PDA

View Full Version : COX is getting the NFL Network!!!

Vegas_Dave
05-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Just got an e-mail announcing that COX cable will soon be adding the NFL Network... Ahhhhhhhhh

Saggysack
05-22-2005, 11:43 AM
I wonder if that is just a local/state/region decision. I haven't heard anything from COX in KS about them having NFL Network.

Ari Chi3fs
05-22-2005, 11:46 AM
come on TWC. You dirty bastards...

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2005, 12:31 PM
I just wish Season Ticket was available from somebody besides DTV.

Thig Lyfe
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
come on TWC. You dirty bastards...

I agree. WTF is their problem.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2005, 12:47 PM
TWC just "traded" kansas city area cable to cox for houston

so if you live in kc, your gonna get the "cox" soon ROFL

Deberg_1990
05-22-2005, 02:12 PM
I just wish Season Ticket was available from somebody besides DTV.

Yea, im curious how long their current deal with Direct TV lasts???

Rain Man
05-22-2005, 02:14 PM
Congrats, cdcox.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2005, 02:33 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1918761

DirecTV also extended its deal with the league through 2010 for the Sunday Ticket package. The satellite distributor will pay $3.5 billion for the five-year extension.

TopJet2
05-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Cox Kansas is launching nfl network as of june 30

TopJet2
05-22-2005, 02:52 PM
TWC just "traded" kansas city area cable to cox for houston

so if you live in kc, your gonna get the "cox" soon ROFL

where'd you hear that? I didnt think cox had houston.

dtebbe
05-22-2005, 03:52 PM
Cox well, are Cox.

DT

dtebbe
05-22-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm thinking the current deal is thru 2010.

DT

VonneMarie
05-22-2005, 03:54 PM
Gawd, I hate TWC. :mad:

BIG_DADDY
05-22-2005, 04:09 PM

I think they just redid their deal I think they have it for at least 3 more years.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2005, 04:17 PM
where'd you hear that? I didnt think cox had houston.
newspaper in kc ... they mentioned several areas

i might be incorrect about houston ... they are supposed to be trading some area for KC though.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2005, 04:27 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1918761

DirecTV also extended its deal with the league through 2010 for the Sunday Ticket package. The satellite distributor will pay $3.5 billion for the five-year extension.I'm thinking the current deal is thru 2010.

DTI think they just redid their deal I think they have it for at least 3 more years.

:hmmm:

GMitch
05-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Cox in Oklahoma City announced this. I'll have to upgrade to digital cable to get it though. Don't know if it's worth it just to get NFL Network. :hmmm: Not much else on their digital channels I'm interested in.

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Cocks sux.

Pants
05-22-2005, 08:12 PM
I like my TWC, I don't want shitty Cox.

TopJet2
05-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey Skip, you got a return address for all these directv dishes Ive been taking off peoples houses? They are really piling up.

Skip Towne
05-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Hey Skip, you got a return address for all these directv dishes Ive been taking off peoples houses? They are really piling up.
Just do what we do with your digital cable boxes. Wrap the cord around them and lean them up against the wall.

Pants
05-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Just do what we do with your digital cable boxes. Wrap the cord around them and lean them up against the wall.

Cable > Satellite

It's common knowledge, Skip. I'm surprised you didn't know that. :)

ZootedGranny
05-22-2005, 08:58 PM
I haven't heard anything about the Kansas City market going to another cable provider. I know Comcast and Time Warner both bought Adelphia, and part of the financial arrangement included swapping different markets between Comcast and TW, but none of the swaps affect Kansas City.

Mr. Laz
05-22-2005, 10:36 PM
I haven't heard anything about the Kansas City market going to another cable provider. I know Comcast and Time Warner both bought Adelphia, and part of the financial arrangement included swapping different markets between Comcast and TW, but none of the swaps affect Kansas City.

this is the initial story i think ... and i'm pretty sure that the story i read in the Star newspaper the other day said the switch had been decided.

--------------------------
http://kansascity.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/2005/05/09/daily25.html

Exec: Comcast might get all of Time Warner Cable in KC
Comcast Corp. could take full ownership of Time Warner Cable's Kansas City operations in 2006, a top Comcast official said.

Comcast co-CFO Larry Smith said at an analyst presentation Tuesday that Time Warner Cable probably will buy out stakes Comcast has in Texas properties the two companies co-own.

That would allow Comcast to do a deal to raise its 50 percent silent ownership of Time Warner Cable in Kansas City into full ownership.

The companies have established a trigger in June 2006 that allows one party to force a breakup. The non-triggering party would get its choice between taking the Kansas City operations and a cable property in southwest Texas, or a Houston property.

"More likely than not, what will happen come June of 2006, we'll pull the trigger," Smith said. "When we pull the trigger, we'll put a value on the asset. It's very clear that Time Warner wants HoustonIt's quite probable that unless we put too high a price on Houston, that they will end up getting Houston ,and we'll end up with southwest Texas and Kansas City.".

He said Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA) plans to swap its Dallas property for Time Warner Cable operations in Florida and Virginia as part of a separate transaction in the companies' $17.6 billion bid to buy Adelphia Communications Corp.

That swap could alter the Kansas City deal, he said.

"Basically we're not interested in having assets in southwest Texas since we traded them Dallas," Smith said.

Comcast serves Eastern Jackson County and parts of Olathe. Time Warner Cable serves the balance of the Kansas City area.

Comcast inherited its 50 percent stake when it bought AT&T Broadband in 2002. Time Warner Cable's Kansas City operations employ about 900 people.

Time Warner Cable officials deferred questions to parent company Time Inc. An official there declined to comment.

2005 American City Business Journals Inc.

ZootedGranny
05-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I hope that doesn't end up being the case. A friend has Comcast, and while it has NFL Network, from their internet service to their cable boxes down to their on-tv gui, they are hot garbage in comparison to TW.

whoman69
05-22-2005, 11:52 PM
Great, I'm in an area originally served by Cox that was sold to AT&T but is now run by Mediacom. I will bet they are nowhere close to getting it.