PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else catch Gannon on NFl total Access???

Big Chief Homer
05-22-2005, 10:42 AM
sorry if re-post

I missed the first part,but when i walked in the room I could have sworn I heard Lincoln Kennedy ask him..

"so if the chiefs dont put you back under center" he talked about not wanting to coach and stuff like that after the question.

Then in the interview with King Carl...

CP says"Rich cant wait to see you in training camp"

WTF...are they bringing him in for a look at 3rd string????

I dont know how i would feel about that from a football standpoint,but man I think he should think about stepping away from a medical view.He gets blind sided one more time.His head might come flying off.

Anyone heard Anything???

thanks BCH

bishop_74
05-22-2005, 10:59 AM
uhhh, that's crazy talk man.

Bob Dole
05-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Bob Dole heard the training camp comment earlier in the week and just assumed Gannon was covering camp for the network or something.

Mile High Mania
05-22-2005, 12:18 PM
I believe Bobchief is correct, Peterson was referring to seeing Gannon at camp when he shows up to cover the team.

The funny thing about the Peterson remark was when he mentioned Gannon should be in the HOF. Riiiiggghhht.

Rain Man
05-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Rich punts a little, doesn't he?

4th and Long
05-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Rich punts a little, doesn't he?
ROFL ROFL ROFL

lawrenceRaider
05-22-2005, 12:38 PM
I believe Bobchief is correct, Peterson was referring to seeing Gannon at camp when he shows up to cover the team.

The funny thing about the Peterson remark was when he mentioned Gannon should be in the HOF. Riiiiggghhht.

I'm not saying that Rich should be in the HOF, but he did put together a 3 year stretch that matches any QB in the history of the league. Just think what his career stats might have been if Rich had been given a chance earlier in his career to run the WCO which is tailor made to his physical and mental abilities. I have to say that while I was not overly excited when Rich came to Oakland, I have never been happier with a poor personel decision made by the Che fs. In hind-sight, Queen Carl realizes that he had his Superbowl QB on the roster during the mid-90's and if Rich had played then, the Chiefs would have likely owned at least one if not two Lombardy trophies.

LR

milkman
05-22-2005, 12:49 PM
In hind-sight, Queen Carl realizes that he had his Superbowl QB on the roster during the mid-90's and if Rich had played then, the Chiefs would have likely owned at least one if not two Lombardy trophies.

LR

In spite of the fact that I can't stand the noodle armed vaginal piece of shit, I will agree that he was a better QB than any we had on our roster between Montana and Green.

However, as long as Marty was the HC, the Chiefs didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of sniffing a Lombardi.

Rain Man
05-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I'm not saying that Rich should be in the HOF, but he did put together a 3 year stretch that matches any QB in the history of the league. Just think what his career stats might have been if Rich had been given a chance earlier in his career to run the WCO which is tailor made to his physical and mental abilities. I have to say that while I was not overly excited when Rich came to Oakland, I have never been happier with a poor personel decision made by the Che fs. In hind-sight, Queen Carl realizes that he had his Superbowl QB on the roster during the mid-90's and if Rich had played then, the Chiefs would have likely owned at least one if not two Lombardy trophies.

LR

Yeah, it's hard to believe that we gave up a quarterback who would later throw passes for five touchdowns in a Super Bowl.

Big Chief Homer
05-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Bob Dole heard the training camp comment earlier in the week and just assumed Gannon was covering camp for the network or something.

oh good,i was getting alittle worried there for a minute.where I think I would be more comfortable with gannon than huard.Im glad to see hes giving it up.

Bwana
05-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah, it's hard to believe that we gave up a quarterback who would later throw passes for five touchdowns in a Super Bowl.

ROFL

lawrenceRaider
05-22-2005, 02:34 PM
ROFL

Funny that you make fun of a QB that has been to a superbowl in the last 35 years. When was the last time the Chiefs even sniffed a playoff win, let alone even play in a superbowl?

lawrenceRaider
05-22-2005, 02:36 PM
In spite of the fact that I can't stand the noodle armed vaginal piece of shit, I will agree that he was a better QB than any we had on our roster between Montana and Green.

However, as long as Marty was the HC, the Chiefs didn't have a snowball's chance in Hell of sniffing a Lombardi.

There are good arguments that Gannon is better than Green as well. Compare their best statistical seasons, or even better yet their career passer ratings.

milkman
05-22-2005, 04:17 PM
There are good arguments that Gannon is better than Green as well. Compare their best statistical seasons, or even better yet their career passer ratings.

Too many variables to make stat comparisons invalid, IMO.

Gannon as a Raider had a better group of receivers than Green has had to work with.
I would venture to guess that Morton and Kennison have dropped more passes individually in one season than Rice and Brown combined in 3 seasons.

Add in the fact that a far larger percentage of Gannon's passes have traveled 15 yards or less than Green's, and you can get some misleading comparisons.

What Gannon did, he did well, but I wouldn't trade Green at the top of his game in this offense, straight up for Gannon at the top of his.

Gannon simply didn't have the arm strength to excel in this O.