PDA

View Full Version : I swear to God that drive gets longer each time I make it

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:05 PM
But it is well worth it not to feel violated going through the airport and having to worry about delays and cancellations.

It's good to be back in KC. :)

Phobia
06-16-2005, 08:14 PM
Oh - 10 hours is nothing. Try driving back to Houston right now. That's brutal.

Frazod
06-16-2005, 08:23 PM
But it is well worth it not to feel violated going through the airport and having to worry about delays and cancellations.

That's why I drove to western Colorado on vacation. I love flying, but they can shove all the bullshit that goes with it now. The last straw was the no lighter thing. The airlines can suck my ass. 4321

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Oh - 10 hours is nothing. Try driving back to Houston right now. That's brutal.

Not that I couldn't do it, but I'll pass just the same. Thanks anyway.

The real problem is that is old territory, I am seeing the same things that I have seen several times before. New scenery would make a big difference.

Donger
06-16-2005, 08:37 PM
I am seeing the same things that I have seen several times before.

Heh. 'Net access in your car.

Geek.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:38 PM
That's why I drove to western Colorado on vacation. I love flying, but they can shove all the bullshit that goes with it now. The last straw was the no lighter thing. The airlines can suck my ass. 4321

I hear that. The hassle just is not worth it for me. I actually was going to be flying up here originally because this trip is a birthday present from my folks. But I couldn't find anything under $300 and Dad said I could probably drive it for less than that. I was sooooo thankfull to hear that. Now I have my car hear and do not have to rely on anyone for a ride. Which is another reason I prefer to drive.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Heh. 'Net access in your car.

Geek.

That would be awesome to have. Right up to the point where I ran off the road because I got into an argument with Denise or Justin.......

Donger
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
That would be awesome to have. Right up to the point where I ran off the road because I got into an argument with Denise or Justin.......

Heh.

You're probably better off in KC. I can't believe how f*cking hot it is down here.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:42 PM
Heh.

You're probably better off in KC. I can't believe how f*cking hot it is down here.

Where are you?

Frazod
06-16-2005, 08:47 PM
The real problem is that is old territory, I am seeing the same things that I have seen several times before. New scenery would make a big difference.

I've made the drive on I-55 across central Illinois more time than I can remember. God, that drive SUCKS. Nothing but flat ground, corn and slow-moving semis (Illinois has a split speed limit - 65 for cars and 55 for trucks, which totally screws up traffic - I'd like to kill the f#cking tard who thought that one up).

At least it only takes about 4 hours.

Donger
06-16-2005, 08:49 PM
Where are you?

Fort Worth.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I've made the drive on I-55 across central Illinois more time than I can remember. God, that drive SUCKS. Nothing but flat ground, corn and slow-moving semis (Illinois has a split speed limit - 65 for cars and 55 for trucks, which totally screws up traffic - I'd like to kill the f#cking tard who thought that one up).

At least it only takes about 4 hours.

Texas has that as well, 70 and 60. Or at night, 65 and 55. THAT sh!t pisses me off. There seems to be very little tolerance for the night limit, and it is only 5 f#cking miles an hour less. And it really is just symbolic. At those speeds, what difference is 5 mph gonna make? Talk about annoying......

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Fort Worth.

Eh, poor bastard. As far as I am concerned, the entire Dallas area sucks. You have my sympathy.

Frazod
06-16-2005, 08:59 PM
Texas has that as well, 70 and 60. Or at night, 65 and 55. THAT sh!t pisses me off. There seems to be very little tolerance for the night limit, and it is only 5 f#cking miles an hour less. And it really is just symbolic. At those speeds, what difference is 5 mph gonna make? Talk about annoying......

Nice to know I don't live in the only state with dumb f#ck speed laws. :shake:

Donger
06-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Eh, poor bastard. As far as I am concerned, the entire Dallas area sucks. You have my sympathy.

Thanks. Anything you can do to drop the ambient air temperature by about 40 f*cking degrees? For the love of God, it's 9PM and 96F outside.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Thanks. Anything you can do to drop the ambient air temperature by about 40 f*cking degrees? For the love of God, it's 9PM and 96F outside.

Sure, I'll get right on that. In about ten minutes step out side in pants and a sweater, you'll notice a change.

Frazod
06-16-2005, 09:03 PM

Good God! :eek:

Never been to Texas. No desire to go, either.

Raiderhader
Nice to know I don't live in the only state with dumb f#ck speed laws. :shake:

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Skip Towne
In Climax, Ks.? That's unpossible.

Donger
06-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Sure, I'll get right on that. In about ten minutes step out side in pants and a sweater, you'll notice a change.

YOU F*CKING LIAR! It's still sticky and now my legs are perspiring!!!!

You know what that MEANS!

Fairplay

I like being violated.

Donger
In Climax, Ks.? That's unpossible.

Well, I'm not in Climax right now. I'm on the Innernet.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
YOU F*CKING LIAR! It's still sticky and now my legs are perspiring!!!!

You know what that MEANS!

Ok, this time for real. Wear a parka.....

Donger
06-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Good God! :eek:

Never been to Texas. No desire to go, either.

Well, on the plus side, I somehow got upgraded to an Infiniti G35 decked out. I'm not sure that compensates for my eyelashes sweating, however.

Raiderhader
06-16-2005, 09:08 PM
I like being violated.

It depends on WHOM is dong the violating.

I'm picky.

Donger
06-16-2005, 09:08 PM
Ok, this time for real. Wear a parka.....

Okay, BRB.

Frazod
06-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Well, on the plus side, I somehow got upgraded to an Infiniti G35 decked out. I'm not sure that compensates for my eyelashes sweating, however.

I don't care if I'm driving a Ferrari. If it's 96 degrees at night, I'll be somewhere else.

Donger
06-16-2005, 09:13 PM
I don't care if I'm driving a Ferrari. If it's 96 degrees at night, I'll be somewhere else.

Well, I will be soon. 'Til then, I'll just have to keep pretending that it's not really f*cking flat, really f*cking hot, and really f*cking traffic-jamed.