PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins or StarWars

chop
06-18-2005, 05:39 AM
I promised my son ( 8 years old) that I would take him to the movies today. I'm not sure what movie I should take him to. I think I narrowed it down to Batman and StarWars (unless someone tells me either of them aren't appropriate for his age).

Any suggestions?

Fried Meat Ball!
06-18-2005, 05:41 AM
There's potentially some scary shit for an 8 year old in Batman Begins... some of the stuff detailing Scarecrow could frighten him pretty good, kinda depends on how well he handles that kind of stuff. At 8, I'd have been OK... at 20 my wife would have gotten freaked out still.

chop
06-18-2005, 05:46 AM
There's potentially some scary shit for an 8 year old in Batman Begins... some of the stuff detailing Scarecrow could frighten him pretty good, kinda depends on how well he handles that kind of stuff. At 8, I'd have been OK... at 20 my wife would have gotten freaked out still.

How do the scenes compare to the spiderman movie?

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 05:52 AM
yeah, I think Batman may be a bit dark for your 8 year old..although I enjoyed it more than Starwars...

oaklandhater
06-18-2005, 05:53 AM

A bit more scary then the green goblin,but thats what i like about the batman movies there alot darker then Spidermans happy life style.

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 05:54 AM

way scarier and freakier than anything in Spiderman....Batman is a more adult movie, imho, than Starwars...

chop
06-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Thanks, that was the information I was looking for. Looks like Starwars is the choice.

oaklandhater
06-18-2005, 06:04 AM
yeah, I think Batman may be a bit dark for your 8 year old..although I enjoyed it more than Starwars...

i saw the frist batman when i was about 6-7 and it did not bother me

KC Jones
06-18-2005, 06:47 AM
Both of those movies seem too dark and violent for an 8 year old to me.

patteeu
06-18-2005, 08:14 AM
My 8 year old girl and her 11 year old sister both loved Star Wars III. We had watched IV, V, VI, I, and II in order over the previous 2 weeks so they knew the whole story and understood that III was going to explain the origins of Darth Vader, Luke, and Leia. As soon as we got out of III, my 8 year old wanted to watch all 6 movies again. No jokes about grooming GoChiefs future bride please. :)

Chieficus
06-18-2005, 09:12 AM

Yeah, but this one...

::: Spoiler alert :::

Has the Bat's looking almost like the devil in a drugged out seen with black ooze coming out of his mouth. Plus the maggots covering Scarecrow's face...

::: End Spoiler :::

Heck of a movie, but not for most 8 year olds...

Over-Head
06-18-2005, 11:40 AM
Go with Star Wars.

the Talking Can
06-18-2005, 11:49 AM

great

wtf does that have to do with the thread, you glue sniffer?

chop
06-18-2005, 12:24 PM
We just back about an hour ago from seeing Star Wars. It was OK for him to see. There were a couple of parts that I was a leary of but, all in all, it was fine.

Thanks for the help.