PDA

View Full Version : JAZZFEST 2005 Sioux Falls, SD (July 15-16)

Mr. Kotter
05-24-2005, 11:01 AM
http://www.jazzfestsiouxfalls.com/performers.php

Admission is "free"....This year's line-up includes:

Main Stage
Friday
6pm Kelley Hunt
8pm Joe Bonamassa
10pm Buddy Guy
Saturday
12pm SD Jazz Orchestra
1:30pm Guitar Boy
3pm Dotsero
4:45pm Claudia AcuŽna
6:30pm Greyhounds
8:20pm Tommy Castro Band
10pm KWS (Kenny Wayne Shepherd)

2nd Stage
Friday
6pm Stallions
7:45pm Violet
Saturday
12pm Hailey Soyland Band
1:20pm DNR
2:50pm Greenhouse Funk
4:20pm That's the Time
5:50pm Jazz Portraits
7:50pm Red Road

http://www.jazzfestsiouxfalls.com/performers.php

I know mid-July is popular for family vacations, but for those interested in a weekend of good music, food, and fun, it's been a really good time in the past.

Cntrygal, Jazzlovr, and Saulbadguy attended last year--and I think they enjoyed themselves. Jazzlovr, Darkwolf, Cntrygal and Saul have indicated they may make it back this year. There are three or four other "locals" from the Planet (or nearby) who I'm going to PM to see if we can make an event of it.

Anyone else who is interested would be welcome. If you'd like suggestions for other "tourist" activities, restaurants, or hotels, PM me and I can get you some info.

Jenson71
05-24-2005, 11:07 AM
How big is Sioux Falls now?

Mr. Kotter
05-24-2005, 11:11 AM
How big is Sioux Falls now?

Town is 125,000; area is approaching 170,000.

chagrin
05-24-2005, 11:16 AM
After first glance, I thought that I would rather go to a Cajun Food Fest in Michigan's U.P. but after reading the lineup, it looks like it might be pretty okay!

Mr. Kotter
05-24-2005, 11:27 AM
After first glance, I thought that I would rather go to a Cajun Food Fest in Michigan's U.P. but after reading the lineup, it looks like it might be pretty okay!

I appreciate Jazz, but am not a huge fan....I'm told they do a great job with the line-up, although I don't recognize as many of the bands this year.

Best part is it's "free" admission... :)

NewChief
05-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Aren't a lot of those artists a little more blues than jazz?

Mr. Kotter
05-24-2005, 11:29 AM

Probably....it's a "Jazz and Blues Festival" technically.

chagrin
05-24-2005, 11:32 AM

Yep, but I haven't been to a jazzfest yet where they broke out some Miles Davis Trumpet, or any REAL Jazz at all. It's all blues and blues/jazz fusion now. Kind of misleading as a trio with a stand up Bass, Trombone and piano will not be showing up on stage I think...

Mr. Kotter, if it's free, that does make a huge diff, obviously

Mr. Kotter
06-30-2005, 10:46 PM
Bump

Nzoner
06-30-2005, 10:51 PM
Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Saturday night sounds very tempting and by then I'm going to need a weekend away.

I'll let you know.

Mr. Kotter
06-30-2005, 10:54 PM
Kenny Wayne Shepherd on Saturday night sounds very tempting and by then I'm going to need a weekend away.

I'll let you know.

Should be a good time; and it's "free." :)

I've made it to St. Joe in just over 4 hours with an six minute pee break.

htismaqe
07-01-2005, 05:34 AM
I might have to stop in and see you Sucks Falls freaks...I have to meet with Midland sometime that week...

Saulbadguy
07-01-2005, 05:44 AM
I'll be there. Got my hotel booked.

ptlyon
07-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I might have to stop in and see you Sucks Falls freaks...I have to meet with Midland sometime that week...

When you come through my lovely town, stop and have a beverage.

Saulbadguy
07-01-2005, 06:54 AM
Sioux City smells like ass.

ptlyon
07-01-2005, 06:55 AM

I'll let you know.

You too Joe

ptlyon
07-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Sioux City smells like ass.

Mainly because of the beautiful sewage treatment plant that greets you as you come in from the South.

Also the Swift plant right along I-29 as you come into town.

ptlyon
07-01-2005, 06:58 AM
I'll be there. Got my hotel booked.

Oh and I guess you can stop in too Saul - if you can stand the smell.

ROFL

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 08:00 PM

Cool. Just PM me.... :)

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 08:01 PM
When you come through my lovely town, stop and have a beverage.

You and your bro given any thought to making it on Saturday for the Festival? :hmmm:

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Mainly because of the beautiful sewage treatment plant that greets you as you come in from the South.

Also the Swift plant right along I-29 as you come into town.

Regardless, it's too bad; I spent a couple days down there last Spring....wasn't half bad.

mlyonsd
07-01-2005, 08:10 PM
You and your bro given any thought to making it on Saturday for the Festival? :hmmm:

I'd seriously give it consideration if I didn't go on call that Friday. My wife loves Jazz.

We're going to be running the 37 Forever first annual cookoff in October though if you can make it.

Mr. Kotter
07-01-2005, 08:34 PM
I'd seriously give it consideration if I didn't go on call that Friday. My wife loves Jazz.

We're going to be running the 37 Forever first annual cookoff in October though if you can make it.

I'm gonna be there for the weekend--not sure precisely what events I'll make. go bo is threatening me with bodily harm if I don't make it to Joe's though.... :(

mlyonsd
07-01-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna be there for the weekend--not sure precisely what events I'll make. go bo is threatening me with bodily harm if I don't make it to Joe's though.... :(

Well, the Cookoff is scheduled for Saturday night....keep it in mind. More to follow when arrangements have been made.

Nzoner
07-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Well, the Cookoff is scheduled for Saturday night....keep it in mind. More to follow when arrangements have been made.

I hope the cook-off is scheduled for Saturday or we're gonna have some very hungry people.

Nzoner
07-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Looks like I won't be making it after all,as I just got word that ZZ Top will be playing St Joe that weekend.

go bowe
07-02-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna be there for the weekend--not sure precisely what events I'll make. go bo is threatening me with bodily harm if I don't make it to Joe's though.... :(that wasn't me...

it was that molehill bill guy...

or kcj...

or chiefs4me...

i'm just a big ol' cuddly sweetheart... (ok, work with me here)

go bowe
07-02-2005, 12:16 AM
Looks like I won't be making it after all,as I just got word that ZZ Top will be playing St Joe that weekend.better get your tickets quick...

and enjoy yourself when you go to the concert, will ya?

(like you would do anything else... :D )

Nzoner
07-02-2005, 12:34 AM
better get your tickets quick...

and enjoy yourself when you go to the concert, will ya?

(like you would do anything else... :D )

Ok I'm totally focking confused here.A customer told me today ZZ Top was playing St Joe on the 16th but they're also supposed to be in Columbia that night.

One site I went to says Mizzou and another says St Joe and I've been so busy with fireworks I have lost track of everything.

Hopefully,I'll find out something for sure in the morning.

Cntrygal
07-02-2005, 08:12 AM
COOL! I have a followup for my eyes on the 15th - but I'll call and see if I can get that moved up to the 14th.

Can I still have a place to crash? I promise to let your kids think they can beat up on me. :D

Skip Towne
07-02-2005, 08:20 AM
Should be a good time; and it's "free." :)

I've made it to St. Joe in just over 4 hours with an six minute pee break.
You can pee for six minutes? Damn, who are you Rich Scanlon?

Mr. Kotter
07-02-2005, 09:09 AM
Looks like I won't be making it after all,as I just got word that ZZ Top will be playing St Joe that weekend.

Seriously? :spock:

To hell with Jazzfest, can you get an extra ticket?

Jk, Joe....if you can't make it, have a good time at ZZ Top. :D

Mr. Kotter
07-02-2005, 09:12 AM
COOL! I have a followup for my eyes on the 15th - but I'll call and see if I can get that moved up to the 14th.

Can I still have a place to crash? I promise to let your kids think they can beat up on me. :D

Sure, it'll be good to have you again. The house is still undergoing some "remodeling" of sorts, if you can work with it....

I'll warn you though, the kids eat like horses and are bigger and stronger this year...the three oldest ones are monsters; and the youngest has "potential" stamped all over him....heh. :p

Mr. Kotter
07-02-2005, 09:16 AM
You can pee for six minutes? Damn, who are you Rich Scanlon?

Eh, it was only 3 minutes of peeing; one minute trip to the john and another back, and a minute to wash up..... :)

Cntrygal
07-02-2005, 09:22 AM
Sure, it'll be good to have you again. The house is still undergoing some "remodeling" of sorts, if you can work with it....

I'll warn you though, the kids eat like horses and are bigger and stronger this year...the three oldest ones are monsters; and the youngest has "potential" stamped all over him....heh. :p

Yeah, well... I didn't just spend 5 months with my arm in a cast either. :D

Mr. Kotter
07-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Yeah, well... I didn't just spend 5 months with my arm in a cast either. :D
Hey, my 9 yr old boy kicked your ass, fair and square, last year. The 6 yr old girl ought to be able to take you this year...heh.

Mr. Kotter
07-04-2005, 10:01 PM
Saul, Countrygal:

Looks like kclee is gonna try to join us; also, Jazzzlovr (and Darkwolf) is gonna make it again too. :)

Cntrygal
07-09-2005, 08:21 AM
Hey, my 9 yr old boy kicked your ass, fair and square, last year. The 6 yr old girl ought to be able to take you this year...heh.

:mad:

Saul, Countrygal:

Looks like kclee is gonna try to join us; also, Jazzzlovr (and Darkwolf) is gonna make it again too. :)

Is everyone going to make both nights or just one of them?

Saulbadguy
07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
I'll be there both nights.

Nzoner
07-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Ok,ZZ Top is definitely playing that night in Columbia and thanks to Jim Nasium I'll be there on the 6th row.

You guys have a good time,and if you haven't seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd,get ready,he kicks ass.

Skip Towne
07-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm not going if Saul is going to be there.

Saulbadguy
07-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Afraid you will want to take me home? :D

Skip Towne
07-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Ok,ZZ Top is definitely playing that night in Columbia and thanks to Jim Nasium I'll be there on the 6th row.

You guys have a good time,and if you haven't seen Kenny Wayne Shepherd,get ready,he kicks ass.
Yeah, that sounds like "Diamond Jim" Nasium. I'll bet he stole those tickets.

Delano
07-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I was asked to work the event for the park department this year.

Unfortunately I have to work both nights and I'm pretty sure I'll be in charge of the beer tent's cleanliness. So if all the hotties in skirts ain't temptation enough, the alcohol will be.

Maybe I can stop by during a break or something.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2005, 11:55 AM
:mad:

Is everyone going to make both nights or just one of them?

You are welcome to stay both nights, certainly.

I'm planning on going both nights, I think (the family is going to the cabin with the in-laws, so I'm bachin' it for the weekend.) I think Saul is in town for the weekend. I'm not sure about Jazzzlovr and Darkwolf--sounds like Saturday for sure though. kclee lives in town, and I'm suppose to update him this week. Delano may catch us on his "break" as he is working the event. mlyonsd and ptlyon have other plans/obligations.

I'll post details here Monday or Tuesday night, and probably send out a PM to you guys too.

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2005, 11:56 AM

Well, maybe next year then. Enjoy ZZ Top....that will be great. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
07-09-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm not going if Saul is going to be there.

Eh, he's a Teddy bear; and I suspect you are too....git that motorized wheelchair on I-29...you can make it by Friday night.

I got an insulated doghouse out back you can sleep in.

Mr. Kotter
07-11-2005, 09:14 PM
OK, tentative plans:

How about happy hour, at Old Chicago 4 pm Friday. Anyone that wishes to join me, you would be welcome. I'll be the guy in a Chief's sport shirt, and black Chief's hat. Saul, kclee, others?

After 5 or 6 pm or so, we can head to the festival....via shuttle from one of the parking locations. Bring bug spray, and chairs or blanket. Admission is free. Beer and wine coolers, Mike's Lemonade type beverages, are available, though not cheap. Otherwise, a flask with your drink of choice works too, if that's your pleasure (unless Nzoner's nemesis is a bouncer)....heh.

If you need a floor to crash on, my basement is clean and spacious--as long as Countrygal doesn't mind (actually, she could sleep in my girl's room since they aren't home.) Saturday, I'm thinking of heading over to the festival sometime in the mid afternoon. Bring sunscreen and shades, along with the chair and bug spray. We'll plan to meet at Champ's at 2 pm, I'm wear another Chief's shirt, and the black Chief's cap. We'll leave for the festival a bit after 3 pm, unless you wanna go earlier.

Thoughts, suggestions, comments....welcome. I'll PM those I know are coming later in the week. :)

Cntrygal
07-12-2005, 08:35 AM
I scared your kids, didn't I? :(

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I scared your kids, didn't I? :(

Not at all, they (Chris and Katie, anyway) are trying to talk mom into driving back to town from the cabin for part of a day, just to see you....but I doubt the wife will cave in. She'd like to see you again too, but 3 hours of driving (round trip) on the weekend, so Chris and Katie can beat you up? She might though... :)

mlyonsd
07-12-2005, 08:42 AM
I get to spend the weekend in lovely Springdale, AR working.....maybe next year.

Saulbadguy
07-12-2005, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure WTF is going on yet. We'll be up Friday afternoon, but I doubt i'll be able to do anything then. Saturday should work.

Rob, PM me your phone number please. (preferably cell, heh) I'll give you a call when i'm up there.

Kclee
07-12-2005, 09:23 AM
OK, tentative plans:

How about happy hour, at Old Chicago 4 pm Friday. Anyone that wishes to join me, you would be welcome. I'll be the guy in a Chief's sport shirt, and black Chief's hat. Saul, kclee, others?

Yep, I should be able to get off work at be there around 4. I'm heading out to play poker later so I'll have to miss all the Jazz. Will you be at the bar or at a table? And I'll buy the first round.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Yep, I should be able to get off work at be there around 4. I'm heading out to play poker later so I'll have to miss all the Jazz. Will you be at the bar or at a table? And I'll buy the first round.

I should be able to get a table.

FTR, if you aren't big on Jazz, neither am I....but the whole experience is kinda fun (hangin' with folks, people watchin', good food, other distractions....coupled with adult beverages make it a good time), so maybe you can join us Saturday if you have plans for Friday night.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure WTF is going on yet. We'll be up Friday afternoon, but I doubt i'll be able to do anything then. Saturday should work.

Rob, PM me your phone number please. (preferably cell, heh) I'll give you a call when i'm up there.

Will do.

Mr. Kotter
07-12-2005, 09:29 AM
I get to spend the weekend in lovely Springdale, AR working.....maybe next year.

Cool. We'll see you that Redskins weekend too.

Kclee
07-12-2005, 09:42 AM
I should be able to get a table.

FTR, if you aren't big on Jazz, neither am I....but the whole experience is kinda fun (hangin' with folks, people watchin', good food, other distractions....coupled with adult beverages make it a good time), so maybe you can join us Saturday if you have plans for Friday night.

Yeah, not big on the Jazz. I'll PM you later when I know what's going on Sat. I hope to at least get out to the bar again Sat. Champps make a great Vodka Sour.

Cntrygal
07-12-2005, 10:29 AM
Ditto on what Mr. Kotter says...

Last year was the first time I ever really had anything to do with Jazz. And the most important thing to know is that Mr. Kotter is great at keeping up with getting the drinks.

:D

(but it was lots of fun to sit and watch some of the people and talk)

Mr. Kotter
07-17-2005, 10:35 AM
The after-action report from Jazzfest...mostly true, anyway....heh. Then I'm off to the lake for a couple of days:

Thanks to those who came--kclee, Cntrygal, Saul and his lady, Jazzlovr, and Dark Wolf; I hope everyone had a good time....maybe we'll get some others to join us next year.

Friday: Cntrygal (Nicole Kidman's sister!), hungover... from a night of boozin' and beatin' up pansy-assed sh*t-talkin' Dart players....oversleeps Friday morning.....at 10:30 am, "ah shit" races out of her house at Ellsworth eager for her 5.5 hour drive to SF....4.5 hours later, she's sittin' at the bar at Old Chicago (hopin' the numerous highway patrolmen she blew by in the constructions zones haven't followed her)....sippin' her second 7/7 wonderin' "I drove 4.5 hours for what? Where the fugg are these jokers?" Meanwhile, she's fightin' off advances from an obnoxious Cliff Klaven to her left, and an effeminate Leonardo DiCaprio on her right.

"Let's see, Rob said....red shirt, black cap....WTF? There must be 30 of those fuggers here!" SF Storm fans (arena FB team) are meeting for a road trip to play Omaha.....wearing red shirts, many with black caps. Rob stumbles in 10 minutes late...orders a beer. kclee spots us, introduces himself, says "hey, you wanna play poker ?" Sensing kclee is a shark, and wanting to save money for weekend...we decline.

After a couple of hours of a current member of the Air Force, a navy veteran, and an army veteran (but not COMBAT Veterans, even though we like pie...) swappin' war stories, Countrygal and I go to JazzzFest, and kclee goes to take money from his friends playin' poker.

Nice breeze, nice night for an outdoor event...and real drinks (Nzoner would be proud--we smuggled in Seagrams, in lieu of the $6 beers and Mike's Lemonade) Buddy Guy was very good on Friday night, even if he fugged up and said "Good night, Sioux City." :shake:

Saturday: Cntrygal and I were gonna meet my family for breakfast, as they were at the lake. I overslept...heh. Cntrygal was probably wonderin', "Is this lazy fugg ever gonna get out of bed?" I finally look at the clock, at precisely the time I told her we'd leave for the rendevous. Within 10 minutes we are on the road. Breakfast is good; then we go to the park, where my 9-6-3-2 yr old kids proceed to beat the crap out of her. Pummel is probably a better word, heh. She whined about her "sore" arm the rest of the day--wimp. :shake: She actually threatened me with bodily harm, in an apparent attempt to exact some revenge.

Myself, Cntrygal, Saulbadguy and his lady, Jazzzlovr and DarkWolf convened at Champs for libations and fellowship. kclee joined us for drinks, but we ditched his butt after a couple of poker games and a couple of trips to the ATM. Minus The Gambler-kclee, we headed to JazzFest.

Darkwolf spoke of a return to his former employer, Gateway... as fond memories of his glory days with them were sparked by he and Jazzzlovr's pigrimage to the birthplace of their former employer. He reminisced of rewarding days of helping drunk fuggers to fix their computers.

Jazzzlovr....started out slowly; but after her 8th or 9th Jager-bomb, and three or four Coke and Crowns....warmed up, and proceeded to monopolize conversation between band performances. She got a bit loud and obnoxious, and got into a cat-fight with one of the local skanks who had been tryin' to hit on Darkwolf. We were able to bail her out of jail though, and if she pleads "no contest" to the drunk and disorderly .... they'll drop the assault and resisting arrest charges, they said. (heh, not really....but almost. Okay, not really...)

Saul brought his lady with him (an escort from Omaha? she didn't seem to be a local....), and made her wear K-State attire for the whole weekend. She was a classy and fun lady--which is how we figured out the escort thing. The clincher came when after a 1.75 of Jager (man, that boy can put it away....heh), he got kinda weepy on us....lamenting his secret unrequited love of a female board member who's been gettin' beat on lately. That made things a bit uncomfortable for his escort....but Saul just had to open up to us about it, to let it out. He really seems to have strong feelings "4her"....heh.

The Greyhounds and Kenny Wayne Shepperd kicked butt Saturday night (I've discovered its the Blues I like, not the Jazz so much...)

Bottom-line: We had a grand time. Maybe some of the rest of you can join us next year.....:thumb:

Mr. Kotter
07-17-2005, 12:04 PM
....I forgot to bring take the camera into the Festival. Sorry.

Probably for the best, though...Cntrygal and Saul, both being in the gubment's witness protection program and all...

go bowe
07-17-2005, 12:22 PM
The after-action report from Jazzfest...mostly true, anyway....heh. Then I'm off to the lake for a couple of days:

Thanks to those who came--kclee, Cntrygal, Saul and his lady, Jazzlovr, and Dark Wolf; I hope everyone had a good time....maybe we'll get some others to join us next year.

Friday: Cntrygal (Nicole Kidman's sister!), hungover... from a night of boozin' and beatin' up pansy-assed sh*t-talkin' Dart players....oversleeps Friday morning.....at 10:30 am, "ah shit" races out of her house at Ellsworth eager for her 5.5 hour drive to SF....4.5 hours later, she's sittin' at the bar at Old Chicago (hopin' the numerous highway patrolmen she blew by in the constructions zones haven't followed her)....sippin' her second 7/7 wonderin' "I drove 4.5 hours for what? Where the fugg are these jokers?" Meanwhile, she's fightin' off advances from an obnoxious Cliff Klaven to her left, and an effeminate Leonardo DiCaprio on her right.

"Let's see, Rob said....red shirt, black cap....WTF? There must be 30 of those fuggers here!" SF Storm fans (arena FB team) are meeting for a road trip to play Omaha.....wearing red shirts, many with black caps. Rob stumbles in 10 minutes late...orders a beer. kclee spots us, introduces himself, says "hey, you wanna play poker ?" Sensing kclee is a shark, and wanting to save money for weekend...we decline.

After a couple of hours of a current member of the Air Force, a navy veteran, and an army veteran (but not COMBAT Veterans, even though we like pie...) swappin' war stories, Countrygal and I go to JazzzFest, and kclee goes to take money from his friends playin' poker.

Nice breeze, nice night for an outdoor event...and real drinks (Nzoner would be proud--we smuggled in Seagrams, in lieu of the $6 beers and Mike's Lemonade) Buddy Guy was very good on Friday night, even if he fugged up and said "Good night, Sioux City." :shake:

Saturday: Cntrygal and I were gonna meet my family for breakfast, as they were at the lake. I overslept...heh. Cntrygal was probably wonderin', "Is this lazy fugg ever gonna get out of bed?" I finally look at the clock, at precisely the time I told her we'd leave for the rendevous. Within 10 minutes we are on the road. Breakfast is good; then we go to the park, where my 9-6-3-2 yr old kids proceed to beat the crap out of her. Pummel is probably a better word, heh. She whined about her "sore" arm the rest of the day--wimp. :shake: She actually threatened me with bodily harm, in an apparent attempt to exact some revenge.

Myself, Cntrygal, Saulbadguy and his lady, Jazzzlovr and DarkWolf convened at Champs for libations and fellowship. kclee joined us for drinks, but we ditched his butt after a couple of poker games and a couple of trips to the ATM. Minus The Gambler-kclee, we headed to JazzFest.

Darkwolf spoke of a return to his former employer, Gateway... as fond memories of his glory days with them were sparked by he and Jazzzlovr's pigrimage to the birthplace of their former employer. He reminisced of rewarding days of helping drunk fuggers to fix their computers.

Jazzzlovr....started out slowly; but after her 8th or 9th Jager-bomb, and three or four Coke and Crowns....warmed up, and proceeded to monopolize conversation between band performances. She got a bit loud and obnoxious, and got into a cat-fight with one of the local skanks who had been tryin' to hit on Darkwolf. We were able to bail her out of jail though, and if she pleads "no contest" to the drunk and disorderly .... they'll drop the assault and resisting arrest charges, they said. (heh, not really....but almost. Okay, not really...)

Saul brought his lady with him (an escort from Omaha? she didn't seem to be a local....), and made her wear K-State attire for the whole weekend. She was a classy and fun lady--which is how we figured out the escort thing. The clincher came when after a 1.75 of Jager (man, that boy can put it away....heh), he got kinda weepy on us....lamenting his secret unrequited love of a female board member who's been gettin' beat on lately. That made things a bit uncomfortable for his escort....but Saul just had to open up to us about it, to let it out. He really seems to have strong feelings "4her"....heh.

The Greyhounds and Kenny Wayne Shepperd kicked butt Saturday night (I've discovered its the Blues I like, not the Jazz so much...)

Bottom-line: We had a grand time. Maybe some of the rest of you can join us next year.....:thumb:you claim jazzlovr talked?

how drunk were you?

were you hallucinating?

Cntrygal
07-17-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm back home and truck is unloaded! :thumb:

Skip Towne
07-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I'm back home and truck is unloaded! :thumb:
Pics?

Cntrygal
07-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I was asked to work the event for the park department this year.

Unfortunately I have to work both nights and I'm pretty sure I'll be in charge of the beer tent's cleanliness. So if all the hotties in skirts ain't temptation enough, the alcohol will be.

Maybe I can stop by during a break or something.

I never made it to the beer tent - of course I didn't wear a skirt either. :D

OK, tentative plans:

You were late and LOTS of people were wearing red and black. :shake:

How the hell did I miss this part? :cuss:

Bottom-line: We had a grand time. Maybe some of the rest of you can join us next year.....:thumb:

ROFL

....I forgot to bring take the camera into the Festival. Sorry.

Probably for the best, though...Cntrygal and Saul, both being in the gubment's witness protection program and all...

STFU

Cntrygal
07-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Pics?

Of course...

Not. :D

Saulbadguy
07-18-2005, 05:44 AM
That was funny.

Skip Towne
07-18-2005, 06:17 AM
Of course...

Not. :D
Sux

Saulbadguy
07-18-2005, 06:19 AM
You shoulda came, Skip. Sioux Falls is a beautiful town.

ptlyon
07-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Sux

No, that's my town. Just South.

Hey Saul, get a nice whiff of the plant on the way by?

Saulbadguy
07-18-2005, 06:56 AM
No, that's my town. Just South.

Hey Saul, get a nice whiff of the plant on the way by?
Actually it wasn't too bad this time around. The wind must have been calm that day.

ptlyon
07-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Dammit

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Pics?

I've got one from Champs...I'll post later in the week--when my wife brings the digital back from the lake. I forgot to take it into the Festival. :banghead:

Maybe....heh.

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2005, 06:47 PM
That was funny.

Pretty accurate, no? :p

Well, except for the part about Tammie....;)

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2005, 07:07 PM
You shoulda came, Skip. Sioux Falls is a beautiful town.

He just PM'd me; said he and your unrequited love interest are bookin' it "4next year"....just to make you jealous.

Okay, no he didn't....

Mr. Kotter
07-18-2005, 09:17 PM
you claim jazzlovr talked?

how drunk were you?

were you hallucinating?

Yes.

Not much, really....heh.

No. I don't think....?