PDA

View Full Version : FF Question

Mile High Mania
05-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Ok, it's months before I have to make a decision, but I'm curious about your thoughts. I am in a league where I could trade my R2 pick for any player I like, other than QB - I'm keeping Peyton Manning.

I won't make a decision until I learn where I pick in R2. We'll know that prior to having to name our keepers or trading picks for players. My R2 pick will be a RB, I don't care which WR is staring at me, I'm going RB.

Assume that the following RBs will be kept: Holmes, Tomlinson, Alexander - Edge (same owner), Green, Barber - Lewis (same owner), McGahee - D Davis - J Jones ( same owner), McAllister - Kevin Jones (same owner) and possibly Portis. *note* You can only retain 1 player at that position.

I've looked at the rosters and based on other players that the owners will keep, I think 9 of the RBs listed above will be retained.

So, there is one owner with McGahee, Julius Jones and Dominick Davis. He's already told me he's keeping McGahee. I'm keeping Manning, so depending on whether or not I have a top 2 or 3 pick in Round 2... I'm considering trading that owner my R2 pick for Julius Jones. I could trade my R2 pick for Edge, but I really don't care to give that owner another R2 pick.

If I pick at #19 in R2, I won't get one of the potential studs like Jones, K Jones or Davis. What are your thoughts? Would you trade your R2 pick (if it's later in R2) for Julius Jones, D Davis, Edge, Lewis or Kevin Jones?

I'm leaning towards Orange Julius... share your thoughts, please.

thankee,
MHM

chop
05-21-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm not sure what you're losing. If it's just a rd 2 for one of those players, and it's a player you covet, than it's a no brainer you should do it.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2005, 07:24 PM
I guess I'm more curious in which player you guys think is worth trading for... J Jones, K Jones, D Davis, Edge or Lewis.

I believe each is worthy of either a late R1 or early R2 selection. Since I kind of have my choice, which would you choose?

chop
05-21-2005, 07:27 PM
I guess you will be giving an advantage to another owner by giving them an extra 2nd rd pick. I would definitely wait until you see where you draft and what others actually protect. I've changed my mind, it isn't a no brainer. I'm actually leaning toward just keeping the pick and grabbing the best available. I know I have been no help.

chop
05-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Edge
K. Jones
J. Jones
Lewis
D. Davis

in that order

chop
05-21-2005, 07:30 PM
I really like K. Jones and would be seriously thinking about keeping him just because of his age. The Lions are going to be spreading the offense out this year which will benefit him.

chop
05-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I get to keep two players this year in one of my leagues. Since I have both Manning and Holmes I think my homework is done. Although I would be intersted in seeing what I could get for Holmes. I can't believe I was able to get both of those guys last year. Picking first does have some advantages.

Mile High Mania
05-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Thanks - like I said, if I pick early in R2, I'll keep that pick.

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2005, 10:47 PM
I would go with Edge, K Jones being a close 2nd

NJ Chief Fan
05-21-2005, 11:48 PM
kevin jones over julius jones...you guys cant be serious...that cowboy offense is going to be really good this season

ct
05-22-2005, 08:54 AM
My list, in order:

Julius Jones
Lewis
Edge
D Davis
Kevin Jones

Also depends on your scoring system. The above list assumes basic performance, i.e. 6 pt TD, 1 pt per 10 yds rush/rcv. Edge just doesn't score enough anymore with Peyton audibling to a pass every chance he can.

Now, if you're in a high performance league, with 1 pt per reception, that list changes.

Edge
Julius Jones
D Davis
Lewis
Kevin Jones

Jamal just doesn't get many receptions.

So now you begin your strategy considerations. If you really don't want to give the Alexander/Edge owner another pick, then IMHO Julius Jones is the way to go.

Ultra Peanut
05-22-2005, 08:58 AM
I think you should trade your entire roster for Mike Cloud.

Hydrae
05-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Out of those choces, I agree with those backing Julius Jones. He showed a fair amount last year and I expect Parcells to do his usual smash mouth style of football.

One other thing to consider is keeping the pick (not giving that advantage to another team) and using it for Stephen Jackson. I am surprised he is not on your list but I think he may tend to be under the radar for some reason going into the drafts.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Hydrae... that is another piece that I left out. My current RBs (from 2004) are C Martin, R Droughns, Lamont Jordan, Stephen Jackson and Marshal Faulk.

I'm leaning towards keeping none of these RBs. Martin had a great year last year, but I just can't see a repeat. I think Jordan and Jackson will have great years, but if I can trade for a Julius Jones I'll do it.

I fear Martz not sticking with Jackson as "the" man all the time. He'd be crazy not to work in Faulk, but how much? I just fear keeping any of my RBs right now.

Hydrae
05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
Hydrae... that is another piece that I left out. My current RBs (from 2004) are C Martin, R Droughns, Lamont Jordan, Stephen Jackson and Marshal Faulk.

I'm leaning towards keeping none of these RBs. Martin had a great year last year, but I just can't see a repeat. I think Jordan and Jackson will have great years, but if I can trade for a Julius Jones I'll do it.

I fear Martz not sticking with Jackson as "the" man all the time. He'd be crazy not to work in Faulk, but how much? I just fear keeping any of my RBs right now.

How many keepers do you have total? I know you said only one per position (I think I like that stipulation) but if you don't keep any of the RBs you have now, what other keeper options are you looking at?

I could see sticking with Martin (eh), Jackson (not bad) or Jordan (might be the best of this bunch given the opportunity this year) and using that 2nd round pick on a better quality WR. I know in most leagues RB is more valuable (something my league is looking to try to balance better this year) but like you said before there are certain WR that are just in a higher league fantasywise. Maybe having a couple of "possibles" at RB and a stud at WR would work, especially to start the season.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2005, 04:09 PM
My receivers are Horn, Muhsin, Mason, Burlseon... couple of others.

I'm tempted to retain Horn, but I just can't see me doing that... oh, and we can only keep 2 players.