PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review: Team America

KCChiefsMan
05-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! This movie rocked! The puppets cracked me up, the puppet sex scene was awesome! The way they made the terrorists speak "shaka laka laka" was awesome! I'm not even a big fan of cartoonish comedy but this was a very funny movie from the South Park creators

Miles
05-21-2005, 11:08 PM
F*CK YEAH!

Deberg_1990
05-21-2005, 11:14 PM
I cant wait to watch this. This movie has "Cult Flick" written all over it. IM surprised it ddint do more business in the theaters. I guess it got overshadowed being released a few weeks before the Presidential Elections.

Ghost
05-21-2005, 11:26 PM
While the movie rocks a little "warning" for the weary:

If you are a tight ass and/or believe Hollywood actors are always on the 'right' side of the political fence, do not watch this movie.

KCWolfman
05-21-2005, 11:35 PM
I cant wait to watch this. This movie has "Cult Flick" written all over it. IM surprised it ddint do more business in the theaters. I guess it got overshadowed being released a few weeks before the Presidential Elections.
I don't understand.

Are you stating that people decided to vote and not go to the movies?

Deberg_1990
05-21-2005, 11:37 PM
I don't understand.

Are you stating that people decided to vote and not go to the movies?

hahah..no, I think because of the political nature of the movie, that people avoided it for some reason in the theaters???? I dont know? Maybe it just wasnt marketed very well or people could give a crap about a puppet movie??

Logical
05-21-2005, 11:38 PM

If you are a tight ass and/or believe Hollywood actors are always on the 'right' side of the political fence, do not watch this movie.

I think mainly it is your tight ass warning that is right on. If you don't find humor in this flick just mark yourself as an a constricted Anus.

Reaper16
05-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Politically, it's surprisingly one-sided. It draws you in under the beleif that it's a parody of the right's foregin policy, but it never attacks that angle as hard as it attacks "Hollywood liberals." The theme of the movie, exemplified by the "P*ssies, D*cks, and A**holes" speech, is very sympathetic towards the right.
Parker and Stone must be Libertarian, IMO.

Wrasse
05-21-2005, 11:57 PM
Great flick...had to buy it.

The SO and I still sing the theme and love song out loud to each other.

** appreciates a woman who understands low-brow humor **

CanadianChief
05-22-2005, 12:07 AM
America...f#$k yeah...

Pants
05-22-2005, 12:13 AM
America...f#$k yeah...

"Laka laka laka, muhammed allah jihad"

jeffrho68
05-22-2005, 07:48 AM
The last time I laughed that hard at a movie was "Something About Mary". There are a lot of classic moments in TA - the sex scene, the vomit scene, the "lepoards", and too many others to mention. And Kim Jong Il is absolutely hilarious - he's Cartman with a Korean accent.

Frankie
05-22-2005, 08:53 AM

If you are a tight ass and/or believe Hollywood actors are always on the 'right' side of the political fence, do not watch this movie.Both sides of the American politics were ridiculed in this flick. It's interesting you only saw one side.

Bowser
05-22-2005, 09:36 AM
the vomit scene,

I damned near cried there! "Get out of here, ya drunk polack!"

And Kim Jong Il is absolutely hilarious - he's Cartman with a Korean accent.

"F#ck yew, Hans Brix! I'm bisy here!"

ROFL

trndobrd
05-22-2005, 09:52 AM
Anyone here ready to prove their committment to the team?

HC_Chief
05-22-2005, 11:26 AM
I was lucky enough to see a test screening at the theater before the MPAA made them cut all of the funniest bits out (like the XXX sex scene). I lmao.

It probably didn't fare well at the theaters because they had to trim so much of the movie to get an R rating. FFS, they're marionettes and the MPAA wanted to give it an NC-17?!

Delano
05-22-2005, 04:07 PM
Gary Johnston: We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

Delano
05-22-2005, 04:10 PM
America, **** yeah! Comin' again to save the mother****ing day, yeah! / America, **** yeah! Freedom is the only way, yeah! / Terrorists, your game is through, 'cause now you have to answer to / America, **** yeah! So lick my butt and suck on my balls! / America, **** yeah! What you gonna do when we come for you now!

Frankie
05-22-2005, 05:33 PM
What's the difference between the unrated DVD and the r-rated theatrical release?

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2005, 01:58 AM
ROFL I don't know if I ever laughed so hard at a movie. The vomit. The sex scene. That damn country song. "A heavy ****in' fee, Buck 'O five"! ROFL

BigMeatballDave
05-23-2005, 01:59 AM
What's the difference between the unrated DVD and the r-rated theatrical release?Probably the puppet sex...

Logical
05-23-2005, 02:05 AM
America, **** yeah! Comin' again to save the mother****ing day, yeah! / America, **** yeah! Freedom is the only way, yeah! / Terrorists, your game is through, 'cause now you have to answer to / America, **** yeah! So lick my butt and suck on my balls! / America, **** yeah! What you gonna do when we come for you now!

Brings a tear to the eye, **** yeah!

elvomito
05-23-2005, 02:12 AM
derka derkastan, of course!
cockf*g

Frankie
05-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Probably the puppet sex...

I've heard that too. Something like extra activities in that scene. Is it just extended bedroom scenes or (as in the rumor that I've heard) some added gross activities? :shrug:

HC_Chief
05-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I've heard that too. Something like extra activities in that scene. Is it just extended bedroom scenes or (as in the rumor that I've heard) some added gross activities? :shrug:

They rip through about a dozen different positions in explicit view.... think XXX puppets ;)

That movie made me lol

Frankie
05-23-2005, 09:27 AM
They rip through about a dozen different positions in explicit view.... think XXX puppets ;)

That movie made me lol

I just heard that there's a defecation scene in that. Is there? I hope not. That would be too gross and unfunny.

Deberg_1990
06-08-2005, 08:14 PM
hahah..just got through watching it. Absolute classic!! I loved how it wasnt so much just about Politics, but it also sent up just about every action movie cliche of the past 20 years or so. The songs were hilarious!

"Now suck my C**K Gary!" hahahah..

Baby Lee
06-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Sure a lot of things happening at once,
With mind, everyone whatís going on (whatís going on?)
And with every shot you show a little improvement
just show a bit or it will take to long
thatís called a montage (montage)
Oh we want montage (montage)

HC_Chief
06-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Gary Johnston: We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get ****ed by dicks. But dicks also **** assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can **** an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they **** too much or **** when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us **** this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

I still say this is one of the most brilliant speeches given in modern movie history :D

Dave Lane
06-09-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't understand the gushing for what I thought was an overhyped dog but maybe my expectations were too high going in. Color me unimpressed.

Dave

AirForceChief
06-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I just heard that there's a defecation scene in that. Is there? I hope not. That would be too gross and unfunny.

Well there is...but only after properly set up by a urination (golden shower) scene...so it's all very classy. Okay, maybe gross and disturbing...but very funny. I actually hit the pause button after that scene just to catch my breath and what was left of my sanity.

Frankie
06-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Well there is...but only after properly set up by a urination (golden shower) scene...so it's all very classy. Okay, maybe gross and disturbing...but very funny. I actually hit the pause button after that scene just to catch my breath and what was left of my sanity.
Thanks AFC. Now I know I'll get the theatre release version.

HC_Chief
06-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks AFC. Now I know I'll get the theatre release version.

If you have delicate sensibilities don't rent it.

Frankie
06-09-2005, 12:53 PM
If you have delicate sensibilities don't rent it.

I've seen it in the theater. Funny enough. But golden showers and defecation scenes are not my cup of tea. I can take a certain amount of bathroom humor, but I far prefer Pythonesque stuff.

HC_Chief
06-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I've seen it in the theater. Funny enough. But golden showers and defecation scenes are not my cup of tea. I can take a certain amount of bathroom humor, but I far prefer Pythonesque stuff.

Ahh, dismemberment and showers of blood? :thumb:

You should check out Dead Alive and Bad Taste. Both written & directed by Peter Jackson (LOTR fame)

Deberg_1990
06-09-2005, 09:04 PM
I don't understand the gushing for what I thought was an overhyped dog but maybe my expectations were too high going in. Color me unimpressed.

Dave

Even if you didnt like the jokes or plot, You have to stop and at least admire the brilliant puppets and puppeteering work. I was highly impressed.

IA_Chiefs_fan
06-09-2005, 10:04 PM
One of them is trying to tell us something.
He's saying... "Kiss me."
Smart*ss Motherf**ker!

This was the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time!