PDA

View Full Version : Chinese worker can't believe Americans buy crazy sh_t .

Ninjaman
06-16-2005, 09:58 PM
http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4124&n=1

Edubs
06-16-2005, 10:12 PM
http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4124&n=1

"For now, I must refuse the job. Somehow, the only thing more depressing than making plastic shit for Americans is destroying the plastic shit they send back."

I about pissed myself reading that........but man it's so true.

Ninjaman
06-16-2005, 11:28 PM
haha.

Valiant
06-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Yeah like all the crazy sex dolls and useless arcade games are more worthwhile... I guess i need to contract a game that allows us crazy Americans to beat the shit out of chinese workers and shit on thier face... I think it would sell, and he would enjoy making I am sure...

BigRedChief
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
"For now, I must refuse the job. Somehow, the only thing more depressing than making plastic shit for Americans is destroying the plastic shit they send back."

So working 60 hours a week for $21.00 is okay then?

I also like this nuggett
"My cousin Yuen is self-employed," Chen said. "He disassembles old computers that are acquired from overseas and extracts the traces of valuable gold and silver from the circuit boards. He asked me to join him. The work is very toxic, but at least I would not be looking at suction-cup razor holders and jumbo-dice keychains all day

jspchief
06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
This is a joke isn't it? I don't read The Onion, so I don't know if the articles are legit, or parodies.

Either way, it's pretty funny.

"the incident was a testament to China's growing disillusionment with producing needless crap for fat-ass foreigners."

Manila-Chief
06-17-2005, 09:54 AM
Sounds like a joke to me. I'm sure Chinese factory workers make little money. But, I doubt you would have many of them complaining, because there would be 100 others waiting to take their place on the factory line.

The part about the Chinese having few items in their kitchen is correct. But, that will change. As countries develop their citizens begin to purchase additional items. I see some of the informationals for stupid products that are being shown in these countries.... and it would not be shown if people were not buying!!!!

nmt1
06-17-2005, 10:03 AM
The Onion is a parody site and is hilarious.