PDA

View Full Version : XM or Sirius ????

Big Chief Homer
05-29-2005, 12:24 PM
My wife wants to get me a Sat. Radio Reciever for Fathers Day.

Anyone know which is better?? or had any experience with either???

I want the one with the NfL package and Nascar Stations.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

BCH

|Zach|
05-29-2005, 12:32 PM
Another XM vs Sirius thread...

well...they are both very good.

If you want the NFL package than it is on Sirius. I am suprised that there is anyone around here who doesn't watch the games on TV but different situations for different folks. The MLB package is on XM every single game.

Miles
05-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I had a loaner car with XM radio in it a few days ago and thought it was really nice. The sound quality was great along with a very large selection on stations. From what i understand both services are pretty similar except for tbe sports stations.

Sirius is the one with NFL but I dont think they have Nascar right now. Though I seem to remember reading that Sirius acquired exclusive rights to Nascar and it will be switching over in a year or so.

Big Chief Homer
05-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Another XM vs Sirius thread...

well...they are both very good.

If you want the NFL package than it is on Sirius. I am suprised that there is anyone around here who doesn't watch the games on TV but different situations for different folks. The MLB package is on XM every single game.

Sorry about another thread.I looked for a few pages but coulnt find any other theads.

I have the NFL sunday ticket(have since the day the started offering it)but with my son playing football this year my daughter cheerleading and my wife wanting to take trips every other sunday.Its the practical thing to do.

thanks for the info.

Big Chief Homer
05-29-2005, 12:41 PM
I had a loaner car with XM radio in it a few days ago and thought it was really nice. The sound quality was great along with a very large selection on stations. From what i understand both services are pretty similar except for tbe sports stations.

Sirius is the one with NFL but I dont think they have Nascar right now. Though I seem to remember reading that Sirius acquired exclusive rights to Nascar and it will be switching over in a year or so.

Cool,thanks for the info.thats what i was looking for.

|Zach|
05-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Sorry about another thread.I looked for a few pages but coulnt find any other theads.

I have the NFL sunday ticket(have since the day the started offering it)but with my son playing football this year my daughter cheerleading and my wife wanting to take trips every other sunday.Its the practical thing to do.

thanks for the info.

What league is your son in where they play on Sundays? That stinks.

Big Chief Homer
05-29-2005, 12:49 PM
What league is your son in where they play on Sundays? That stinks.

Its a combined school district pee-wee league.They start playing at noon on sundays and the games rotate on a weekly basis.So they only end up with like 2 home games.There werent enough kids in his age group the last few years so they starting doing it like this.

It goes the same for my daughters cheerleading.Luckily she cheers for the team my sons on.

Yeah it sucks,but if the games are on at 4 its no biggie.

Miles
05-29-2005, 12:50 PM
Some stuff on the nascar channel. Looks like Jan of 2007 when Sirius starts broadcasting it and XM will not have it at after that.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/search/article_display.jsp?schema=&vnu_content_id=1000809703

Big Chief Homer
05-29-2005, 12:54 PM
thanks miles.i was just looking for that.

CHIEF4EVER
05-29-2005, 01:08 PM
I got Sirius and absolutely LOVE IT. Sirius NFL Radio is 24/7 NFL even during the offseason. Plus, you get all the games. The music channels are great too. All in all the best investment I have made in a long time.