PDA

View Full Version : Just To Make Me Look Foolish, Pink Floyd Agrees To Re-unite w/ Roger Waters...

FloridaChief
06-13-2005, 04:02 AM
...for upcoming L8 concert in London,

And after I posted on this very BB that this would NEVER happen. Uh-Uh. No way in hell.

:cuss:

PINK FLOYD REUNITE WITH ROGER WATERS FOR LIVE 8 CONCERT

Since the Live 8 concert was announced at the end of May, the rumour mill has gone mad with claims that Pink Floyd were playing at the show. Brain Damage were called this morning by Pink Floyd's manager with the fantastic news that the band ARE INDEED reuniting with Roger Waters to play the Hyde Park, London Live 8 show, on July 2nd!

I was told that David Gilmour only made the decision on Friday night, which no doubt prompted a hectic day yesterday, getting the others - Nick Mason, Richard Wright, and old bandmate Roger Waters - committed to the show. David was keen for us to share this with you; they did not decide to participate weeks ago, and have just left it until now to maximize publicity...

David had this to say about the landmark action to reform the band:

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world. Itís crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations. Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if re-forming for this concert will help focus attention then itís got to be worthwhile."

Obviously, the question comes to mind: how did the reunion come together? Here's what the band's manager told us: "Bob [Geldof] engineered it, he talked to David and he [Bob] talked to Roger and Roger then called David."

Link Floyd (http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/)

Chan93lx50
06-13-2005, 04:57 AM
This is so ****ing sweet!

htismaqe
06-13-2005, 05:08 AM
Itís crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations.

That certainly taints my image of the band.

Chan93lx50
06-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Itís crazy that America gives such a paltry percentage of its GNP to the starving nations.

Its is funny how all the European countries bitch about how the US could do more spend more, but I never see any of them cock suckers spliting the bill

DaKCMan AP
06-13-2005, 05:18 AM
Please televise :D

StcChief
06-13-2005, 05:36 AM
Didn't the Eagles once say they would get back 'When Hell Freezes Over'

I guess time cures alot of personality/ego problems.

Great to see Floyd together again.

Ari Chi3fs
06-13-2005, 05:49 AM
now if only Syd Barrett would rejoi.... nevermind.

trndobrd
06-13-2005, 06:25 AM
now if only Syd Barrett would rejoi.... nevermind.

Hey, why not? He's rested and I'm sure he is equally concerned about third world debt...or a green hat in a tree...or a mouse....or something.

laser1972
06-13-2005, 06:38 AM
How the hell do we see this in America?... Is it Pay per view??.. Free???. I know AOL is showing a telecast, but i am not letting my computer get any of that crap from them on there...... AOL sux

JimNasium
06-13-2005, 06:43 AM
That's nothing, just wait till the Beatles get back together....

InChiefsHell
06-13-2005, 06:50 AM

Yeah, but are you really surprised? When it comes to some of my favorite bands, I try to read as few quotes from them about anything but their music, so as not to screw it all up for me.

But yeah, I'd love to bitchslap that moron...sadly he's typical. I wish they would just STFU and play...
:shake:

chagrin
06-13-2005, 07:05 AM
Didn't the Eagles once say they would get back 'When Hell Freezes Over'

I guess time cures alot of personality/ego problems.

Great to see Floyd together again.

It's cured nothing, they (Roger and David) still hate each other. Roger just likes playing live again, we all know Gravy train Gilmour is doing what he does.

However, I would love to see it!

About the gripes on the US not sending enough cashola...didn't we donate 4.5 billion dollars to Africa in 2003?

htismaqe
06-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Hey, why not? He's rested and I'm sure he is equally concerned about third world debt...or a green hat in a tree...or a mouse....or something.

Barrett showed up during the recording of "Wish You Were Here" in 1975. He was a fat, balding old man then, and that was only 6 years removed from his stint with the band.

htismaqe
06-13-2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah, but are you really surprised? When it comes to some of my favorite bands, I try to read as few quotes from them about anything but their music, so as not to screw it all up for me.

But yeah, I'd love to bitchslap that moron...sadly he's typical. I wish they would just STFU and play...

Well, the thing is he's bloody ****ing rich. If he's so worried about Africa, he can give them HIS money.

trndobrd
06-13-2005, 07:17 AM
Barrett showed up during the recording of "Wish You Were Here" in 1975. He was a fat, balding old man then, and that was only 6 years removed from his stint with the band.

Definitely sounds due for a comeback.

trndobrd
06-13-2005, 07:18 AM
I can't wait to hear them performing their great songs like "Learning to Fly" and "On the Turning Away" with Roger Waters back in the band.

htismaqe
06-13-2005, 07:21 AM
I can't wait to hear them performing their great songs like "Learning to Fly" and "On the Turning Away" with Roger Waters back in the band.

ROFL

Rukdafaidas
06-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Geez, here's the UK lineup:

* Pink Floyd
* Annie Lennox
* Bob Geldof
* Coldplay
* Cure, The
* Dido
* Elton John, Sir
* Joss Stone
* Keane
* Killers, The
* Madonna
* Mariah Carey
* Ms. Dynamite
* Muse
* Paul McCartney, Sir
* Razorlight
* REM
* Robbie Williams
* Scissor Sisters
* Snoop Dogg
* Snow Patrol
* Stereophonics
* Sting
* U2
* Velvet Revolver

Now, here's the lineup for the US show:

* Will Smith (host)
* 50 Cent
* Bon Jovi
* Dave Matthews Band
* Jay-Z
* Kaiser Chiefs
* Keith Urban
* Maroon 5
* P Diddy
* Rob Thomas
* Sarah McLachlan
* Stevie Wonder

Which show would you rather attend?

chagrin
06-13-2005, 07:39 AM

* Pink Floyd
* Annie Lennox
* Bob Geldof
* Coldplay
* Cure, The
* Dido
* Elton John, Sir
* Joss Stone
* Keane
* Killers, The
* Madonna
* Mariah Carey
* Ms. Dynamite
* Muse
* Paul McCartney, Sir
* Razorlight
* REM
* Robbie Williams
* Scissor Sisters
* Snoop Dogg
* Snow Patrol
* Stereophonics
* Sting
* U2
* Velvet Revolver

* Will Smith (host)
* 50 Cent
* Bon Jovi
* Dave Matthews Band
* Jay-Z
* Kaiser Chiefs
* Keith Urban
* Maroon 5
* P Diddy
* Rob Thomas
* Sarah McLachlan
* Stevie Wonder

I choose death

Brock
06-13-2005, 08:00 AM

Go F yourself, Dave.

Goapics1
06-13-2005, 08:01 AM
This is so ****ing sweet!
nice sig. :thumb:

htismaqe
06-13-2005, 09:15 AM

* Pink Floyd
* Annie Lennox
* Bob Geldof
* Coldplay
* Cure, The
* Dido
* Elton John, Sir
* Joss Stone
* Keane
* Killers, The
* Madonna
* Mariah Carey
* Ms. Dynamite
* Muse
* Paul McCartney, Sir
* Razorlight
* REM
* Robbie Williams
* Scissor Sisters
* Snoop Dogg
* Snow Patrol
* Stereophonics
* Sting
* U2
* Velvet Revolver

* Will Smith (host)
* 50 Cent
* Bon Jovi
* Dave Matthews Band
* Jay-Z
* Kaiser Chiefs
* Keith Urban
* Maroon 5
* P Diddy
* Rob Thomas
* Sarah McLachlan
* Stevie Wonder

:hmmm:

Neither lineup makes me want to actually see the show.