PDA

View Full Version : SPINOFF: #1 classic scene

Fire Me Boy!
06-17-2005, 08:07 AM
This is a final thread for movie scenes based on the big poll I did a couple weeks ago. Here's the top five from that poll in this one. Pick the most memorable... I want the scene that people will recognize. I don't care if most people haven't seen the movie, just that they recognize the scene and go, "Hey, I've seen that somewhere before." I don't even care that they know what movie the scene is from, just that they recognize it as a famous scene.

poll coming

Fire Me Boy!
06-17-2005, 08:09 AM
HA! My second poll in a row where I got the poll made before some smartass came in and said, "HURRY UP!" or something like that.

Kclee
06-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Tough, but I went with Indiana Jones.

Count Zarth
06-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Did you intend to misquote Rhett?

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
I like when Chris Farley puts on David Spade's jacket and sings "fat guy in a little coat."

SCTrojan
06-17-2005, 09:25 AM
Psycho shower scene definitely the classic scene among the choices.

I also like the "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges." scene from Treasure of Sierra Madre.

Princess Bride is full of classic scenes as well.

MOhillbilly
06-17-2005, 09:26 AM
those all suck. youre poll is as gay as your pole.

Count Zarth
06-17-2005, 09:26 AM
those all suck. youre poll is as gay as your pole.

The members of Chiefsplanet chose those scenes.

MOhillbilly
06-17-2005, 09:30 AM
The members of Chiefsplanet chose those scenes.

figures since most of em love the pole.

Count Zarth
06-17-2005, 09:31 AM
figures since most of em love the pole.

Yep. We should rename this site Gayplanet.

keg in kc
06-17-2005, 09:31 AM
Man, we sure picked some lame scenes.

Frankie
06-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Flawed poll. Joe Pesci's "What do you mean I'm funny" scene from "Goodfellas" should have been included.

Fire Me Boy!
06-17-2005, 09:41 AM
As I stated in the original poll, there are some scenes that were not included for a very specific reason -- either it WOULD NOT work for the script, or it's already being considered. Goodfellas is already being considered, so it was left off. Star Wars was left off completely for an even more specific reason, that I can't get into just yet. Sorry. Vote on the damn top 5 from the poll...

Frankie
06-17-2005, 09:59 AM
As I stated in the original poll, there are some scenes that were not included for a very specific reason -- either it WOULD NOT work for the script, or it's already being considered. Goodfellas is already being considered, so it was left off. Star Wars was left off completely for an even more specific reason, that I can't get into just yet. Sorry. Vote on the damn top 5 from the poll...
:harumph: OK. But under protest. :harumph:

Jenson71
06-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Easy choice. The last three are quotes. Would the scene be more memorable without these quotes said by the actors who made them famous? It's debatable. So, it came down to the first two for me. The boulder is certainly heartpumping and memorable, but the shower scene in Pyscho is famous for being the first time a toilet is shown in the movies, the eerie score and frightening photography (like that eye) have influenced many horror/slasher films after it, and mainly, the leading lady is killed off less than halfway through the film (audiences were stunned!).

BigMeatballDave
06-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Flawed poll. Joe Pesci's "What do you mean I'm funny" scene from "Goodfellas" should have been included.
ROFL Thats a great one! "How the **** am I so ****in' funny?" "Am I here to ****ing amuse you?"

Count Zarth
06-17-2005, 10:21 AM
I voted for Gone with the wind. The boulder scene in Indy always came off as more slapstick to me.

kchero
06-17-2005, 10:47 AM
"You know the Nazis made the Jews wear pieces of flare"
- Office Space

Now thats a quote for ya ROFL

Fire Me Boy!
06-17-2005, 09:28 PM
Just a bump for the night crew.

craneref
06-17-2005, 11:26 PM
I wanted to vote for "I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too!" but i voted for the loser in the polls instead, it is a knack I have, always the slowest line, I can pick it every time.

luv
06-18-2005, 12:19 AM
Living alone, I often am in the middle of a shower when I wonder if I remembered to lock the front door. That scene start going through my mind. It was a toss up between Psycho and Gone with the Wind, but I went with Psycho.

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2005, 12:24 AM
Good choice.

Frazod
06-18-2005, 12:36 AM
Well, of the LAME choices available :harumph: I guess I'll go with Gone With the Wind.

BTW, the line was "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Fire Me Boy!
06-18-2005, 12:37 AM
I know it's misquoted... I copied it from the other poll (which I copied directly from the original thread, IIRC). And then I forgot it was misquoted.

Frazod
06-18-2005, 12:42 AM
I voted for that one because of the impact the word "damn" had at the time. People were up in arms over that silly shit. Hard to imagine that now.

I personally think the scene with the wagon departing a flame-engulfed Atlanta was the most memorable scene from that film. Oh well.

And I really don't like that movie. If Rhett had said "frankly, my dear, you're a f#cking bitch" and shot that screeching, conniving witch right between the eyes, it would have found a certain measure of redemption. But it didn't.

Scarlett sucks. :grr:

Rausch
06-18-2005, 12:43 AM
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Why do you do it?
Doc Holliday: Wyatt Earp is my friend.
Turkey Creek Jack Johnson: Friend? Hell, I got lots of friends.
Doc Holliday: I don't.

I always liked that.

Tombstone's full of classic moments...

Frazod
06-18-2005, 12:45 AM
I always liked that.

Tombstone's full of classic moments...

I liked the Holliday line from Wyatt Earp. "I know it's not easy to be my friend, but I'll be there when you need me."

Both excellent movies. Amazing how differently they dealt with the same subject.

Rausch
06-18-2005, 12:47 AM
I liked the Holliday line from Wyatt Earp. "I know it's not easy to be my friend, but I'll be there when you need me."

Both excellent movies. Amazing how differently they dealt with the same subject.

Kostner just didn't do Earp for me. I just didn't believe it.

And Val Kilmer was just too ****ing good as Doc...

luv
06-18-2005, 12:49 AM

I definitely agree with Kilmer as Doc. Excellent.

Frazod
06-18-2005, 12:55 AM

Dennis Quaid absolutely nailed the historic Holliday in his portrayal. Holliday was bony, hateful, nasty and looked like he was half dead (because he was). Val Kilmer did a good job, but he didn't capture the true nature of the character at all.

I tend to put a lot more stock in historical accuracy than most, though.

One thing about the real life relationship between Earp and Holliday - they had a falling out shortly after they left Tombstone, parted company, and never saw each other again. The reasons are vague at best, but neither one was a particularly nice person, and they had probably just been grating on each other for too long. Earp was no where near Glenwood Springs when Holliday died - the death scene from Tombstone was complete bullshit.