PDA

View Full Version : Any music buffs? Help please

cowboy_big_rich
05-30-2005, 10:33 AM
the wife wants an album and we can't find it cause we don't know the song. Anyone know name of the song that has a huge instrumental at the beginning?

she wants Earth Wind and Fire but she wants the song that has a lot of instrumental music before they sing. trumpets, bones, and sax music

any one help a brother out???

SCTrojan
05-30-2005, 10:37 AM
You've described almost every EW&F song ever made. Check out Amazon, they have clips of songs you can listen to.

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2005, 10:45 AM
she wants Earth Wind and Fire but she wants the song that has a lot of instrumental music before they sing.Well, that's specific.

cowboy_big_rich
05-30-2005, 10:46 AM
You've described almost every EW&F song ever made. Check out Amazon, they have clips of songs you can listen to.

thanks

found it

shining star

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
On the bright side, I've now got "September" bouncing around in my head.

StcChief
05-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Shining Star - Didn't Sly and Family Stone do that or was it a cover?

SCTrojan
05-30-2005, 10:58 AM

Thanks, me too, now. ROFL

cowboy_big_rich
05-30-2005, 11:05 AM
hey bonus...

thats on the one I ordered too!!!!!!!!!!

el borracho
05-30-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm thinking of a number between one and eleventy-billion. Maybe one of you can guess it.

Skip Towne
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
It'll be there for awhile since there isn't anything in there to crash into <---- (not a preposition)

foxman
05-30-2005, 11:18 AM
I'm thinking of a number between one and eleventy-billion. Maybe one of you can guess it.

:)

Ultra Peanut
05-30-2005, 11:24 AM
It'll be there for awhile since there isn't anything in there to crash into <---- (not a preposition)It's lonely in there.

CosmicPal
05-30-2005, 11:46 AM
she wants Earth Wind and Fire but she wants the song that has a lot of instrumental music before they sing. trumpets, bones, and sax music

I think you want the band, War.

They were a stellar 70's horn, funk, R & B band with enigmatic hits such as "Low Rider", "The Cisco Kid", "Slippin Into Darkness", "The World is A Ghetto", "Why Can't We Be Friends?", and a host of other hits.

The only CD you would need to buy is their collection, "The Very Best of War" which came out a couple of years ago. It's an excellent retrospective of the underrated band. But, they have a lot of horns and instrumental jamming with some fun songs.

Otherwise, I'd check out Sly & The Family Stone, Funkadelic, Parliament, or maybe even Maceo Parker. But, I think War is what you're looking for.

Rain Man
05-30-2005, 11:59 AM
I think you're describing Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire".

Either that, or "Also Sprach Zarathustra". Does the song start like this? Edit: heck, for some reason the file won't attach. That's annoying.