PDA

View Full Version : FYI: D V D de-crypter software users...

morphius
06-06-2005, 04:15 PM
The creator of the software has been given the cease and desist from "some company" and will no longer be supporting, releasing, or helping in anyway with the software and he expects them to go after the mirror sites as well.

So, if you use it you might want to make sure that you either get rid of it, or have the latest version of the software before the mirrors are forced to delete it.

Here is his full statement:
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11914

AeroSquid
06-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Sony.

Never fear, something else will take it's place legally or not lol.

KCWolfman
06-06-2005, 08:30 PM
Morph - I seem to remember the author stating the last upgrade would be his last free one anyway.

Seems like he tried to cash in just a few months too late. Too bad, he did do a nice job.

Otter
06-07-2005, 05:41 AM
Thanks for posting, I'll make sure I have the latest version burned to a CD.

While I see why the DVD industry would want to try and do somthing to try and battle this problem this is a case of too little, too late. The genie is already out of the bottle and if you can't download the software from a regular website, you can get it from a file sharing system.

Even if they somehow managed to change the way DVD are encrypted any encryption applied to a DVD by the manufacturer is going to need to be standardized and programmed in the DVD players embedded software which in turn can be read by anyone with knowlege in circuits.

No way in hell thier going to be able to put a stop to this without putting everything On-Demand through the cable and satellite companies.

It's going to be interesting to see how this paradigm shift sweeping the DVD and music industry settles. If it ever does.

morphius
06-10-2005, 08:51 AM
Morph - I seem to remember the author stating the last upgrade would be his last free one anyway.

Seems like he tried to cash in just a few months too late. Too bad, he did do a nice job.
Yeah I like the software a lot. I don't use it very often, but I was hoping to use it to build my media machine at some point.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
06-11-2005, 12:14 AM
I just bought a burner off the internet for $49.00

Toshiba such and such. No software or any documentation. Had no clue what to use. After reading your post, I downloaded the software you mentioned above. The homepage also mentioned using DVD shrink as well. Downloaded it as well. Then installed one of thenewest versions of Nero and I have now "backed up" a few of my DVD's. I like Decrypter for the DvD's that are already small enough to fit.

Only one thing that is odd. When Nero goes to burn it always tells me file allocation fails. Some Vob file is missing or has no reference. Also says a few small errors.

Anyway all my dvds seem to work and I havent noticed any glitches with them yet. Seems to be a common problem. are any of you guys experincing this? sorry about all the gramatical errors, I am in a hurry.
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=nero+dvd+video+files+reallocation+failed&btnG=Google+Search

Anyway thanks for the heads up on the software.

morphius
06-11-2005, 11:24 AM
I just bought a burner off the internet for $49.00

Toshiba such and such. No software or any documentation. Had no clue what to use. After reading your post, I downloaded the software you mentioned above. The homepage also mentioned using DVD shrink as well. Downloaded it as well. Then installed one of thenewest versions of Nero and I have now "backed up" a few of my DVD's. I like Decrypter for the DvD's that are already small enough to fit.

Only one thing that is odd. When Nero goes to burn it always tells me file allocation fails. Some Vob file is missing or has no reference. Also says a few small errors.

Anyway all my dvds seem to work and I havent noticed any glitches with them yet. Seems to be a common problem. are any of you guys experincing this? sorry about all the gramatical errors, I am in a hurry.
http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=nero+dvd+video+files+reallocation+failed&btnG=Google+Search

Anyway thanks for the heads up on the software.
I don't think I have tried to burn directly from something I used DVD decryter on, I just automatically run it through shrink out of habbit.

BigMeatballDave
06-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I use DVD43 while ripping it through Shrink. Every now and again I come across a disc that DVD43 won't work on, so I use Decrypter...