PDA

View Full Version : help with saving pic

badgirl
05-30-2005, 10:04 AM
there is a pic I want to save in my photos, but it won't work cause its format is bitmap or arts something like that, when I drop the arrow to change the format, it doesn't give me all the formats to choose from only those two and they won't work. Any help on this?

When I click to preview the pic or open it, it says there is no image to display, and in my pics it looks like a colorful page with the corner turned down, it doesn't actually have the pic.

Mr. Laz
06-01-2005, 03:21 PM
what is the source of this photo your trying to save?

Saulbadguy
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
ART? Are you using AOL?

Description
If Internet Explorer will only let you save an image file as a bitmap, here's how to fix it.

Directions
After my latest reinstallation of XP, Internet Explorer will only let me save image files as bitmaps. When I right-click and try to save, *.bmp is my only option. Actually several things can cause this error; therefore, you may have to try several things to fix it.

One of the most common causes is actually an error in the Temporary Internet Files folder or an error in the Download Program Files folder. I have also seen this when the cache is either full or sized incorrectly. If this is the program, clearing these folders through Internet Options in the Tools menu will usually fix the problem:

Clear the Cache:

1. Open IE
2. Click Tools
3. Click Internet Options
4. Click General Tab
5. Under Temporary Internet files, you should click Delete Files
6. Confirm with an OK

Remove Bad Downloaded Program Files:

1. Open IE
2. Click Tools
3. Click Internet Options
4. Click General Tab
5. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings
6. Click View Objects
7. Look at the Status column. Right click on the files listed as either Unknown or Damaged, and then select Remove from the context menu.
8. Confirm with Yes
9. Close the remaining windows by clicking OK

AeroSquid
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
http://www.getfirefox.com