PDA

View Full Version : It's Father's Day on Sunday.

ptlyon
06-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Anything planned with the Dad's or thoughts on what you are getting your Dad?

Might be a good thread to throw some gift ideas around.

Phobia
06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I got my old man a cheap ass swiss army watch.

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I'll be emceeing the goings on at the Mt. Sterling "Testicle Festival" for charity in Mt. Sterling, IL all day and evening tomorrow. It's a giant Rocky Mountain oyster and beer fest....so I plan to be sleeping it off on Father's Day.

...oh you asked about gifts....uh...... I got nothin'.

ptlyon
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
I have one of those friggen Dad's that is tough to buy for. He already has what he wants and needs, so shoppi...

Hey wait a minute. I could see if I could find him a h00ker...

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 01:51 PM
He'll love it.

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 01:52 PM
My dad doesn't celebrate pagan holidays. :shrug:

KC Dan
06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
gonna say a prayer...

Pants
06-17-2005, 01:56 PM

What's cheap for you?

Oh, and I'm getting my dad a new computer since he freaking blew the old one up.

Hydrae
Have you ever noticed how different Father's day is from Mother's day?

On Mother's day, it is all about the kids giving her homemade cards and pictures, getting breakfast in bed, being taken out for dinner and having dad take the kids out to the park or something so mom can have some time alone.

Father's day is all about ties, tools and fishing equipment. No breakfast in bed, no dinner. Also, dad's spend the day with their kids which again allows mom a day alone.

Count Alex's Losses
What's cheap for you?

Oh, and I'm getting my dad a new computer since he freaking blew the old one up.

Where are you ordering parts from?

whoman69
06-17-2005, 01:57 PM
Got my dad a very nice StL Cardinals polo. We're having the parents and my brother and sister in the area come over for burgers and brats. Have to work hard on getting the house clean until then.

Phobia
06-17-2005, 01:59 PM
What's cheap for you?

I dunno - this one was $65 at Costco, but it's what he wanted - a watch he can wear to work and destroy - keeping his nice, expensive watch (which I also bought) available for more formal events.

Pants
06-17-2005, 02:02 PM
Where are you ordering parts from?

Newegg/Pricewatch, you know, the usual.

Also, I was looking at a premade one (cyberpowerinc) and they had a decent one for $815:

Nice case (4 fans, 450 W PS)
AMD 64 3200+
1024 MB RAM (Crosshair XMS, or some shit)
GeForce 6600 GT
160 Gig HDD
nForce4 MSI mobo (7.1 HD onboard)
16X DVD-RW +/-
Free shipping

I might be lazy and just get that.

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Newegg/Pricewatch, you know, the usual.

Also, I was looking at a premade one (cyberpowerinc) and they had a decent one for $815:

Nice case (4 fans, 450 W PS)
AMD 64 3200+
1024 MB RAM (Crosshair XMS, or some shit)
GeForce 6600 GT
160 Gig HDD
nForce4 MSI mobo (7.1 HD onboard)
16X DVD-RW +/-
Free shipping

I might be lazy and just get that.

I would...that's a sweet deal. Link me.

cadmonkey
06-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Great the one day a year I get to hang out with the man who ran out on my family when I was just nine years old. Leaving me to raise my brother while my mother had to work two jobs to support us.

Happy father's day DAD, I hope you enjoy your big box of nothing I got you.

shaneo69
06-17-2005, 02:10 PM
My parents, MIL, and sister are coming over to our house on Sunday and I'm smoking a brisket.

For some reason, this thread gave me the idea to get my dad that Tony LaRussa/Buzz Bissinger book "Three Nights in August" since we're all Cardinal fans here.

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I dunno - this one was $65 at Costco, but it's what he wanted - a watch he can wear to work and destroy - keeping his nice, expensive watch (which I also bought) available for more formal events.

Are you sure it's not one of those you can get across the border for 5 bucks....:)

Pants
06-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I would...that's a sweet deal. Link me.

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/highendsystem/ultra6000.asp?v=d

You have to play around with the options. Also, I forgot to mention you get a free (shitty) printer and a free HL2 (here I come EBay).

Dr. Facebook Fever
06-17-2005, 02:13 PM

On Mother's day, it is all about the kids giving her homemade cards and pictures, getting breakfast in bed, being taken out for dinner and having dad take the kids out to the park or something so mom can have some time alone.

Father's day is all about ties, tools and fishing equipment. No breakfast in bed, no dinner. Also, dad's spend the day with their kids which again allows mom a day alone.
It's a conspiracy.... no really.

Phobia
06-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Are you sure it's not one of those you can get across the border for 5 bucks....:)

Are you kidding? I have more sense than that. In Mexico, you buy copper, vanilla, tequilla, blown glass, and pottery. Nothing else.

ptlyon
06-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Are you kidding? I have more sense than that. In Mexico, you buy copper, vanilla, tequilla, blown glass, and pottery. Nothing else.

You forgot avacados. They've got great avacados.

cadmonkey
06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
blown glass

ROFL better know as glass pipes.

Pants
06-17-2005, 02:19 PM

And cheap truck parts.

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/highendsystem/ultra6000.asp?v=d

You have to play around with the options. Also, I forgot to mention you get a free (shitty) printer and a free HL2 (here I come EBay).

Excellent!

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 02:23 PM

Hey now..some of the jewelry they have and make is very pretty. My mother goes about every two months with some people from her work and she brings back all kinds of stuff. Medicine for her is always on the list, plus movies, clothes,toys for the kids,wallets,all sorts of stuff...:)

Phobia
06-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Hey now..some of the jewelry they have and make is very pretty. My mother goes about every two months with some people from her work and she brings back all kinds of stuff. Medicine for her is always on the list, plus movies, clothes,toys for the kids,wallets,all sorts of stuff...:)

Okay - there's more than my list. The point is you don't buy watches from the Mexicans. Even the jewelery is usually crap.

You can buy the blankets and tile, too. That's about it, though.

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Okay - there's more than my list. The point is you don't buy watches from the Mexicans. Even the jewelery is usually crap.

You can buy the blankets and tile, too. That's about it, though.

whatever you say boss...

ChiTown
06-17-2005, 02:52 PM
gonna say a prayer...

Ditto

I'll be in KC to visit my Dad at the Cemetary. Then, I'm gonna do what my Dad used to do with me - take my kids to the Ballgame. I did this two years ago on Father's Day as well (KC v Giants). I have a great time with the kids, and it really makes me feel close to my Dad.

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Has she mentioned the donkey show?

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 02:58 PM
Has she mentioned the donkey show?

Looking for trouble old man?:hmmm: BTW did you know that Donger was a chick?

ptlyon
06-17-2005, 02:59 PM
donkey donger.

ha.

Pants
06-17-2005, 03:13 PM
BTW did you know that Donger was a chick?

c4me, you're smarter than that.

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 03:17 PM
c4me, you're smarter than that.

Didn't say I believed it. But that's what he/she told me last night on here, along with other unsettling thoughts.:banghead:

Pants
06-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Didn't say I believed it. But that's what he/she told me last night on here, along with other unsettling thoughts.:banghead:

No, I meant you haven't actually figured out that Donger is a chick yet?

Phobia
06-17-2005, 03:36 PM
If Donger were a chick, I would have hit on him by now.

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 03:39 PM
If he's not a chick why are his posts permeated with penis envy?

Rain Man
06-17-2005, 03:44 PM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/06/17/fresno.murders.ap/vert.wesson.mug.jpg

"It's Father's Day? I hope I get a necktie."

Phobia
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
If he's not a chick why are his posts permeated with penis envy?

Maybe he has a son who was molested at Catholic school.

MOhillbilly
06-17-2005, 03:46 PM
Anything planned with the Dad's or thoughts on what you are getting your Dad?

Might be a good thread to throw some gift ideas around.

im gonna go Brasso his grave marker.

Lzen
06-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Say, I never thought of it that way. Hey, WTH are they tryin' to pull on us?

Heh, I did get me a brand new weed eater, though. :)

Rain Man
06-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Father's Day is a mixed blessing for me. My cats fix me breakfast in bed, and while I very much appreciate the thought, it gets harder each year to choke down that dead sparrow and injured grasshoppers.

Lzen
06-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Father's Day is a mixed blessing for me. My cats fix me breakfast in bed, and while I very much appreciate the thought, it gets harder each year to choke down that dead sparrow and injured grasshoppers.

Did I ever mention that I think you're one very, very strange dude?

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 05:15 PM

So is it true? If he is a he, then his pm isin't that disturbing, on the other hand if she is a she, then the pm is not only disturbing...but disgusting also...:deevee:

KC Dan
06-17-2005, 05:16 PM
So is it true? If he is a he, then his pm isin't that disturbing, on the other hand if she is a she, then the pm is not only disturbing...but disgusting also...:deevee:
details?

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 05:25 PM
details?

Without going into detail...let's just say that I give Donger a joy-joy feeling everytime he/she talks to me.:rolleyes:.....All I wanna know is, is it true?

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 05:38 PM
Without going into detail...let's just say that I give Donger a joy-joy feeling everytime he/she talks to me.:rolleyes:.....All I wanna know is, is it true?

Something tells me you're full of shit about the whole PM thing once again

Mr. Laz
06-17-2005, 05:41 PM
i order a watch that apparently isn't going to make it on time.

now it's suppose to be delivered monday :cuss: :mad:

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Something tells me you're full of shit about the whole PM thing once again

:rolleyes:.....I will say it again dumbass. I don't lie. Don't you think if this was a lie, Donger would call me on it? Even if Donger was to miss this thread, I am sure someone will save it. Or better yet.......you save it and show it to her/him.

CosmicPal
06-17-2005, 05:45 PM
I got my dad a hooker last year. He now calls me his favorite son.

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 05:47 PM
i order a watch that apparently isn't going to make it on time.

now it's suppose to be delivered monday :cuss: :mad:

That sucks...

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 05:47 PM
:rolleyes:.....I will say it again dumbass. I don't lie. Don't you think if this was a lie, Donger would call me on it? Even if Donger was to miss this thread, I am sure someone will save it. Or better yet.......you save it and show it to her/him.

You're lying right now.

You've been exposed as a liar before, claiming people were sending you PM's (Phobia and Saul among others, IIRC), when in fact, they have never done such a thing. By saying you don't lie, you're lying. Maybe Donger did send you a PM, but it's hard to believe that, since you're a known bullshitter.

Nzoner
06-17-2005, 05:52 PM
My lil bro and I were going to get dad DirecTv for his gift but seeing that we had to let him know in advance he declined our offer,so he's getting a card with some restaurant certificates in it.

We're celebrating tomorrow though as Sunday I've got some last minute things to get done before opening for firework sales on Monday.

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 05:54 PM
You're lying right now.

You've been exposed as a liar before, claiming people were sending you PM's (Phobia and Saul among others, IIRC), when in fact, they have never done such a thing. By saying you don't lie, you're lying. Maybe Donger did send you a PM, but it's hard to believe that, since you're a known bullshitter.

ROFL.....you actually believe that phob and saul have never sent me a pm? So sorry you have been kept out of the loop.......ROFL Tell me what I have bullshitted about? How many kids I have, where I live, that I have a pool, that I drive a truck, that I am white, that I am female, that I don't work, that I love the chiefs, that I have a camper, that I am happy, that I don't live with mommy and daddy, that I have had sex, that I have a life.....I could go on and on...you just don't seem to understand that most people in the real world have lifes and mommy or daddy doesn't take care of them forever and that they work for what they have....now **** off freakshow.

Count Alex's Losses
06-17-2005, 05:56 PM
ROFL.....you actually believe that phob and saul have never sent me a pm? So sorry you have been kept out of the loop.......ROFL Tell me what I have bullshitted about? How many kids I have, where I live, that I have a pool, that I drive a truck, that I am white, that I am female, that I don't work, that I love the chiefs, that I have a camper, that I am happy, that I don't live with mommy and daddy, that I have had sex, that I have a life.....I could go on and on...you just don't seem to understand that most people in the real world have lifes and mommy or daddy doesn't take care of them forever and that they work for what they have....now **** off freakshow.

What does "lifes" mean?

KC Dan
06-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Damn!

KC Dan
06-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Damn!

chiefs4me
06-17-2005, 06:02 PM
I love that picture, can I have it?

KC Dan
06-17-2005, 06:02 PM
I love that picture, can I have it?
why not? its a free country for now.

Pants
06-17-2005, 06:14 PM
What does "lifes" mean?

Haha! ROFL

Frazod
06-17-2005, 06:26 PM
We already got my father-in-law his present - two tickets to see the Yanks/Brewers game in Milwaukee earlier in the month (he's from New York). This was a real win/win - he got to see the Yankees for free from great seats, and I get to bust his balls about it, because they lost to the friggin Brewers. ROFL

We're going up to BBQ on Sunday as well. :thumb:

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 06:30 PM
We already got my father-in-law his present - two tickets to see the Yanks/Brewers game in Milwaukee earlier in the month (he's from New York). This was a real win/win - he got to see the Yankees for free from great seats, and I get to bust his balls about it, because they lost to the friggin Brewers. ROFL

We're going up to BBQ on Sunday as well. :thumb:
What did you get your dad? (ducks for cover)

Frazod
06-17-2005, 06:35 PM
What did you get your dad? (ducks for cover)

I won't drag down a nice thread about decent and deserving fathers by talking about mine. Other than to say he got exactly what he deserves, which is not a goddamn thing.

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 06:52 PM
I won't drag down a nice thread about decent and deserving fathers by talking about mine. Other than to say he got exactly what he deserves, which is not a goddamn thing.
Dammit! I was trying for a rant.