PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think Tom Cruise + Katie Holmes,Russel Crowe are doing stunts for PR.

Ninjaman
06-09-2005, 11:22 PM
I think they go a little way overboard to sell their movies. Russel Crowe throwing his phone at somebody for no damn reason except to get his photo taken wearing a 'Cinderillaman' jacket. Pure media manipulation . I would love to clock that guy. And Tom Cruise and that teen he's fu**ing are so damn annoying. Anyways any movie that guy in sucks. Batman looks like a must see. NOT !

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050609/ap_en_tv/tv_late_night_mea_culpas

Simplex3
06-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Your first mistake is giving a rat's ass what anyone in Hollyweird is doing.

In their defense, if I could make a couple extra thousand bucks for pegging you with a cell phone I wouldn't even warn you to duck.

jspchief
06-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I think the Cruise thing is. 100%

I know nothing about the Crowe thing, but I wouldn't doubt that it is as well.

I've reached the point where I believe everything celebrities do is for publicity.

Goapics1
06-17-2005, 07:26 AM
:rolleyes:

Tom Cruise pops the question

Katie Holmes sports massive ring after Eiffel Tower proposal

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:08 a.m. ET June 17, 2005

PARIS - Actor Tom Cruise said he and girlfriend Katie Holmes are engaged, after he popped the question early Friday morning atop the Eiffel Tower.

Cruise, speaking at a Paris news conference with Holmes, said: “Yes, I proposed to her.”

The couple often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at her, with a massive diamond ring on her finger.

“It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven’t slept at all,” he said. “Today is a magnificent day for me, I’m engaged to a magnificent woman.”

Asked why he chose the famed Paris landmark, he said: “I’ve never been to the Eiffel Tower. It’s Paris, it’s a beautiful city, it’s very romantic.”

'One step at a time'
Cruise said no date for a wedding has been set: “We haven’t discussed that — one step at a time,” he said. “Let’s see. We’re not sure.”

Cruise, 42, was in Paris to promote the French release of the Steven Spielberg film “War of the Worlds” next month. He and 26-year-old Holmes went public with their romantic relationship in April.

Holmes did not speak to reporters, but at one point, Cruise whispered to her: “Are you OK?” Afterward, the two hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

“I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had,” said Dakota Fanning, the child actress who co-stars with Cruise in the film. She sat next to Holmes during the news conference.

Cruise and Holmes have faced repeated rumors of marriage. The relationship started after Cruise split from actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their long-standing engagement.

A publicity stunt?

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, “Batman Begins.” She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

Holmes said then that she was embracing Scientology — Cruise’s religion. The former star of television’s “Dawson’s Creek” grew up with a poster of Cruise on her bedroom wall and has said she grew up wanting to marry him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
Tom Cruise has always been annoying. Russell Crowe has always been an asshole. Katie Holmes has always been over-rated.

In fact I remember seeing a write up in USA Today I think it was, that ranked the biggest celebrity assholes and easiest to get along with. Russell Crowe was the #1 asshole followed closely by Toby McGuire. Britney Spears was the #1 easy to get along with.

Braincase
06-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Cruise is a flake. So's Travolta. And Ann Archer, Giovanni Ribisi, Barry Pepper, Isaac Hayes, and any number of those weak minded fools who join that cult. I guess we'll have to count Holme in there as well.

That said, Nicole Kidman ought to write a freakin' expose on what it was like living with the midget.

HC_Chief
06-17-2005, 07:50 AM
The next time some celebrity wants to lecture you on politics or the environment or war, please keep in mind the other insane stuff they believe and the genuine disdain they have towards you. Have no doubt, Hollywood is filled with drug-addict, whore-chasing, ****-ups who sincerely do believe that they’re better then the mechanic in Mississippi who loves his wife and kids. The only good news is that they’re rich and easily duped, so anyone with a moose costume and a flashlight could probably convince a bunch of them that only the MooseLight Foundation can show the way to true enlightenment. That should be good for at least a few million.

Courtesy: <a href="http://www.thesuperficial.com">The Superficial</a> (hilarious site)

stevieray
Cruise is a flake. So's Travolta. And Ann Archer, Giovanni Ribisi, Barry Pepper, Isaac Hayes, and any number of those weak minded fools who join that cult. I guess we'll have to count Holme in there as well.

That said, Nicole Kidman ought to write a freakin' expose on what it was like living with the midget.

She's prolly glad she can finally wear shoes with heels.

Lzen
I have a better question. Does anyone really give a rat's ass?

chagrin
06-17-2005, 07:52 AM
"Anyone think Tom Cruise + Katie Holmes,Russel Crowe are doing stunts for PR?"

Is a pig's ass pork?

jynni
06-17-2005, 08:16 AM
Don't know about Crowe as he's always been a tightly wound Raidershead. He has a bad habit of knocking people around.

The TomKat thing is 100% a PR stunt. The poor clam has finally gone off the deep end.

chagrin
06-17-2005, 08:19 AM
I wish he and Keanu would get married already and get the whole thing over with!

jspchief
06-17-2005, 08:25 AM
So now he's proposed...

When do Batman and War of the Worlds open in theaters? Oh, what an amazing coincidence. Batman just released, and War of the Worlds releases in a week and a half. Blind luck that the publicity from this proposal happens to create a buzz at the same time these two people are trying to make a bang at the box office. :rolleyes:

The only thing more pathetic than faking love to sell movies is the fact that it works like a charm.

Goapics1
06-17-2005, 08:32 AM
She is still a virgin and will not have sex until married. I believe ole' Tommy boy is gettin' hitched so he can slap that ass IMHO.

Dr. Johnny Fever
06-17-2005, 09:04 AM
I wish he and Keanu would get married already and get the whole thing over with!
ROFL

jynni
06-17-2005, 09:46 AM
The only thing more pathetic than faking love to sell movies is the fact that it works like a charm.
Acutally - the fake (or real in some rare cases) realtionships thing to sell a movie usually doesn't work. It most often backfires because the general public gets so sick of hearing about the stars and their "twu wuv". Mr & Mrs Smith seems to be an exception to this.

And that's the sad thing. Neither one of these movies needed any help in the publicity dept. Katie Holmes could cease to exist and "Batman Begins" would still do $$$ at the box office. If anything the TomKat is hurting WOTW.

Mr. Laz
06-17-2005, 09:55 AM

one could say that ALL of organized religion is a "cult"

buddha
06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
It's probably less of a stunt to promote the films and more of a way to promote Scientology. That's Cruise's first objective...always has been. Katie Holmes is just too young and stupid to understand that.

Ninjaman
06-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Cruies's career was going downhill. So how do actors on the downslide get positive media exposure. Marry another actor.

Cormac
06-17-2005, 11:52 AM
Wow, all this negative Katie Holmes stuff. She is hot as hell, IMO. For once I think Tom Cruise has got it right. Less Nicole Kidman, more Katie Holmes. Sounds good to me :D

Eleazar
06-17-2005, 11:54 AM
I think that I speak for 99.99999999999999999999999999999% of the world when I say, 'who gives a rip'.

the Talking Can
06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
we could open up a forum called "Coffee Klatch" (http://swandeer.com/homespun/) for you guys....all the latest gossip, tips for that "super-sexy" smile, how to know if he's "Mr. Right" etc...

Brock
06-17-2005, 12:02 PM
I honestly do not care who is playing Tom's beard these days.

Eleazar
06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
we could open up a forum called "Coffee Klatch" (http://swandeer.com/homespun/) for you guys....all the latest gossip, tips for that "super-sexy" smile, how to know if he's "Mr. Right" etc...

There you go. People could talk about what was on today's Oprah, swap episodes of 'Access Hollywood' on tape, send out invitations to Mary Kay parties, and post pictures of those cute pumps they got for $7.99 at payless.

DaneMcCloud
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Russell Crowe looked at a house two doors down from me a week or so ago. I know the real estate agent extremely well (there's going to be an upcoming TV series on Bravo about he and his family selling homes in the Hollywood Hills - I've close to being on the show twice now but really don't want to be) and he's said that Russell was very pleasant. I don't think he was doing anything for publicity. He's just a hot-tempered dude. This isn't the first time he's done stupid stuff in public and the last thing that he needs is negative pub at this point.

Tom Cruise, who's arguably the world's biggest movie star doesn't need additional pub either, especially when working with Dreamworks & Spielberg. I do find his actions quite curious though, especially the firing of his long-time publicist. It seems like she was keeping him under control. In addition, another neighbor of mine (who used to be on LA Law) told me that she read with Cruise 17 years ago and that she's never met a bigger, egotistical jackass in all her life. So maybe we're just all seeing Tom Cruise for the first time.

Dane

Baby Lee
06-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow, all this negative Katie Holmes stuff. She is hot as hell, IMO. For once I think Tom Cruise has got it right. Less Nicole Kidman, more Katie Holmes. Sounds good to me :D
I din't bear animus towards her. She's star struck. I'm genuinely sad for where she's gonna be in a couple of years.