PDA

View Full Version : Resizing pics

badgirl
06-10-2005, 05:37 AM
I was gonna post a pic of me but its huge, how do I downsize it and what would be a good size?

Saulbadguy
06-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Open up MS Paint, open the file, first you should save it as a JPG if its not. Then View Image> stretch / skew, and then enter the percentage of how much you would like to resize it. Thats the easy way.

badgirl
06-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Open up MS Paint, open the file, first you should save it as a JPG if its not. Then View Image> stretch / skew, and then enter the percentage of how much you would like to resize it. Thats the easy way.
what would a normal size be? I don't want it really really big, but I don't want it so small you can't see it, what size would be about right.

Thanks

Saulbadguy
06-10-2005, 07:22 AM
what would a normal size be? I don't want it really really big, but I don't want it so small you can't see it, what size would be about right.

Thanks
I don't know. Play around with it - i'm not sure how big the pic you are working with is. Post it and see what happens.

badgirl
06-10-2005, 07:25 AM
ok I'm gonna try it. Thanks again.

PastorMikH
06-10-2005, 08:01 AM
I was gonna post a pic of me but its huge, how do I downsize it and what would be a good size?

Perhaps a diet first, then taking another pic?

:fire::D

morphius
06-10-2005, 08:05 AM
something I did for Av's, it is basically the same instructions though.

1) Download irfanview ( Freeware graphics viewing program) from here: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm
2) Install it
3) Run it
4) Click the open file icon, browse and open the graphic you want as your icon.
5) Type Ctrl+R (ctrl and the R button at the same time)
6) Make sure that preserve aspact ratio is checked in the bottom left
7) Figure out which is larger, width or height and change that number to 120
8) Click "OK"
9) Type S
10) Make sure the type is either "gif" or "jpg"
11) change the name of the file
12) Click Save