PDA

View Full Version : Madden Moving to NBC

Amnorix
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Not surprising, but disappointing...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/football/nfl/06/15/bc.fbn.nbc.madden.ap/index.html

Phobia
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
Good. SNF usually sucks anyway. It will be easier to skip.

Lzen
06-15-2005, 09:46 AM
I don't think football will ever get rid of him until he dies. :shake:

ptlyon
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
"Once a Rai der, always a Rai der", and
"The only good Rai der is a dead Rai der"

BigRedChief
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
Why all the hating on Madden...wellll besides the game has passed him by...

He redeemed himself for another year (in my eyes anyway) because of the MNF game with the Chiefs last year. He was the one leading the discussion of Ray Ray getting double teamed and then the video shots of Will and Tony Richardson just owning him. A chiefs moment to be cherished if you ask me. And for that he gets slack for another year. :harumph:

Phobia
06-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Why all the hating on Madden...wellll besides the game has passed him by...

Because he's providing color to the lowest common denominator. If the game you're currently watching isn't your first, his comments are an insult to your intelligence. I can handle a little of that - it comes with the territory. But I'm not interested in butt sweat and commentary on how if the WR catches the ball past the first down marker, they'll probably convert the first down.

tomahawk kid
06-15-2005, 10:06 AM
Because he's providing color to the lowest common denominator. If the game you're currently watching isn't your first, his comments are an insult to your intelligence. I can handle a little of that - it comes with the territory. But I'm not interested in butt sweat and commentary on how if the WR catches the ball past the first down marker, they'll probably convert the first down.

..or how Kurt Warner place a hand on his hip when he's under center, but that it doesn't really mean anything....he just does it all the time.....

Riverting commentary.

milkman
06-15-2005, 10:10 AM
...And because he's never been funny, original, or infromative.

I got enough of that "WAM", "POW", "ZAPP" crap watching Batman in the '60s

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 10:13 AM
I really like Madden. He brings the game down to my level of understanding.

Otter
06-15-2005, 10:30 AM
I really like Madden. He brings the game down to my level of understanding.In this case I think that would be the illusion of understanding.

The only thing I could compare what it's like for me listening to Madden announce a game is the scenes on Seinfeld where George is dealing with Steinbrenner.

Hands waving, loud talking, random jibberish, obvious observations and then he breaks out the on-screen whiteboard or whatever the hell it is and draws meaningless lines and circles all over the place.

Move him to NBC, they should move him to PBS. He's annoying.

BigChiefFan
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Madden is good in alot of ways because he brings some humor to the game, however, he really talks down to fans like nobody knows what football is. I get so sick of hearing him explain the game like it's everybody's first game to watch and need the rules explained over and over and over. Without, what a little humor he brings to the game, I could easily do without him announcing games.

BigChiefFan
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Madden is good in alot of ways because he brings some humor to the game, however, he really talks down to fans like nobody knows what football is. I get so sick of hearing him explain the game like it's everybody's first game to watch and need the rules explained over and over and over. Without, what a little humor he brings to the game, I could easily do without him annoucing games.

Ari Chi3fs
06-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Network TV whore.

shaneo69
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Wonder who the play-by-play guy will be....Tom Harmon?

Or maybe Costas.

ptlyon
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Wonder who the play-by-play guy will be....Tom Harmon?

Or maybe Costas.

If we're lucky it will be Chi Chi Rodriguez.

Sam
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
...Ray Ray getting double teamed and then the video shots of Will and Tony Richardson just owning him. A chiefs moment to be cherished if you ask me. And for that he gets slack for another year. :harumph:

That was so sweet!

siberian khatru
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Heh, I had forgotten about the new lineup -- Sunday Night Football on NBC, MNF on ESPN.

Guess I forgot because it doesn't really matter to me where it's shown -- I'll watch it.

Is Michaels doing the ESPN games? Is the Patrick/Theisman/Maguire team defunct?

ptlyon
06-15-2005, 11:57 AM
Is the Patrick/Theisman/Maguire team defunct?

Please God, let this be so.

foxman
06-15-2005, 12:10 PM

I used to think Madden was the worst.... those three guys should be lined in front of a fireing squad and shot. If they are gone who will ride Ron Mexico's joc?

Goapics1
06-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Amen. :clap:

Thig Lyfe
06-15-2005, 01:02 PM
I think madden should cover rock-paper-scissors tournaments on ESPN 8: The Ocho.

That would be entertaining.

Amnorix
06-15-2005, 01:19 PM
...And because he's never been funny, original, or infromative.

I got enough of that "WAM", "POW", "ZAPP" crap watching Batman in the '60s

Actually, 15 or so years ago, before he became a parody of himself, he wasn't bad. How far he's fallen is just sad to see.

keg in kc
06-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Actually, 15 or so years ago, before he became a parody of himself, he wasn't bad. How far he's fallen is just sad to see.Yeah, I didn't mind him in the early 90's on Fox. Like they say, though, too much of a good thing. Not to mention the toll that time passing takes on an older fella...

Nzoner
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM

Exactly.The mrs even :rolleyes: one time when John used his little telestratour to circle the qb followed by,"now,see this guy,he's the qb,he's the general....."