PDA

View Full Version : Patriot Wars: Retooling the Dynasty (Conversation with Coach Yodachick)

Amnorix
06-16-2005, 11:27 AM
This had me cracking up. It sounds JUST like what Belichick would say in Yodaese.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=patriotwarsretoolingthed&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Simplex3
06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
You'll forgive me if I found it trite and boring?

Ari Chi3fs
06-16-2005, 11:31 AM
that was humorous... see in you the playoffs, Coach Yodachick.

Amnorix
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
You'll forgive me if I found it trite and boring?

I can see where maybe it only appeals to fans of BOTH the Patriots and Star Wars.

I debated about whether to post it here. Perhaps I made the wrong decision. :shrug:

Simplex3
06-16-2005, 11:37 AM
I can see where maybe it only appeals to fans of BOTH the Patriots and Star Wars.

I debated about whether to post it here. Perhaps I made the wrong decision. :shrug:
ROFL

First, I have a distinct dislike for all things Star Bores. Second, I went into the article hoping to actually find some info on how they're dealing with the loss of both coordinators. My mistake.

It just seemed like the guy was so busy speaking like Yoda that he forgot to put in anything informative.

Amnorix
06-16-2005, 11:41 AM
ROFL

First, I have a distinct dislike for all things Star Bores. Second, I went into the article hoping to actually find some info on how they're dealing with the loss of both coordinators. My mistake.

It just seemed like the guy was so busy speaking like Yoda that he forgot to put in anything informative.

Nah, more like Belichick gave him little to work with.

I can give you the answers:

Romeo Crennel was replaced by Eric Mangini as DC. Mangini is still serving as DB coach as well, but an assistant DB coach was hired to help him out.

Weis' loss is a source of continual speculation. The best guess is that someone on the staff is "earmarked" in Belichick's mind for the OC position, but isn't seasoned enough for it. For the next year or two, it will sort of be OC by committee, with Belichick, the assistant staffers and Brady combining to come up with game plans on offense. Who actually calls the plays is very much up in the air, and BB keeps dodging that question.

One thing looks to be certain -- Tom Brady will have as mcuh or more power as any QB in the NFL in terms of selecting the plays that go into the game plan for any given week, and for making adjustments and changing plays once they're at the line of scrimmage.