PDA

View Full Version : Best Ever Nintendo Games

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-16-2005, 08:16 AM
The memories....... just thinking about Tyson's Punch out and the first time I ever knocked him out... :Pimp:

And the literally thousands of hours spent playing Tecmo Super Bowl.... watching DT blast around the corner at 200 MPH and Okoye steamroll the defense. :hail:

I had forgot about Excitebike; spending hours trying to create the most ridiculous track you could. And trying to keep your peice of junk motorcycle from overheating!

Sometimes I wish you could go back! :(

http://barstoolsports.com/article/10_Best_Nintendo_Games_of_All_Time/136/

10 Best Nintendo Games of All Time
By El Presidente (elpresidente@barstoolsports.com)

Itís time to turn back the clock to a simpler time. A time when all that mattered in a young manís life was Nintendo. Yes, we are going back to the days of Robbie the Robot, blowing on the bottom of a game to clean it off and sticking quarters in your Nintendo system to prevent premature shut offs. Without further ado here are the 10 best Nintendo games of all time.

10. RBI Baseball

RBI was the first really good baseball game ever invented. To this day RBI Baseball stands the test of time and can still be played for hours. An added bonus is that the Red Sox had one of the most potent lineups in the game, anchored by Tony Armas and Don Baylor. But maybe the best lineup belonged to the ultra fast Cardinals who had about six guys who couldnít be thrown out on ground balls to short stop. The Cards were led by Vince Coleman in his prime before he got run over by the tarp machine. My team of choice used to be the Giants. There was something about Candy Maldanado, Jose Uribe and Jeffrey ďflaps downĒ Leonard that was attractive to me. A couple things that still stick out in my mind regarding RBI was the fact that if you tried to throw before fielding a ground ball the ball would bounce off you like a pinball machine and you could hit HRís clean out of the stadium. And of course the knuckleball which was virtually impossible to lay off.

9. Duck Hunt

This is the only game I ever played that needed a prop. Though I never once engaged in a competitive game of Duck Hunt, it is still on the list. Everybody played Duck Hunt. It came with the system in the early days so everybody had it. Iím not quite sure there was a point to the game either. I think you just shot the ducks, watched the dog go fetch them out of the high grass and moved onto the next round. Again, I donít think people really loved Duck Hunt but it touched basically everybodyís life one way or another. I used to stand super close to the TV and just destroy the ducks before they had a second to breathe.

8. Excitebike

Excitebike easily could have been the best game of all time if not for one fatal flaw. For some reason only one guy could play at a time. However, despite this obvious programming mistake, Excitebike still had tons to offer. There was something gratifying about making your own Excitebike course to dominate. And Iím not sure any game ever offered such a risk/reward scenario as Excitebike did when you teetered on the line between flooring it and overheating. I still can hear the revving sound of Excitebike echoing in my head as I write this paragraph.

7. Paperboy

To this day I think it is a mystery how Paperboy captivated a nation. It seemed like such an innocent game didnít it? I mean what are the odds that a game centered around delivering a newspaper to somebodyís front door could generate so much excitement? But it did. Everybody who was somebody owned paperboy. People spent countless hours delivering to the white houses, avoiding the red houses, getting attacked by dogs, and avoiding parked cars. And when the frustration became too much to handle, even the strongest paperboy player would turn evil. Yes, the inevitable round of intentionally breaking windows and delivering to the red houses who didnít subscribe.

6. Double Dribble

It may not be the best game of all time, but the introduction may be the most famous. Any NES player worth his salt can hear the ďDouble DribbleĒ introduction voice ringing in their ears right now. Double Dribble was the first playable basketball game ever invented. However, the one thing that still bothers me to this day is how when you went up for a dunk they cut away from the actual game and did a close up of some random figure slamming it home.

5. Ice Hockey

Much like RBI Baseball, the original Ice Hockey is still a game that can be played and enjoyed in modern times. Ice Hockey also featured one of the great debates of our generation: what lineup to choose. I always went with 3 fat guys and 1 skinny guy. The skinny guyís only responsibility was to bring the puck up. To this day I donít understand why anybody would ever start a medium guy. They just brought nothing to the table. Iím also a fan of any game in which you can pit the Red Army vs. the United States. And there was nothing quite like an Ice Hockey melee in which virtually everybody on the ice gets involved with people getting knocked out of the pile every few seconds.

4. Mario Brothers

From this point on in the list Iíd say we are at a different level in terms of all time games. Now we are talking about the best of the best. Itís like the difference between The Iron Sheik and Hulk Hogan getting inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Both were great, but still in very different leagues. Mario Brothers was probably the most widely played game in the history of Nintendo. It didnít matter whether you were an adventure guy or a sports guy; everybody had Mario Brothers because it came with the system. The greatest compliment I could give Mario Brothers is that it mastered the art of making a game difficult, but not impossible to beat. There was always a light at the end of the tunnel with Mario Brothers. There were always more secrets and tricks of the trade to be learned. If you didnít save the Princess in your adolescence then you didnít live. To this day Mario Brothers games are the only adventure games I ever purchased.

3. Mike Tysonís Punchout

15 years from now I could picture myself giving a speech that goes something like this: The three greatest days in my life were the day my child was born, the day I got married and the day I beat Tyson for the first time.Ē Beating Tyson was that big of a deal. I played this game so much growing up that I firmly believe I could knock out Tyson right now in my first try and I haven't played the game in years. (007-373-5693) Anyway, here is who I always thought were the best fighters.
Toughest
Mr. Sandman - I just couldn't figure out those roll punches.
Tyson - 1 minute and 30 seconds of hell in the first round
Bald Bull 2 - The Bull Charge was probably the most devastating combo in the game. Your timing had to be perfect to get the gut shot in.
Super Macho Man - Don't be fooled by his graying hair. His super punch sometimes got the best of me.
Piston Honda 1 - Anybody who claims they beat Piston Honda One in the first 20 times they fought him are lying.
Easiest
Flamingo - Just a total farce.
Magic Tiger - Totally confused when you cover up against his magic assault.
Piston Honda II - I just expected more out of him the 2nd time around after having such a difficult time the first go of it.
Soda Popinski - I don't think I ever lost to Popinski except on purpose to see how he'd react and after watching him flex his pecks at me and drink his soda pop I never lost to him again.
King Hippo - Was incapable of throwing a punch as long as Little Mac was active.

2. Tecmo Bowl

Arguably the greatest football game ever made. The thing that Tecmo Bowl has that no other football game has ever been able to repeat is the ability to play a full game in twenty minutes. While EA Sports makes great games, I still think they take way too long to finish. The beauty of Tecmo was that while it was simple to play it was also extremely complex. The outcome of a Tecmo game was equally determined by brains and raw thumb speed. Tecmo Bowl was also responsible for the advent of a medical condition called ďNintendo thumb.Ē This of course is a legitimate hand injury that can occur from playing too much Nintendo. I played so much Tecmo Bowl growing up that I still wake up in cold sweats from time to time with the Tecmo fumble noise ringing in my head. I personally prefer Tecmo II as opposed to Tecmo I, but they were both great. However, the fact that Tecmo II had all the teams in it pushed it over the edge. Ironically, the Pats and the Colts were by far the worst two teams in Tecmo II.

1. Baseball Stars

When Isnít It? When it is. This is the question and answer that changed lives. This is the code that propelled Baseball Stars from being a good game to the greatest baseball game ever made and arguably the best video game of all time. If we were stuck playing with the Lovely Ladies vs. the Ghastly Monsters I highly doubt weíd be talking about Stars almost 20 years after it hit the street. But the Down, Right, Left, Down, Down, Right Up code made Baseball Stars a way of life back in the late 80ís. No matter where I went as a kid, Baseball Stars followed. It was the first game where you could keep stats and create yourself as a player. The game was the perfect length and was simple to play. The equivalent of winning the lottery as a kid was creating a new team and getting a 99,999,999 guy. Of course if you did get one of these rare gems, friendships were often destroyed by guys who intentionally erased the leagues. I also credit Baseball Stars with the advent of the quarter in the Nintendo system to prevent any power on and power off issues. I honestly donít know how to express just how popular Baseball Stars was in words. Itís like how do you explain Woodstock to somebody who wasnít there?

So there you have it. The ten greatest games in the history of Nintendo. I can already see the adventure freaks lining up at my door to argue about the exclusion of Zelda and Metroid, but I will not be swayed. The aforementioned games are the ones that shaped my childhood and made me the man that I am today.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 08:23 AM
#1, #6 and #10 don't belong on the list at all. #4, who knows if he is talking about "Mario Brothers" or "Super Mario Brothers"?

Yes, the the fact that you did not include the Legend of Zelda makes your list a sham.

CanadianChief
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
What about Kung Fu? I think that was one of the first games I ever played on Nintendo.

cadmonkey
06-16-2005, 08:30 AM
#1, #6 and #10 don't belong on the list at all. #4, who knows if he is talking about "Mario Brothers" or "Super Mario Brothers"?

Yes, the the fact that you did not include the Legend of Zelda makes your list a sham.

I hated Zelda. It was the first game that bred others like Doom, Tomb Raider, and every other fantasy game. I hate those. I'm glad he left it off the list.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-16-2005, 08:32 AM

I agree whole-heartedly about Zelda..... I believe insomnia was not a problem in this world until Zelda was introduced.

nolimitpk
06-16-2005, 08:36 AM
Zelda, Contra, and Final Fantasy should have been included.

RedNFeisty
06-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Kid Chameleon was fun. I spent hours upon hours playing Mario Brothers. I about peed my pants when I saved the Princess for the first time. I never really got into the sports games. I always got my butt kicked and I am not a gracious loser. I still don't play sport games very much other then Hockey and that is only once in a while.

Kid Chameloen was Sega, sorry.

beavis
06-16-2005, 08:47 AM
(007-373-5693)
ROFL

If I live to be 100, I'll still be able to rattle off that number.

Coach
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM
I about peed my pants when I saved the Princess for the first time.

That's sig quality. :p

cookster50
06-16-2005, 09:16 AM
Dragon Warrior series
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 3

Cochise
06-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I agree with him on Baseball Stars, I rented that game so many times from the local video store that I could have owned it 5 times over.

It was the first game I had played at the time where you could dive and jump and climb the wall to make catches, except the old Hardball series on computer. But think about it, the concept of creating a player or team, and developing players further with the points you earned, those were pioneering concepts in sports games. Man, I wish I had bought the game so I'd still have it.

Others that belong on the list:
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon
Castlevania
Metroid (how did any of these 4 get left off?)
Kung Fu
RC Pro Am
Mario 2
Blades of Steel

beavis
06-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Dragon Warrior series
I got the first one for free when I subscribed to Nintendo Power.

pwned the Dragonlord.

Kclee
06-16-2005, 09:30 AM
Akari Warriors
:bang:

Cochise
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Akari Warriors
:bang:

That game actually dates back way before the NES, I had a version of it on my Atari 2600.

cadmonkey
06-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start

Contra, never ending lives!!!!!

Cochise
06-16-2005, 09:38 AM
Tecmo Bowl you have to give it up for, man I loved that one too.

Did anyone else ever experience that bug where in the middle of a game, sometimes it would randomly go to the touchdown celebration in the middle of a play? It would show the touchdown animation and say 'TOUCHDOWN - Bo Jackson" and show the score as 0-0, then send you back to the kickoff sequence?

Great game though, frequently when one of my football teams in real life is getting mauled with only a couple mintues to go, I still think "if this was Tecmo Bowl we could still win".

Goapics1
06-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Geezus. I had all those freakin' games.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 09:44 AM
DeBerg goes long for Robb Thomas...Touchdown!

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
I agree with him on Baseball Stars, I rented that game so many times from the local video store that I could have owned it 5 times over.

It was the first game I had played at the time where you could dive and jump and climb the wall to make catches, except the old Hardball series on computer. But think about it, the concept of creating a player or team, and developing players further with the points you earned, those were pioneering concepts in sports games. Man, I wish I had bought the game so I'd still have it.

Others that belong on the list:
Ninja Gaiden
Double Dragon
Castlevania
Metroid (how did any of these 4 get left off?)
Kung Fu
RC Pro Am
Mario 2
Blades of Steel

Mario 2? Are you friggin kiddin me?

shakesthecat
06-16-2005, 09:45 AM
Great game though, frequently when one of my football teams in real life is getting mauled with only a couple mintues to go, I still think "if this was Tecmo Bowl we could still win".

Heh, if only real life QB's could throw the ball 99 yards thru the air......

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 09:47 AM
I hated Zelda. It was the first game that bred others like Doom, Tomb Raider, and every other fantasy game. I hate those. I'm glad he left it off the list.
Zelda is nothing like Doom. :shrug:

Cochise
06-16-2005, 09:49 AM
Mario 2? Are you friggin kiddin me?

Dude, the first mario game was friggin ghey. Mario 2 actually allowed you to pick things up, throw things, move those potion doors, use the flying carpets, and choose different characters with different abilities.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 09:51 AM
I guess I didn't care for 2 that much. Now..SMB 3..that was revolutionary. I loved that game.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Here is a link for you NES junkies. Its very funny.

http://www.seanbaby.com/nes.htm

My favorites are the "Top 20 worst", "Useless Powerups", "Ninja Gaiden", "Megaman/Megaman Characters", and "Videogame secrets and strategies". hehe.

chagrin
06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Nick Lwery once kicked a 74 yeard field goal in Techmo Bowl...They also had the Cardinals as one of the best teams in the NFL on that game, LOL!

Double Dribble, the NHL Hockey game where they fought and guys would be flying out of the pile...too fun!

Too may games to list here so I won't clog up this thread. I'm with almost all of ya

David.
06-16-2005, 10:03 AM
my list, I'll forget a ton of good games, but c'mon..it' s been like 8 years.

10) Tetris (most...addicting...game..ever)

9) SMB 1 (first adventure game worth a damn, I never got that far, but I watched my uncle beat it once.....that was awesome)

8) Duck Hunt (omg, the gun, and the dog, good times...)

7) Dr. Mario (I still play this once in a while)

6) Legend of Zelda (first rpg game worth a damn, I beat the SHIT out of this game :) )

5) Tecmo Bowl ( Man I could pwn people with the chiefs )

4) Double Dragon ( get a friend to team up with and destroy the evil...thug...guys)

3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (not only was I, and everyone else my age, a huge TMNT fan, but the game was actually fun as shit)

2) Contra( see #4 only way cooler )

1) SMB 3 (this game was actually GREAT, totally blew away other games of the time, though once I learned of the two whistle trick, it lost it's luster)

David.
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Select Start

Contra, never ending lives!!!!!

My friend has a shirt with that on it ROFL, it's pretty sweet.

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Nick Lwery once kicked a 74 yeard field goal in Techmo Bowl...They also had the Cardinals as one of the best teams in the NFL on that game, LOL!

Double Dribble, the NHL Hockey game where they fought and guys would be flying out of the pile...too fun!

Too may games to list here so I won't clog up this thread. I'm with almost all of ya
They did? I don't remember the Cardinals ever being good in that game. It was always the 49ers and Giants fighting for the NFC title, and the Bills and the Oilers out of the AFC.

Biohazard
06-16-2005, 10:12 AM
I bought a nintendo for my kids, had a new 156 pin connector, gun , 2 controllers, all adapters. And it works like a champ. My kids play it more than the PS2. Got 9 games for it:
Mario Bros. 1
Mario Bros. 2
Mario Bros. 3
Duckhunt
Field and Track
Contra
Legend of Zelda
Double Dragon
Tetris
Gave about 80 bucks for it all on Ebay!

Goapics1
06-16-2005, 10:23 AM
10) Tetris (most...addicting...game..ever)

I forgot about this game. We used to play this fugger until dawn when in college 12 yrs ago. Damn, I'm old.

David.
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
I forgot about this game. We used to play this fugger until dawn when in college 12 yrs ago. Damn, I'm old.

hey don't sweat it, I used to play it til dawn when I was 12 seven years ago...

....oh shit you ARE old :D

Goapics1
06-16-2005, 10:25 AM
hey don't sweat it, I used to play it til dawn when I was 12 seven years ago...

....oh shit you ARE old :D
I know. Thanks. :deevee:

David.
06-16-2005, 10:28 AM
I know. Thanks. :deevee:

haha :toast:

cadmonkey
06-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Zelda is nothing like Doom. :shrug:

Did I really type Doom? I thought I deleted that. But my point is corrrect with the others like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil, that's what I meant to write. games that make you go on a quest or adventure just bother me. I don't have the memory span to remember if I walked throough that door or the other one. Did I get that key already, sh*t, I don't remember.

HC_Chief
06-16-2005, 12:13 PM
No Metroid?! :spock:

RedThat
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
No Metroid?! :spock:

That game was awesome. I liked Contra and Metal gear too.

nolimitpk
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Dodgeball was a great game and Rygar was as well.

KCTitus
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Gotta agree with Baseball Stars...that broke new ground that all sports games now use as a model. We used to play countless hours of Baseball Stars and I actually bought the game, and when I moved from KC, I left it with a friend that I never see anymore... :(

I miss that game.

Son of Logical
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
"3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (not only was I, and everyone else my age, a huge TMNT fan, but the game was actually fun as shit)"

Yeah that game was fun, until you got inside the damn techno drome, amd then it became f'ing impossible. :cuss: I also don't know anyone that beat that game without cheating.

Mario 3 was probably the best Nintendo game. I honestly can say that the original NES had the hardest games I have ever played. As an adult there are still games on that system that I can't beat.

Taco John
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
How in the world did Duck Hunt make the list... I was interested in that game for about a week and never picked it up again...

HC_Chief
06-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Mario Carts was addictive as crack.... no idea why, but that game would induce multi-day vegetative states.

Coach
06-16-2005, 12:53 PM
I guess I didn't care for 2 that much. Now..SMB 3..that was revolutionary. I loved that game.

That game was da bomb. I wish they could make some old games into PS2 games.

HC_Chief
06-16-2005, 12:55 PM
That game was da bomb. I wish they could make some old games into PS2 games.

There's always NESticle ((S)NES emulator for PC... can d/l the ROMs too... for "evaluation purposes" ;))

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Nintendo's new system will provide those games for download. Free, i think.

Cochise
06-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Damn, whoever mentioned Dr. Mario, thanks. Now I'm going to have that song in my head all day.

do do Do do do do DO do do do DO do do DO do

Swanman
06-16-2005, 01:14 PM
Heh, if only real life QB's could throw the ball 99 yards thru the air......

Uncle Rico could throw the ball over those mountains.

luv
06-16-2005, 01:27 PM
All time favorite would have to be Tetris. That game would have my attention for hours. And Mario Bros is the only game I think I actually beat by saving the proncess.

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
06-16-2005, 01:34 PM
I remember playing Tecmo Bowl once against the Raiders, I had just scored to make the score 13-10 Chiefs winning, kicked off and pinned the Raiders back on the 10. One play to go in the game, I clicked over to DT, the ball was snapped, I came screaming off the corner like usual, the ball was handed to Bo Jackson, I dove and he broke my friggin tackle and busted through the line. Not a Chiefs player in sight of him as he raced down the field. Me playing as DT still started pressing the turbo button like mad just praying for DT to catch him. Suddenly as Bo crossed the 20 all of a sudden DT came into frame, Bo hit the 10 DT was at the 15, Bo at the 5, DT at the 7. Once I hit the 5 yard line I hit the dive button and tackled him at the 1 to preserve the victory.

You would have thought I had just scored the winning touchdown in the REAL superbowl!

My cousin (who witnessed it) and I, still talk about it to this day.

Damn I miss that game!!

Saulbadguy
06-16-2005, 01:35 PM
My crowning accomplishment in Tecmo Bowl was a final score of 99-0 vs the Green Bay Packers.

saturnknts
06-16-2005, 02:03 PM
found a pc version of techmo someone did. its a work in progress.

http://www.knobbe.org/mx/index.php?page=3&action=file&file_id=137

Lzen
06-16-2005, 02:09 PM
There's always NESticle ((S)NES emulator for PC... can d/l the ROMs too... for "evaluation purposes" ;))

Link?

ChiefsOne
06-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Duck Hunt and Mario Bros. RULED!!!

Pants
06-16-2005, 02:10 PM
Damn, I never really played Nintendo.

Lzen
06-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Tecmo Bowl? Naw. No Chiefs on that one. Super Tecmo Bowl, yeah!!

Ghostof
06-16-2005, 02:12 PM
You guys did ok listing some good titles, but you left off the best ones:

RIVER CITY RANSOM!....should be on the top 5 list!

Wizards and Warriors

Golgo 13

Final Fantasy I

Ghost and Goblins

Black Bass

Mega Man 1, 2, 3, 4

Castlevania 1, 2, 3, 4

Master Blaster

Top Gun

Tiger Heli (annoying as hell and repetitive)

Karnov

Rygar

Addamn Family: Fester's Quest

Willow

Shadowgate

Uninvited

Gauntlet I, II

Nobunagas Ambition

Hydlide

Ultima I, II, III

Bionic Commando

Cobra Triangle

Battletoads...the ability to play CO-OP and kill your friend or eat the flies before he could made it even that much more fun!

The Immortal

Faxanadu

Jaws!....the first time tring to collect conch shells and getting eated by that bastard!

Marble Madness

Metal Gear

Metal Gear Snake's Revenge

Rampart....READY!!!....AIM!!!...FFFIIIIREE!!!!!!

Skate or DIe!

saturnknts
06-16-2005, 02:37 PM
one problem with the pc version of techmo bowl

roy got to the developer and well.......

Brando
06-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Punch Out
Contra
Tecmo Bowl
Bases Loaded

tk13
06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
What about Battletoads? That game ruled...

Punch Out would probably be my favorite though. I could play that game everyday.

shakesthecat
06-16-2005, 02:48 PM
Bases Loaded

Loved that game.

Paste had to be the most prolific home run hitter in video game history.

Lzen
06-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Nevermind, HC. I found some.

To download the emulator:
http://www.classicgaming.com/cgng/nesticle.shtml

To download roms (games):
http://www.nesfiles.com/NES/Metal_Gear/Metal_Gear.asp

bobbything
06-16-2005, 03:30 PM
The leaving off of "Zelda," "Contra," "Mario's 2 and 3," and "Castle Vania" is an unforgivable offense.

Someone should chop off that guy's thumbs so he can never play again.

htismaqe
06-16-2005, 04:46 PM
We spent every waking hour for one entire summer with 2 NES', Tecmo Super Bowl in one and Baseball Stars in the other.

The 2 best games EVAR!

KC Kings
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Where in the f*ck is Contra? That was the best game ever, even without using up up down down left right left right b a b a start.

DaKCMan AP
06-16-2005, 05:34 PM
Damn't you all keep confusing Tecmo Bowl with Tecmo Super Bowl. The Chiefs weren't in Tecmo Bowl. They were in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Tecmo Bowl owned. I still play it sometimes. The Bears kick ass in that game with Walter Payton on O and Mike Singletary on D.

SoCalBronco
06-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Dragon Warrior II (my all time favorite)
Mega Man II
WrestleMania Challenge
Tecmo Bowl
Double Dribble
Top Gun

whoman69
06-16-2005, 05:48 PM
Zelda is nothing like those bloodfest games. My father played it so much he had to get the batteries they used to have changed twice.

Valiant
06-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Cant remember what system was the mutant league series on??? football and hockey...

mcan
06-16-2005, 11:42 PM
Some quick thoughts:

1. Zelda needs to be on that list. (as has been said)

2. For being so proud of remembering that code, you are all WRONG. The direct line to Tyson is 007-373-5963... heh... 5693... :shake:

Also, the story that somebody posted a couple pages ago about Derrick Thomas catching Bo Jackson at the 1 yard line gave me chills. I have a similar story where I needed the touchdown to win, and launched the hail mary. Stephon Paige jumped up at the one, and grabbed it, but was immediately engaged when he landed by a defender. I jammed the buttons harder than I've ever done before, and broke the tackle, and strolled in for the winning TD. GREAT GAME!

Demonpenz
06-16-2005, 11:47 PM
i kicked a 89 yard field goal with nick lowery and came up a yard short

Spicy McHaggis
06-16-2005, 11:53 PM
My friend has a shirt with that on it ROFL, it's pretty sweet.

I bet he gets laid a lot. :p

KCChiefsFan88
06-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Mario 2
Mario 3
Ninja Turtles 2

And Bubble Bubble I think it was called with the 2 lizards who used bubbles to kill people, and Maniac Mansion

Miles
06-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Some of my favorites:

RBI Baseball
Castlevania
Contra
Golf
Metroid
Super Dodgeball
Zelda

Demonpenz
06-17-2005, 12:18 AM
there was this came called confict i rented it 3 times have no idea wtf it is all about

Ari ŁmlaŁt
06-17-2005, 12:31 AM
what was your record on Mike Tysons Punchout's code: 007-373-5963?

I used 030-010-8738 at 21-0... i kept playing until I got a code that was easily remembered.

Ari ŁmlaŁt
06-17-2005, 12:58 AM
7. Mega Man II
1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Super Mario Bros
6. Metal Gear
4. Mike Tysons Punchout
3. Rbi Baseball
5. Tecmo Superbowl [ versionII ]
12. Kid Icarus
8. Metroid
9. Contra
10. Castlevania
11. Excitebike
13. Ghosts and Goblins
14. Double Dribble
15. Double Dragon II
16. Ice Hockey
17. Super Mario Bros III
18. Kung Fu Master
19. Popeye
20. Duck Hunt

There you go bitches.

mcan
06-17-2005, 01:14 AM

I used 030-010-8738 at 21-0... i kept playing until I got a code that was easily remembered.

This was the code that started circulating among the fifth graders. (probably from Nintendo Power). I'm not sure what the record is, but if you got beat, you had to retire so I'm guessing you have two losses on your record. Anyway, I used this code to get to and beat Tyson. I was the only kid on my block to beat the game, and I never owned it. A while later, I tried to get through the whole game, and realized that I NEVER faced Mr Sandman. So, Mr. Sandman was MY Tyson. I finally beat him, but it took some time.

I got the code to Macho Man and could beat him very easily:
003-003-0070. I think that's right... Anyway, a few months ago, I saw this game on display at a used video game store, and typed in the Tyson code. It took me three tries, but I beat him. Not bad for not having touched an NES in over a decade.

Kclee
06-17-2005, 08:54 AM

If you type in this code 090-435-2356 Tyson will bite your ears and nipples, then eat your children right after he head butts you and tries to break your arm. Now if that wasn't foreshadowing...

htismaqe
06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Damn't you all keep confusing Tecmo Bowl with Tecmo Super Bowl. The Chiefs weren't in Tecmo Bowl. They were in Tecmo Super Bowl.

Tecmo Bowl owned. I still play it sometimes. The Bears kick ass in that game with Walter Payton on O and Mike Singletary on D.

They were no match for Mighty Marty's Cleveland Browns. Frank Minnifield was the boss!

Lzen
06-17-2005, 11:42 AM

Not I.

Tecmo Bowl? Naw. No Chiefs on that one. Super Tecmo Bowl, yeah!!

KC Kings
06-17-2005, 11:58 AM
I always like Joe Montana's football also. If you ran a reverse, the ball carrier had super human speed and nobody could catch him. We used to play for the lead, then milk the clock until the fourth quarter. Then you could run the reverse on some unsuspecting soul and run around the field untouched until the game clock was down to 0.