PDA

View Full Version : O positional rankings by Peter N Crisco

Wile_E_Coyote
06-15-2005, 10:23 AM
may I suggest you check out center before its corrected ROFL

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/positional-rankings/OFF/QB

Ebolapox
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
2. Will Shields, Chiefs (http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/12500) Kreutz plays with a nasty streak coaches love. He's one of the true tough guys in the middle of an NFL line.

ROFL

that's under center

-EB-

CoMoChief
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Prisco is such a ****ing idiot anymore these days, after what I just read, I choose to never read anymore of his shit again.

Ebolapox
06-15-2005, 10:33 AM
other than center, I had no problem with the rankings--we had FOUR offensive linemen in the rankings--ranked 2 and 3 guards, fourth best tackle, second best center (I'm ASSUMING he means wiegmann), best TE, fourth best RB (priest would be higher if he wasn't so damned injury prone lately), and a top ten qb (trent MIGHT'VE gone higher, but it's hard to argue over who's ahead of him, imo)

-EB-

chagrin
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
I still thuink that name is too funy...
Peter N Crisco

Amnorix
06-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Holmes is the 4th best RB. I don't think so.

Corey Dillon isn't a top 10 RB. I don't think so.

Shockey is the #3 TE. That's a joke.

JimNasium
06-15-2005, 10:38 AM

Corey Dillon isn't a top 10 RB. I don't think so.

Shockey is the #3 TE. That's a joke.
Where do you think Holmes should fall?

UKMike
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
a top ten qb (trent MIGHT'VE gone higher, but it's hard to argue over who's ahead of him, imo)

Thats what I was thinking, but then again I don't think there'd be much moaning if Vick or Mcnair were below him. I definitely think Vick is rated too high.

jspchief
06-15-2005, 10:44 AM
I just don't buy the Portis hype. Good RB? Yes. Second best in the league? Huh?

Ebolapox
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Thats what I was thinking, but then again I don't think there'd be much moaning if Vick or Mcnair were below him. I definitely think Vick is rated too high.

yup, agreed--

though, call me crazy, I'm not so sure if I'm given a choice as to who to start a franchise out with, vick, mcnair, or green, I'd think really hard about picking vick first--he's got a lot of years left, and though trent's been successful, vick's not yet reached his potential--he has YEARS of being an all pro left, IMHO

-EB-

milkman
06-15-2005, 10:45 AM

Until Vick becomes a real QB, rather just an athlete that lines up under center, he has no business being in the top half of any QB ranking.

Lzen
06-15-2005, 10:48 AM

Top 2 or 3, at least, when healthy. ;)

Mr. Laz
06-15-2005, 10:53 AM
8. Trent Green, Chiefs He had another huge year in 2004 from a numbers standpoint. He knows how to move the chains.

4. Priest Holmes, Chiefs Injuries have started to slow him some, but he's still a big-time runner. Can he stay healthy?

1. Tony Gonzalez, Chiefs He's the best pass-catching tight end in the game. He can get down the field and put pressure on the middle of a defense. Still has a lot to give.

2. Will Shields, Chiefs Will someday get strong consideration for the Hall of Fame. Plays on the best line in the game. Shields doesn't back down from anyone.

3. Brian Waters, Chiefs He is a converted tight end and defensive end who may be on his way to moving past Shields as the best guard on the roster.

4. Willie Roaf, Chiefs This guy seems to get better with age. After a disappointing end to his New Orleans stint, he's become even better for the Chiefs. Can pass protect with the best in the league.

UKMike
06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Until Vick becomes a real QB, rather just an athlete that lines up under center, he has no business being in the top half of any QB ranking.

According NFL.com he was 26th in the NFL last year in passing yards and he threw 10 TDs and 10 Ints. I'd say your right.

though, call me crazy, I'm not so sure if I'm given a choice as to who to start a franchise out with, vick, mcnair, or green, I'd think really hard about picking vick first--he's got a lot of years left, and though trent's been successful, vick's not yet reached his potential--he has YEARS of being an all pro left, IMHO

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he is a great athlete and Im sure he'll keep getting better, and with Green and Mcnair being as old as they are your probably right. I think his passing has to improve in the next couple of years or he'll start to fade away.

milkman
06-15-2005, 11:01 AM
According NFL.com he was 26th in the NFL last year in passing yards and he threw 10 TDs and 10 Ints. I'd say your right.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, he is a great athlete and Im sure he'll keep getting better, and with Green and Mcnair being as old as they are your probably right. I think his passing has to improve in the next couple of years or he'll start to fade away.

Until, and unless he develops as a passer, Vick is nothing more than a faster, more athletic Kordell Stewart.

kc rush
06-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Until, and unless he develops as a passer, Vick is nothing more than a faster, more athletic Kordell Stewart.

If only Kordell had a cool alias like Ron Mexico.

kc rush
06-15-2005, 11:13 AM
How Shawn Alexander didn't make his list is beyond me.

I don't understand the love affair with Shockey and Vick.

jspchief
06-15-2005, 11:44 AM
How Shawn Alexander didn't make his list is beyond me.

Wow. No kidding. He's probably in my top three.

HemiEd
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
ROFL :spock:

Rukdafaidas
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
second best center (I'm ASSUMING he means wiegmann)
-EB-
Nope, Wiegman didn't make the top 10 Centers.

patteeu
06-15-2005, 03:03 PM

You're right, Clinton Portis doesn't belong ahead of Priest.

Mr. Laz
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
other than center, I had no problem with the rankings--we had FOUR offensive linemen in the rankings--ranked 2 and 3 guards, fourth best tackle, second best center (I'm ASSUMING he means wiegmann)
nope ... they fixed it

2. Olin Kreutz, Bears Kreutz plays with a nasty streak coaches love. He's one of the true tough guys in the middle of an NFL line.

# 57 Olin Kreutz
Position: C
Height: 6-2
Weight: 292
Born: 06/09/1977
College: Washington
NFL Experience: 8

Amnorix
06-15-2005, 08:35 PM

Tied for 2nd with Jamal Lewis.

To me, it's pretty clear that Tomlinson is the best RB in the NFL. After him, it depends on what kind of offense you want to run. For teams that are more smashmouth, take Jamal Lewis. Finesse / offense oriented teams would want Holmes. To me, they're tied, and it's a matter of taste which one you'd prefer.

Portis isn't better than either of those guys, nor is anyone else.

Amnorix
06-15-2005, 08:37 PM
You're right, Clinton Portis doesn't belong ahead of Priest.

Exactly.

Ultra Peanut
06-15-2005, 08:39 PM
Prisco is such a ****ing idiot anymore these days, after what I just read, I choose to never read anymore of his shit again.I dunno what's dumber: The composition of this post, or Prisco's body of work.

Inspector
06-15-2005, 08:48 PM
yup, agreed--

-EB-

If he survives.

Seems like running backs playing quarterback don't last as long.