PDA

View Full Version : Attention Springfield Music Fans

JimNasium
05-24-2005, 09:53 AM
The Blues Society of the Ozarks has just announced the lineup for the 2005 Greater Ozarks Blues Festival which is to be held on September 9th and 10th. The have a great lineup this year highlighted by Buddy Guy on Saturday night! Getting a blues legend like Guy into Springfield is a major coup and trust me, you will not be dissappointed by his show. Here's the festival website for those of you that are interested: 2005 Greater Ozarks Blues Festival. (http://www.greaterozarksbluesfest.com/index.php)

P.S. - The Friday night headliner is Tommy Castro.

Bob Dole
05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Not only a coup, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $50k.

Or at least, that was the price quoted to play in Texas the next afternoon...

JimNasium
05-24-2005, 10:05 AM
Not only a coup, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $50k.

Or at least, that was the price quoted to play in Texas the next afternoon...
I have no idea about the financials of the deal. I was just happy to have a chance to see him. BTW Senator, I got to see a south Texas guy on Saturday night. Have you ever heard of Hamilton Loomis? He put on one hell of a show.

Bob Dole
05-24-2005, 10:15 AM
I have no idea about the financials of the deal. I was just happy to have a chance to see him. BTW Senator, I got to see a south Texas guy on Saturday night. Have you ever heard of Hamilton Loomis? He put on one hell of a show.

Name sounds vaguely familiar, but Bob Dole hasn't seen him.

If you don't get enough blues on the 9th and 10th, you can drive 8 hours south and catch Big Jack Johnson on Sunday afternoon.

JimNasium
05-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Name sounds vaguely familiar, but Bob Dole hasn't seen him.

If you don't get enough blues on the 9th and 10th, you can drive 8 hours south and catch Big Jack Johnson on Sunday afternoon.
Wow, now that's tempting. Will you be available as a drinking mentor?

Bob Dole
05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
Wow, now that's tempting. Will you be available as a drinking mentor?

Of course. Free lodging, even.

Still working out some minor contractual details of the show, but it's pretty close to being confirmed. There's going to be 3 or 4 hours worth of local and regional entertainment as well.