PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Bell Press Conf.

ChiTown
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
I'm not so sure this guy is going to be able to communicate (in English) any better than Pena. OMG, he's brutal....................

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:31 PM
I'm not so sure this guy is going to be able to communicate (in English) any better than Pena. OMG, he's brutal....................
ROFL What's he got a southern draw or something?

Nzoner
05-31-2005, 01:34 PM

Hasn't even managed his first KC game and sounds like he's tanked already.

ChiTown
05-31-2005, 01:34 PM
ROFL What's he got a southern draw or something?

With apologies to stupid people all over this World, he sounds dumb, and can't string together a sentence that makes much, if any, sense. Other than that, I'm sure he'll be a great "club house" guy............

Jenson71
05-31-2005, 01:36 PM
What color is he?

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:37 PM
With apologies to stupid people all over this World, he sounds dumb, and can't string together a sentence that makes much, if any, sense. Other than that, I'm sure he'll be a great "club house" guy............
Maybe it is just what they need. :hmmm:

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:37 PM
What color is he?

green

chagrin
05-31-2005, 01:38 PM
Hasn't Buddy Bell already failed in two markets with Lousy teams?

Detroit then Colorado. He only lasted 2 years with the Tigers

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Hasn't Buddy Bell already failed in two markets with Lousy teams?

Detroit then Colorado. He only lasted 2 years with the Tigers

Yes he did. So did Joe Torre (Braves/Cards), look at him now. Course the Royals do not have the bankroll compared to the Evil Empire. But you never know.

Jenson71
05-31-2005, 01:43 PM
green

Is he sick?

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:44 PM
Is he sick?

He took the job. You be the judge.

Jenson71
05-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Diagnosis: Desperate

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
Diagnosis: Desperate
Exactly.

ChiTown
05-31-2005, 01:46 PM
I'm trying to envision what the interview sounded like:

Allard: Buddy, we need a guy that can come in here and be a strong presence in the club house. Are you that type of leader?

Buddy: I spent a couple of years in Montreal. If anyone knows anything about Liters, it's me. Hell, I most of pissed out a million liters of LaBatt's in my time.

Allard. Yeah. Ok, well, anywho, what is your best attribute as a potential manager of this team?

Buddy: (Smiling) Define attribute and use it in a sentence.

Allard: What? Ok. How about this. What quality do you bring to this organization that will make it better?

Buddy: What the hell does that have to do with attributes?

Allard: Jesus Fn ......... (interrupted)

David Glass (calling in from WalMarts Headquarters): Buddy, what type of salary would it take to get you as our next manager?

Buddy: I have to be honest here, Mr. Glass, I don't like celery, but I'm awfully fond of carrots........

Glass: Buddy, I think I've heard enough. Allard, offer Mr. Bell a 2 yr contract and let's talk about that carrot thingy...........

:banghead:

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm trying to envision what the interview sounded like:

Allard: Buddy, we need a guy that can come in here and be a strong presence in the club house. Are you that type of leader?

Buddy: I spent a couple of years in Montreal. If anyone knows anything about Liters, it's me. Hell, I most of pissed out a million liters of LaBatt's in my time.

Allard. Yeah. Ok, well, anywho, what is your best attribute as a potential manager of this team?

Buddy: (Smiling) Define attribute and use it in a sentence.

Allard: What? Ok. How about this. What quality do you bring to this organization that will make it better?

Buddy: What the hell does that have to do with attributes?

Allard: Jesus Fn ......... (interrupted)

David Glass (calling in from WalMarts Headquarters): Buddy, what type of salary would it take to get you as our next manager?

Buddy: I have to be honest here, Mr. Glass, I don't like celery, but I'm awfully fond of carrots........

Glass: Buddy, I think I've heard enough. Allard, offer Mr. Bell a 2 yr contract and let's talk about that carrot thingy...........

:banghead:
You gotta be kidding me. ROFL His press conference sounded that bad? :deevee:

ChiTown
05-31-2005, 01:54 PM
You gotta be kidding me. ROFL His press conference sounded that bad? :deevee:

It's a bit of an exaggeration, but he sounds a bit lost. I just hope that he can effectively communicate better than what he comes across as over the radio.

chagrin
05-31-2005, 01:56 PM
Yes he did. So did Joe Torre (Braves/Cards), look at him now. Course the Royals do not have the bankroll compared to the Evil Empire. But you never know.

With all due respect apics1, Puh-leeze!

siberian khatru
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM
It's a bit of an exaggeration, but he sounds a bit lost. I just hope that he can effectively communicate better than what he comes across as over the radio.

If he sounds discombobulated now, wait till after he sees Colt Griffin pitch in the big leagues. He'll sound like HAL the computer after missing a few circuit boards at the end of "2001."

Goapics1
05-31-2005, 02:16 PM

I believe you're right, I lost touch of reality there for a moment. :shake:

ChiTown
05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
If he sounds discombobulated now, wait till after he sees Colt Griffin pitch in the big leagues. He'll sound like HAL the computer after missing a few circuit boards at the end of "2001."

ROFL

schneider221
05-31-2005, 03:19 PM
His official Royals Press Conference is on metro sports now and he doesnt sound to bad....

eazyb81
05-31-2005, 03:21 PM

Terry Francona and Jack McKeon failed a few times before they won a World Series too.

Hydrae
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey now, be nice to Buddy. He has the same birthday as I do, August 27th. :)

Goapics1
06-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Terry Francona and Jack McKeon failed a few times before they won a World Series too.

Buddy Bell 1-0. Could this be a sign of a turn around? Marlins were under .500 when McKeon was hired during season a few years back and went on to win World Series in same year. Royals and Buddy next? :hmmm: I see a trend here.