PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try this NO2 supplement yet?

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/no2.html

Talked to 2 people who say they are getting great results with it. It was created by the guy who also began producing creatine. What do you guys think about professional athletes using stuff like this as well.

Clint in Wichita
06-15-2005, 12:58 PM
I don't approve of any athletes taking supplements of any kind, other than regular vitamins.

I know they all have to now, since everyone else is, but in a perfect world athletes would have to bust ass for every microgram of performance, instead of taking any sort of shortcuts.

Chiefnj
06-15-2005, 01:00 PM
So, NO is a free-form gas made in the body, but companies are selling it in a pill?

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
I took it for two months and didn't see the results I was expecting. Vascularity was noticeably different, pump was harder, but not the size and strength gains I expected.

Yes, professional athletes should be allowed to use them too.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't approve of any athletes taking supplements of any kind, other than regular vitamins.

I know they all have to now, since everyone else is, but in a perfect world athletes would have to bust ass for every microgram of performance, instead of taking any sort of shortcuts.

Reduced recovery time = less injuries and better performance. For someone who is so live and let live you sure nut up on this subject.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
So, NO is a free-form gas made in the body, but companies are selling it in a pill?

Just like creatine is in beef and they put it in a pill, yes.

Chiefnj
06-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Just like creatine is in beef and they put it in a pill, yes.
creatine isn't a gas, is it?

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:15 PM
I took it for two months and didn't see the results I was expecting. Vascularity was noticeably different, pump was harder, but not the size and strength gains I expected.

Yes, professional athletes should be allowed to use them too.

Thanks for the feedback. That shit is expensive too. Sure wish we could get the 1-AD. What a bunch of shit. Did you also supplement with creatine when on the NO2?

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
creatine isn't a gas, is it?

No. Here is some more information on NO2.

http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/supplements-reviews/no2-supplement-review.htm

Dave Lane
06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
I used it in my Camaro for a while and it upped the hp by 50 or so. Depends on the ventury size.

Dave

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Did you also supplement with creatine when on the NO2?

Yes, I stayed on Creatine. Every time I get of creatine I start loosing strength and body weight.

I have been thinking about giving NO2 another try, but like you said it is pretty damn expensive, especially added to all the protein and other stuff I take.

Are you still in charge of a gym? If so, or if you know someone, you should be able to get it cheaper.

BTW I have heard guys say it really worked well for them. Guess it's like anything else, different results for everybody.

KC Kings
06-15-2005, 01:36 PM
If you are going to limit athletes from taking supplements, you should also limit them on physical characteristics. Nobody over 6'3" should be allowed to be a pitcher, because it is an unfair advantage. Nobody that can bench over 350lbs should be allowed on the football field.

The only reason athletes are athletes is because they have a physical/mental advantage over the average human being.

As a father I do not want my kids using any supplements, periods.

As a owner/coach, I would want my players to do eveything they can to gain a physical advantage over the opponent including weightroom training, cardio training, and any drug/supplement available that would not have a short term affect on the players health.

As a fan I want the same thing as a coach, but I would allow illegal non-preformance enhancing drugs, (except marijuana), during the offseason, not because I think it's ok, but I don't care what they do to their bodies as long as it doesn't affect their game. I would not allow marijuana because I know and have known many habitual marijauna users, and non of them possess the abilty to pay attention while comprehending what is being said or the mental alertness needed on the field.

Would you rather have non-performancing Ryan Simms never make an impact in the NFL and die in his sleep at age 86, or would you have Ryan Simms using roids and amphetimines terrorizing the AFC West and dominating offensive lines for the next 8 years, but dieing in his mid-forties because of drug use?

If it wasn't for drugs there would have never been Lyle Alzado, Lawrence Taylor, Mark McGuire, and God only knows how many other great sports moments in time.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes, I stayed on Creatine. Every time I get of creatine I start loosing strength and body weight.

I have been thinking about giving NO2 another try, but like you said it is pretty damn expensive, especially added to all the protein and other stuff I take.

Are you still in charge of a gym? If so, or if you know someone, you should be able to get it cheaper.

BTW I have heard guys say it really worked well for them. Guess it's like anything else, different results for everybody.

The 1-AD really worked I can't believe they took it off the market. I really liked ergopharm. All they are doing is promoting the use of steroids now. For the same price as NO2 you can do a cycle with much better results. JMO

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 01:40 PM
KC Kings

Ditto on the post. More fun to watch and if they want to take the risk/chances that's their body not mine!

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 01:46 PM
KC Kings

Ditto on the post. More fun to watch and if they want to take the risk/chances that's their body not mine!

They are getting paid millions of dollars and cycling has made it relatively safe. Hell you had Albert Beckels roiding hard at 53 when he won the Mr. Olympia and he had been stacking big time for over 20 years. Saw him on a bodybuilding special on ESPN a little while back. That guys got to be pushing 70 and makes most men still look bad. The days of people like Alzado are long gone. If somebody wants to be stupid and mix them with anphetamines what can I tell you?

Brock
06-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Would you rather have non-performancing Ryan Simms never make an impact in the NFL and die in his sleep at age 86, or would you have Ryan Simms using roids and amphetimines terrorizing the AFC West and dominating offensive lines for the next 8 years, but dieing in his mid-forties because of drug use?

If he can't do it naturally, he should not even be playing. If you have guys taking steroids, it forces their opponents to take them as well. No thanks.

UKMike
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM

You really think that? I'm fine with athletes taking stuff that is proven to have no significant health effects, but not stuff that does.

UKMike
06-15-2005, 02:04 PM
If he can't do it naturally, he should not even be playing. If you have guys taking steroids, it forces their opponents to take them as well. No thanks.

Thats exactly what I was thinking but I couldnt think how to phrase it. How can it be a good thing that the best are only the best because they were more willing to sacrifice a third of their life for sport.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 02:05 PM

If you think "most" professional football players, bodybuilders, etc, any sport where they are physically "gifted" aren't using, you are being naive.

Brock
06-15-2005, 02:09 PM
If you think "most" professional football players, bodybuilders, etc, any sport where they are physically "gifted" aren't using, you are being naive.

I don't think most most pro football players are using, and I don't think you can prove that they are.

As for bodybuilding, that is not a sport. Guys wearing banana hammock speedos outside of a swimming pool is just plain gay.

Calcountry
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
If it wasn't for drugs there would have never been Lyle Alzado, Lawrence Taylor, Mark McGuire, and God only knows how many other great sports moments in time.

Heck, why not pump em to the point that they explode on the field, Gawd, how Roman.

There should be uniform food supplement rules arbitrated in the collective bargaining agreement. If it is legal for a Doctor to prescribe, then it should be legal for a pro teams doctor to prescribe, TO ALL players under the rules.

The real debate here is that there are no rules.

Some just have a hard time with rules.

Calcountry
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
If you think "most" professional football players, bodybuilders, etc, any sport where they are physically "gifted" aren't using, you are being naive.Agreed.

The governator has been pretty much silent on the Roid issue.

If it weren't for roids, he wouldn't be Governor.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
As for bodybuilding, that is not a sport.

Agreed. I was just meaning "physically gifted" athletes. Not soccer, basketball, nor most baseball players. I do think a lot of linemen, LBs and the likes are using or have used.

Spicy McHaggis
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM

Talked to 2 people who say they are getting great results with it. It was created by the guy who also began producing creatine. What do you guys think about professional athletes using stuff like this as well.

Is this the stuff that creates a better and longer "pump"? I was looking into it but on my limited student funds I don't like throwing money down on supplements that I don't know work for sure or might cause long term damage. Also I need to look at the NCAA guidelines on all this as it looks like I'll be playing collegiate sports in about 9 months.

As for pro athletes using it I think sports dances around too much on it. Example: baseball outlawed a lot of anabolics but dragged its feet on Andro. It's easy to say that you shouldn't be able to use anything but there is such a large grey area. Does "anything" include protein, creatine, metabolism/system uppers? Does the government have any more right to outlaw these than it does tobacco or alchohol? Does the NFL as a private corporation have the right to limit legal substances it's employees can take?

Personally I'm off creatine right now and just doing whey protein, which if you're going to take anything you should take protein. I'll probably start a new creatine cycle at the start of the month or I might just stay natural and see what gains I can make.

One last thing, another shout out and thanks to Big D for helping me kick off my training a few months back.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't think most most pro football players are using, and I don't think you can prove that they are.

As for bodybuilding, that is not a sport. Guys wearing banana hammock speedos outside of a swimming pool is just plain gay.

It's like Romanowski said. "I took everything I thought could give me an edge right up until they found a way to test for it" That is almost every athlete. They are the elite of the elite and are always looking for an advantage or they wouldn't be there. If you know any professional athlete's on more than casual level they will all tell you the same thing, you just won't catch them saying that to the media. Romanowski was the only one with the huevos to say how it is. This will never change either. One day all this supplement hysteria will go away (probably with the Bush administration) and they will find a way to mask it and it will be back. We just need to ask ourselves how much we are willing to spend to micromanage ever element of an athletes life. Do you have any idea how many performancing enhancing substances there are out there besides roids? Do you have any idea how many there will probably be as technology increases? We would have been better off just letting the roid thing go from every angle being that it is relatively safe especially under a doctors supervision.

Brock
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
It's like Romanowski said. "I took everything I thought could give me an edge right up until they found a way to test for it" That is almost every athlete. They are the elite of the elite and are always looking for an advantage or they wouldn't be there. If you know any professional athlete's on more than casual level they will all tell you the same thing, you just won't catch them saying that to the media. Romanowski was the only one with the huevos to say how it is.

I'm not saying supplements shouldn't be legal. I'm just saying that pro athletes should play on a level playing field, and certain players shouldn't indirectly force others to take something they don't want to take just to stay competitive.

UKMike
06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
It's like Romanowski said. "I took everything I thought could give me an edge right up until they found a way to test for it" That is almost every athlete. They are the elite of the elite and are always looking for an advantage or they wouldn't be there. If you know any professional athlete's on more than casual level they will all tell you the same thing, you just won't catch them saying that to the media. Romanowski was the only one with the huevos to say how it is. This will never change either. One day all this supplement hysteria will go away (probably with the Bush administration) and they will find a way to mask it and it will be back. We just need to ask ourselves how much we are willing to spend to micromanage ever element of an athletes life. Do you have any idea how many performancing enhancing substances there are out there besides roids? Do you have any idea how many there will probably be as technology increases? We would have been better off just letting the roid thing go from every angle being that it is relatively safe especially under a doctors supervision.

The problem is if one guy takes everyone else has to to be able to compete. On something which can have a significant effect on your health this isn't fair.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Brock

Compare the players at their positions over the last 30, 20 and even 10 years. Do you really believe evolution is advancing that fast.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
I'm just saying that pro athletes should play on a level playing field, and certain players shouldn't indirectly force others to take something they don't want to take just to stay competitive.

They are on a level playing field....most are using!

Brock
06-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Brock

Compare the players at their positions over the last 30, 20 and even 10 years. Do you really believe evolution is advancing that fast.

I was considered a big guy in high school. When I go to school functions for my kids, a lot of the kids there, including my own, are a good 3 to 6 inches taller than me. So whether it's evolution, or the hormones in the food, I don't know. But yeah, as a society, we're getting bigger. As for the athletes, a lot more is known today about nutrition and how to increase mass, without any kinds of drugs.

Brock
06-15-2005, 02:35 PM
They are on a level playing field....most are using!

There are no facts to back that up.

Taco John
06-15-2005, 02:39 PM
I took NO for a couple of months. It definitely gave me a pump like the literature talks about... But it didn't do anything as far as definition goes. Just straight bulk... And once I stopped using it, the gains went away like they weren't even there to begin with. Recovery time was great though. I hardly ever felt sore. I'm starting in on a kettlebell routine, and I'm considering finishing the rest of the bottle that I have in the cabinte just to get me past the initial soreness phases.

Aside from that, I can't imagine ever buying another bottle of the stuff. I'm convinced that eating the right diet and drinking a lot of water will be effective enough.

Spicy McHaggis
06-15-2005, 02:40 PM
Brock

True, but training/nutrition in general have made huge advancements over that time also. 'Steroids' or supplements play a part too sure.

As the money increased so does the pressure to perform. If I'm a rookie and I can gain an edge in a game that can set me for life you better believe I'm going to consider it. Outside the situation as I am now I'd like to think I wouldn't but if my job is on the line everyday it becomes a lot more tempting. At that point of one's life you tend to believe you're invincible anyway, 40 years old seems a long way away.

ChiefsOne
06-15-2005, 02:49 PM
Brock
I was considered a big guy in high school. When I go to school functions for my kids, a lot of the kids there, including my own, are a good 3 to 6 inches taller than me. So whether it's evolution, or the hormones in the food, I don't know. But yeah, as a society, we're getting bigger. As for the athletes, a lot more is known today about nutrition and how to increase mass, without any kinds of drugs.

I agree with you on that, but I also believe Romo's statement about alot of people are using, plus the way they change (cycle) it hard to detect everything.

Designer drugs. There is so much stuff out there we don't even realize.

Chiefnj
06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Anyone ever take HGH??

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
The problem is if one guy takes everyone else has to to be able to compete. On something which can have a significant effect on your health this isn't fair.

Did you read what I wrote about Albert Beckles? Nothing changes banning it either there will just be another mask and another substance. You gotta ask yourself a question. Where is this road taking us and why is the government involved? :shrug:

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
One last thing, another shout out and thanks to Big D for helping me kick off my training a few months back.

HOw is that working out for you? You should definately be seeing some good results by now.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Anyone ever take HGH??

I never did but I worked with several people who were taking it with steroids in bodybuilding. They got great results. I would like to start taking it soon for the anti-aging properties of it. I don't have an extra G sitting around every month to do that though. Maybe in a few years. Hopefully it will come down in price by then too. Be nice to see it in the $500 category.

Chiefnj
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I never did but I worked with several people who were taking it with steroids in bodybuilding. They got great results. I would like to start taking it soon for the anti-aging properties of it. I don't have an extra G sitting around every month to do that though. Maybe in a few years. Hopefully it will come down in price by then too. Be nice to see it in the $500 category.

HGH is a $1,000 a month?

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:41 PM
HGH is a $1,000 a month?

Yea, last guy I know that got it was paying that and he has serious connections. The guy before was paying like $1,200.

KC Kings
06-15-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm not saying supplements shouldn't be legal. I'm just saying that pro athletes should play on a level playing field, and certain players shouldn't indirectly force others to take something they don't want to take just to stay competitive.

Not trying to get in a pissing match, but you are really contradicting yourself. What percentage of NFL players, would you say never use supplements? Whether it is protien or creatine or any other supplement, it is just that, a supplement. A product used to suplement a diet or bodily chemicals that otherwise would be impossible to duplicate naturally. I would bet that over 95% of all pro athletes use supplements, dictating that as the level playing field.

I understand what you are saying. When you think about it, it is almost unsportsmanlike to give yourself an unfair advantage using drugs, so it goes against how most of us are programmed. I have seen college players, and see the high school kids in my neighborhood using MetRx, protein, and other suplpements.

Two wrongs don't make a right, and that is why as a parent I will be against my kids using supplements or any other drugs. When it comes to sports, if John Buck can take some Ginko Biloba to help him get more hits, I'm all for it. If Sweeny can rub some special Bonds cream on his oblique, get it to him. The only problem with saying only "legal" drugs, is that steroids and a lot of illegal drugs are safe if they are not used improperly. Ephidrine, ghb, RobotussinDX, and other legal drugs have also been found to be just as dangerous is used improperly.

Spicy McHaggis
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
HOw is that working out for you? You should definately be seeing some good results by now.

Working out great, I've cut nearly all the fat I put on my first year. Definately bigger and stronger than I was. I play in a rec league with my buddies and I've been hitting a lot longer too. All my friends who came back from out of state colleges have been the most impressed as the change is the more dramatic to them. I'm looking to start really working on my core strength. Again I appreciate the help.

Brock
06-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Not trying to get in a pissing match, but you are really contradicting yourself. What percentage of NFL players, would you say never use supplements? Whether it is protien or creatine or any other supplement, it is just that, a supplement. A product used to suplement a diet or bodily chemicals that otherwise would be impossible to duplicate naturally. I would bet that over 95% of all pro athletes use supplements, dictating that as the level playing field.

I'm saying, IMO, supplements should be legal. If the average guy on the street wants to buy them, he should be able to. But that the NFL, or MLB, or whoever, should be able to ban the substances that it defines as dangerous to the health of its employees.

I am aware that a lot of supplements are being taken by athletes, but the NFL in particular has done a good thing by banning steroids and ephedrine. At least those two are off the table to a large degree.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:51 PM
Working out great, I've cut nearly all the fat I put on my first year. Definately bigger and stronger than I was. I play in a rec league with my buddies and I've been hitting a lot longer too. All my friends who came back from out of state colleges have been the most impressed as the change is the more dramatic to them. I'm looking to start really working on my core strength. Again I appreciate the help.

Great, congratulations it's cool to see you getting results.

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm using 3rd generation NO2 and it's awesome I'm 6'1'' and 170lbs I'm leg pressing over 750 pounds compared to my 680 before.

Goapics1
06-15-2005, 03:54 PM
No I have not.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm saying, IMO, supplements should be legal. If the average guy on the street wants to buy them, he should be able to. But that the NFL, or MLB, or whoever, should be able to ban the substances that it defines as dangerous to the health of its employees.

I am aware that a lot of supplements are being taken by athletes, but the NFL in particular has done a good thing by banning steroids and ephedrine. At least those two are off the table to a large degree.

Nothing wrong with steroids or ephedrine. The media blitz has just led you to believe there is. You have any idea how many people were taking ephedrine and how few had issues? We will never know but my guess is some of it or maybe even all of it was due either a lack of a particular mineral in their system or a genetic defect. I could make similar claims for people who eat scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Truth be known there are athletic types that drop all the time and most are due to a lack of minerals in their system. The two most common are potassium and magnesium. The last 3 we had here in the bay area were from that. 2 from potassium and one from magnesium.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:01 PM
No I have not.

Hey if end up hooking up with that I really want to **** you wife.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm using 3rd generation NO2 and it's awesome I'm 6'1'' and 170lbs I'm leg pressing over 750 pounds compared to my 680 before.

That's exactly the product the guys are taking that claimed great results. They are buying it at GNC. I gotta tell you though $124 a month is very steep. You could do a cycle for about the same price.

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2005, 04:14 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/BannedSubstances/default.htm

This is the list to go by, because if it is clinicaly unsafe I don't take it.

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2005, 04:16 PM
That's exactly the product the guys are taking that claimed great results. They are buying it at GNC. I gotta tell you though $124 a month is very steep. You could do a cycle for about the same price.

Hell, on the internet you can get it at $50 to $70 bucks

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
Hell, on the internet you can get it at $50 to $70 bucks

That's not as bad. I went to getno2.com and that's what they wanted. What sight are you getting it for that much from?

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:23 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/modules/BannedSubstances/default.htm

This is the list to go by, because if it is clinicaly unsafe I don't take it.

I won't go back down that road with you. There is a great magazine called Muscular Developement magazine that covers reseach globally being done on the subject of supplementation. I don't trust the FDA or the Olympic committee any further than I can throw them.

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2005, 04:33 PM
That's not as bad. I went to getno2.com and that's what they wanted. What sight are you getting it for that much from?

http://www.mrihq.com/store/

correction $80 bucks

Rausch
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM

Never tried it, but have been getting great results with N20... (http://www.whipeez.com/)

:drool:

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:39 PM
http://www.mrihq.com/store/

correction $80 bucks

I'm over 200 pounds so that is 10 pills a day. That's $124 a month. Hell I could do a good cycle of Sustanon and Deca for that.

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Never tried it, but have been getting great results with N20... (http://www.whipeez.com/)

:drool:

ROFL

Tribal Warfare
06-15-2005, 04:45 PM
first a person shouldn't take tNO2 two times a day you only need to take it once before you work out

http://www.bsnonline.net/bsnlow/pages/noxplode.php

If you think that's to pricey take a look at no-xplode I'm going to switch to that when I'm finished with my NO2

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:51 PM
first a person shouldn't take tNO2 two times a day you only need to take it once before you work out

http://www.bsnonline.net/bsnlow/pages/noxplode.php

If you think that's to pricey take a look at no-xplode I'm going to switch to that when I'm finished with my NO2

Let me save you some money

http://www.advantagesupplements.com/bsn.html

Freekofnature
06-15-2005, 06:16 PM
Do you take creatine?

I'm starting to develop terrible migraines and headaches when I workout(especially on the big lifts) now and I heard Creatine can help stop it.

I heard Creatine dilates the veins unlike caffeine which has probably helped me develop the headaches.

I'm doing the research, but I would like to hear it from a first hand user.

Fairplay
06-15-2005, 08:25 PM
Im through with any creatine or products of the like, personally i think its wasted money, but to each their own. I take vitaman supplements (Andrew Lessmen's) and a protien drink. Thats about it. Then go to the gym 3-4 days a week.