PDA

View Full Version : Student gets charged for throwing up on teacher

LiL stumppy
06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
"Teen is charged for vomiting on teacher

OLATHE, Kan., June 15 (UPI) -- An Olathe, Kan., high school student who vomited on his Spanish teacher has been charged with battery against a school official.

The father of the 17-year-old said his son was uncontrollably ill from the stress of final examinations and did not mean to throw up on the teacher.

Johnson County, Kan., prosecutors, however, claimed the vomiting was intentional and brought the misdemeanor charge.

Spanish teacher David Young said the whole thing was "outrageous."

"A message needs to be sent, and I think a message is being sent by both the school district and the district attorney that this behavior will not be tolerated," Young told the Topeka (Kan.) Capital Journal.

Olathe Northwest High School reportedly expelled the student."

Wow

chiefs4me
06-15-2005, 02:51 PM
:shake:

Edubs
06-15-2005, 02:52 PM
How can you vomit on purpose? Did he stick his finger down his throat?

Braincase
06-15-2005, 02:59 PM

Ipecac will get you there.

Phobia
06-15-2005, 03:00 PM
He told his friends he was planning to vomit on the teacher prior to doing so....

He may have been ill, but I'm pretty sure these are legitimate charges.

Herzig
06-15-2005, 03:03 PM
As a teacher, I totally support these actions. How do you let yourself vomit on someone? Could this kid not have turned his head another direction?

Rain Man
06-15-2005, 03:21 PM
"Olathe Northwest High School reportedly expelled the student."

Heh-heh. The punishment fits the crime.

Mr. Laz
06-15-2005, 03:27 PM
he's old enough to hold it long enough to turn his head the other direction.

like phildo said, he was bragging BEFORE he spewed on the teacher.

Ari Chi3fs
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM
i barfed on my 4th grade teachers legs and shoes while she held the trashcan for me... she didnt believe I was sick.

Sorry Mrs. Rosemary Eldred. :Lin:

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 03:38 PM
As a teacher, I totally support these actions. How do you let yourself vomit on someone? Could this kid not have turned his head another direction?

I've been vomitted on unintentionally. granted we were in a car but he faced the other way and the vomit ricocheted(sp?) off the back window to all over me.

If the kid purposely went up to throw up on the teacher then the punishment is fair. If the teacher was accidently thrown up on than that is just another example of how high school/junior high teachers are some of the worst people in America

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM

you really have over a half-million posts?

seclark
06-15-2005, 03:45 PM
i puked on mrs. davis in first grade when she made me eat my spinach at lunch. i told her i'd barf, and she made me eat it anyway. bitch made me stay in from recess and write 30 times, "i will not throw up on purpose".

it's been 39 years, and i'm still pissed.
sec

nolimitpk
06-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I've been vomitted on unintentionally. granted we were in a car but he faced the other way and the vomit ricocheted(sp?) off the back window to all over me.

If the kid purposely went up to throw up on the teacher then the punishment is fair. If the teacher was accidently thrown up on than that is just another example of how high school/junior high teachers are some of the worst people in America

Some of the worst people in america? your a idiot really. How would you feel having to deal with 20+ kids on a daily basis that act like that? Then on top of that trying to pay of the student loans you racked up with under $30,000 a year to teach hapless idiots like yourself. Worst people are you. Im not a teacher but I was a bad, bad kid at school and I dont see how they could even go to work everyday. You obviously are old and know very little.

Rain Man
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM

He's a big Scanlon fan.

Herzig
06-15-2005, 04:10 PM

My true post count can be figured by subtracting a half million from my post total.

unlurking
06-15-2005, 04:15 PM
That would be called "Intelligent Design".

Zebedee DuBois
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
In the first grade I vomited on my science book while seated at my desk.

In the third grade, I went up to the teachers desk to tell her I didn't feel good, and then it started coming up....I turned my head and it all went into the trash can beside her desk.

If a third grader can do that, a high schooler definatly should be able. He deserves the expulsion.

Simplex3
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Some of the worst people in america? your a idiot really. How would you feel having to deal with 20+ kids on a daily basis that act like that? Then on top of that trying to pay of the student loans you racked up with under $30,000 a year to teach hapless idiots like yourself. Worst people are you. Im not a teacher but I was a bad, bad kid at school and I dont see how they could even go to work everyday. You obviously are old and know very little.
ROFL From the looks of this post those wonderful teachers didn't help you much.

Pants
06-15-2005, 04:28 PM
I've never puked in school. But my best friend puked all over a girl sitting in front of him in 2nd grade.

Zebedee DuBois
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
ROFL From the looks of this post those wonderful teachers didn't help you much.

You don't know where his starting point was....they may have worked a miracle.

ZootedGranny
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
In 2nd grade I went up to the teacher to tell her I felt ill, and immediately upon ending the sentence, a torrent of vomit launched out of my mouth. She was drenched from her neck down, it was unreal the amount of puke that sprayed out of my mouth.

Simplex3
06-15-2005, 04:38 PM
You don't know where his starting point was....they may have worked a miracle.
Interresting. He may actually be that drunken monkey I was thinking could start at MLB this year... :hmmm:

BIG_DADDY
06-15-2005, 04:39 PM
What that's not a felony? WTF everything else is.

Calcountry
06-15-2005, 04:42 PM
Face it, you threw up ON Dean Wormer.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 04:43 PM
What? Turn his head? That would spoil his aim.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 04:47 PM

Hey, Greg, did you see what our resident genious said about you?

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 04:59 PM

no, you got me wrong. That is what I have seen personally as a student and what I read in the news. Like the kids who were expelled for playing cops & robbers is a good example. Now there are a lot of great teachers out there that are great people, but what I mean is that the bad ones are some of the worst people in the world jacka$$. And there are a LOT of bad teachers that get off on their newfound authority and don't give a hell about the students. If you don't like my opinion than go f*ck yourself a$$hole.

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey, Greg, did you see what our resident genious said about you?

ok I worded it wrong. The bad teachers are some of the worst people in America and there are a LOT of bad teachers. Not every teacher, the bad ones which probably make up about a 1/3

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 05:06 PM
ok I worded it wrong. The bad teachers are some of the worst people in America and there are a LOT of bad teachers. Not every teacher, the bad ones which probably make up about a 1/3
Your ignorance is hilarious.

Pants
06-15-2005, 05:09 PM
Skip, the schools aren't like what they used to be in the '20s anymore.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Skip, the schools aren't like what they used to be in the '20s anymore.
How do you know what schools were like in the '20's?

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Your ignorance is hilarious.

well I'd rather just be ignorant than stupid

Herzig
06-15-2005, 06:14 PM

It's too bad you're both.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Like you're smart enough to know the difference. You're criminally ignorant. I'd just plead stupidity if I were you.

Rain Man
06-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Why should he plead stupidity if the charge is criminal ignorance? If anything, shouldn't he just stay mum on the stupidity thing and try to plea bargain down the ignorance?

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Why should he plead stupidity if the charge is criminal ignorance? If anything, shouldn't he just stay mum on the stupidity thing and try to plea bargain down the ignorance?
Nah, the ignorance is gonna stick. He's a repeat offender. I suggested the stupidy as a mitigating circumstance. He might try temporary stupidity.

Zebedee DuBois
06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
What's your rationale for using the word 'temporary'?

Rain Man
06-15-2005, 06:30 PM
I'll yield to your expertise on this one, then.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 06:34 PM
What's your rationale for using the word 'temporary'?
The defense objected to permanent stupidity so I bargained.

Rain Man
06-15-2005, 06:38 PM
It just occurred to me. Since that kid barfed on his Spanish teacher, is this a hate crime?

Herzig
06-15-2005, 06:59 PM
I'm officially nominating this thread to be moved to the "Hall of Classics" forum
ROFL ROFL

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm officially nominating this thread to be moved to the "Hall of Classics" forum
ROFL ROFL
Definately, Greg. Pick out a couple of his other dandies and we'll enter it as a trilogy.

Zebedee DuBois
06-15-2005, 07:06 PM
ROFL

I was just telling my wife about this and she said, " Really, I threw up on my spanish teacher, too."

Evidently, she suddenly felt ill and stood up and started walking to the door, the restrooms being across the hall. The spanish teacher wanted her to ask permission to leave and blocked the door, saying, "En espaniol, senorita!" She spattered his shoes. She tells me he hadn't taught them the word for vomit yet.

Herzig
06-15-2005, 07:13 PM
"Come out with your pants down!!!!"

Inspector
06-15-2005, 07:59 PM
no, you got me wrong. That is what I have seen personally as a student and what I read in the news. Like the kids who were expelled for playing cops & robbers is a good example. Now there are a lot of great teachers out there that are great people, but what I mean is that the bad ones are some of the worst people in the world jacka$$. And there are a LOT of bad teachers that get off on their newfound authority and don't give a hell about the students. If you don't like my opinion than go f*ck yourself a$$hole.

Yep. A few bad ones can make the rest look bad. Kind of like cops.

ENDelt260
06-15-2005, 08:03 PM
It just occurred to me. Since that kid barfed on his Spanish teacher, is this a hate crime?
Hahahaha...

Say, where did this knowledge about the kid bragging about doing it come from... other than Phildo's post?

ENDelt260
06-15-2005, 08:04 PM
The spanish teacher wanted her to ask permission to leave and blocked the door, saying, "En espaniol, senorita!" She spattered his shoes. She tells me he hadn't taught them the word for vomit yet.

Necesito vomitar!

Phobia
06-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Hahahaha...

Say, where did this knowledge about the kid bragging about doing it come from... other than Phildo's post?

From the local evening news. Last night.

Phobia
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Necesito vomitar!

amia!

ENDelt260
06-15-2005, 08:23 PM
amia!
Heh.

Skip Towne
06-15-2005, 08:41 PM
Necesito vomitar!
I might have known you would know.

StcChief
06-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Just like an idiot kid to brag before/after something is done.

He deserves it for being stupid.

Add more chlorine to gene pool there.

Pants
06-15-2005, 10:41 PM
Just like an idiot kid to brag before/after something is done.

He deserves it for being stupid.

Add more chlorine to gene pool there.

:spock:

I don't think he's getting the death penalty.

KCChiefsMan
06-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Like you're smart enough to know the difference. You're criminally ignorant. I'd just plead stupidity if I were you.

I'm not going to sit here and participate in this "I'm smart, you're stupid" debate. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a guess. You're either a hippie or a redneck. Those are mainly the people who get so offended when they hear something they do not agree with

nolimitpk
06-15-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm not going to sit here and participate in this "I'm smart, you're stupid" debate. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and take a guess. You're either a hippie or a redneck. Those are mainly the people who get so offended when they hear something they do not agree with
NO, MAYBE PEOPLE THINK YOUR A **** FACE ASSHOLE WHO DOESNT KNOW RAT SHIT FROM RICE KRISPIES!

Bob Dole
06-16-2005, 05:25 AM
If it was intentional, they're doing the right thing with the sick bastard.

KCChiefsMan
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
NO, MAYBE PEOPLE THINK YOUR A **** FACE ASSHOLE WHO DOESNT KNOW RAT SHIT FROM RICE KRISPIES!

well you're right I am an asshole, I'm a freakin bastard. I can't help it with all of the idiots in the world. If you think I'm one of them, well thats your opinion and have a great day.

ENDelt260
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Which is not necessarily mutually exclusive from Skip being a redneck hippie, of course.

Dr. Van Halen
06-16-2005, 10:08 AM
well you're right I am an asshole, I'm a freakin bastard. I can't help it with all of the idiots in the world. If you think I'm one of them, well thats your opinion and have a great day.

People are calling you names because you said something like "teachers are the worst people in the world" or some idiotic rot like that. This isn't a matter of hippies or rednecks disagreeing with you. This is a matter of you saying something wrong, and people having a strong reaction to it.

Also, backpedaling to "okay, maybe only 1/3 of all teachers are the worst people in the world" doesn't really make you look better. When you're wrong, try saying something like, "Whoop, my bad. I was speaking out of line."

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
he's old enough to hold it long enough to turn his head the other direction.

like phildo said, he was bragging BEFORE he spewed on the teacher.

That being the case, the charges are legit...

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2005, 10:26 AM
..... another example of how high school/junior high teachers are some of the worst people in America

AppleBee's waiters rock, dude! :rolleyes:

Mr. Kotter
06-16-2005, 10:29 AM

Either your math skills suck, you went to a really bad school, or you are an idiot. Which is it?

AirForceChief
06-16-2005, 10:36 AM

...mmmmmmm, Rice Krispies!

Skip Towne
06-16-2005, 10:54 AM
A redneck or a hippy huh. Just more of your ignorance. You're always wanting to classify people based on your limited knowledge. It's pure ignorance but it makes good comedy.

Goapics1
06-16-2005, 10:56 AM
A redneck or a hippy huh. Just more of your ignorance. You're always wanting to classify people based on your limited knowledge. It's pure ignorance but it makes good comedy.
Skip, who are you referring to?

Pennywise
06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
He should have shit his pants instead. That would have been really funny.

Pants
06-16-2005, 12:08 PM

OK, Mr. Xenophoboe. What KCCM said was pretty dumb, but there might be some freaks out there. I've never met a teacher like that and I always felt sorry for them since they have to put up with so many little f*cktuards who think they're the shit.

KCChiefsMan
06-16-2005, 02:32 PM
heh.

I'll give you a couple of personal examples. How about my 7th grade teacher who sent me to the office and recommended a 2 day suspension for answering a question (correctly) without raising my hand first-the principal thought 3 detentions would be more appropriate.
-How about the 8th grade gym teacher who stood there and laughed when some kid came up from behind me and punched me in the back of the neck which made me fall to the ground. And when I saw the teacher standing there I didn't want to fight back and asked him if he just saw that and he just chuckled at me and I told him to go F himself and I got suspended and he didn't get in any trouble at all.
-I've been sent to the office several times for asking to use the bathroom during class.
-I forgot my lunch money in my locker once and went back to my locker to go get it and a teacher saw me in the empty halls without a hall pass and immediately sent me to the office without lunch.

It's teachers like these that made me want to drop out of high school, I'm glad I didn't but I sure wanted to. And I doubt that these kinds of teachers exist only at the high school I went to. So yeah, I think they are some of the worst people

Saulbadguy
07-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Teen sentenced for vomiting on teacher
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
The Associated Press

OLATHE -- A high school student convicted of vomiting on his Spanish teacher has been ordered to spend the next four months cleaning up anytime someone throws up in a police car.

Johnson County Magistrate Judge Michael Farley said during the sentencing Tuesday that he considered the boy's actions "an assault upon the dignity of all teachers." He also said he hoped to receive a "full confession."

The teen, now 17, was charged with a misdemeanor count of battery in June in the juvenile division of Johnson Country District Court.

During the last day of classes at Olathe Northwest High School, the teen vomited on Spanish teacher David Young as he turned in his textbook.

The boy's attorney, Brian Costello, said the teen vomited because he was nervous about his final exams.

But two other students testified that the teen said he threw up intentionally. One girl said the teen had told her in advance that he planned to throw up on Young on the last day of school. The girl wasn't in class when the teen threw up, but she testified that when she saw the boy later he told her, "You missed it. I did it."

Young said the student, who was failing his class, made no effort to avoid throwing up on him.

"I was just sort of stunned," he said.

gblowfish
07-27-2005, 11:39 AM
In 2nd grade I went up to the teacher to tell her I felt ill, and immediately upon ending the sentence, a torrent of vomit launched out of my mouth. She was drenched from her neck down, it was unreal the amount of puke that sprayed out of my mouth.My wife teaches elementary school art. She's learned over the years that when a seven year old says "I'm gonna be sick" they mean RIGHT NOW!

As for this high school kid, making him do all his community service cleaning up other people's yarp is a fine example of justice, imho.

Respect of teachers and the elderly, and the return of common courtesy and decency should be one of American society's main priorities. The world just isn't as nice as it used to be (said the Grumpy Old Man...)