PDA

View Full Version : Arrowhead:Where to sit?

KCJake
05-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey guys, going to watch the Eagles vs Chiefs game in Oct. First trip to Arrowhead :drool:

Im browsing ebay for tickets right now. What's the best place to sit?? Ticket price isn't really an issue. This will be my first Arrowhead experience, and I want it to be the best.

Also, know of any good hotels close by?

Count Zarth
05-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Club level.

ZootedGranny
05-22-2005, 12:11 AM
I've sat all over the stadium, and my all time favorite seats were the top level, very first row.

KCJake
05-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Looking on seatdata.com the club level looks nice. Im surprised none of you said, section 101,102,118,117, etc. Wouldn't closer be better?

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 12:33 AM
The best I've ever been able to do was field level 20 yard line row 20. And those were my season tickets two years before Marty got there. Those seats are probably worth a fortune now.

KChiefsQT
05-22-2005, 01:45 AM
I went to Arrowhead for the first time ever last year. The stadium is really layed out so theres not a "bad" seat in the house. It was such a crazy environment...I loved it- YOU WILL TOO!!! As for hotels, we stayed right across the street from Arrowhead and the Clarion Hotel. Have fun!!!!!!!!!

Rausch
05-22-2005, 03:24 AM
I'm going twice in OCT (Bday is 23rd) so I'll probably see you there.

I owe Dartgod (absent lately) some good BBQ and drink anyway...

tk13
05-22-2005, 03:41 AM
Looking on seatdata.com the club level looks nice. Im surprised none of you said, section 101,102,118,117, etc. Wouldn't closer be better?
It depends on what you want to see. Some people would like to be right down near the field in the middle of everything, some like the endzones, and others like to be above the action watching the whole play unfold like you were looking at a chessboard. Personally for me I like to be as close to the 50 as possible, doesn't really matter where. In baseball I like to be in the upper deck right behind home plate, whereas most people would probably like to be as close to the field as possible. Everybody's different.

Nelson Muntz
05-22-2005, 08:27 AM
It depends on what you want to see. Some people would like to be right down near the field in the middle of everything, some like the endzones, and others like to be above the action watching the whole play unfold like you were looking at a chessboard. Personally for me I like to be as close to the 50 as possible, doesn't really matter where. In baseball I like to be in the upper deck right behind home plate, whereas most people would probably like to be as close to the field as possible. Everybody's different.

One game I sat on the top row of the upper deck on the Chiefs side closest to the little building up there, which is right on the 50 and those were still really good seats.

Herzig
05-22-2005, 08:36 AM
Anywhere but the endzones. I don't like to get teased by the Chiefs coming my way, then the quarter ends, they go the other way and you have to watch the Jumbotron.

I've been to 19 games and bought most of my tickets from scalpers. Anywhere between the 30 yard lines are great seats. I've sat on the front rows in the upper and lower decks...those were great seats too.

jspchief
05-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Club Level is the most expensive, so you can imagine the type of people up there. They like to bitch about how much they spend year in and year out to see the team lose. The upside is it's a "private" level so the lines at bathrooms and concessions are shorter than the othet two levels IMO.

Upper Deck is where you're going to get a lot of fans that are there to party. A lot more first timers, opposing fans, etc.

Lower Level is like a combo of the two levels above it. The closer you are to the middle of the field, the more "whine and cheese" fans you'll get. The end zones like to party more, and won't make you feel guilty about standing a lot.

If I had to recommend, I'd probably list the following things to look for:
1. Aisle seats. If you go to the concessions or piss a lot, these are very nice. If you don't drink, this may not be a big consideration.
2. Proximity. I love being down in the heart of it, so I like LL. If you sit club, it's only about 20 rows anyway, so it doesn't matter. If you are upper deck, try and get front row.

I'd say LL end zone out to about the 15 or 20 is really good, and should be easy to find for a reasonable price.

HC_Chief
05-22-2005, 10:30 AM
Luxury box seating is the best (ie Club Level). Private bathrooms, catered food & drink, excellent view.... only problem is the loudspeakers in the section. For whatever reason, they put these overpowering speakers up there and point them directly at the seats. It's frigging torture.

dtebbe
05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
I would say anywhere except club (aka wine & cheezer) level. I sat there once and actually had someone complain that I was standing up and yelling too much (Can you imagine????). I do like lower level, but upper level is fine too.

I may still have upper level (Sec 327 Row 26) seats for that game. Let me know if you are interested.

If you want to stay on the cheap, stay at the Motel 6 in Blue Springs. You walk one block and catch the chiefs express bus that takes you right to the front of the stadium for $7.

DT

Nzoner
05-22-2005, 03:25 PM
As a couple of others have stated it depends on what kind of experience you're looking for.If having some cold beers,standing whenever you want,yelling your ass off and banging on the back of the chairs etc sounds like a good time I'd suggest Nzone 338 or in the vicinity.

KCJake
05-22-2005, 04:11 PM
Sounds like the club level is the "nicest" place to be. Although, I do like to yell and scream a little. I think I will look for something in the lower level, between the 30 yard lines.

Thanks guys

chiefbowe82
08-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Just don't sit to close in the lower level, my first game i went to i sat on the 50 yard line row 1. I would suggest that you sit atleast 10 or more rows up, if your from one 30 to the other you can't be to high up. Club Level seats will be hard to find at a reasonable price. The upper deck isn't even a bad choice if you have a nice sidline view and are within the first 10 rows

greg63
08-09-2006, 01:03 AM
Middle level. ;)

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Middle level. ;)

Top row right under the lights in a lightning storm. Perfect seats. :thumb:

Logical
08-09-2006, 01:07 AM
I've sat all over the stadium, and my all time favorite seats were the top level, very first row.Other than to add between the 40s this covers it.

greg63
08-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Top row right under the lights in a lightning storm. Perfect seats. :thumb:

ROFL ROFL

...Electrifying!!!!

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:09 AM
ROFL ROFL

...Electrifying!!!!

Don't laught. I sat there for the monsoon game against Seattle.

greg63
08-09-2006, 01:17 AM
Don't laught. I sat there for the monsoon game against Seattle.

Yeah, that had to be hair raising. ...And I wouldn't dreamin of laughting. :D

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah, that had to be hair raising. ...And I wouldn't dreamin of laughting. :D
Suuuuuure you wouldn't. :p

greg63
08-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Suuuuuure you wouldn't. :p

No really; I don't think I've ever laught.

Miles
08-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Of the few times I have been my favorite would be as close to the 50 as you can get on the first level, but the last few rows deep. You are still pretty close to the field but are far enough away to see more of the plays unfold. Also is really handy if it rains since you are under the overhang.

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:28 AM
Of the few times I have been my favorite would be as close to the 50 as you can get on the first level, but the last few rows deep. You are still pretty close to the field but are far enough away to see more of the plays unfold. Also is really handy if it rains since you are under the overhang.

yeah, rub it it in why don't ya. :cuss: :p

greg63
08-09-2006, 01:29 AM
ROFL
Oh, he will.

Miles
08-09-2006, 01:31 AM

We beat the broncos late in the season back when Elway was playing. Only time I had decent seats ;)

Logical
08-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Of the few times I have been my favorite would be as close to the 50 as you can get on the first level, but the last few rows deep. You are still pretty close to the field but are far enough away to see more of the plays unfold. Also is really handy if it rains since you are under the overhang.Definitely great seats but tough ones to get your hands on.

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:51 AM
We beat the broncos late in the season back when Elway was playing. Only time I had decent seats ;)
And what does that have to do with keeping the rain off of ya? :spock:

Miles
08-09-2006, 01:53 AM
And what does that have to do with keeping the rain off of ya? :spock:

Freezing rain/sleet in December. Not as easy to rub in.

Guru
08-09-2006, 01:56 AM
Freezing rain/sleet in December.

Lucky you. Nothing like a good shower during a game. Of course, it was more like sitting in a bathtub. ROFL

Miles
08-09-2006, 01:58 AM
Lucky you. Nothing like a good shower during a game. Of course, it was more like sitting in a bathtub. ROFL

Depends if you did enough tail gating befor the game. If you get the job done rain isn't that big of a deal if its not cold.

Guru
08-09-2006, 02:35 AM
Depends if you did enough tail gating befor the game. If you get the job done rain isn't that big of a deal if its not cold.

Hell, I loved every minute of that game. I brought my plastic sheet and was plenty dry. Unlike my neighbors.... Guy brought his girlfriend and didn't bring anything to keep them semi dry. Needless to say, I offered some help to her since she was next to me. :evil:

KcKing
08-09-2006, 04:51 AM
I like the endzones... Stand and scream the whole game, and nobody cares... Because they are standing and trying to outscream you...