PDA

View Full Version : New Golf Thread

philfree
06-17-2005, 09:36 PM
How's all the Planet Golfers playing these days? My game's coming and if the putts start dropping more frequently I might be decent. It comes and goes and that's the nature of the beast. Anyways if Stinger's back in town or anyone else is interested I'm looking for a game with some Planet members. Skip's still invited to play too if he chooses. No big deal just a gentlemen's day on the links.

PhilFree:arrow:

Dartgod
06-17-2005, 09:37 PM
golf sucks...hehe

PastorMikH
06-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Went out today. Last weekend I was hitting plastic balls around in the yard and something sorta snapped. I used to be a long ball driver - 300 yards was a common thing. I couldn't pitch or put back then to save my life, but my driving kept me competitive. Over the last 6-8 years or so though my driving has been sub-par with a lot of slicing. In the yard last weekend, I did something a bit different on the swing and things kinda snapped into place for me. Today I tried the swing on the course. I was hitting some nice straight drives right down the fairway between 225 - 250 yards (the air was extremely heavy and we were all hitting 1 iron more than normal on our shots). I was the long driver on most of the holes today. Thing is, I wasn't even trying to hit the ball hard, just keep the arms and hips straight and let my back do the pivoting instead of my arms and legs.

The lack of sleep all week took it's toll on the back 9. I was ahead of the Doc (eyes) that is in our church (I've yet to beat him), but 4-5 hour nights of sleep all week and not eating yet today before playing got the best of me and I ran out of juice and started getting sloppy and duffing shots.

CosmicPal
06-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm supposed to play in a tourney in August, but I threw my back out over a month ago and still awaiting word whether or not we'll be doing surgery to remove a disc. If that happens- I suppose I won't be playing any golf this summer.... :mad:

jspchief
06-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Played in a four man best shot today. It was a business thing (Iowa Roofing Contractors Assoc.), so you didn't get to choose who you play with. It ended up being me and a freind that I golf with a lot, and two jack-legs that play once a year (this outing). So basically, I played in a two man best shot. We shot 5 under, which isn't bad considering we didn't use a single shot from 1 guy, and maybe used 2 shots from the other.

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Went out today. Last weekend I was hitting plastic balls around in the yard and something sorta snapped. I used to be a long ball driver - 300 yards was a common thing. I couldn't pitch or put back then to save my life, but my driving kept me competitive. Over the last 6-8 years or so though my driving has been sub-par with a lot of slicing. In the yard last weekend, I did something a bit different on the swing and things kinda snapped into place for me. Today I tried the swing on the course. I was hitting some nice straight drives right down the fairway between 225 - 250 yards (the air was extremely heavy and we were all hitting 1 iron more than normal on our shots). I was the long driver on most of the holes today. Thing is, I wasn't even trying to hit the ball hard, just keep the arms and hips straight and let my back do the pivoting instead of my arms and legs.

The lack of sleep all week took it's toll on the back 9. I was ahead of the Doc (eyes) that is in our church (I've yet to beat him), but 4-5 hour nights of sleep all week and not eating yet today before playing got the best of me and I ran out of juice and started getting sloppy and duffing shots.
A big gorilla like you should hit a 7 iron 225 yards. Are you trying to say you are a wuss?

philfree
06-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm supposed to play in a tourney in August, but I threw my back out over a month ago and still awaiting word whether or not we'll be doing surgery to remove a disc. If that happens- I suppose I won't be playing any golf this summer.... :mad:

That sucks......I've had alot of back pain the last 8 years or so but it's not golf related. Seems it feels better after I play :shrug: I hope it works out for you, with your back.

Skip Towne
06-17-2005, 10:09 PM
That sucks......I've had alot of back pain the last 8 years or so but it's not golf related. Seems it feels better after I play :shrug: I hope it works out for you, with your back.

I once wrenched my neck putting a heavy object on a shelf over my head. I couldn't turn my head at all. But I had Mens League that evening so I tried to play. My first drive went about 125 and it got better as we went. After nine holes, I was back to normal. I suspect it was a pinched nerve that gradually loosened up.

CosmicPal
06-17-2005, 10:10 PM
I hope it works out for you, with your back.

Thanks...appreciate it.

philfree
06-17-2005, 10:13 PM

Where'd you play? I played Deer Lake this afternoon on the twilight fee and got in 18. Started double bogey(the wife called inbetween my drive and second shot :cuss: ) bogey and and then shot even the rest of the day for a 75. Not great but I'd never complain about a mid 70's round. It's a tough game. There have been many a day I wished I'd shot 75....

Anyway if some of you Springfield Planet members want to get out and knock it around bark up. Or if any members from out of the area want to come play that's great too......

philfree
06-17-2005, 10:20 PM
I once wrenched my neck putting a heavy object on a shelf over my head. I couldn't turn my head at all. But I had Mens League that evening so I tried to play. My first drive went about 125 and it got better as we went. After nine holes, I was back to normal. I suspect it was a pinched nerve that gradually loosened up.

Funny how golf works that way :)

Phobia
06-17-2005, 10:24 PM
That sucks......I've had alot of back pain the last 8 years or so but it's not golf related.

How do you know it's not golf related?

Oh. Yeah. I guess I forgot about your big boyfriend.

philfree
06-17-2005, 11:00 PM
How do you know it's not golf related?

Oh. Yeah. I guess I forgot about your big boyfriend.

Oh gosh.......funny.... ...original too :) Actually all my pain started after a rolled that Ol '75 Ford P-up on the way home from the golf course so I guess it is kinda golf related.

philfree
06-17-2005, 11:35 PM
No word from Stinger....I guess he's busy or something....has a life maybe. If we can get a good foursome who can play on a weekday I can probably get us all compted at Millwood here in Springfield. My darter in-law works there and she'll take care of PaPa Phil.

PastorMikH
06-18-2005, 12:34 AM
A big gorilla like you should hit a 7 iron 225 yards. Are you trying to say you are a wuss?

Don't know about hitting a 7 iron that far, but I am sure I can throw you that far. Golf is a game of finesse, not power.

FWIW though, my longest drive was over 400 yards - no joke.

PastorMikH
06-18-2005, 12:40 AM
Where'd you play? I played Deer Lake this afternoon on the twilight fee and got in 18. Started double bogey(the wife called inbetween my drive and second shot :cuss: ) bogey and and then shot even the rest of the day for a 75. Not great but I'd never complain about a mid 70's round. It's a tough game. There have been many a day I wished I'd shot 75....

Anyway if some of you Springfield Planet members want to get out and knock it around bark up. Or if any members from out of the area want to come play that's great too......

Shot here in Clinton today. It was pretty muggy.

As for Deer Lake, you know that field of cows just west of that long, narrow fairway on the S side of the highway? I used to live in that old house when I was in college in Springfield. I used to pick up golf balls out of that pasture then smack them around with a ball bat. Finally I went to a pawnshop on Comercial Street and picked up an old set of clubs and used them to hit around the pasture. That's how I got my start in golf. I sold 400 golf balls to one of the courses in town for 50 cents a ball and took the $200 and bought my first set of metal woods.

Those were the days.

philfree
06-18-2005, 12:50 AM
Don't know about hitting a 7 iron that far, but I am sure I can throw you that far. Golf is a game of finesse, not power.

FWIW though, my longest drive was over 400 yards - no joke.

That's dadgumbed long! My longest drive is 360 yards give or take and it was favorable conditions. Long drives can help a bunch but in the end it's still "drive for show and putt for dough!" I hit it fairly long most of the time but these day I get out driven by a lot of guys but I'm much more accurate then most of those guys. They all use the oversized heads with the graphite shafts while I'm swinging 8 year old t-zoids with a True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 shaft. I'm hard headed I guess.

philfree
06-18-2005, 01:00 AM
Shot here in Clinton today. It was pretty muggy.

As for Deer Lake, you know that field of cows just west of that long, narrow fairway on the S side of the highway? I used to live in that old house when I was in college in Springfield. I used to pick up golf balls out of that pasture then smack them around with a ball bat. Finally I went to a pawnshop on Comercial Street and picked up an old set of clubs and used them to hit around the pasture. That's how I got my start in golf. I sold 400 golf balls to one of the courses in town for 50 cents a ball and took the $200 and bought my first set of metal woods.

Those were the days.

I figured you were older then that. Deer Lake opened in 1990.....hard to believe that was 15 years ago.. where'd the time go? I've pretty much made that course my home since it opened. If you were around there much the first few years it was open then we've probably crossed paths.

PastorMikH
06-18-2005, 07:28 AM
I figured you were older then that. Deer Lake opened in 1990.....hard to believe that was 15 years ago.. where'd the time go? I've pretty much made that course my home since it opened. If you were around there much the first few years it was open then we've probably crossed paths.

I moved into the house out there the summer the course opened. Never played the course though - I was too cheap back then and always played at the municiple courses.

That drive was right at 425 yards. I hit it over on the course by I44 and Glenstone (I believe it is called the Memorial course now). I believe it was hole 12 - the par 5 with the long straightaway that has the downhill slope out around the 300 yard mark. It was really dry and the fairways were pretty hard. I really got ahold of the ball and it carried to the hill then bounced down the hill and partway up the next one. My buddy was amazed. I was still new enough at the game that it was really cool but I didn't really realize what I just did. 'Course I'd been hitting in the cow pasture for a year so I could really rip the ball back then. Now I can't get the ball to go that far with 2 hits.:banghead:

PastorMikH
06-18-2005, 07:32 AM
I figured you were older then that.

Oh, and I'm young enough to still be considered a pup by Skip - 'course, so is go bo compared to Skip.

One other thing about the Deer Lake course, you would be amazed at how many times I had to repair that fence between our pasture and the course due to golfers going after lost balls.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 07:43 AM
My game has been sub par to say the least over the last 2-3 months. I have lost about 10 yards distance with each club and I have been slicing the Driver. The only thing that's been saving me is my chipping and putting which is totally out of character for me. I guess that part of the game is getting more practice since I'm not hitting the greens as much!

I'm starting to come around though. I think my slice is on it's way out so I can start saying

"AND I NEVER SLICE!!"

Herzig
06-18-2005, 07:53 AM

I've played Deer Creek before i think(Near I-44?)...not a bad public course, but not the greatest either. My buddy has a house close to there. I haven't been able to get out of the mid 80s lately...I've put up a 79 4 or 5 times but the course I'm a member at is longer and tougher than Deer Creek. Regardless, 75 is great score Phil! I'd take that ANYWHERE!

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 07:59 AM
I went out yesterday and hit my first tee shot 385 yds right down the middle. Then I hit my wedge to within 8" of the cup. The second hole was a par 3 so I hit my 7 iron within 4" of the cup. I just picked up my ball and went home. Too boring.

Fairplay
06-18-2005, 08:18 AM
I went out yesterday and hit my first tee shot 385 yds right down the middle. Then I my wedge to within 8" of the cup. The second hole was a par 3 so I hit my 7 iron within 4" of the cup. I just picked up my ball and went home. Too boring.

Work on your game a little more and you might be a decent golfer.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 08:19 AM
I went out yesterday and hit my first tee shot 385 yds right down the middle. Then I my wedge to within 8" of the cup. The second hole was a par 3 so I hit my 7 iron within 4" of the cup. I just picked up my ball and went home. Too boring.

Yeah right!! You must have upgraded that old Big Bertha Warbird driver then!

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 08:27 AM
Yeah right!! You must have upgraded that old Big Bertha Warbird driver then!
Nope. I just read Rich Scanlon's new book - Power Golf.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Nope. I just read Rich Scanlon's new book - Power Golf.

Do you have an extra copy of that lying around...I need all the help I can get.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 08:33 AM
How's all the Planet Golfers playing these days? My game's coming and if the putts start dropping more frequently I might be decent. It comes and goes and that's the nature of the beast. Anyways if Stinger's back in town or anyone else is interested I'm looking for a game with some Planet members.

I need to get up there and hang out with a friend of mine(a golfer too). .I'll send you a PM when I think I might be up there and we'll tee it up.

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Do you have an extra copy of that lying around...I need all the help I can get.
You might ask Roy, he bought the first 500 copies.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 09:45 AM
I went out yesterday and hit my first tee shot 385 yds right down the middle. Then I hit my wedge to within 8" of the cup. The second hole was a par 3 so I hit my 7 iron within 4" of the cup. I just picked up my ball and went home. Too boring.

Shaddup...

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Man, I love these golf threads. Wish I had picked this game up when I was younger. Always talked shiot on golfers too. My first round was exactly 13 months ago tomorrow. The game has me hooked and I'm fortunate that I have a job where I can go out an play every day if I choose. Usually though I limit it to 2 rounds during the week and 1 round on Sunday with all my brothers.

About 2 months ago, I was unable to hit anything at all. Every shot was slicing off to the left. (I'm a lefty) Took a lesson, and the pro got me to the very basics. Creating the triangle with my arms and all that. He had me swing very slow and soft and just let the club do the work. It was frustrating as I took this mentality to the course. I wasn't hitting anything very far, but at least it was playable. When I'd get frustrated and try to go back to the old swing I'd slice the ball into the woods or duff it completely. After slingin a club or two down the fairway and throwing a tantrum, I'd go back to the slow soft swing and hit playable shots. Wasn't scoring well but that wasn't the point.

So, I'd take this mentality to the driving range and after a month I began to gradually swing a little harder while not speeding up my backswing (Never knew how important the takeaway was).
Went to Bella Vista for a golf vacation with the lads, and on the final two days it came together. By swing at 85% or so I'm getting the high and straight with my irons. On sunday in the final round of vacation I birdie two holes back to back (3 and 4 at Dogwood) Par the next. Blow up on the next hole for a triple. For me, I'm playing out of mind and my partners are shiotting their pants. "Where'd that shot come from?" Or "WTF did you sell your soul to, to hit that shot?"
Anyway we get to 18 and I need just a bogey on a par 3 167 over the water to the green hole, to finish under 90. So, I forget everything that got me to this point and unleash a vicious 3W to get it over the water. 'Cept I scuff the tee shot, it rolls harmlessly in the water and I end up quad for a 93. But I laughed.
Anyway, I hit the driving range about every day. Sometimes I'll just hit 100 - 150 SW and PW's in my yard. I have a 10 acre lot, so if I blade one I don't have to worry that I'll put out a window. So my short game has been really good lately.

Now I want to build a putting green in my back yard.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Now I want to build a putting green in my back yard.
I'm glad you stuck with it Will. Good for you. I also have toyed around with the putting green idea. I've thought about adding a big screened in porch in my backyard and using half of it for a putting green. There are some companies that make pretty good synthetic stuff for indoor and outdoor use that require little upkeep, but they are a little pricey...a lot cheaper than a $15,000 green mower though.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 10:27 AM
I'm glad you stuck with it Will. Good for you. I also have toyed around with the putting green idea. I've thought about adding a big screened in porch in my backyard and using half of it for a putting green. There are some companies that make pretty good synthetic stuff for indoor and outdoor use that require little upkeep, but they are a little pricey...a lot cheaper than a $15,000 green mower though.

GAH!!! Never even thought of that. That'll make mine a synthetic for sho'

Do any of you guys who golf regularly have any good books you'd recommend? I picked up a copy of Jack Nicklaus' GOLF: My Way recently and have been reading it. It's a great book that I know I'll be able to learn some things from.

Any recommendations from the gallery?

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 10:34 AM
One other thing. I saw an advertisement on The Golf Channel for a little device called the Inside Approach. I went and looked at one and about died when I saw it sells for 60$. It's PVC pipe for God's sake.

So I went to Ebay and bought plans for one. For 5$. Went to Home Depot and got all the parts for 10$.

This thing has helped me remove the slice from my drives. Now, I'm still not using a driver because I'm waiting to catch those new Orlimar's on sale. So until then it's 3W off the tee, and straight to the irons.

But this little device has me hitting the ball about 220 off the tee, straight as a string. With my 3W. Sometimes it has a little leak and fades a bit. But for the most part It's straight and pretty true. I've only been using it for 3 weeks. Now I'm able to draw the ball a little with my irons too.

Best money I ever spent.

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 10:45 AM
One other thing. I saw an advertisement on The Golf Channel for a little device called the Inside Approach. I went and looked at one and about died when I saw it sells for 60$. It's PVC pipe for God's sake.

So I went to Ebay and bought plans for one. For 5$. Went to Home Depot and got all the parts for 10$.

This thing has helped me remove the slice from my drives. Now, I'm still not using a driver because I'm waiting to catch those new Orlimar's on sale. So until then it's 3W off the tee, and straight to the irons.

But this little device has me hitting the ball about 220 off the tee, straight as a string. With my 3W. Sometimes it has a little leak and fades a bit. But for the most part It's straight and pretty true. I've only been using it for 3 weeks. Now I'm able to draw the ball a little with my irons too.

Best money I ever spent.
It sounds like that might be worth the drive up just to point and laugh.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 10:57 AM
It sounds like that might be worth the drive up just to point and laugh.

ROFL

Yea, it does look a little strange. There's a place near Lenexa called Smiley's Golf Complex. Driving range, 18 hole executive course. Man there are people out there with all kinds of wierd devices.

I'm out hitting one day and I keep hearing this "CLACK!"" Can't find it. Then again "CLACK!! CLACK!!!"

Some guy has this thing called a SwingSetter. He swings this a few times and then goes back to hitting. I had never heard of one. He tells me it's the greatest thing he's ever used. Bought it off the Golf Channel.

Course I'd probably know more about this stuff if my DTV carried the damn Golf Channel.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 11:16 AM

Best money I ever spent.

My buddy has the Butch Harmon Laser trainer...similar concept to the Inside Approach but better. It's what has helped me straighten out my swing. You have to have a big room with high ceilings to use it though...he took out his ceiling fan with his!!.. You can get one on Ebay here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1515&item=7163825102&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Herzig
06-18-2005, 11:24 AM
GAH!!! Never even thought of that. That'll make mine a synthetic for sho'

Do any of you guys who golf regularly have any good books you'd recommend? I picked up a copy of Jack Nicklaus' GOLF: My Way recently and have been reading it. It's a great book that I know I'll be able to learn some things from.

Any recommendations from the gallery?

Ben Hogan's Five Lessons
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671723014/qid=1119115132/sr=8-2/ref=pd_csp_2/104-7103293-5007121?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

The Plane Truth for Golfers by Jim Hardy
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071432450/qid=1119115132/sr=8-10/ref=pd_ka_3/104-7103293-5007121?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 11:40 AM
ROFL

Yea, it does look a little strange. There's a place near Lenexa called Smiley's Golf Complex. Driving range, 18 hole executive course. Man there are people out there with all kinds of wierd devices.

I'm out hitting one day and I keep hearing this "CLACK!"" Can't find it. Then again "CLACK!! CLACK!!!"

Some guy has this thing called a SwingSetter. He swings this a few times and then goes back to hitting. I had never heard of one. He tells me it's the greatest thing he's ever used. Bought it off the Golf Channel.

Course I'd probably know more about this stuff if my DTV carried the damn Golf Channel.
Channe 605. Can't read, huh? That quality K-State education failing you?

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 01:37 PM
Channe 605. Can't read, huh? That quality K-State education failing you?

Fark!! When did that happen?

*edit*

Gotta pay extra. I'd gladly exchange my 20 QVC channels and all the Spanish channels for that one.

Bootlegged
06-18-2005, 02:18 PM
last 5 rounds 86, 84, 81, 80, 81

same old, same old.

Bowser
06-18-2005, 02:20 PM
last 5 rounds 86, 84, 81, 80, 81

same old, same old.

It only takes me three rounds to equal those scores, and in so doing, I get to play almost twice the golf you do! Sucker!

philfree
06-18-2005, 09:11 PM
I need to get up there and hang out with a friend of mine(a golfer too). .I'll send you a PM when I think I might be up there and we'll tee it up.

Sar-right...Who's your friend? Is he/she a golfer? Who knows I might know them if they're a golfer.

philfree
06-18-2005, 09:23 PM
ROFL

It had to be 1979 when I was playing a tournement in KC(I was 17) and me and a buddy went and ate pizza and drank a few pitchers of beer(17? :shrug: ) and then went to smiley's and hit balls and played call your shot.....Man that was a long time ago....Of course I won the call your shot and my bud had to buy me more beer.....I always got that guys goat.......It reached the point with him that I'd beat him so much he started throwing his hat at me everytime I made a play. I kinda miss that guy :) I bet he could be replaced by Skip though...........I'm pretty sure I can smack his old arse any way I want........He's to old to put a fight I guess so I'll have to get my jollies some where else.

ROYC75
06-18-2005, 09:31 PM

Wow, I can see why after 5 putting each hole......... :p

philfree
06-18-2005, 09:41 PM

I thought you were to old.......blah, blah, blah...so the excuse went. If you ain't a liar then I think you oughta bring that game on up and shut my mouth..........You pretty much insulted me with your BS when all I was doing was trying to work up a game. You poosed out because you're about to turn 60 but now you hit it 385 off the tee and then knock it flush to the wick????? Let me guess :hmmm: you were playing by yourself.......... If you can grow some balls come up to SpringTown with those 385 yard drives and stoned wedge shots and lay a whipping on me. Heck man, it you,re that good then you should take me up on a $100.00 nassau...........After all according to you Im jsut a drive for show type of player.

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 09:59 PM
I thought you were to old.......blah, blah, blah...so the excuse went. If you ain't a liar then I think you oughta bring that game on up and shut my mouth..........You pretty much insulted me with your BS when all I was doing was trying to work up a game. You poosed out because you're about to turn 60 but now you hit it 385 off the tee and then knock it flush to the wick????? Let me guess :hmmm: you were playing by yourself.......... If you can grow some balls come up to SpringTown with those 385 yard drives and stoned wedge shots and lay a whipping on me. Heck man, it you,re that good then you should take me up on a $100.00 nassau...........After all according to you Im jsut a drive for show type of player.

You're serious aren't you? Are you really that drunk? Well, I'm not. I didn't start this. You did. About a year ago when you were drunk, you were offering to pay all expenses to anyone who lived in the area who would come play you. You were the GREATEST. So I had fun with you and your grandiose visions. Then you admitted you have never won a tournament. Hahahahahahaha If you're as good as you say you are, you should enter the Springfield Mens City Tournament and keep us posted on what happens to you. I own a state title and will submit proof upon request. So far, you're all blow and no go. Remember, you brought this up, I didn't. Let's Rock!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 10:05 PM

Oh, BTW, dipshit, my little story about birdying the first two holes and then going home from boredom = A JOKE. Several other members caught the humor, see the people that quoted me while we had fun with it. Maybe you shouldn't post while you are drunk.

Herzig
06-18-2005, 10:23 PM
Sar-right...Who's your friend? Is he/she a golfer? Who knows I might know them if they're a golfer.

His name is Richard Shadwick. He's a member at a CC up there...can't remember the name.

philfree
06-18-2005, 10:24 PM
You're serious aren't you? Are you really that drunk? Well, I'm not. I didn't start this. You did. About a year ago when you were drunk, you were offering to pay all expenses to anyone who lived in the area who would come play you. You were the GREATEST. So I had fun with you and your grandiose visions. Then you admitted you have never won a tournament. Hahahahahahaha If you're as good as you say you are, you should enter the Springfield Mens City Tournament and keep us posted on what happens to you. I own a state title and will submit proof upon request. So far, you're all blow and no go. Remember, you brought this up, I didn't. Let's Rock!!!!!!!

I didn't start shit all I said is I'd play anyone.....didn't say i win.....

I've never won the SGA but I have played in the last group and I've made the Cup team multiple times and I've never lost and individual match to the Joplin boys.... hell I've deafeated Mo state Jr Champs(after we were adults) in head up match play and I've defeated City Champs who were top seeds back when we had a city match play tounement. I never said I was the greatest but I did offer to cover your green fees.... as far as blow and go you're the one who insulted me but refused to sack up and play. So like you said, "Let's Rock!!!!!!!" AS far as backing into a Kansas State 3-A High School Championship way back in 1972 or whatever year it was...well that means squat to me. The invitation stands and I'm easy to find so unless you wet your depends I guess we got a game. I can meet your schedule so just let me know when you're ready. I'll be there with bells on!

philfree
06-18-2005, 10:30 PM
Oh, BTW, dipshit, my little story about birdying the first two holes and then going home from boredom = A JOKE. Several other members caught the humor, see the people that quoted me while we had fun with it. Maybe you shouldn't post while you are drunk.

I ain't drunk but believe what you want. The games a foot so it you're any kind of man you'll show up for your whoopin. You insulted me you prick so bring it or go back to beatin your meat. I got the game and I've got the jack to back it so the balls in your court. You show and play or you're just plain yella.

philfree
06-18-2005, 10:32 PM
His name is Richard Shadwick. He's a member at a CC up there...can't remember the name.

That name does ring a bell but I can't place it.

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 10:37 PM
I ain't drunk but believe what you want. The games a foot so it you're any kind of man you'll show up for your whoopin. You insulted me you prick so bring it or go back to beatin your meat. I got the game and I've got the jack to back it so the balls in your court. You show and play or you're just plain yella.

You're just plain stupid, you dipshit. And remember you brought it up. Now I'll never let it die, you have an enemy for life. If you don't enter the City Tournament and at least win your first match you are an ignorant fraud. Let's Rock!!!!!!!!

stevieray
06-18-2005, 10:38 PM
"Good morning ladies and gentelmen, we're here for the Springfield showdown...looks like we're ready to go...let's go to the first tee..err wait a minute...we seem to be having some sort of difficulty...Larry, what's going on?"

"Thanks Jim, well we getting ready to start, when a player called someone grandpa, then someone found liquor in a golf bag...lots of arguing going on right now...ooops..seems the police are here now...looks like these two are going to jail...wait...what's that? Seems someone else has shown up....what's a chiefs4me? back to you..jim"

(background voices..dipshit! yella! post whore! golf slut!)

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 10:48 PM
"Good morning ladies and gentelmen, we're here for the Springfield showdown...looks like we're ready to go...let's go to the first tee..err wait a minute...we seem to be having some sort of difficulty...Larry, what's going on?"

"Thanks Jim, well we getting ready to start, when a player called someone grandpa, then someone found liquor in a golf bag...lots of arguing going on right now...ooops..seems the police are here now...looks like these two are going to jail...wait...what's that? Seems someone else has shown up....what's a chiefs4me? back to you..jim"

Nice parody! I'm gonna need to look to see when the Springfield Mens Championship will be held and whether our local bigmouth has enough stones to enter it. We already know he has the mouth for it. Story at 11:00

philfree
06-18-2005, 10:59 PM
You're just plain stupid, you dipshit. And remember you brought it up. Now I'll never let it die, you have an enemy for life. If you don't enter the City Tournament and at least win your first match you are an ignorant fraud. Let's Rock!!!!!!!!

Apparently you don't read to well or you just don't know that the SGA is the Springfield City Championship. SGA = Springfield Golf Association. I'm not gonna repeat what i've all ready posted but I've beat some damn good players in my time and if you have at least one functioning nad left you'll show and then I'll dispatch your azz in quick order. I don't think you'll show though so this is really just a waste of time for me. Shut up or show up and please bring cash cause I ain't got the time to jack with my bank about a bounced check. I'll beat you like a red headed step child......I can't blame you if you don't show...I've done seen the split in your tail.

stevieray
06-18-2005, 11:00 PM
ROFL

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Tell you what I will do, bigmouth, I'll find out when the City Tournament is held and notify you. If you qualify the first day and win your first match, I will play you $1000 Nassaus. I have a state title and you don't. You have to work your way up to fight the champ. Agreed?

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 11:12 PM
Tell you what I will do, bigmouth, I'll find out when the City Tournament is held and notify you. If you qualify the first day and win your first match, I will play you $1000 Nassaus. I have a state title and you don't. You have to work your way up to fight the champ. Agreed?
Th first time I went to state, I was terrified by all the talent that was there. The second time I went there they were terrified of me.

philfree
06-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Nice parody! I'm gonna need to look to see when the Springfield Mens Championship will be held and whether our local bigmouth has enough stones to enter it. We already know he has the mouth for it. Story at 11:00

If you wanna do the research you can probably find my numbers from the SGAs I've played in. I doubt I subjet myself to the 6 hour rounds of golf that comprises the SGA this year. None of that matters though because this is between me and you. Except you you're to big of a poos to play. At this point the only thing that matters between you and I is what happens on the course if you choose to play me. I'm good for a $100.00/$100.00/$100.00 and any presses that occur during the round...well if you have the guts to press after I start kicking your azz.

I can tell that you ain't ever gonna show though so.......

philfree
06-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Th first time I went to state, I was terrified by all the talent that was there. The second time I went there they were terrified of me.

A $grand? Oh please come play...please! Quit trying to dodge me and just show up and play. If you can't do that then shut the fuk up. The invite is there and all you have to do is except. If you refuse I think that pretty much sums up your character....Or lack there of.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 11:44 PM

Uh-oh. I can't wait to read the rest of this thread. Bet it's a Classic nominee.

WilliamTheIrish
06-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Uh-oh. I can't wait to read the rest of this thread. Bet it's a Classic nominee.

Oh shit!! This thread is better than I thought it would be.

ROFL

Skip Towne
06-18-2005, 11:52 PM
A $grand? Oh please come play...please! Quit trying to dodge me and just show up and play. If you can't do that then shut the fuk up. The invite is there and all you have to do is except. If you refuse I think that pretty much sums up your character....Or lack there of.

Hey, Bigmouth, will you play in the Springfield City Mens Tournament or not? I think you're yella, all mouth no go. Prove me wrong, bigmouth, enter the City Tourney and do something except run your mouth. You're afraid some 14 year old kid will beat you aren't you? Hey, they will!!!! That's all they do all day. Remember, bigmouth, you started this, I'm just finishing it. The next time you get drunk and all brave bring it on!!

philfree
06-18-2005, 11:53 PM

You ain't champ of shit........well champ of bull shit maybe. If you don't accept and come play then you're the biggest blow hard, live on your laurels chicken sheite I've ever come across. I'll play you for $1.00, $10.00, $100.00 or a $1,000.00 but you ain't got the sack so WTF!

WilliamTheIrish
06-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Gauntlet thrown down.

Skip Towne
06-19-2005, 12:04 AM

You know, you dipshit, for a minute there I thought we could be friends but then I saw that you don't know the difference between the words "accept" and "except". Well, damn, there goes that relationship. I only deal with the literate. You fired this argument up tonight, are you proud of getting your ass handed to you? You are a total ignorant ass. After you sober up, bring it on back and I'll rip you another new asshole. You need to find out who you are messing with before opening your ignorant pie hole. You won't do it sober, you have proved it.

philfree
06-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey, Bigmouth, will you play in the Springfield City Mens Tournament or not? I think you're yella, all mouth no go. Prove me wrong, bigmouth, enter the City Tourney and do something except run your mouth. You're afraid some 14 year old kid will beat you aren't you? Hey, they will!!!! That's all they do all day. Remember, bigmouth, you started this, I'm just finishing it. The next time you get drunk and all brave bring it on!!

Poosy! Show up and play me. What ever you lucked into when you were still learning to wipe your ass don't mean sqaut. If you had the game you'd have jumped on me at first chance. You ain't got no game or you wouldn't be creating stipulations in an effort to dodge the ass whoopin you know I'll give you. If you're confident in your game then you'd have done been here. Obviously your game is weak as well as your heart.......Until you except my invite you're at the top of my list for the biggest poosy I've ever come across. I bet you have to wear a maxi pad to keep your bleeding heart from soiling your panties.

philfree
06-19-2005, 12:21 AM
You know, you dipshit, for a minute there I thought we could be friends but then I saw that you don't know the difference between the words "accept" and "except". Well, damn, there goes that relationship. I only deal with the literate. You fired this argument up tonight, are you proud of getting your ass handed to you? You are a total ignorant ass. After you sober up, bring it on back and I'll rip you another new asshole. You need to find out who you are messing with before opening your ignorant pie hole. You won't do it sober, you have proved it.

You're a poosy plain and simple. One excuse after another...............If you had game you'd come take my money. The truth is you can't and you know it. Let me tell you something else. If you'd show up and and play I'd treat you with respect but you ain't got the sack so........If you wanna get in my face and call me names like you have been doing here....oh hell you ain't got no sack so I'm pretty sure your mouth would close in person. Come play or you're just a big gash!

I'm done with this but if you want to play just PM me.

Skip Towne
06-19-2005, 12:38 AM
I already went bed but then got back up after wondering why you think you are so good. Why? You've never won a tournament, you've admitted that. Didn't you play on a team in high school? Didn't your team ever win? Mine always won. Did you ever win medalist? Why in the f*ck do you think you're good? You avoid the city tourney because you know some 14 year old will kick your sorry ass. Of course you could have avoided all these unpleasantries by keeping your big mouth shut. I had let it go but not you, bigshot. You know a well as I do there are a dozen 14 year old kids in Springfield that can kick your sorry ass. But you run your mouth well on the Planet just hoping nobody knows better. Well, big deal, I know better. Enter the city tourney and do something or shut your ****ing mouth. You are a phoney bastard. And remember, you ignorant bastard, you caused all this yourself. I had elected to let your phoney ass slide and it worked for about a month then you got all brave and started with your mouth again. Do something you f*cking loudmouth and then talk about it. City Tournament, you coward, city tournament. I know you don't have the guts for it, only the mouth. That is why you've never played in it before.....fear. Big hat, no cattle.

philfree
06-19-2005, 01:18 AM
You're a coward! Me I'll accept the $1,000.00 bets but it ain't gonna matter cause you ain't gonna play. Bock, bock, bock! Chicken Skip! He's every where, he's every where!

Bootlegged
06-19-2005, 07:24 AM
This is hillarious..

I'm confused though, both seem to be saying "You show up, pussy". Who is not showing?

ROYC75
06-19-2005, 08:36 AM
While you ckicken pluckers cackle about you pending matches.......

On a side note, I went out yesterday and swung some clubs on the range.........Damn, it felt great, I miis this game, haven't been all year. Maybe I can go today and play in a Sunday afternoon scramble.

PastorMikH
06-19-2005, 08:56 AM

Was that back when you used to have to stuff and sew your own golf balls together?

Iron Chef
06-19-2005, 09:39 AM
So, does anyone know what kind of clubs I should get as a beginner? I have a very old set of McGregor’s that were given to me. I went out yesterday and hit about 2 out of 10 shots worth a damn.

WilliamTheIrish
06-19-2005, 12:28 PM
Gauntlet still thrown down. And a 1K kicker to boot.

Can't believe we aren't getting a match here.

This would be better than Caddyshack II if we got it on videotape.

runnercyclist
06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
So, does anyone know what kind of clubs I should get as a beginner? I have a very old set of McGregor’s that were given to me. I went out yesterday and hit about 2 out of 10 shots worth a damn.

Just use Phil's or Skip's, they aren't using them. This could go on for months!

chiefs4me
06-19-2005, 08:32 PM

ROFL....so, did we ever find out who brought the booze?:hmmm:

chiefs4me
06-19-2005, 08:38 PM
I would pay money to see this golf match up...:p

ROYC75
06-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Internet BB golf is exciting, enit.......... :D

Stinger
06-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh lord ... WTF is this all about I go out of town and miss a golf thread that turns into a hockey match ROFL

How's all the Planet Golfers playing these days? My game's coming and if the putts start dropping more frequently I might be decent. It comes and goes and that's the nature of the beast. Anyways if Stinger's back in town or anyone else is interested I'm looking for a game with some Planet members. Skip's still invited to play too if he chooses. No big deal just a gentlemen's day on the links.

Sound great :toast:

Sorry been out of town this weekend and my dsl portal at home blew out in the storm Monday night. Just got back up and running. I would love to play my delima is this. I am playing Thurs., Fri., and Sat. in the Highlander at Highland Springs this weekend so no golf for me due to getting off work those 2 day. And I am leaving to take the family to my wife's folks for the 4th of July week so no golf the next week either sorry.

Don't go by me, if something comes up before that I hope everyone has a good time. If not maybe we can get a round or two in July.

Oh and I will gladly offer my services as a walking scorer to the impending match between Skip and Phil. :)

WilliamTheIrish
06-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Oh lord ... WTF is this all about I go out of town and miss a golf thread that turns into a hockey match ROFL

Oh and I will gladly offer my services as a walking scorer to the impending match between Skip and Phil. :)

I volunteer as lead heckler. No need to pay me.

Phobia
06-20-2005, 07:19 AM
What happened here? Phil said he shoots a 75 and Skip got pissy about that? Wow. What's he gonna say when I reveal my score of 68?

Stinger
06-20-2005, 07:55 AM
Wow. What's he gonna say when I reveal my score of 68?He will probably ask what I am about to ... What did you have on the back 9?

philfree
06-20-2005, 08:10 AM

Funny how such an inocent post turned into this ROFL I had nothing but good intentions.

PastorMikH
06-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Here's a question that needs to be clarified for your tourney, will Skip get to tee off at the Sr/ladies tees or will he have to hit from the blues with everyone else?

Stinger
06-20-2005, 08:19 AM
Here's a question that needs to be clarified for your tourney, will Skip get to tee off at the Sr/ladies tees or will he have to hit from the blues with everyone else?

No offence to Skip but as much as he has been talking he needs to tee it off at the blues.

philfree
06-20-2005, 08:21 AM

Sorry been out of town this weekend and my dsl portal at home blew out in the storm Monday night. Just got back up and running. I would love to play my delima is this. I am playing Thurs., Fri., and Sat. in the Highlander at Highland Springs this weekend so no golf for me due to getting off work those 2 day. And I am leaving to take the family to my wife's folks for the 4th of July week so no golf the next week either sorry.

Don't go by me, if something comes up before that I hope everyone has a good time. If not maybe we can get a round or two in July.

Hey Stinger, I'm here about every day so just let me know when you have the time and want to play. What kind of tournement is the Highlander? Is that the big member guest tournement most C.C.s have. Like the Hickory Shafter or the Twin Oaks Classic?

WilliamTheIrish
06-20-2005, 08:22 AM
No offence to Skip but as much as he has been talking he needs to tee it off at the blues.

I don't care if he hits from the red tees, just accept the challenge and let me get this on film.

He backpedaled faster than Tyson on this.

Stinger
06-20-2005, 08:31 AM
Hey Stinger, I'm here about every day so just let me know when you have the time and want to play. What kind of tournement is the Highlander? Is that the big member guest tournement most C.C.s have. Like the Hickory Shafter or the Twin Oaks Classic?

Yep it is the Big Member/Guest at Highland. 50 two man teams I believe, broken down into flights by total handicap. Practice round on Thursday, then on Fri you play three 9 hole matches against teams in your flight. Two more matches on Sat. If you win your flight you move on to the horse race between all flights. Also there will be 2 wild card teams chosen by lowest total score of all flight who did not win their flight. Alot of fun.

philfree
06-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Yep it is the Big Member/Guest at Highland. 50 two man teams I believe, broken down into flights by total handicap. Practice round on Thursday, then on Fri you play three 9 hole matches against teams in your flight. Two more matches on Sat. If you win your flight you move on to the horse race between all flights. Also there will be 2 wild card teams chosen by lowest total score of all flight who did not win their flight. Alot of fun.

That's an interesting format that sounds like a lot of fun.

chiefs4me
06-20-2005, 09:17 AM

Did someone say Hockey...where , when, I wanna go....:p

Stinger
06-20-2005, 10:39 PM
If we can get a good foursome who can play on a weekday I can probably get us all compted at Millwood here in Springfield. My darter in-law works there and she'll take care of PaPa Phil.

How did I miss this post? We are definentally playing next month if this is the case. :)

Although their range messes with me and my yardage. Darn floating golf balls. :cuss:

tommykat
06-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Oh, and I'm young enough to still be considered a pup by Skip - 'course, so is go bo compared to Skip.

One other thing about the Deer Lake course, you would be amazed at how many times I had to repair that fence between our pasture and the course due to golfers going after lost balls.

Young enough alright..........got a lot of weight behind you to hit that ball also.....ROFL Got ya......:p

philfree
06-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Young enough alright..........got a lot of weight behind you to hit that ball also.....ROFL Got ya......:p

Hey Girl, I haven't had the time for that appointment so don't think I standing you up or something. You did a great job last time so I'll be calling soon.

philfree
06-21-2005, 09:31 PM
How did I miss this post? We are definentally playing next month if this is the case. :)

Although their range messes with me and my yardage. Darn floating golf balls. :cuss:

I just try and hit wedge shots that land in the fountain or hit drives long and just left of the pond. That's the hokie-est range I've ever seen at a decent course. :shake: What were they thinkin?

stevieray
06-21-2005, 09:35 PM
What happened here? Phil said he shoots a 75 and Skip got pissy about that? Wow. What's he gonna say when I reveal my score of 68?

Throwing a golf club 68 yards is impressive.

:clap:

philfree
06-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Throwing a golf club 68 yards is impressive.

:clap:

I gotta say that I never intended for the golf thing to escalate like it did between me and skip. He was pretty insulting and I'll never back away from something like that so........I was really just trying to get a game with some of the Springfield Planet Members. I treat people with respect for the most part and especially on the golf course. That's just me. I'd play Stinger for a drink or just for fun but since skip upped the antie and I accepted I'll remain good for my word on that front.

Skip Towne
06-21-2005, 10:15 PM
I gotta say that I never intended for the golf thing to escalate like it did between me and skip. He was pretty insulting and I'll never back away from something like that so........I was really just trying to get a game with some of the Springfield Planet Members. I treat people with respect for the most part and especially on the golf course. That's just me. I'd play Stinger for a drink or just for fun but since skip upped the antie and I accepted I'll remain good for my word on that front.

I no longer play golf. I certainly wouldn't drive 200 + miles to play with you. This all started a year or so ago with you offering to pay for the trip and greens fees for any Planet member audacious enough to challenge the great Philfree. You have somehow turned this into I challenged you or said I could beat you. Yes, when I was your age I believe I could have. Then I find out you have never won a tournament and to top that off you refuse to play in one to establish your credibility. It will take more than your mouth to convince me.

Herzig
06-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I bet you $5 that I can pee further than both of you.

PastorMikH
06-21-2005, 10:20 PM
I bet both of you $5 that I can pee further than both of you.

Now, is that actual peeing or does Skip get to throw his depends?

Stinger
06-21-2005, 10:24 PM
I bet both of you $5 that I can pee further than both of you.

Now, is that actual peeing or does Skip get to throw his depends?

Is this going to be length or accurracy as well? I am sure I don't want to hear someone say "Oh man you pulled it" durring this particular contest.

Herzig
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Is this going to be length or accurracy as well? I am sure I don't want to hear "Oh man I pulled it" durring this particular contest.

Nah...you won't hear that....you might hear someone say to me..."No fair...your shaft is longer than mine!" J/k :p

Skip Towne
06-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Check post #46. This has been a dead issue for more than a year. Philfree gets drunk and wants to reopen it. He did the same thing tonight. And notice it's always after 10:30 when he starts his shit. The drunker I am the better I am.

Stinger
06-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Nah...you won't hear that....you might hear someone say to me..."No fair...your shaft is longer than mine!" J/k :p

ROFL

philfree
06-21-2005, 10:45 PM
I no longer play golf. I certainly wouldn't drive 200 + miles to play with you. This all started a year or so ago with you offering to pay for the trip and greens fees for any Planet member audacious enough to challenge the great Philfree. You have somehow turned this into I challenged you or said I could beat you. Yes, when I was your age I believe I could have. Then I find out you have never won a tournament and to top that off you refuse to play in one to establish your credibility. It will take more than your mouth to convince me.

I guess the audacious thing is your take on things. I did say I would pay your fees after you insulted me. As far as tournements and credibility is concerned I've played many tournements and I don't have to prove my credibility. I've beaten players who have won state titles and city titles head up and I've been beaten by players who went on to when state titles. Alas I am not a individual Champion(That does bug me but I ain't ashamed to say it.) but I've never had anyone try and qualify me as a worthy apponent in the way that you did. Like I said in a different post I was just really trying to get a game up. I will say that if the reason you no longer play golf is something out of your control then I'm sorry for your loss. As far as my mouth being convincing if you did still play I would think calling my hand would be the proper action. No big deal..........My rule is if I ain't willing to put up then I shut up.... :shrug:

philfree
06-21-2005, 10:57 PM
Check post #46. This has been a dead issue for more than a year. Philfree gets drunk and wants to reopen it. He did the same thing tonight. And notice it's always after 10:30 when he starts his shit. The drunker I am the better I am.

Now what did I try and reopen tonight? All I said was I never intended things to go the way they did but I would honor my word. But this post by you is a classic example of your azzfaceness in regards to the whole damn thing. Since you don't play I guess it's easy to be a jerk about it because you'll never have to lay it on the line. Like I said I never intended for things to go the way they did....Live long and prosper :shake:

Skip Towne
06-21-2005, 10:59 PM
I guess the audacious thing is your take on things. I did say I would pay your fees after you insulted me. As far as tournements and credibility is concerned I've played many tournements and I don't have to prove my credibility. I've beaten players who have won state titles and city titles head up and I've been beaten by players who went on to when state titles. Alas I am not a individual Champion(That does bug me but I ain't ashamed to say it.) but I've never had anyone try and qualify me as a worthy apponent in the way that you did. Like I said in a different post I was just really trying to get a game up. I will say that if the reason you no longer play golf is something out of your control then I'm sorry for your loss. As far as my mouth being convincing if you did still play I would think calling my hand would be the proper action. No big deal..........My rule is if I ain't willing to put up then I shut up.... :shrug:

Beating Payne Stewarts uncles cousin's brother in law doesn't count. You weren't trying to get up a game, you were bragging you could beat anybody on the Planet and even offered to pay trip and greens fees. Why do you refuse to enter the Springfield City Tournament? Because you are a coward. As I've told you before, it is because you will get your ass kicked by several 14 year old kids. They aren't interested in your mouth. They will kick your ass. Prove me wrong dpshit, enter the tournament and beat those kids. Or shut the ****_up.

philfree
06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Beating Payne Stewarts uncles cousin's brother in law doesn't count. You weren't trying to get up a game, you were bragging you could beat anybody on the Planet and even offered to pay trip and greens fees. Why do you refuse to enter the Springfield City Tournament? Because you are a coward. As I've told you before, it is because you will get your ass kicked by several 14 year old kids. They aren't interested in your mouth. They will kick your ass. Prove me wrong dpshit, enter the tournament and beat those kids. Or shut the ****_up.

I ain't got nothing to prove to you. I've been as honest as the day is long about my golf game.....It don't matter though because you ignore what I post and start all this BS about 14 year olds (are you sure you aren't MJ?) or whatever......

(skip makes it hard to be nice :shake: )
If I didn't play I think I'd shut up rather then just start insulting people. You're just a bitter old prick who's lost his stick and that's to bad for you because apparently you haven't come to terms with that. It must suck to be you.

Skip Towne
06-21-2005, 11:31 PM
Now what did I try and reopen tonight? All I said was I never intended things to go the way they did but I would honor my word. But this post by you is a classic example of your azzfaceness in regards to the whole damn thing. Since you don't play I guess it's easy to be a jerk about it because you'll never have to lay it on the line. Like I said I never intended for things to go the way they did....Live long and prosper :shake:

What post did you re- open? Try post 98. If you think you can bully me, you better think again. You're a jerk or you would never have started that ignorant "I can beat anybody" mantra. Prove it, dipshit, prove you can beat those 14 year olds. I don't think you can. Play in the City Tourney and do something or shut the **** up!! What an ignorant asshole you are.

philfree
06-21-2005, 11:58 PM
If you think you can bully me, you better think again.

I'm done with this thread but when I start another golf thread to try and hook up with Stinger or some of the other Springfield locals I'll welcome you as long as you want to be civil. Good evening!

WilliamTheIrish
06-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Skip, you don't play anymore? You're kidding, right?

That sucks. I was hoping one day we'd meet up on the course and have a hella good time giving each other shiot.

Herzig
06-22-2005, 06:05 PM

That sucks. I was hoping one day we'd meet up on the course and have a hella good time giving each other shiot.

I think his "shoes" are worn out. He never wore any during the rounds that he and I played together...just his socks.

WilliamTheIrish
06-22-2005, 06:40 PM
I think his "shoes" are worn out. He never wore any during the rounds that he and I played together...just his socks.

Heheh.

Skip Towne
06-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Heheh.
Yeah, I can play barefooted. I got the idea from Sam Snead who also did that as a youngster. I will still go out and drink beer and bat it around once in awhile. But I don't shoot par anymore. I've played 4 times in the last 5 years, all with Herzig. Also, I'm not going to post on this thread anymore. It is Philfree's. I may start another one after this one runs it's course. I like golf threads but it's just all bullshit from me. The game has passed me by.

philfree
06-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I like golf threads but it's just all bullshit from me. The game has passed me by.

If you don't mind me asking but is it physical or is there another reason you don't really play anymore? I'm not trying to be nosey just wondering.

ROYC75
06-22-2005, 08:18 PM

Any chance you going to be in town on Friday, noon ? I'm meeting a friend at Sycamore Ridge ( same place as last years foundation golf ) for a 12:30 pm tee time.

For that matter, anybody else want to tee it up ? I have room for 2 people .........