PDA

View Full Version : warfield on 810

Mr. Laz
06-16-2005, 04:35 PM
saying all the right things

considers himself an alcoholic and is planning on stopping drinking completely from now on.

Wile_E_Coyote
06-16-2005, 04:37 PM
I have always had respect for Warfield. When no one else would give an interview, he would. And he's like LJ, he'll say what's on his mind

Mr. Laz
06-16-2005, 04:39 PM
checked himself into a rehab clinic..

i didn't know that

Brock
06-16-2005, 04:41 PM
And it only took multiple DUIs to convince him.

Mr. Laz
06-16-2005, 04:42 PM
he's planning on a 4 game suspension but hoping for less.

was supposed to hear from league friday, but didn't and still hasn't.

Pants
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM
he's planning on a 4 game suspension but hoping for less.

was supposed to hear from league friday, but didn't and still hasn't.

Which is f*cking bullshit.

Cochise
06-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Keitzman always amuses me. Talking about Randy Moss, in one breath he says it's obvious to people watching the game that he takes plays off. Then he asks Warfield, 'can you tell when he's taking plays off'?

KCJake
06-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Which is f*cking bullshit.
Agreed :mad:

Coach
06-16-2005, 05:32 PM
Well, I just hope that Warfield stays true to his word that he is giving up drinking and that he checked himself to a rehab clinic.

TRR
06-16-2005, 06:39 PM
If Warfield gets suspended, he should appeal. He would have strong ground to stand on considering Onterio Smith was suspended right after he was charged for the wizzinator incident. Warfield was convicted how long ago, and he still hasn't been notified of anything? That kind of tampers with the Chiefs organizational plans.

Suspending a player is one thing...Messing with a teams foundation this late in the game is B.S.

Brock
06-16-2005, 06:41 PM
If Warfield gets suspended, he should appeal. He would have strong ground to stand on considering Onterio Smith was suspended right after he was charged for the wizzinator incident. Warfield was convicted how long ago, and he still hasn't been notified of anything? That kind of tampers with the Chiefs organizational plans.

Suspending a player is one thing...Messing with a teams foundation this late in the game is B.S.

It wouldn't be the first time Tagliabue laid a rat-f*cking on KC.

Phobia
06-16-2005, 06:45 PM
Warfield has had 6 months to prepare answers for such an interview. Every first hand encounter I've heard has always painted a dreary picture for his character. Color me skeptical. Hopefully this is legit, but EW is one dude who really let the fame/fortune go to his head.

ZootedGranny
06-16-2005, 07:40 PM

I don't really see how it messes with the Chiefs. Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but the Chiefs should assume that Warfield is going to miss some time, maybe 4 games, and prepare for the worst.

And from what I've read, that has been the assumption since the end of last season, and in recent practices they have have been running Sapp and different players in the #2 spot.

When the ruling finally comes down, and Warfield should happen to get suspended, the Chiefs can't suddenly act shocked.

Edubs
06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Dude....... he called my house the other day by accident. He thought it was the number for delivery alchohol. I really didn't know we had such a business in KC. I played stupid and took his order. He ordered a bottle of Hennessy and a 40 of Mickeys. I really don't think he is on the road to recovery.

SNR
06-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Dude....... he called my house the other day by accident. He thought it was the number for delivery alchohol. I really didn't know we had such a business in KC. I played stupid and took his order. He ordered a bottle of Hennessy and a 40 of Mickeys. I really don't think he is on the road to recovery.Does this happen often?

Edubs
06-16-2005, 08:16 PM
Does this happen often?

It's the first time he has called.....or anyone ordering booze.....but the phone company gave us a number that someone must have just gotten rid of 2 weeks before. After almost 3 years we still get people calling for that f-ing family.

C-Mac
06-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Warfield has had 6 months to prepare answers for such an interview. Every first hand encounter I've heard has always painted a dreary picture for his character. Color me skeptical. Hopefully this is legit, but EW is one dude who really let the fame/fortune go to his head.

I never like dated him or anything, but he has always been friendly and willing to sign autographs for the kids after the game.

Edubs
06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
I never like dated him or anything, but he has always been friendly and willing to sign autographs for the kids after the game.

He looks drunk

gblowfish
06-16-2005, 08:50 PM
Has he bought any new bling bling for Nelly???

Hey, if you had to cover Randy Moss twice a year, you'd probably drink too. Hope Toasty can stay on the wagon and actually contribute this year.

Meanwhile, why is Crispy Bartee still on the roster???

Phobia
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM

Cool. I'm glad to see that. Everything I've ever heard has been to the contrary.

SNR
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Has he bought any new bling bling for Nelly???

Hey, if you had to cover Randy Moss twice a year, you'd probably drink too. Hope Toasty can stay on the wagon and actually contribute this year.

Meanwhile, why is Crispy Bartee still on the roster???He's giving safety a shot, or he'll be shot at safety.

And I think Warfield deserves some respect now. No more "toasty" or "crispy" names. Alcoholic ones are just fine.

Pants
06-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Warfield and Wesley are gangstas, they have to drink. I'm surprised you guys didn't know that.

4 Life.

TRR
06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
I don't really see how it messes with the Chiefs. Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but the Chiefs should assume that Warfield is going to miss some time, maybe 4 games, and prepare for the worst.

And from what I've read, that has been the assumption since the end of last season, and in recent practices they have have been running Sapp and different players in the #2 spot.

When the ruling finally comes down, and Warfield should happen to get suspended, the Chiefs can't suddenly act shocked.

But every other player in the NFL is suspended immediately after conviction. Why should the Chiefs have to wait and see if he will be suspended? That's not fair at all in my opinion. If they knew Warfield was going to be suspended for sure the first 4 games of the season, then they may have signed another vet CB in the offseason.

C-Mac
06-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Cool. I'm glad to see that. Everything I've ever heard has been to the contrary.

Well, actually there was this one crazy nite.....

buddha
06-16-2005, 10:26 PM
I hold out hope that every person who tries to get their life back on track will be successful. The sad fact is that most end up falling back into the same lifestyle at some point. Warfield has done well for himself in KC considering he really isn't a great corner. He just happened to be the best one the Chiefs had, so he had value to us. However, sober or not, a James Hasty he will never be.

NJ Chief Fan
06-16-2005, 10:34 PM
this "suspension" for warfield is taking forever...doss the colts safety already got his suspension

Spicy McHaggis
06-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Dude....... he called my house the other day by accident. He thought it was the number for delivery alchohol. I really didn't know we had such a business in KC. I played stupid and took his order. He ordered a bottle of Hennessy and a 40 of Mickeys. I really don't think he is on the road to recovery.

You're lying. Everyone knows Warfield is a Colt 45 guy due to his love for Billy Dee Williams.

On a serious note if he is serious about going straight I wish him the best and it would be nice if Tags would bother to let us know about the suspension in the next year or so.

Rausch
06-17-2005, 05:02 AM
It wouldn't be the first time Tagliabue laid a rat-f*cking on KC.

When has he not?...

wildcat09
06-17-2005, 06:16 AM
when i worked at footaction in the oak park mall he was one of our best customers. he was always very nice and would sign anything you had for him. i have a lot of respect for him considering what he has gone through. i hope he does well.

tomahawk kid
06-17-2005, 06:37 AM
when i worked at footaction in the oak park mall he was one of our best customers. he was always very nice and would sign anything you had for him. i have a lot of respect for him considering what he has gone through. i hope he does well.

I can say the same thing based on what I saw at Training Camp.

Warfield ALWAYS signed autographs after practice. He seemed very down to earth.

wildcat09
06-17-2005, 06:41 AM
I can say the same thing based on what I saw at Training Camp.

Warfield ALWAYS signed autographs after practice. He seemed very down to earth.

of all the guys who came in, warfield, dante, and jerome were the nicest. i would say kennison and morton were the rudest. kennison always acted like you owed him something. so did hicks.

ct
06-17-2005, 07:31 AM
And it only took multiple DUIs to convince him.

Don't know many alcoholics personally do ya? This is not at all unusual. Denial is a tough obstacle to get over.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-17-2005, 07:41 AM
I've always liked Eric Warfield. Sometimes you just strike a cord with a player for no apparent reason and they become one of your favorites. He's always been one of mine. I'm rooting for him.

KCFANinNC
06-17-2005, 08:51 AM
It was never a question taht he was a nice guy, he has tons of friend. However most of them drank with him.

He just needs to put himself in better situations.

Brock
06-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Don't know many alcoholics personally do ya? This is not at all unusual. Denial is a tough obstacle to get over.

It would be a much easier obstacle to get over if they would lock up multiple DUI offenders for 10 years.

htismaqe
06-17-2005, 08:56 AM

Because every other team knows pretty-much IMMEDIATELY after conviction if a player will be suspended or not.

Eric Warfield SHOULD be serving a suspension.

That suspension SHOULD have been at the END OF LAST YEAR.

ChiefsOne
06-17-2005, 09:04 AM
At Training Camp a few years ago, I talked to Warfield quite a bit and he was one of the nicest guys out of all of them. He signed anything and no matter how much and stayed around to chat. Actually he came up to me and started talking. Very down to earth and willing to BS.

Unlike Gonzalez and a few others that acted like you were bothering them or they didn't have time.

RedThat
06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Because every other team knows pretty-much IMMEDIATELY after conviction if a player will be suspended or not.

Eric Warfield SHOULD be serving a suspension.

That suspension SHOULD have been at the END OF LAST YEAR.

Agreed. Having that suspension this year, is a bit of an obstacle for us.

htismaqe
06-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Agreed. Having that suspension this year, is a bit of an obstacle for us.

Yes, it's a major inconvenience to the team. However, the only way that becomes relevant is if the NFL league office did this to DELIBERATELY cause an inconvenience for us.

As it is, the rules are not being applied fairly and evenly.

RedThat
06-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Yes, it's a major inconvenience to the team. However, the only way that becomes relevant is if the NFL league office did this to DELIBERATELY cause an inconvenience for us.

As it is, the rules are not being applied fairly and evenly.

Either that, or the guys in the league office are not on top of their work.

wildcat09
06-17-2005, 12:59 PM
gonzalez was always an a-hole when asked to sign something. unless you have breast of which i don't.

Pants
06-17-2005, 01:07 PM
the guys in the league office are not on top of their work...

Cuz they r busy being on top of ur mom! Boooom! Im 2 funy!

Wile_E_Coyote
06-17-2005, 01:19 PM
of all the guys who came in, warfield, dante, and jerome were the nicest. i would say kennison and morton were the rudest. kennison always acted like you owed him something. so did hicks.
anytime KC media mention him it's Eric "what a nice guy" Hicks. He must be nice for the select few

wildcat09
06-17-2005, 01:23 PM
anytime KC media mention him it's Eric "what a nice guy" Hicks. He must be nice for the select few

if he had a question or needed something he wouldn't even look at you. it was like he was too good to even make eye contact with us peasants.

LiL stumppy
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM

You failed at your attempt to make a funny

buddha
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
gonzalez was always an a-hole when asked to sign something. unless you have breast of which i don't.

Do any of us care if they are a-holes or not as long as they win games? I guess I'd rather have an all-around good guy who also is an all-pro, but just get it done on the field!