PDA

View Full Version : Who do YOU think will start at MLB

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
I havn't been here much,so I am not sure if this has been posted. If so just let me know.:)

Phobia
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Who do I think will start? Wow. I don't have enough data to make that call yet. No idea. It could be Bell, Maz (heh), Mitchell, Fox, Boomer - nobody knows for certain.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 11:56 AM
I know,thats why I made this. Just an early opinion.

TRing
06-15-2005, 12:03 PM
i said this in a different thread but i think who ever starts will thrive with johnson and bell on either side of him. Mitchell will look better if it is him for the simple fact he won't have to make as many plays. This might upset some Scanlon fans but i dont think he has what it takes to start the opener, he might learn as we go but the NFLE and the NFL are two totally different games. I hope for the chiefs sake that he proves me wrong.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 12:24 PM
IMHO, I expect it to be Mitchell. It's not like he is head and shoulders that much, If at all any better than the others. He's younger and faster than Maz, he's had a year in Gun's scheme to better prepair himself for.

Can Rich or Boomer unseat him, it's possible, but I don't expect it. Both are capable because Mitchell is that weak at it.I say this and haven't seem Boomer play a down yet.

OK planeteers, don't faint.

HemiEd
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Maz

Cochise
06-15-2005, 12:31 PM
Maz if he's healthy, but it'll be Mitchell, Boomer as backup and Scanlon as special teams flag drawer in all probability.

Biohazard
06-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Who ever shows up and really wants that spot, it'll be a knockdown fight for MLB, its going to be fun to see!

nascher
06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
2006 Scanlon will be the starting MLB

CoMoChief
06-15-2005, 12:35 PM
WTF Kawika Mitchell?!?!? He's such a piece of shit. Why the hell is he in the voting lead?

Braincase
06-15-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm betting that the criticism and competition will light a fire under Mitchell's ass, and he becomes the starter. I wouldn't want Maz, Scanlon & Boomer crawling up my ass if I were him. 2nd rounder needs to sack up and show he's not a bust ala Freeman.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 12:41 PM
WTF Kawika Mitchell?!?!? He's such a piece of shit. Why the hell is he in the voting lead?

He didn't really have a chance last year.And if I remember right,he had the second most tackles for us.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 12:45 PM
He didn't really have a chance last year.And if I remember right,he had the second most tackles for us.

A chance ? please explain this one .

2nd most tackles...... he should, for that matter the MLB should lead the team but we can cut him some slack for missing some games because of an injury.

TRing
06-15-2005, 12:52 PM
Mitchell is exceptionally athletic, if he could build his awareness than he would be a descent MLB until then its a dog fight for the starting position

SNR
06-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Probably Mitchell.

htismaqe
06-15-2005, 12:55 PM
To be fair, all defense or criticism of Mitchell aside, the question was "Who do you think will start?" not "Who do you WANT to start?"

That's kind of like "Who do you think will start at DE?" We all know how bad he sucks, but when it comes down to it, Eric Hicks will be starting for as long as Dick Vermeil is here.

keg in kc
06-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Not Marvcus Patton.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 03:07 PM
I was just thinking about it and seeing what some of your guys opinions were as of now.

NJ Chief Fan
06-15-2005, 03:17 PM
ITS ALL BOOMER BABY

MOhillbilly
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Scanlon

Thig Lyfe
06-15-2005, 03:39 PM
IMO it makes more sense to have Bell in the middle with Fooj and DJ on the sides.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Thats what I thought Wolf.But from the looks of it, I don't think thats going to happen.

Thig Lyfe
06-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Thats what I thought Wolf.But from the looks of it, I don't think thats going to happen.

I guess they see something in Kawika that everybody else doesn't.

go bowe
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
boom, boom, boom, booooooooomer!! :D :D :D

htismaqe
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
I guess they see something in Kawika that everybody else doesn't.

I don't think that's it.

I think Gunther is gushing man-juice over the thought of Bell speed-rushing from the outside ala Derrick Thomas.

I personally would prefer to see Bell in the middle, because I think our biggest weakness is stopping the run.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
Yea,I think its just gun or who ever doesn't want to switch Bell to the middle.It doesn't bother me to much though,because Fujitas speed will help on ST's.

Goapics1
06-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Scanlon won't unless his chainpulling thread reaches 500 post.

Edubs
06-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Boomer will be our man.......you will see.

RedThat
06-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Who will start at MLB? Tough one, and good question. I think if Maz gets healthy again he has a good shot. Mitchell was disappointing last year, and looked promising at the end of the season. We can't count him out. I like Boomer, the stuff I've read about him makes me think he can be the guy. I'll go by my own intuition and say Boomer Grigsby will be the starter at least by mid-season, if not, later.

*Scanlon has no chance. Sorry ROYC75

Mr. Laz
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
1. maz if healthy
2. mitchell he'll get every chance to win the job

waaaaay too early to make this call though

runnercyclist
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Tyler Durden

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Kawika, I'd like to see Boomer but it may not be good having 2 rookies start at linebacker

Thig Lyfe
06-15-2005, 04:34 PM
I don't think that's it.

I think Gunther is gushing man-juice over the thought of Bell speed-rushing from the outside ala Derrick Thomas.

I personally would prefer to see Bell in the middle, because I think our biggest weakness is stopping the run.

True. But I think that DJ will be our speed rusher. He's more in the style of a DT anyway. Bell would be more effective as a plug in the middle.

COchief
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
No more MAZ!!! He is a crippled old man who was too slow even before the injuries. Buh-bye

Rausch
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
I think Kawika will win the job and start the first 6 weeks when, while being only mildly impressive, comes down with a Bullshatta Phantoma injury and is replaced by Scanlong the magnificant...

RedThat
06-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I think Kawika will win the job and start the first 6 weeks when, while being only mildly impressive, comes down with a Bullshatta Phantoma injury and is replaced by Scanlong the magnificant...

You don't think Boomer can beat Scanlon? Or are you being sarcastic?

milkman
06-15-2005, 04:50 PM
I think voting has become such a big part of polls.

Mitchell

Not because I think he should, but because he'll be given every benefit of doubt, at least through the early stages of the season.

RedThat
06-15-2005, 04:53 PM
I wonder who the "other" would be. Aside from Maz, Scanlon, Mitchell, and Boomer, can't think of anybody else battling it out for the MLB.

RedThat
06-15-2005, 04:54 PM
sorry, I should've also added Bell.

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 04:57 PM
I didn't know if some people thought one of our OLB would go to MLB or if we aquired a MLB from FA's.If we can still do that.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 05:14 PM
Who will start at MLB? Tough one, and good question. I think if Maz gets healthy again he has a good shot. Mitchell was disappointing last year, and looked promising at the end of the season. We can't count him out. I like Boomer, the stuff I've read about him makes me think he can be the guy. I'll go by my own intuition and say Boomer Grigsby will be the starter at least by mid-season, if not, later.

*Scanlon has no chance. Sorry ROYC75

No need to be sorry, everybody has opinons, err, wait, most everybody does around here.

But you said " No Chance "...... You are already wrong, it has been said by DV he will have a chance. ( that is if you can believe DV all the time.)

RedThat
06-15-2005, 05:17 PM
But you said " No Chance "...... You are already wrong, it has been said by DV he will have a chance. ( that is if you can believe DV all the time.)

There is truth to that. However, DV usually says that about everyone every year.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I didn't know if some people thought one of our OLB would go to MLB or if we aquired a MLB from FA's.If we can still do that.

Right now, I think anything is possible after last years performances on defense.

ROYC75
06-15-2005, 05:19 PM
There is truth to that. However, DV usually says that about everyone every year.

He could well be blown'n smoke up the media's ass due to Rich's success in NFLE ? Who knows ?

RedThat
06-15-2005, 05:22 PM
He could well be blown'n smoke up the media's ass due to Rich's success in NFLE ? Who knows ?

That's a possibility. He is known to blow a few smoke screens here and there, when it comes to trades, and free agents. Maybe he does that, when guys compete as well. Regardless, it'll be an exciting camp. And, I'm happy for Rich Scanlon to know that he is competing for the MLB position.

chiefkdawg
06-15-2005, 05:47 PM
How about a 3-4 with Hicks, Sims, and Allen
then DJ, Boomer, Bell and Fujita?
(just dreamin.....)

whoman69
06-15-2005, 08:35 PM
Not that I think he should but I believe Mitchell will have the job. Boomer is a rookie, so he's out. I can't believe that Maz has anything left in the tank. I think Bell is best suited, but they want him outside for some reason.

old_geezer
06-15-2005, 09:19 PM
I think Mitchell will be the winner by default.

Scanlon will quickly find out that he's no longer playing against scrubs in Europe; Boomer is a rookie from a small college; and I think Maz is finished. If Maz does make it back I think Boomer will have a hard time making the roster, even on special teams.

LiL stumppy
06-16-2005, 11:35 AM
A chance ? please explain this one .

2nd most tackles...... he should, for that matter the MLB should lead the team but we can cut him some slack for missing some games because of an injury.

He was on the worst D in the NFL.One player can't make a horrible D a good one.It was his first year in Gunthers system.And like you stated,he was injured.

LiL stumppy
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I wish we could do a 3-4. We have better LB's this year then we did last year.

ROYC75
06-16-2005, 11:43 AM
I wish we could do a 3-4. We have better LB's this year then we did last year.

We have the LB's to do it, but we have not those 2 dominate DT's that can switch in and out often to make it work.

Right now, Dalton, Sims and Jr. just doesn't give us the push up the middle that is required.

htismaqe
06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
True. But I think that DJ will be our speed rusher. He's more in the style of a DT anyway. Bell would be more effective as a plug in the middle.

I don't think DJ is a true speed-rusher. Yes, he can come off the edge, but he's also excellent in coverage and in space.

As for Bell, Gunther seems to think that he should be rushing the passer on every down. I personally think it's a mistake, but what do I know?

htismaqe
06-16-2005, 12:08 PM
No we don't have the LB's for a 3-4. We don't have the D-line either.

ROYC75
06-16-2005, 12:14 PM
No we don't have the LB's for a 3-4. We don't have the D-line either.

Sorry to disagree with you, I think we do in LB's when Barber is healthy, but I agree about the DL, we are no where close fort that.

Besides, Gun doesn't like to run a 3-4 anyway.

BigChiefFan
06-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I still think DJ would be a good fit at MLBer for us. He's got a nose for the ball, leadership skills, talent, and puts in the time and effort to improve his game.
I'd like to see Bell and Fox on the outside and DJ in the middle.

ROYC75
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I still think DJ would be a good fit at MLBer for us. He's got a nose for the ball, leadership skills, talent, and puts in the time and effort to improve his game.
I'd like to see Bell and Fox on the outside and DJ in the middle.

DJ's natural position is OLB, if you were going to use those 3 to start, put Bell in the middle.

Personally, I thinh Fujita is gone after TC. A 1 year offer, minimal upfront money, Gun wasn't impressed that much with him last year to start with. I just have that feeling.......

BigChiefFan
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
DJ's natural position is OLB, if you were going to use those 3 to start, put Bell in the middle.

Personally, I thinh Fujita is gone after TC. A 1 year offer, minimal upfront money, Gun wasn't impressed that much with him last year to start with. I just have that feeling.......
I know he has been the willbacker, but I still think he could make a smooth transition. I just want the best 3 LBers on the field and Mitchell doesn't make me feel comfortable with the position.