year, the one person that keeps them from being a 6-10 mess year in and year out, and blame him for 'only' getting them to the AFC title game or something. At some point, those other 53 people have to man up and get it done.

Including their defense... I'm not sure why it's hard for Chiefs fans to understand that you can't blame an offense for losing games when the defense sucks donkey balls. :spock:
Amen brother. Amen.

Mr. Laz
05-23-2005, 11:31 AM
just sounds like he's trying to continue to improve and not be satisfied with previous success. :shrug:

i wish we weren't so content :(

Iron Chef
05-23-2005, 11:41 AM
WOW does this mean we would be 16-0 if it weren’t for a few missed tackles?

bringbackmarty
05-23-2005, 11:42 AM
I met him at the 150th anniversary of Newman School here in New Orleans. right after we lost to them in the playoffs, before eli was drafted, Peyton, Eli, and Archie were there. I was playing Upright bass in a jazz trio w the band working the dinner tent, which was like the size of kemper. When we were finished and I was packing up, he was talking to some friends near the stage, suddenly the conversation ended, and before he went back to his table, he turns to me and strikes up a conversation. (This isn't all that surprising, because I play a very large and unique looking upright bass from the early 1800's, it is very beautiful, and also very old, and it just looks expensive, which it is.) The conversation goes something like this.
Peyton: Hay man how much wonna dem things cawst?
Me: Well this one is one of the more expensive ones, it costs about half a touchdown drive.
Peyton: damn that much? No really?
Me: yes really, I paid $27,000 dollars for it, I have it appraised at $45,000.
Peyton: Geezus how old is that thang?
Me: 172 years old
Peyton: Dayum Man, thats before the civil war.
Me: yes it is.
Peyton: Do you teach people?
Me: Yes I do.
Peyton: Could you teach me?
Me: I would love to, but If you were serious about it, your game would suffer. You lose a certain amount of feeling in your fingertips, fumbling the snap would be a problem, your trainers might not like it. Hey, by the way thanks for gutting my chiefs defense in the playoffs, maybe now gun will make a difference.
Peyton: Aww Mayun that defense ain't that bad, I was feelin pretty good that day, nice to meet you.
Me: Nice to meet you too, here's my card. Call if you retire and want to take some lessons.
The whole night he seemed pretty chill and cool, but Eli seemed like he was a dick. archie is definitely a dick. Peyton's wife is hot, so is the other brothers' wife who doesn't play football. I could see peyton being a dick though, the trainer at tennesee story is not all that hard to fathom.

petegz28
05-23-2005, 11:59 AM

AMEN to that!

Mile High Mania
05-23-2005, 12:00 PM
I could have put the all-time fantasy team scoring mark for one of my leagues incredibly out of sight with another 16 TDs from the guy.

Ah well, on the other hand Edge and his folks are saying "had my QB not been a jerk and thrown close to a dozen TDs from 5 yards or less out, I could have 20 TDs".

Well, at least I know there are thousands of fantasy owners from last year saying that in regards to Edge.

milkman
05-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Peyton isn't an A-Hole.
He's a pussy.

Douche Baggins
05-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Peyton isn't an A-Hole.
He's a pussy.

Pretty close, either way.

CASHMAN.

go bowe
05-23-2005, 10:15 PM
cashman?

aren't you supposed to be go chiefs?

KCWolfman
05-23-2005, 10:27 PM
I still don't understand the hatred toward Peyton.

I don't see anyone calling Holmes an A-Hole for wanting 30+ TDs this season.

Manning is a driven hard worker. He studies and studies. He works the game to his advantage and does it without a lick of animosity to his opponents when the final whistle blows.

He has not reached his potential in playoff games and he earns much more than any QB should, but I wish we had more people on our team with his drive.

KCWolfman
05-23-2005, 10:28 PM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/Manning.jpg
He is an asshole because he beat us?

KCWolfman
05-23-2005, 10:29 PM
How does he get by with this double standard? Ok, I know, he is the current Golden Boy.
It has really pissed me off and GoChiefs picture is a good example of it. I wish the officials would crack down on it.
No one on his line moves while he does and he is allowed an audible. There is no rule for how long the audible takes. It is not like he is attempting to get someone offsides with his motions.

Rausch
05-24-2005, 02:19 AM
He is an asshole because he beat us?

Not last year he didn't. And today, that's still my fondest memory of last year.

There wasn't even a division game I wanted to win more.

**** Manning. **** both him and his brother.

**** them both with a golden two-sided and everlast powered dildo with MVP carved on the side.

**** them where the sun don't shine and prisoners like to hide their good drugs...

DaWolf
05-24-2005, 04:43 AM
By my calculations Priest should have had 70 rushing TD's 2 years ago but missed blocks and holding calls cost him... :deevee:

Goapics1
05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Peyton isn't an A-Hole.
He's a pussy.

:deevee:

milkman
05-24-2005, 07:57 PM
I still don't understand the hatred toward Peyton.

I don't see anyone calling Holmes an A-Hole for wanting 30+ TDs this season.

Manning is a driven hard worker. He studies and studies. He works the game to his advantage and does it without a lick of animosity to his opponents when the final whistle blows.

He has not reached his potential in playoff games and he earns much more than any QB should, but I wish we had more people on our team with his drive.

I don't dislike Peyton.
Fact is, I like the guy, and agree with your post in many ways.

The one thing I don't like about Peyton is that he's not a tough QB.
He hasn't reached his potential in the playoffs because he gets rattled by physical defenses.

I've said this before, If Trent Green were the Indy QB in the playoff games against NE, I believe he would have led them to a win in at least one of those games.

Peyton is an extremely talented, hard working QB.
If he ever finds the courage against pressure that Green has, he will be virtually unstoppable.

milkman
05-24-2005, 07:58 PM
:deevee:

I wasn't crying.
I was just stating an opinion.

ENDelt260
05-24-2005, 08:02 PM
No one on his line moves while he does

I've seen linemen turn around while he's running up and down the line.

HemiEd
05-24-2005, 08:20 PM
No one on his line moves while he does and he is allowed an audible. There is no rule for how long the audible takes. It is not like he is attempting to get someone offsides with his motions.

Ok, it still pisses me off.